Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2014 4:59 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Cool to see En back this chapter and lol, he got into a fight pretty damn fast there.
Aug 7, 2014 6:55 PM

Sep 2009
THANK GODS DOKUGA IS OK!! (A lot more ok than I expected him to be, tbh.)

Dorohedoro 127: *Dokuga unconscious in Shin’s choke hold*
Me: OH GOOD, HE’S FINE!!
(Because you can’t be pronounced dead unless you’ve been decapitated, torn to pieces, and/or disintegrated.)

Dorohedoro 128: *Shin gets turned into mushrooms*
Me: OH GOOD, HE’S FINE!!
(Shin’s been turned into mushrooms before and Noi recovered him. This way the tube fell out so Shin will likely not be sludge-infected if Noi restores him.)

That is Dorohedoro.
Aug 7, 2014 9:42 PM

Jun 2010
So glad En is back I really missed him!
Aug 8, 2014 4:43 PM
Aug 2010
Anyone knows which volume does this chapter belong to, and how many chapters are there left till the end of the series?
Aug 8, 2014 8:18 PM

Jul 2009
Ebisuu!! I liker her Mask, However I like her face even more. Hope to see more action soon.
Aug 8, 2014 8:42 PM

Sep 2009
Brighty said:
Anyone knows which volume does this chapter belong to, and how many chapters are there left till the end of the series?

This is the first chapter in volume 20. Q usually put 8 chapters per volume, but volume 19 had 10 chapters. I'm thinking volume 20 will go above 8 too to properly wrap things up.
Aug 9, 2014 2:25 AM
Aug 2010
Neiru2013 said:
Brighty said:

This is the first chapter in volume 20. Q usually put 8 chapters per volume, but volume 19 had 10 chapters. I'm thinking volume 20 will go above 8 too to properly wrap things up.

Alright, thank you
Now I just hope there will be no breaks caused by that issue with Ikki Magazine.
Aug 13, 2014 5:18 PM

Jul 2014
Interesting. Poor Dokuga, he just can't get a break. Also seeing En naked and freezing is indeed funny.
Though I can't remember, when they returned the devil tumor to En... Did the Ebisu puppet do it off-screen in this chapter or was it earlier?..

Nonetheless I don't like where it is going at the moment. I dislike that they resurrected Kaiman from long ago already. While I understand that the best ending for the MCs, probably, is to go back to the way it was at the beginning, I wanted to see how they would deal with the complicated history of Ai. As of now it looks like they'll simply kill the emergent demon and let the ressurected Kaiman live.
Aug 13, 2014 10:24 PM

Sep 2009
deadoptimist said:
I can't remember, when they returned the devil tumor to En... Did the Ebisu puppet do it off-screen in this chapter or was it earlier?..

The Ebisu doll did it when it got into the body bag. Or, rather, the devil tumor probably crawled back to En on its own once the Ebisu doll got in the body bag.
Aug 14, 2014 3:32 AM

Jul 2014
Neiru2013 said:
The Ebisu doll did it when it got into the body bag. Or, rather, the devil tumor probably crawled back to En on its own once the Ebisu doll got in the body bag.

Thanks!
Ah, so, as I thought, it wasn't shown.
Aug 17, 2014 11:18 AM

Jun 2010
deadoptimist said:
Nonetheless I don't like where it is going at the moment. I dislike that they resurrected Kaiman from long ago already. While I understand that the best ending for the MCs, probably, is to go back to the way it was at the beginning, I wanted to see how they would deal with the complicated history of Ai. As of now it looks like they'll simply kill the emergent demon and let the ressurected Kaiman live.

Yeah, I agree with you about the resurrected Kaiman, it always seemed suspicious to me that he just came back from nowhere (we still haven't got any explanation about this, have we ?)
When I read those recent chapters for the first time, I also assumed that Ai/the new devil entity would get killed and the new Kaiman is the one who will get to live, but on second thoughts it just doesn't fit.
I simply can't imagine this awesome manga ending like that. Even though it finishes in a happy way with 'Kaiman' and Nikaido working together at the Hungry Bug, I think the main issues of these characters have to be dealed with.

We know that Nikaido's wish was to become human, because she suffered from her great magic powers, and that she also wants to live happily with Kaiman in her restaurant. She has already saved her friend Yakumo by her own means, managing to get rid of the main trauma of her past. And now she can probably reach her second goal by killing Kai/Ai (with her new devil powers and the kitchen knife) and managing to save Kaiman/Aikawa (I dont' really know how, but anything can happen in this manga, so let's put our trust in Hayashida-sensei's writing skills :D). In my headcanon, it is probable she will also stab herself with the knife so she can become human again. And because she will probably have used all her magic shots by the end of the battle, it means she can go full human again without having to worry anymore about her powers.
So Nikaido's wishes and goals would be fulfilled in what seems to me a satisfactory way and she could then have her well-deserved happy end making gyoza while being with her friend :3
Kaiman's case is more complicated due to his multiple personalities, but if we look at his character in the beginning, he always wanted to regain his face and memories. So him still being a reptile at the end would make little sense, I reckon. In chapter 55, when Nikaido asked him what he would do once he his back to his real self (=> face + memories), it led to this super cute scene when they agreed on helping each other at the restaurant. This is very big foreshadowing that enclines me to think it is Aikawa that will make it in the end. Plus, if we consider Aikawa himself, he clearly is the most tragic and conflicted character of this story, being persuaded by Ai he never really existed in the first place, having killed his best friend and other people he cared about (Natsuki...). I mean, it would really be sad if he just disappeared along Kai/Ai/whatever the thing he has become is ^^" (I also personally think what Ai really wanted was not power (=> Kai) but happiness (=> Aikawa), but this isn't the point so I'll go no further about it).
There's also Risu's case that need to be dealed with, as he wants to kill Kai, but is basically Aikawa's best friend (Nikaido herself said she doubts he really wants to kill him).

As for chapter 127, we saw that Devil!Kai put one of these tubes on Kaiman, so... we'll have to see where this leads, I guess.

Sorry for the rant, I just really wanted to share my thoughts and this fandom isn't exactly large, so... XD

Concerning chapter 128, I loved it. Never totally realized until now how much a pillar En is in this manga, it's good to have him around again. Also loved the fact Dokuga seems to have regained his memories.
I hope Shin can be cured, since his mushroom-body was torn apart when he collided with the door :/
SatieAug 17, 2014 11:37 AM
Aug 17, 2014 12:05 PM

Jul 2014
Satie said:
Sorry for the rant, I just really wanted to share my thoughts and this fandom isn't exactly large, so... XD

Not at all! I am happy to talk to someone about Doro. You're right - the people, who read it, are very hard to catch. -_-"

Satie said:
Yeah, I agree with you about the resurrected Kaiman, it always seemed suspicious to me that he just came back from nowhere (we still haven't got any explanation about this, have we ?)
When I read those recent chapters for the first time, I also assumed that Ai/the new devil entity would get killed and the new Kaiman is the one who will get to live, but on second thoughts it just doesn't fit.

As far as I remember, it was mentioned at some point that this Kaiman grew from the severed had in the jar. That's why he has the memories only until the time he lost that head.
I certainly hope that more light wil be shed on Kaiman's personalities' story - he (I will omit the others for simplicity ><) is the most complicated character, and I absolutely loved Aikawa's interactions with Nikaido as well as the scary moments, when he changed heads. The thing I worry about is that not many chapters are left, and the story doesn't go that way in the slightest.
As for now, I really don't see other satisfactory endings besides returning to the status quo of the beginning. En's family will come back to governing their world, maybe the cross-eyes will be resurrected too. Kaiman and Nikaido will come back to The Hungry Bug.
The only things that can change, I guess, are Kaiman's face and, maybe, the status of The Hole (because of the demonic lake). Maybe Aikawa will be left as dominating personality in the end, but even this doesn't seem likely, because there is not much time for him bonding with Nikaido.

Satie said:
In my headcanon, it is probable she will also stab herself with the knife so she can become human again. And because she will probably have used all her magic shots by the end of the battle, it means she can go full human again without having to worry anymore about her powers.

Hmm. Haven't thought about it, but you're right. The knife is her chance to stop the devil transformation. As for her time magic, she will probably have spent it by the end of the manga.

Satie said:
This is very big foreshadowing that enclines me to think it is Aikawa that will make it in the end. Plus, if we consider Aikawa himself, he clearly is the most tragic and conflicted character of this story, being persuaded by Ai he never really existed in the first place, having killed his best friend and other people he cared about (Natsuki...). I mean, it would really be sad if he just disappeared along Kai/Ai/whatever the thing he has become is ^^" (I also personally think what Ai really wanted was not power (=> Kai) but happiness (=> Aikawa), but this isn't the point so I'll go no further about it).

Yep, Aikawa is the most sympathetic of the Ai's personalities. Though we need to face Ai himself at least once before the end. After all, he started all of this.
It seems that you have an interesting theory about what different personalities represent, am I right? *hint, hint* :)

Satie said:
Concerning chapter 128, I loved it. Never totally realized until now how much a pillar En is in this manga, it's good to have him around again. Also loved the fact Dokuga seems to have regained his memories.

Yes. Never thought that I would be happy to see En. He is so reassuring in all this madness.
Aug 17, 2014 1:01 PM

Jun 2010
Thank you for replying so fast ! I really am happy too to be able to chat about this fabulous manga >-<

deadoptimist said:
As far as I remember, it was mentioned at some point that this Kaiman grew from the severed had in the jar.

Yeah, thanks for the reminder, I had actually forgotten about it. But even this doesn't really explain how he came back (he simply regrew his body from the head ? It seems quite weird, he could have done it before considering how long it's been laying around...) nor where (last time I remember the location of the head, it was it En's mansion, on Nikaido's bedside table). Perhaps is it a trap ?
*actual wishful thinking that it will serve as a separate body for Aikawa to come back without being in Ai/Kai's body*

deadoptimist said:
I certainly hope that more light wil be shed on Kaiman's personalities' story - he (I will omit the others for simplicity ><) is the most complicated character, and I absolutely loved Aikawa's interactions with Nikaido as well as the scary moments, when he changed heads.

Yeah, me too. As for the Aikawa/Nikaido's interactions, I just am fond of them, the 'goodbye' scene in volume 11 tore my heart :(

deadoptimist said:
The thing I worry about is that not many chapters are left, and the story doesn't go that way in the slightest.
As for now, I really don't see other satisfactory endings besides returning to the status quo of the beginning. En's family will come back to governing their world, maybe the cross-eyes will be resurrected too. Kaiman and Nikaido will come back to The Hungry Bug.
The only things that can change, I guess, are Kaiman's face and, maybe, the status of The Hole (because of the demonic lake). Maybe Aikawa will be left as dominating personality in the end, but even this doesn't seem likely, because there is not much time for him bonding with Nikaido.

Yes, I must say I also am a little worried about the pace the story took during the last volumes. The story still is very good, but I don't see how Hayashida-sensei will wrap all of this up in what... less than 10 chapters ? It seems impossible to me, but I hope I am wrong, or that perhaps she will make one or two additional volumes so the ending is not rushed.
Well, Aikawa is my favourite character, so I really hope for him to stay. We know he's got Kaiman's memories, so his feelings towards Nikaido are pretty much the same. On her side, given her reactions when they previously met, it seems she still consider him as the Kaiman she knew (she kept calling him like this, which upset him a little :)) So I don't really think they have to bond more now, it can be done after the battle, since they really need to talk to each other either way.
As for The Hole, it's status will probably change, but I would like to see more of the story before trying to predict anything. I guess the biggest issues that needs to be resolved other than the main's character's is the 'rivalry' between the Cross-Eyes and the magic users, but perhaps Kai's death will settle this problem, since the utopia of the former ('The Boss wants to help us by killing magic users') will be dismissed with his disparition, whereas the latter won't really have any reason to go after them anymore (because En will be the 'winner' and will probably set the world on a path with less chaos).

deadoptimist said:
Yep, Aikawa is the most sympathetic of the Ai's personalities. Though we need to face Ai himself at least once before the end. After all, he started all of this.
It seems that you have an interesting theory about what different personalities represent, am I right? *hint, hint* :)

No, I really don't have any well-developed theory about Ai's multiple personalities XD It's just that I think Q Hayashida really has highlighted Aikawa's character troughout the story, as well as his fears and anger at the other part of himself (these pages in which he tried to kill Kai by committing suicide were so empowering). If what Ai really wanted was only power, why would Aikawa's personality be so predominant in 'Kaiman''s body ? It could be only Kai. There's also this panel where Ai looks at Aikawa through a door/mirror and says he's the magic user he has always wanted to become (which seems like a lie to me since Aikawa can barely use magic).
And of course, we need to see Ai himself. Now that I think about it, Nikaido, Kasukabe, Risu and Dokuga are probably the closest people to him (each of his personalities), and they're probably going to be all gathered very soon (Nikaido and Kasukabe are already with him), which would lead to some awesome moments, I think >-<
SatieAug 17, 2014 1:23 PM
Aug 17, 2014 1:27 PM

Jul 2014
Satie said:
Yeah, thanks for the reminder, I had actually forgotten about it. But even this doesn't really explain how he came back (he simply regrew his body from the head ? It seems quite weird, he could have done it before considering how long it's been laying around...) nor where (last time I remember the location of the head, it was it En's mansion, on Nikaido's bedside table). Perhaps is it a trap ?

Hm, the way I remember it, Nikaido waved it off, by blaming it on the department store's powers. But she has been transformed already, and demons do not dwell on things. As for where the head had been before, I don't recall it as well.

Satie said:
It seems impossible to me, but I hope I am wrong, or that perhaps she will make one or two additional volumes so the ending is not rushed.

That would be good. There're too many loose ends to tie everything in a dozen of chapters.
I've just remembered that there was also a rogue demon, who told Nikaido to find the kitchen knife... We still do not know anything about him, and he seemed interesting.
It was said somewhere, that when Q Hayashida asked for the additional 20th volume, the directors were happy to agree, so there is hope.

Satie said:
Well, Aikawa is my favourite character, so I really hope for him to stay. We know he's got Kaiman's memories, so his feelings towards Nikaido are pretty much the same. On her side, given her reactions when they previously met, it seems she still consider him as the Kaiman she knew (she kept calling him like this, which upset him a little :)) So I don't really think they have to bond more now, it can be done after the battle, since they really need to talk to each other either way.

Oh, I've forgotten that he has acess to Kaiman's memory now. Then it's ok.

Satie said:
There's also this panel where Ai looks at Aikawa through a door/mirror and says he's the magic user he has always wanted to become (which seems like a lie to me since Aikawa can barely use magic).

Yes, that was pretty strange, I agree. I thought that Aikawa was the first magic user personality he developped, the Kai being the second and more sucessful. But now that I think about it, he was with the cross-eyes kids since they met too... Maybe Aikawa really was the person he would like to be, while his quest for power created Kai. I guess, we know too little about the way Ai/Kai/Aikawa lived.
I've seen at one of the forums an interesting theory, that Kai's personality degraded with time. He, probably, was kinder to his subordinated before, that's why they're so attached to him, but then the black slime ate him from inside.

Satie said:
And of course, we need to see Ai himself. Now that I think about it, Nikaido, Kasukabe, Risu and Dokuga are probably the closest people to him (each of his personalities), and they're probably going to be all gathered very soon (Nikaido and Kasukabe are already with him), which would lead to some awesome moments, I think >-<

Such a reunion would be a neat way to connect all of his lives and storylines.
deadoptimistAug 17, 2014 1:32 PM
Aug 21, 2014 5:26 PM

Apr 2009
Satie said:

deadoptimist said:
I've just remembered that there was also a rogue demon, who told Nikaido to find the kitchen knife... We still do not know anything about him, and he seemed interesting.

I'm pretty sure the rogue demon who told Nikaido about the knife is also the same person who brought Kaiman's original head from the jar back to life. Why? Because I'm pretty sure that rogue demon is actually time travelling devil Nikaido from the future where things went so wrong that certain adjustments had to be made through time manipulations. You can go back to chapter 118 and have a good look at the devil, its face looks just like Nikaido's mask, also it wields a familiar box on its shoulder. Chapter 117 also features a mysterious devil with a box hiding from Nikaido right before Kaiman appears.
Aug 23, 2014 10:10 AM

Jun 2010
Klimat said:
I'm pretty sure that rogue demon is actually time travelling devil Nikaido from the future where things went so wrong that certain adjustments had to be made through time manipulations. You can go back to chapter 118 and have a good look at the devil, its face looks just like Nikaido's mask, also it wields a familiar box on its shoulder. Chapter 117 also features a mysterious devil with a box hiding from Nikaido right before Kaiman appears.

Wow, that's a great idea, I didn't actually think about the possibility that Nikaido could become a 'complete' devil. You're certainly right about this. However, I always thought that the person who stole Kaiman's head was Risu, even though there's no proof. But perhaps Nikaido sent him back in the past to steal it...
Oct 31, 2014 10:51 PM

Nov 2012
EN IS BACK!

Glad I finally caught up with the manga,but sucks it probably won't be updated for months to come :(
Nov 1, 2014 1:16 AM

May 2013
Damn, Ens so badass.

Also I dislike the new personality of nikaido.
Nov 10, 2018 9:37 AM

Oct 2014
Finally En is back! I've been waiting for this long time.
Nov 20, 2018 8:15 AM

Jun 2009
Fuck yeah, En-san is finally back. I really missed him which made me realize that he is probably my favourite character of this manga. Let's hope Shin will be alright, too.

Seems like Dokuga's memories have partly returned?
Nov 25, 2018 1:52 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
LOL, no one stays dead in this manga! En is back and mushrooms will be galore now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 30, 2019 1:31 AM

May 2016
After all that trouble, the two of them were dragged into yet another pickle by Hole's minions. I guess that the tubes transferred what seemed to be the lake's sludge. If you get pumped with that, there's no wonder why you'd go crazy.

I didn't expect Ai to be one of Kai's tube puppets at all.

Sep 28, 2023 11:08 AM

Aug 2022
It's good to see En after such a long time.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dorohedoro Chapter 60 Discussion

Pirating_Ninja - Apr 30, 2013

12 by Romeo »»
Apr 22, 3:28 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Chapter 59 Discussion

7 by Romeo »»
Apr 22, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Chapter 55 Discussion

Pirating_Ninja - Apr 29, 2013

9 by Romeo »»
Apr 22, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Chapter 20 Discussion

Pirating_Ninja - Apr 28, 2013

7 by Romeo »»
Apr 14, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Chapter 75 Discussion

10 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 8, 7:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.