Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 8, 2014 12:11 AM

Sep 2013
I thought five was a boy. Lol she didnt changed her hairstyle.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 8, 2014 12:12 AM

Feb 2012
Forgot to mention this before, but considering that all the numbers came from the same institution, there are some important differences between them.

9 and 12 have "abnormal" qualities but seem to be relatively sane (12 shows his wild side once in a while), whereas 5 is much more unhinged. Whereas 9 and 12 covers their bases and sticks to a plan (no deaths, deactivate bombs if plans don't proceed as planned), 5 either takes more a risk, or just doesn't care about collateral damage as long as she gets what she wants. These differences are important considering that she was the one out of the 3 that didn't get away. What happened between the time of the attempted escape and the present? Or I guess a better question would be, what did 9 and 12 acquire in that time frame that 5 never got that lead to such differences in personality?

So some questions that I would like to see answered eventually:
- What is 5's relation to 9 and 12? Her feelings towards them?
- We have a vague idea of what 9 and 12's goals are, but what of 5?
- Why is shibasaki so attached to this case? Is it the thrill of solving the riddles? the thrill of exposing government conspiracies? Or is it a sense of mutual understanding between Shibasaki and sphinx? It's been said many times: Sphinx wants to play, you play with friends, and shibasaki is more than willing.
idontwannapostAug 8, 2014 12:19 AM
Aug 8, 2014 12:19 AM

Aug 2012
I have a feeling Lisa is a number. Just throwing that out there. They seem to be building her to be a klutz with everything but she might be godly in doing one thing.

-Not social
-Parent Over protective
-bad at cooking

Perhaps as one stated before she's the daughter of the detective. The mother might know shes a ticking time bomb which causes her to be overprotective. Maybe shes bad at cooking because of the training she experienced. I'm just saying that the character Lisa seems to be getting hints that she's useful. She might even be the bomb to save nine and twelve.

Overall, I like the character development which helps you get attached to them. Also the Five looks pretty insane. The design for her couldn't have really been more fitting.
Aug 8, 2014 12:45 AM

Aug 2013
And in comes the Caucasians.

It was a good thing that blond man in black had a proper English/Australian accent.
Aug 8, 2014 12:59 AM

Aug 2013
ow what great episode, exciting from beginning to end, this anime is always surprising me, the goal of the protagonists is not hurt people but cause the terror, seems they want someone to discover the connection between the terrorist attacks, but now there was a new rival
I think Lisa will have a key role in plot helping them later on, but I'm really looking forward to the next episode, this anime is already among the best of the season ..
Aug 8, 2014 1:18 AM
Aug 2013
Am I the only one who paid too much attention to the scene when the students from the class were looking to the new Sphinx video? Weren't they Nine and Twelve's classmates?
Aug 8, 2014 1:21 AM

Aug 2008
pakoko said:
A lot of things confirmed in this episode:
1. Nine and Twelve are not trying to hurt anyone with their terrorist attacks.
2. Nine and Twelve are trying to get Shibasaki's attention to make the connection to the Rising Peace Academy, a nonprofit organization that supposedly have become a clusterfuck of corruption.
3. Shibasaki made this connection and starts to gather evidence about the police once more, even if it means risking his career.
4. Nine, Twelve, and Five seem to have the equal intelligence and same set of hacking skills. When Twelve mentions "Eating was just another task," I thought to myself that these three were "trained" everyday to become something like the FBI. We're still not sure to what end these kids were chosen for such entrainment.
5. Lisa is cute when she's not gloomy.

Overall another amazing episode. Five seems like the "complete product" of what she was trained for, while Nine and Twelve escaped before they could become "complete." Five gives off the feeling of a hunter, which goes with this episode's title of "hide and seek." It seems Nine has a traumatic experience with Five.

Nice insights there.

Yeah, she does give the feeling if being superior to Nine, hacking-wise at least.

So, if they're not truly trying to kill people, why still Plutonium for? To scare these politicians? Weird.
Aug 8, 2014 1:22 AM
Jun 2014
I feel that this is the point of the anime where it can either continue to develop and be awesome, or it could become melodramatic. Lisa's purpose is quite clear, but I'm hoping they have her influencing the plot soon rather than showing more shenanigans. Five's inclusion was a nice twist, but they'll need a good explanation why she became a government worker instead of rebelling like Nine and Twelve.

Also I really expected a trap. I thought the twist would be that Five told the police to wait in the train to catch Nine/Twelve and that we'd be expecting Twelve to be the one caught the whole episode until Nine does that run to try save the train and it turns out that Nine gets caught. I guess this way it let's the cat and mouse chase go on longer.

Can't believe we're already halfway through.
Aug 8, 2014 3:06 AM
Apr 2014
DitzyDaffy said:
I loved this moment:

Yes I loved this moment, too and I really started to laugh there :D And it is so obvious that Lisa is meant :D twelve told nine befor this that he liked Lisas food because it was not like in the institution they were :D anyone thinking like me? woaaah will Lisa be able to make bombs???

Twelve and Lisa belong together :D
Aug 8, 2014 3:10 AM

Aug 2008
It's weird how much modern technology and social networks are in this anime lol.

Youtube, Twitter, iPhones, and probably others I missed.
Aug 8, 2014 3:10 AM
Apr 2014
Phoenix1220 said:
Well 9 just survived an explosion that should have killed him. They even said it was enough to blow up an entire train car and he was like right next to it. A new enemy has entered the struggle and it looks like she's on par with 9 and 12 for intelligence and scheming.

I think perhaps five have manipulated also the bomb so that nine should survive??? I mean she must be able of it if one sees what she can do. Anybody supporting my thought? I just do not think they would let survive them unrealistically. The next episode will tell for sure.
Aug 8, 2014 3:34 AM

Jun 2014
I was in "WTF Mode" when I heard fluent english instead of Japanese engrish in this episode
*Facepalm*
Aug 8, 2014 3:35 AM

Jul 2012
Rail Wars should take notes. This is how you write a train anime ;)
Aug 8, 2014 4:01 AM
Apr 2014
Yushwa said:
I have a feeling Lisa is a number. Just throwing that out there. They seem to be building her to be a klutz with everything but she might be godly in doing one thing.

-Not social
-Parent Over protective
-bad at cooking

Perhaps as one stated before she's the daughter of the detective. The mother might know shes a ticking time bomb which causes her to be overprotective. Maybe shes bad at cooking because of the training she experienced. I'm just saying that the character Lisa seems to be getting hints that she's useful. She might even be the bomb to save nine and twelve.

Overall, I like the character development which helps you get attached to them. Also the Five looks pretty insane. The design for her couldn't have really been more fitting.

Wow very interesting theory!!!
Aug 8, 2014 5:45 AM

Jan 2011
The atmosphere alone makes this an 8 for me, hopefully it'll be a 9 by the end.
Aug 8, 2014 5:48 AM

Feb 2008
The duo (or trio) encountered a rather troublesome opponent indeed.
Aug 8, 2014 5:52 AM

Nov 2012
That was a brilliant episode!
Seeing Nine appear cornered by some 'unknown' source really made it more interesting to watch. And to think that we were starting to think that no one can beat Nine and his hacking intelligence... think again gee! Im excited for more Five and Nine clashes xD Its like watching Detective conan and Kaito Kid.

Lisa will eventually get there. For now she may 'appear' useless but im sure she will surprise the viewers somehow.
Aug 8, 2014 6:03 AM

Jul 2013
Yushwa said:

Good point. Some people thought Shibazaki's archive partner (was his name Mukasa or something?) was useless but he's pretty clever.

We've got 6 more episodes for Lisa to develop. She'll have her time to shine (and then everyone will complain about that.)
Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun
And baby when it's love if it's not rough it's not fun
- Poker Face (Lady Gaga)
Aug 8, 2014 6:05 AM

Mar 2010
Not as good as the forth one, but still a great development for this series. Still no real clue about their past tho.
Aug 8, 2014 6:06 AM

Jun 2012
It was awesome seeing Nine spring to action when needed!
Shoot first, think never.
Aug 8, 2014 6:15 AM
Jun 2013
They worry too much about the character of Lisa xDDD

I think it is there to create an emotional bond with Twelve. His character does not bother me, it makes me sad.

I hope another motorcycle ride ^_^
Aug 8, 2014 7:11 AM

Nov 2013
Samauri55ZeRo said:
jimjameswhatever said:
The fact that people are still a bit clueless as to why Lisa is a character in the show leaves me a bit surpr...yeah, not really surprised at all :P

lol let them go further into their misunderstanding....Everyone thinks they know whats going on but non of us really do. The last episode is going to rock a few people me thinks.

You didn't even rebut my earlier comments yet somehow are claiming superiority over people in this thread 'just because'. People like you are the cancer of episode discussions alongside rampant fanboys who believe their precious series are immune to criticism.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 8, 2014 7:16 AM

Jun 2014
Apparently 'character development' these days means suddenly changing into a badass after having been a complete waste of space for half the season.
Aug 8, 2014 7:56 AM

Apr 2014
Chabe said:
Apparently 'character development' these days means suddenly changing into a badass after having been a complete waste of space for half the season.

Aug 8, 2014 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode! I am surprised that Nine and Twelve didn't realize it was a trap. I guess it's because they never expected Five to be there. She managed to lure them to disarm it themselves at the risk of other lives. I guess she knows their intentions to not merely hurt others, but communicate a point across to the organization they're targeting, so that's why she left it untouched on the train.
Aug 8, 2014 8:17 AM

Oct 2010
I wonder if Five actually started the fire at the institution instead of being a victim there. They have special abilities after all. Maybe Nine is begging her to stop in his dream instead of him trying to save her. Also, when she made her appearance in this episode, he and Twelve knew that she didn't die there, which is interesting. Just a thought.
Aug 8, 2014 8:19 AM

Jan 2010
A sensational episode!

I never imagined that terrorists would get his ass in hand, as they were now. A twist that will make everything more exciting, after all, now starts Manichaeism. Who really is the villain? Shibazaki, with his sense of justice will side this corrupt government? A distorted dogma and that reminds me Psycho-Pass. Looking forward to the outcome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Aug 8, 2014 9:12 AM

May 2013
Nine has a rival now. Five seems to be an old 'buddy' of them. This is the first time they had difficulties in the bombing part. I wonder what'll happen next. I'm sure Five is glad to see Nine and Twelve again.

Awesome episode.
Aug 8, 2014 9:15 AM
Oct 2012
This character development strongly resembles Stein;s Gate. Lisa's useless now, that much is for certain but there is six episodes to change that perception. Then again, people hate her to the point no one's going to care like Luclare has stated,

KanjiKano said:
Chabe said:

Yep, thank you Kano, hit the nail on the dot, I quit that series, nothing special.
Aug 8, 2014 9:22 AM

Feb 2012
Vexper said:
Samauri55ZeRo said:

lol let them go further into their misunderstanding....Everyone thinks they know whats going on but non of us really do. The last episode is going to rock a few people me thinks.

You didn't even rebut my earlier comments yet somehow are claiming superiority over people in this thread 'just because'. People like you are the cancer of episode discussions alongside rampant fanboys who believe their precious series are immune to criticism.

jimjameswhatever said:
BRK25 said:
Everyone hating on Lisa. Jesus.

I'm waiting till she becomes useful and part of the plot like In stein;s Gate with Mayuri. If something on that level of impact happens, I'm going to laugh my damn ass off on everyone claiming she was shit or useless.

The funny thing is, it's not rocket science as to why Lisa is in the show. People are just apparently too dumb to realize that just because a character doesn't directly/overtly contribute to the plot, it does not mean they are useless.

Lisa wants to destroy "the world" but she actually means "her world," one in which she has nobody. She's noticeably happier in this episode because she has people to talk to and interact with. I'm pretty sure deep down 9 and 12 feel the same way (despite 9's cold demeanor towards her). I said it before and I'll state it again: Lisa will be the key to the central characters' realizing what causes their isolation.

Lisa provides normal human interaction for 9 and 12. That cooking scene may look like your standard slice-of-life scene from another show, but like 12 said, there's value in bad cooking. It's something they never experienced before. She's played no role in advancing the plot, sure, but useless? Please...
Aug 8, 2014 9:42 AM

Feb 2014
This is an excellent show, if the standard continues and this is heading where I think it is we are in for a real treat
Aug 8, 2014 9:44 AM

Jun 2014
KanjiKano said:
Chabe said:

Part of the reason why I dropped it. No show is worth over 4 eps of whiney wimpy MC.
Aug 8, 2014 10:18 AM

Jul 2013
Fantastic stuff. Each episode gets my heart racing. Can't wait to see what happens next. And for those complaining about Lisa...well, I'm thinking she's going to be a Wild Card. There are bigger things in store here.
"straight cash, homie."
Aug 8, 2014 10:49 AM

Jul 2013
KanjiKano said:
Chabe said:

He's right, you know. (Kano is.)
Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun
And baby when it's love if it's not rough it's not fun
- Poker Face (Lady Gaga)
Aug 8, 2014 10:57 AM

May 2014
We seem to be getting some answers, or on the road to answers at least. Like Nine and Twelve don't intend mass murder, Five is official, and the Rising Peace Academy seems interesting.

I REMEMBER TOUCH. PICTURES CAME WITH TOUCH. A PAINTER IN MY MIND.
Aug 8, 2014 11:22 AM
Oct 2012
luciare said:
KanjiKano said:

He's right, you know. (Kano is.)

A shame too, everyone else in that show shows promise, the main character is such a pansy, damn. This isn't even timidness, if not for a masculine name, considered him a girl,
Aug 8, 2014 12:51 PM

Sep 2008
Sigh, why couldn't they leave past in the past, have them duke it out with that smart police officer? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Sorry, I was just hoping it would be a game of cat and mouse between them and that police guy, whatever his name. It sort of reminded me of Death note.
Now it reminds me of death note even more, except it reminds me of 2nd part of death note and that crappy guy called N (was that his initial?).

The police officer was smart, he was fast to act and it was interesting seeing them compete. Adding another super-ultra-cool-know-it-all just ruins it for me.
However, it seems it's only me. Oh well...
Aug 8, 2014 1:14 PM

Jun 2014
nina4life said:
Sigh, why couldn't they leave past in the past, have them duke it out with that smart police officer? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Sorry, I was just hoping it would be a game of cat and mouse between them and that police guy, whatever his name. It sort of reminded me of Death note.
Now it reminds me of death note even more, except it reminds me of 2nd part of death note and that crappy guy called N (was that his initial?).

The police officer was smart, he was fast to act and it was interesting seeing them compete. Adding another super-ultra-cool-know-it-all just ruins it for me.

It's not only you. I agree and if there are two of us, well, there must be more!
Aug 8, 2014 1:24 PM

Jun 2014
That English. Damn.

So many twists in this episode, was not expecting that. It's good to know Sphinx isn't really out there to be murderers, it solidifies their purpose (whatever that is) even more which makes it great.

Five takes a while to paint her nails lol.

Can't wait for the next episode, I really want to know what happens next.
Aug 8, 2014 1:32 PM
Oct 2012
Chabe said:
nina4life said:

It's not only you. I agree and if there are two of us, well, there must be more!

The boys are leading Shibazaki to uncover the Rising Peace Academy, he's practically a second kira without realizing it and the way he was against orders and angered about the bombing shows he may go rogue if things don't change.

The real L is Five cause she single handedly duped Nine and Twelve in the quickest fashion and nearly killed everyone.

The officer is smart and only human but Five, nine and Twelve show traits of a super soldier and working at a high functioning level.
Aug 8, 2014 1:54 PM
May 2014
There I was thinknig this episode couldn't get any better...

How wrong was I?! Amazing, the art and aniamtions are flawless as usual but the plot has gotten even more interesting!

Can't wait for next week! ^_^
Aug 8, 2014 2:24 PM

Jun 2010
I was a bit disappointed that they don't wanna murder people but still a good episode.
Aug 8, 2014 2:43 PM

Feb 2012
BRK25 said:
Chabe said:

The boys are leading Shibazaki to uncover the Rising Peace Academy, he's practically a second kira without realizing it and the way he was against orders and angered about the bombing shows he may go rogue if things don't change.

The real L is Five cause she single handedly duped Nine and Twelve in the quickest fashion and nearly killed everyone.

The officer is smart and only human but Five, nine and Twelve show traits of a super soldier and working at a high functioning level.

You guys are ruining the show for yourselves by comparing it to a completely different show. I mean, it's your loss, but really, you're looking for connections where there are none.
Aug 8, 2014 2:58 PM

Jun 2014
jimjameswhatever said:
BRK25 said:

You guys are ruining the show for yourselves by comparing it to a completely different show. I mean, it's your loss, but really, you're looking for connections where there are none.

Oh shut up. No one is losing out on anything.
People don't go looking for these connections, humans naturally make them between similar things.
This show has a bunch of things to remind one of Death Note.
Aug 8, 2014 3:12 PM

Nov 2012
Did they hire a native English speaker for this episode?
I don't know if that English is on native level or above average japanese Engrish.
Aug 8, 2014 3:17 PM

Jun 2014
Villa-Lobos said:
Did they hire a native English speaker for this episode?
I don't know if that English is on native level or above average japanese Engrish.

Doesn't sound native to me.
Aug 8, 2014 3:23 PM

Jan 2014
^Lol wut ? It was perfect British, sir. I could never hear anyone non native speak like that.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Aug 8, 2014 3:29 PM

Nov 2012
Chabe said:
Sapewloth said:
^Lol wut ? It was perfect British, sir. I could never hear anyone non native speak like that.
Please, no sarcasm. I can't tell which of you is being sarcastic.
I can't tell if it is real English or Engrish because I never have any contact with spoken English since I only use it on the internet (read and write, no voice) and rarely watch movies nowadays. The English just felt better than general Engrish so I'm curious if they hired a native speaker, I wonder why don't they hire them more times, it shouldn't be so expensive.
Aug 8, 2014 3:33 PM
Aug 2013
Man just exactly is 9 & 12's goal with these series of bombings? I don't like five so far e.e
Aug 8, 2014 3:37 PM

Jun 2014
Villa-Lobos said:
Chabe said:
Sapewloth said:
Please, no sarcasm. I can't tell which of you is being sarcastic.
I can't tell if it is real English or Engrish because I never have any contact with spoken English since I only use it on the internet (read and write, no voice) and rarely watch movies nowadays. The English just felt better than general Engrish so I'm curious if they hired a native speaker, I wonder why don't they hire them more times, it shouldn't be so expensive.

They slur the words a bit and speak a too quickly with a non-native accent, it can't be a native speaker.
Probably just a Japanese guy who got good marks on his English exams.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

379 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2014

412 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

864 by sadsaggyballs »»
Mar 26, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Djidji - Jul 5, 2014

543 by storbonne »»
Mar 21, 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.