Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 9, 2014 12:46 PM

Mar 2008
Tarextherex said:
Good thing Jojo is awesome overall or I woulda insta-dropped it for animal cruelty. Heard he does that to accurately portray evil so he can hate the villains and rejoice when they get beat up but this kinda went too far, the stand is already creepy as it is, no need for that on top of it

Well, yes. But JoJo is a horror manga to a certain degree. There is a lot of random deaths through the whole manga, persons and animals. It's pretty hypocrisy of people to just care about them.

Aug 9, 2014 2:34 PM

Apr 2010
So this group is supposed to be smart yet a bloody and obvious message IN THE ARM is kept hidden without the group getting suspicious ?

Come on now ...
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Aug 9, 2014 2:35 PM

Jan 2013
cyclone1993 said:
I wonder how they are going to deal with a baby stand user?

The grossness, the grossness! I can't unsee it!

I'm not going to tell you to not watch it because it's useless. But not watch the next episode while you eat because it's really disgusting.

I read it months ago and I still want to vomite just remembering.
Aug 9, 2014 3:44 PM

May 2013
Seriously one of my favorite bits from the manga -- it exemplifies the great use of horror and balls to the wall absurdity that part 3 is so great at. Glad to see they've adapted it pretty much flawlessly.

One of the best parts about Stardust Crusaders is that all the characters get to have their time in the limelight -- oftentimes their fights being way more interesting than our MC's -- and this one is most definitely Kakyoin's best. Very excited for next week.
Aug 9, 2014 4:10 PM
Jun 2014
SD_CV said:
So this group is supposed to be smart yet a bloody and obvious message IN THE ARM is kept hidden without the group getting suspicious ?

Come on now ...

Kakyoin didn't show it to ayone yet. He will next episode, I think.
Aug 9, 2014 5:08 PM

Feb 2011
Guys, I think the baby's the origami killer...
Aug 9, 2014 6:21 PM

Oct 2012
That baby got one big head
Aug 10, 2014 3:26 AM

Aug 2013
What a stupid episode. They're suspicious of a plane being a stand but not a baby having one? And the episode should've been over already, he knows its the fucking baby. It's the same with the Lover episodes it doesn't have to be this fucking long it's just being padded out if there isn't enough material for a 24 episode season just make it 20 instead of packing it full of filler garbage.

Also people told me at the beginning of the season if they took an airplane they wouldn't stand a chance against the people Dio sent after them. We're 19 episodes in and I haven't seen any stand user that could take down a private plane. I'm really shocked that people actually liked this episode. Not sure why you'd like a low quality rehash of Nightmare on Elm Street. 2/5
HaytinAug 10, 2014 3:31 AM
Aug 10, 2014 5:09 AM
Dec 2013
Haytin said:
Not sure why you'd like a low quality rehash of Nightmare on Elm Street. 2/5

There's a difference between an homage and a low quality rehash-something which you don't seem able to differentiate.
Aug 10, 2014 5:55 AM
Jan 2010
Joseph really drops the ball on this part.
Aug 10, 2014 8:08 AM

Feb 2013
Haytin said:
What a stupid episode. They're suspicious of a plane being a stand but not a baby having one? And the episode should've been over already, he knows its the fucking baby. It's the same with the Lover episodes it doesn't have to be this fucking long it's just being padded out if there isn't enough material for a 24 episode season just make it 20 instead of packing it full of filler garbage.

Also people told me at the beginning of the season if they took an airplane they wouldn't stand a chance against the people Dio sent after them. We're 19 episodes in and I haven't seen any stand user that could take down a private plane. I'm really shocked that people actually liked this episode. Not sure why you'd like a low quality rehash of Nightmare on Elm Street. 2/5

Thing is, their not necesarily worried about enemy stands crashing a plane with their powrs, it's just that having to fight with one in such a cramped space while in suspended flight is super dangerous (it'd just be harder for them to use their own stands and impossible to run from an enemy) .
gedataAug 10, 2014 8:24 AM
Aug 10, 2014 8:42 AM

Jun 2009
Haytin said:

Living up to that name, I see.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 10, 2014 10:44 AM

Jul 2010
Haytin said:

But Kakyoin doesn't know that the baby is the stand user, actually he doesn't even know there is a stand user nearby. He suspect that, after he sees his own message of blood on his arm but he's not sure. He himself fears that he's losing sanity, plus the memoring erasing thing makes him even more confused. I honestly think they gave enough hints to make it believable.
Aug 10, 2014 4:48 PM

Aug 2013
@gedata How could another stand reach them in the sky? I mean if they're flying in a plane too couldn't Kakyoin attack it? Also it's not like they're forced to fly next to it.

@Akanezora Ya I know he forgets the stuff in the dream but with the message on his arm, dead dog, and wound he had in the morning I'd think he'd be able to figure it out. If he doesn't at least tell the others about the message on his arm at the beginning of the next episode it's going to be super obvious that this two parter is just crappy filler.
Aug 10, 2014 5:51 PM

Jul 2010
Exactly, just as you say, now that the hints have been revealed he should figure it out by the next episode, at least this is the most logic answer I could give you without spoiling too much.

That said, I really suggest you to take these "fillers" for what they are, simply fun. Enjoy the references, enjoy the silliness of some characters, enjoy the fights of wits but don't expect intricate plot twists, yet. And just to be clear, I'm not trying to be a smart-ass or something, I'm just saying this for your own benefit.

Oh, as for the attack on the plane you speak off, I'll try to answer for Gedata.
They don't know what kind of Stand could attack them by any moment, perhaps there are some that can fly? After all, what do we know so far about Stands? They are unpredictable.
But! In the end they took the risk, since time was running out and they felt the pressure of Holly's life.
Aug 10, 2014 6:13 PM

Aug 2013
Poor Kakyoin, that's the shittiest situation he could be in (no pun intended). How can he prove that the baby is a stand user while remembering nothing of the dream. That's some meta bullshit.

Polnareff is still the same useless guy :P
And Joseph the same terribly unlucky plane driver...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 10, 2014 7:28 PM

Sep 2009
>filler
>episodic series

are you serious

I mean yeah, don't get me wrong, some of the episodes got padded out a bit from the manga because of pacing (The Sun is the most obvious example), but this one is entirely manga-accurate and there is nothing wrong with the pacing. Unless you're calling the fight itself filler, in which case CONGRATULATIONS ON NOT MENTALLY PROCESSING ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED IN THE LAST 16 EPISODES AND SOMEHOW STILL BELIEVING THE FIGHTS IN THIS SERIES ARE PART OF A PLOT PROGRESSION.
Aug 10, 2014 8:53 PM

Jan 2009
This was one of my favorite parts in the manga. They are doing a great job in the anime!
Aug 10, 2014 11:23 PM

Mar 2014
Haytin said:

This is jojo. You shouldn't try to make sense of it as long as it doesn't get too stupid.
Aug 11, 2014 11:51 PM

Jan 2013
Baby stand, wonder what will happen to the baby
Aug 12, 2014 3:38 PM

Jun 2010
Haytin said:
Also people told me at the beginning of the season if they took an airplane they wouldn't stand a chance against the people Dio sent after them. We're 19 episodes in and I haven't seen any stand user that could take down a private plane.

Just for you I found my original post so I can elaborate on it some more in regards to this

• After the Tower of Grey fight they realised just how dangerous it is to fight in a plane. You have to remember that the interior of a plane is both pressurised and is limited in space, which would make movement (such as dodging) hard to do and reduce their ability to fight (eg Avdol couldn't use his flames, else he'd blow up the plane).
  • They don't know what other powers the other enemy stand users possess. Without spoiling anything I can say that had they encountered some of the other enemies on a plane that they would have all been wiped out in one go. You should never underestimate the unknown, especially when the other side knows more about you then what you know about them.

[list]
[*] It is still very dangerous to fight in an airplane, mainly due to limited movements. Additionally all it takes is one wrong stray punch from SP, stray stab/slash from SC, or stray emerald from HG to compromise the integrity. Let's not even go into if Avdol was still there; everyone would go up into a massive ball of flame.
[*] While there is a Stand later on that COULD take down a private plane (I can't say without spoilers sorry), that's not really what I meant. What I meant was that there are Stands that would've been able to wipe them out due to the advantages they'd have in a sealed environment and because of the mechanics of the Stand. So far there's been Yellow Temperance and Hanged Man who would've been quite awful, Death 13 would've despite what you say, another one directly after the next fight would've been pretty bad and there's at least three others that I can think of (including that one that could just bring the entire plane down).
WandererReduxAug 12, 2014 3:43 PM
Aug 12, 2014 3:47 PM

Aug 2014
I definitely liked this episode. The creepiness was at just the right touch. I think it will be very apparent to Jotaro next episode that Kakyoin isn't just going crazy.
Aug 12, 2014 6:23 PM
Jun 2014
I don't think it's that hard to fight in a plane for them. The way I understood it is that they won't take planes because they will endanger other civilians, who have nothing to do with this on a large scale.

But this plane is only for the 4 of them and no other passengers. So even if a stand attacked they wouldn't mind since i wouldnt endanger civilians. I don't think fightning in a plane has anything to do with it, no matter how more difficult it is.
Aug 13, 2014 7:35 AM

Aug 2013
This episode was good,Death 13 is creppy as hell I was wondering how could they beat him till I spoiled myself.

Also don't ever again put Joseph in the pilots position,it already 4 plane crashes on his behalf.(It is 4 right?)
Aug 14, 2014 12:50 AM
Mar 2011
I really liked the stand user. I would even buy a toy of it, if 'tis not too expensive.
Aug 14, 2014 8:50 AM
Dec 2013
naens said:
I really liked the stand user. I would even buy a toy of it, if 'tis not too expensive.

Hate to break it to you, but...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Di-molto-bene-JoJos-Bizarre-Adventure-Part-III-49-Death-13-Mannish-Boy-FM2192-/161349432145?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_71&hash=item25912cf351

it is
Aug 14, 2014 8:54 AM
Mar 2011
Lol. It's 100 times worse and 26.5 times more expensive than I imagined...
Aug 22, 2014 6:48 AM
May 2014
HAHA! It killed the dog straight away omfg :')

That fucking megaphone was pretty grotesque. wow. O_O

WHAT THE FUCK WITH THE EYEBALLS. THIS EPISODE WAS SO DISTURBING!

Thumbs up for Kakyoin with the arm letters though, I was pretty sure that's what he was doing ^^ Looks like the baby is safe for now, the little shit.
Aug 22, 2014 11:24 AM

Nov 2007
Joseph has no luck with planes. :(

Poor Kakyoin, but it's pretty clever to pick him as the victim. His character arc is set up so that his sanity/loyalty is questioned constantly so when the time comes where it really matters for people to trust him, even he can't trust himself. And the only one who can support him is unfortunately the incredibly dense Pol.
Aug 23, 2014 10:45 AM

Mar 2014
Seems really interesting so far, can't wait for the second half.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Sep 6, 2014 5:23 AM

Apr 2013
I would have been disappointed if the plane didn't crash.

That's a pretty cool stand.
Sep 17, 2014 9:33 PM

Nov 2013
Great episode. That eyeball scene is just another reason why not to watch JoJo before, during, or after eating.

Sep 30, 2014 3:56 PM

May 2012
Lol another plane crash :p Pretty interesting episode in general, I wonder how they'll get behind it that the baby is the stand! Let's see what's next.
Oct 11, 2014 1:27 AM

Jul 2013
I hate it when this happens.. what the fuck Kakyoin why keep it a secret? Tell them about it goddamn it! After everything that's happened, a baby stand user is not hard to believe... come on
Oct 17, 2014 8:09 PM

Mar 2012
A vampire baby with a stand that kills people, and dog, in their dreams huh? Interesting.

inafterjosephplanecrash
Nov 16, 2014 5:58 PM

Apr 2014
Man the voice actor for Death 13 gets on my nerves, why didn't kakyoin man up and show off his arm?
Jan 10, 2015 12:24 PM

Aug 2014
This episode was kind of boring.
It was clever that Kakyouin cut that into himself. I thought he would do something like that. It was cool when Joseph used his stand to control the plane.
Jan 31, 2015 9:30 AM

Mar 2014
So does the author of Jojo hate dogs or something? Really enjoying the show but rarely have I seen such an animal unfriendly show, and I already know there's more to come
Jul 9, 2015 7:53 AM

Feb 2015
I thought Joseph wasn't going to crash this time after he saved them from crashing he should really stop going on planes.

Another animal died.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2016 5:43 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Damn, Death 13 seems like a tricky opponent. Kakyoin's situation sucks!

5/5
Apr 26, 2016 4:04 PM

Dec 2012
So was the baby born with vampire teeth? or......

Crazy episode. Love the gore.

Holy crap! Xehanort before Xehanort was in this episode.
RobApr 26, 2016 4:32 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 14, 2016 4:04 PM

Feb 2013
Fourth crash for Joseph, keep increasing the record.
I wonder how did Dio find the baby.
Jun 11, 2016 4:20 PM

Feb 2012
Who would kill a dog?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 22, 2016 3:48 PM

Dec 2014
They mention the movie The Exorcist and make a Freddy Krueger-like stand? I love this show
Oct 12, 2016 5:41 AM

May 2016
Seeing that it had a lot of horror movie references, I admit that that was the most disturbing episode I've seen so far... That baby's fucked up @_@

Clever Kakyoin carving up letters into his arm. Just as expected~

Joseph survives another plane crash. Both a blessing and a curse.

I feel bad for him, though. Why did he hide it from them lelz ~_~

Dec 31, 2016 8:59 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Incredible surprise, a baby of 11th monts with a stand, the Death 13!!!!

The baby with his tooths seems dracula xD
Jan 27, 2017 8:05 AM

Oct 2012
If only anime characters always speak whatever things bothered them instead of saying "Nevermind, probably just my imagination"
But then again, for plot convenience xD

Lali-ho? Dwarves greeting from FFIV?

I think Jotaro noticed something, he's way too sharp
Rayl1ghtJan 27, 2017 11:32 PM
"Signature removed"
Feb 11, 2017 7:14 PM

Feb 2016
Haha, I love this show, so awesome.

I least expected this to be a bombastic version of Ergo Proxy.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
May 19, 2017 1:51 PM

Nov 2016
Freddy Krueger Stand is the best one yet for sure.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2014

132 by JosVoogt21 »»
Apr 20, 6:46 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - May 9, 2014

167 by fgowy »»
Apr 13, 11:37 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

159 by HilariousPerson »»
Apr 9, 8:34 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akanezora - Sep 12, 2014

276 by Will_Keisuke_ »»
Mar 27, 6:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2014

217 by OVERJRIVE »»
Jan 23, 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.