Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 5, 2014 10:36 PM

Dec 2013
Alright, first off, no major spoilers please, if any. I have read on some other threads about how Tears to Tiara the anime seems to be rushed in comparison to the game, but I did not want to dig deeper so I dont spoil anything. I expected it to be rushed since they adapted it from a RPG game, so I don't really mind if they left out some minor details.

Now, going back to the thread topic: Is the anime similar or different to the game?

Edit- After finishing the anime, I am actually very curious about the Tears to Tiara games, since they seem to offer a lot more than the anime. For those knowledgeable about the Tears to Tiara games, can anyone answer some of my questions?

1. I know this might sound dumb, but is the PC version of the first game the same as the Visual Novel version? I guess I might as well ask also whether the released versions of games = the visual novel for all series?

2. As for the Tears to Tiara remake on the PS3, is it the same as the PC/Visual novel version of the story? Aside from different gameplay I heard of, and the graphics I suppose, any other notable differences? I know it's on PS3, but I won't be able to get it since it was like 5 years ago.

3. Well, thoughts on getting Tears to Tiara II? I am still a bit iffy on the first version, but the II looks great with their characters, but... it seems like it doesn't really connect to the first game. If someone knows some background info II, I already assume that they are pretty different. Buying Tears to Tiara II seems to be buying just another RPG game.
kamisakaAug 9, 2014 1:53 AM
Sep 30, 2014 12:35 AM

Jan 2011
The original game is probably what most people mean as the VN since it has extensive cut scenes and is an eroge, that includes numerous (really numerous) h-scenes. It's a linear game but you have to win the numerous battles to progress. That's no great chore since you have plenty of grinding areas as options and you decide when to take the next step on the plot line. The PS3 removed the h-scenes and replaced them with Lidia (based on some discussion here, I've only played the pc game). There is an English translation available of the original PC game from the usual sources, and I'd recommend playing that. There is no option to avoid the h-scenes so if you're offended by them you're stuck with the PS3 version.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

japanme32 - Apr 13, 2009

81 by wildhood »»
Mar 2, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 25 Discussion

daniking79 - Sep 21, 2009

31 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 5 Discussion

MrTerrorist - May 3, 2009

41 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 11:06 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Evilincarnate - Sep 27, 2009

67 by Inexplicable »»
Sep 25, 2022 12:37 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - Jul 14, 2009

55 by Sugram22 »»
May 7, 2021 6:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.