Forum Settings
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2014 9:10 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
And, so, it looks like Sailor V has arrived. Some really well done scenes between Usagi and Mamoru this chapter.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 1, 2016 10:37 AM
Sep 2014
Wow, I forgot just how quickly the manga goes from silly to serious. I got whiplash from how abruptly Usagi's character changed.
May 21, 2019 6:11 AM
Jan 2012
Sudden car going off the cliff made me laugh a bit not gonna lie.
Oct 21, 2020 10:16 AM

Jan 2009
yep at least Usagi knows Tuxedo Mask and Mamoru are the same person now

and Sailor Venus debut next chapter eh
Apr 16, 2021 4:49 PM

Aug 2017
Usako and Mamo-chan awwwwwww I'm dying that's too cute

Though he's definitely acting quite a bit too forceful

It feels like so many things've happened already, and it's just 7 chapters in.

Looks like I've read Sailor V in just the right moment, huh. Best girl appears!

Rei_III said:

So, Minako is your favourite? (Funny, Rei or Makoto are usually the more popular ones out of the Inner planets.)

I mean, she received the most sacrosanct "character development" thanks to the prequel, so... xD She's kind of a deuteragonist of the story.

Regardless of characterization, people just love to see more of their beloved girls, so long series with "filler" are well-accepted. At least that's my guess.

P.S. Judging by this comment and your marks, you don't seem to be very fond of the original adaptation...I was actually looking forward to checking it out someday (at least partially) because of the good names attached to it (Satou, Ikuhara, etc)
St0rmbladeApr 19, 2021 3:22 AM
Apr 19, 2021 2:48 AM

Dec 2015
St0rmblade said:

It feels like so many things've happened already, and it's just 7 chapters in.
Best girl appears!

That's why people keep telling Crystal is bad (it's one of the reason, I mean) and the first very long TV adaptation is good (supposedly giving a personality and traits to the main characters, unlike the manga, and allowing for the sacrosanct "character development", all this through the episodic format where each monster of the week was dedicated to one of the various "senshi"). I've read the manga only in late childhood so I had seen everything but the final chapter on TV and this was so pleasant to see the story progress faster (I also never thought the characters lacked characterization).

So, Minako is your favourite? (Funny, Rei or Makoto are usually the more popular ones out of the Inner planets.)

@St0rmblade I've only watched the TV show twice (the original french "recut" when it was first aired up to its stop right before the last segment when I was around 7-10, the Stars series as fansub in highschool then the whole thing in italian in the early 2010s one episode every day). I can see its merits (the whole re-design, the direction... at times, the emotional finale of the first intrigue, Mitsuishi and my "darling" FURUYA at least in the japanese version even though I'm not sure his kind of voice goes well with the character) but no merit is enough to stretch so thin a story over years and years of padding. I liked metal heroes and sentai as a kid, but it was good only once in a while. And the Sailor Moon series all have the same problem as those live-action series. I wasn't a fan of the redesigns either so...
Meanwhile, most of its points of interest come from the manga. That doesn't seems barebones to me as it does to most people, simply straightforward.

Of course, I knew you would watch the series (but try to watch it all, so you'll get the "real experience" just like me ;) ).

PS: to learn that you intentionally checked my marks... I feel naked.
Rei_IIIApr 19, 2021 6:06 AM
Oct 19, 2021 6:21 PM

Feb 2021
its looking better now more action. Ill keep reading.
Jul 25, 2022 11:51 AM
Aug 2020
OH MY GOOOD SAILOR V-CHAN :O

More topics from this board

» What would happen if Usagi was forced to marry Kurt Cobain and have a baby with him?

Saori_Shun - Mar 20

3 by phoenix132 »»
Mar 20, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Chapter 3 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Aug 5, 2014

5 by Jakester95 »»
Aug 15, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Chapter 14 Discussion

witchwings - Sep 27, 2014

3 by GolfTennisBall »»
Mar 27, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Chapter 12 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Aug 11, 2014

5 by GolfTennisBall »»
Mar 23, 2023 12:34 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Chapter 1 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Aug 5, 2014

3 by simplyedlena »»
Mar 10, 2023 7:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.