Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 7, 2014 1:56 AM

Apr 2009
It's interesting to see the princes who were only mentioned so far, though. It seems Mr. 7th Prince was the one who failed the assassin test in the Hunter Exam and I assume their personalities will soon be fleshed out more.
I bet on the baby, btw - The Nen beast feeds off life force and desires - little children usually have a lot of that.
TyrelAug 7, 2014 8:38 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 7, 2014 2:56 AM

Apr 2009
It all depends on how their Stands..er Nen Beasts work. I can see some natural socio- or psychopath gaining a Nen beast that is a lot more dangerous than some others. Same for the kids, because let's face it: Kids are very desire driven and the rather pure and rough nature of their desires and wishes can translate into a powerful force with the rules Togashi placed on the beasts.
Aug 7, 2014 5:14 AM

Sep 2013
SuperRed said:
I hope the baby and the younger princes doesn't die just prove that the Dark Continent is a scary place, that would be stupid shock value that I would expect from the author of Akame ga Kill and not Togashi.

But the rules of their survival game clearly states that only one who make it back can become king. i don't see the baby dying anytime soon doubt that the others see him as a true threat since he's you know... he's a toddler.

To be honest i want them to focus on surviving before it turns into a battle royal since its the "dark continent" and there is a big chance that no one is coming back. Personally i'm rooting for the first prince. I hope Togaishi won't start by killing him first.

Nidhoeggr said:
It all depends on how their Stands..er Nen Beasts work. I can see some natural socio- or psychopath gaining a Nen beast that is a lot more dangerous than some others. Same for the kids, because let's face it: Kids are very desire driven and the rather pure and rough nature of their desires and wishes can translate into a powerful force with the rules Togashi placed on the beasts.

It also depends on the bodyguards they get, What i like about HxH is that the characters aren't dumb, They will try to to figure the nature of each other beast before trying anything. And no matter how powerful Nen beast some may get there bound to be a way to deal with it.
Aug 7, 2014 6:15 AM

Nov 2012
NenuserZodiac said:
My god these chapters are starting to get boring... just more boring talking, togashi art is also starting to get shitty again. Thinking of dropping the manga score to a 9....

The big 3, snk and hxh are all starting to get boring.... its just all talking....

read toriko then
Aug 7, 2014 6:48 AM

Jul 2013
NenuserZodiac said:
DrizzyXP said:

If I like OP or not is irrelevant. HxH 2011 was on my top 5 until a few days ago and I gave the manga an 8. Stop trolling please.

I don't believe you. Anyone that has one piece in their favorite list is not to be trusted.
What if they have both One Piece and Hunter x Hunter in their favorite list?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2014 7:15 AM

Jun 2009
Minagatachi said:

That's impossible and you know it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 7, 2014 7:30 AM

Jan 2013
Nobody is obliged to participe in this "contest" to become king.
It's asked if they accept all the rules and then they can have their beasts.

So, we don't even know if the babe will go to the journey. Or if he goes, maybe he doesn't turn to be a target
Aug 7, 2014 8:20 AM

Sep 2013
aboe said:
NenuserZodiac said:
My god these chapters are starting to get boring... just more boring talking, togashi art is also starting to get shitty again. Thinking of dropping the manga score to a 9....

The big 3, snk and hxh are all starting to get boring.... its just all talking....

read toriko then

I see what you did there XD

Aug 7, 2014 8:50 AM

Sep 2013
Forever_A said:

So, we don't even know if the babe will go to the journey. Or if he goes, maybe he doesn't turn to be a target

I think the mother forced her baby to join.
Aug 7, 2014 10:33 AM

Dec 2011
annie_leonheart said:
Forever_A said:

... No. What kind of mother... Of course, the wives of kings all want their children to succeed the throne... But at the risk of losing her (probably still suckling) baby?

I don't really expect any of the children to compete in this contest. (Princes 10-14 all look relatively young, peaceful, and harmless... But Togashi will probably make one of them fight anyway because he's a trolling bastard... I really don't expect 13 or 14 to participate though.)
Aug 7, 2014 11:12 AM

Jan 2012
I don't think the young ones will be apart of the throne race since that butler guy mentioned they had to be apart of some event to be in the race. But who knows, maybe their moms are cynical and deviant.
Aug 7, 2014 12:28 PM

Sep 2013
DalPuri said:
annie_leonheart said:

... No. What kind of mother... Of course, the wives of kings all want their children to succeed the throne... But at the risk of losing her (probably still suckling) baby?

I don't really expect any of the children to compete in this contest. (Princes 10-14 all look relatively young, peaceful, and harmless... But Togashi will probably make one of them fight anyway because he's a trolling bastard... I really don't expect 13 or 14 to participate though.)

Togashi is gonna go in hard, no lube, killing a kid and a baby :O
Some of them probably don't wanna fight but will be killed off anyway, hell maybe Kurapika will kill the baby :O
Aug 7, 2014 12:48 PM

Dec 2011
ichii_1 said:
DalPuri said:

Togashi is gonna go in hard, no lube, killing a kid and a baby :O
Some of them probably don't wanna fight but will be killed off anyway, hell maybe Kurapika will kill the baby :O

I can see Kurapika killing Tserriednich... but none of the younger princes.
Aug 7, 2014 2:46 PM

Jun 2014
^ The election arc, This chapter and the other chapter before has been boring.... I understand what is going on but I'm just not interested in politics. Same for attack on titan, no titans just politics and a lot of talking, I'm not interested in it it's boring.

Don't let me start back with one piece, mods have already warn me, so I'm not going to discuss about it. and I'm not going to drop any manga. I spend too much time reading them. Don't make sense.
*Checks SetsukoHara favorite list.* has one piece as favorite in manga section. Confirm op fanboy. Tries to change subject because I'm talking negative about his favorite series. One piece fanboy logic detected.
Aug 7, 2014 3:23 PM
Aug 2013
Don't really care about the princes except for the one who chocked out the lion and the body part collector. Most of these guys will probably die within the 1st few panels once they reach the DC just to hype it a bit.
Aug 7, 2014 9:44 PM

Oct 2008
NenuserZodiac said:
^ The election arc, This chapter and the other chapter before has been boring.... I understand what is going on but I'm just not interested in politics. Same for attack on titan, no titans just politics and a lot of talking, I'm not interested in it it's boring.

I love HxH precisely because of its heady, psychological nature. On top of myself enjoying this arc immensely, the political machinations and subterfuge between factions are necessary in shaping the crazy narrative landscape that this is going to turn into - I love, LOVE the fact that Togashi is avoiding the usual trappings of dumb battle-shonens by avoiding fodder combat-bloat and is putting the story and characters at the forefront - there's an actual narrative here that does a remarkably good job at avoiding the typical cookie-cutter ones that other peers in his genre adhere to so very often.
Aug 8, 2014 12:52 AM

Sep 2011
insan3Spectre said:
Minagatachi said:

What did you say ? xD

i clearly love hxh and OP both equally .
Aug 8, 2014 6:39 AM
Jun 2014
I wonder who the 6 applicants will be. Great story builder, this chapter.
Aug 9, 2014 4:52 AM
Aug 2014
Man this is going to be awsome,even tho i'm hating ging character,he is just to op,but my only real concern is a another hiatus!
Aug 9, 2014 3:38 PM

Jul 2013
lars911 said:
insan3Spectre said:

What did you say ? xD

i clearly love hxh and OP both equally .
No you don't. It is not possible to like both
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2014 4:21 PM

Jun 2009
Minagatachi said:
No you don't. It is not possible to like both

Indeed, I refuse to believe it is possible!
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 11, 2014 6:44 AM

Oct 2013
cow guy is a snitch
Aug 11, 2014 1:15 PM

Jun 2009
WK-Heisenberg said:
insan3Spectre said:

Indeed, I refuse to believe it is possible!

I feel sorry for you, but many think otherwise, so yes, it is possible, even if it is inconceivable for you. But maybe it's useless to tell you this, since you feel able to decide whether someone can or can not think in a way to you not congenial.

Okay, so....I'm genuinely confused. Are you playing around with my joke or....are you serious?

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 11, 2014 2:45 PM

Feb 2014
insan3Spectre said:
WK-Heisenberg said:

I feel sorry for you, but many think otherwise, so yes, it is possible, even if it is inconceivable for you. But maybe it's useless to tell you this, since you feel able to decide whether someone can or can not think in a way to you not congenial.

Okay, so....I'm genuinely confused. Are you playing around with my joke or....are you serious?

I already expecting it that something like this bound to happen. XD
Aug 12, 2014 5:24 AM

Nov 2012
too many ignorant people in this thread.
cannot like both OP and HXH, pffft
hxh is my all time favorite shonen, OP become worse after timeskip but i still like it.
conclusion, i like both
and hxh is not your generic shonen, i pity you if you cant stand heavy writing and drop this series.
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 12, 2014 12:49 PM

Mar 2014
This princes matter is becoming even more intricate, now even with spirit guardians; I wonder how many princes will be on the ship.

Since nen can influence other persons in terms of attack/targets, I don't see why it can't be transferred as well. And being unable to be controlled, it would still result inferior, in some ways, to a personal nen power, so I don't dislike that much this idea.

I liked Kurapika explanation about the emotions while revealing powers, watertight. Personally I would have chased down the Monkey already, but having empty hands and with Beyond more dangerous maybe it's better to wait wrong moves. With this, this matter will pause and might favour the princes arc instead.

The raising offers might involve Silva and Zeno, who always seek a good pay.
Aug 12, 2014 11:18 PM

Jul 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
too many ignorant people in this thread.
cannot like both OP and HXH, pffft
hxh is my all time favorite shonen, OP become worse after timeskip but i still like it.
conclusion, i like both
and hxh is not your generic shonen, i pity you if you cant stand heavy writing and drop this series.

It's a joke.
Aug 13, 2014 2:12 AM

Aug 2013
Good chapter,more build-up for DC. Let's see how it is developt
Aug 14, 2014 2:48 AM

Aug 2014
masochist-chan said:
cow guy is a snitch

I get that same vibe off him.

I'm not saying a word about 2011 because I can't talk to totally drone-like, brainwashed otaku about it. Keep on chugging along.
Aug 14, 2014 4:19 AM

Feb 2014
I don't care who the snitch is, people treat the snitch as some antagonist, they forget that netero was the D Bag of the last arc.
Aug 14, 2014 9:57 PM

Aug 2007
I haven't seen anyone else ask... where is chapter 350 this week? Is it on hiatus again or is SJ taking a break?
Aug 14, 2014 10:30 PM

Feb 2014
Fruitsbsk28 said:
I haven't seen anyone else ask... where is chapter 350 this week? Is it on hiatus again or is SJ taking a break?

It's all the same for all WJS. They are taking a break this week because of Japan's Oubon Festival.
Aug 15, 2014 2:27 PM

Jan 2013
Beyond and the mole aren't the bad guys. They have genuine interest in going to the DC to explore, more so than the zodiacs who are mostly following Netero's will and V5's order. It was half the reason Ging joined Beyond's team instead of staying with the HA.

I honestly don't care if Beyond is freed, I like his team.
Aug 15, 2014 3:37 PM

Dec 2011
MilieFiore said:
Beyond and the mole aren't the bad guys. They have genuine interest in going to the DC to explore, more so than the zodiacs who are mostly following Netero's will and V5's order. It was half the reason Ging joined Beyond's team instead of staying with the HA.

I honestly don't care if Beyond is freed, I like his team.

No one is a bad guy (yet) but I have to wonder whether their intentions really matter. In the end, Beyond is working for the Kakin king. The V5 may have ulterior motives, but so does Kakin... and right now looking at the King and the princes personalities, Kakin isn't looking very friendly.
Aug 20, 2014 1:13 AM

Apr 2009
At least the bad art this chapter got an explanation today, it seems Togashi has some bad back that is affecting his work.
Sep 6, 2014 4:37 AM

Jan 2013
That Mizai is suspicious a lot
Sep 18, 2014 7:58 PM

Apr 2013
This "princes war" looks promissing, but I miss Gon/Killua!
Sep 25, 2014 1:53 AM

Oct 2013
Finally caught up with this series. Thoughts so far, these chapters are all basically buildup chapters, a lot of dialogue, imo too much dialogue looking at all those txt was a real turn off, well it's needed since these are build up chapters.

Overall solid start, nothing exciting, but with these build up chapters I know shits will soon hit the fan, so whenever Togashi recovers from his back pain, I'll be back when that happens.

overall 3/5 for this chapter. Also why are some of the prince looks like females? Togashi really has a obsession with cross dressers. I'm still denying that Alluka is actually a boy.
keragammingSep 25, 2014 2:15 AM
Sep 25, 2014 3:51 AM

Jan 2013
keragamming said:
Also why are some of the prince looks like females? Togashi really has a obsession with cross dressers. I'm still denying that Alluka is actually a boy.

I think you don't paid enough attention. It's said that regardless of the gender, everyone is called "prince" because it doesn't make any difference.

So actually they're female, at least some of them.
Sep 25, 2014 2:30 PM

Oct 2013
Forever_A said:
keragamming said:
Also why are some of the prince looks like females? Togashi really has a obsession with cross dressers. I'm still denying that Alluka is actually a boy.

I think you don't paid enough attention. It's said that regardless of the gender, everyone is called "prince" because it doesn't make any difference.

So actually they're female, at least some of them.

Yea, you're right about that, thnx.
Sep 25, 2014 6:30 PM

Nov 2011
keragamming said:
I'm still denying that Alluka is actually a boy.

She's not. Killua even specifically calls her his sister. The other Zoldyk family members were just referring to her with genderless/masculine words, I guess because they consider Alluka to be more of a thing/monster than an actual human being/family member.
Sep 27, 2014 12:21 PM

Oct 2013
Fadeout4 said:
keragamming said:
I'm still denying that Alluka is actually a boy.

She's not. Killua even specifically calls her his sister. The other Zoldyk family members were just referring to her with genderless/masculine words, I guess because they consider Alluka to be more of a thing/monster than an actual human being/family member.

http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Alluka_Zoldyck

"Gender : Male"
Sep 27, 2014 7:47 PM

Jun 2009
HueBrDeus said:
Fadeout4 said:

Not arguing for either gender, but what does that prove? I'm willing to bet the people who put that info together are just as confused as the rest of us.

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 28, 2014 12:32 AM

Jul 2013
Was that Kurapika's childhood friend's head in the middle of the kurta clan eyes?

ooh buddy here we go
Sep 29, 2014 12:55 PM

Oct 2013
insan3priest said:
HueBrDeus said:

Not arguing for either gender, but what does that prove? I'm willing to bet the people who put that info together are just as confused as the rest of us.

I am the proof.
Oct 3, 2014 2:37 AM

Dec 2012
Boobmonster is giving me Duke Nukem Forever flashbacks, something I don't want to be reminded of *_^ . It seems like they can't do much about the princes recruiting whoever they want, but who knows.
Oct 30, 2014 11:58 AM

Dec 2013
@Wyzdm Holy shit, talk about planning... Togashi-Genius strikes again, mindblowing writting...
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 30, 2014 5:03 PM

Jan 2012
No I've caught up too

Jun 19, 2015 3:25 PM
Jul 2010
Great!
Jun 27, 2015 8:43 AM

Nov 2013
VongolaXEspada said:
Great!

test
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.