Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 16, 2009 8:59 PM

Jul 2008
It was funny. Saten is awesome.
Oct 16, 2009 9:35 PM

Apr 2008
This was a enjoyable episode with the whole eyebrow thing. I'm pretty impress by Uiharu computer skills.
Oct 16, 2009 9:46 PM

Apr 2009
Seems like the setting up an actual story with the level 2 girl having powers above her station. I would just like to see more rampant destruction honestly.

PS: Haven't read the manga.
Oct 16, 2009 10:27 PM

Dec 2007
just watched episode 3 and OMG this episode was just pointless. i really did not enjoy it... if the rest of the anime will be filled with episodes like this i might even consider to drop this.

i rate the episode a 2/5, i really hope they will get the main story plot movie... if they even have one... :/
Oct 16, 2009 11:10 PM

Nov 2007
lol an episode with an emphasis on eyebrows xD lmao and hmm the database can be wrong eh =O
Oct 16, 2009 11:28 PM

Jun 2008
Yokurama said:
just watched episode 3 and OMG this episode was just pointless. i really did not enjoy it... if the rest of the anime will be filled with episodes like this i might even consider to drop this.

i rate the episode a 2/5, i really hope they will get the main story plot movie... if they even have one... :/

Don't worry, they're getting to it. Their little convo at the end of the episode is already hinting at what's coming later.
Oct 16, 2009 11:29 PM

Oct 2009
Crimsonwill said:
lol an episode with an emphasis on eyebrows xD lmao and hmm the database can be wrong eh =O

Isn't the database built on data from Tree Diagram... and wasn't Tree Diagram destroyed by a little accident involving our good friends Toma and Index? And without the level calculating super computer, people who improve their abilities won't go up in level? Or am I looking too far into this?
Oct 16, 2009 11:36 PM

Jun 2008
This was probably the worst of the 3 episodes. No funny moments like 2 and no cool action scenes since the criminal was nothing but a silly girl. Nothing interesting about catching her.
The only interesting thing was the hint that something is wrong with the computers and there data. I guess that is a hint of the plot that we are going to see in the future.
On one hand of course it might be good they didn't use Kuroko lesbian jokes since it won't be a good idea to over do it.

I hope something better is coming along. With some really good evil guys and not a silly girl with an eyebrow complex.
Oct 16, 2009 11:37 PM
Mar 2009
klange said:
Crimsonwill said:

Isn't the database built on data from Tree Diagram... and wasn't Tree Diagram destroyed by a little accident involving our good friends Toma and Index? And without the level calculating super computer, people who improve their abilities won't go up in level? Or am I looking too far into this?

That hasn't happened yet. Touma and Biribiri haven't been introduced to each other yet, nor has their first meeting on the bridge happened yet, so he hasn't even met Index yet.

I'm liking this series so far. Also, am I the only one who's noticed that in the opening credits for the show you see that thing that's inside Kazakiri Hyoka's head from Index?

Oct 16, 2009 11:53 PM

Oct 2009
chinlamp said:
That hasn't happened yet. Touma and Biribiri haven't been introduced to each other yet, nor has their first meeting on the bridge happened yet, so he hasn't even met Index yet.

That's what I was wondering, I haven't read the manga. Thanks for clearing that up.
klangeOct 16, 2009 11:56 PM
Oct 17, 2009 12:29 AM
Jun 2009
Let the arc begin ffs.
Oct 17, 2009 12:40 AM

Jul 2008
yeah that was stupid but still it was fun to watch. but now i really start to worry if they will continue like this with those 1 ep mini arcs.

Oct 17, 2009 1:11 AM

Apr 2008
rawrs ... i wan Touma to make an appearance x_x

Oct 17, 2009 1:15 AM

Aug 2008
Finally close to the right amount of action, powers, jokes and yuri. What Railgun should be imo.
Oct 17, 2009 2:12 AM

Jul 2008
and hmm the database can be wrong eh =O

The database is NEVER wrong. You will out later on why she was stronger then she should have been ;)

and wasn't Tree Diagram destroyed by a little accident involving our good friends Toma and Index

Touma has yet to meet Index yet alone accidentaly make her destroy the Tree Diagram so the Tree Diagram still exists.

Touma and Biribiri haven't been introduced to each other yet

They have, few months before. In ep2 you can even see that they know one another.
And just to repeat it: the scene at the bridge in first episode of Index was NOT their first meeting, neither in Railgun nor in Index (only in Index manga, but Index manga is not canon).

Judging by episode titles, it seems that he will get some more screentime in ep5.
Oct 17, 2009 2:58 AM

Sep 2009
Hmm...looks like they are slowly getting to some kind of main storyline. I look forward to more.
Oct 17, 2009 3:01 AM

Feb 2008
Not enough yuri.
Oct 17, 2009 3:15 AM

Jan 2009
The OP is still good : >
So... What happened to them? When will we know?x)

OH SHI-! They got huge eyebrows! That' actually pretty weird >.>
Alhough I understand why, since I suppose it's not that fun to have huge euebrows while being a girl
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 17, 2009 3:36 AM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:

I agree : ) Also, I give the first episode a 5/5 and these last two were funny but I personally would like to see more KABOOM and WTFPWNAGE like the first episode
Oct 17, 2009 4:27 AM

Jul 2008
They should go and follow the manga and not do these one episode arcs .___. But anyway, I enjoyed watching this one, it was pretty funny.
CherryHawk said:
Oosran said:

I agree : )

Yeah ! \o

Oct 17, 2009 5:13 AM

Oct 2009
Yeah it was good until the eye brow foolish thing. The music playing in the beginning with Kongou Mitsuko was something I did not hear since finishing Index. That was nice. Since I am French, I love the reference of "Amour De Pierre/ Bijoux Mineraus" (means Love of Rocks/Jewelry Minerals) and "Les Anges"(means The Angels). Garden of Education looks like Old Europe. I was a little scared off to Komari warning that the pic are not pretty but guess not after I know what happened to Saten. "Dummy check" power is nice. I do find Juufuku Miho's story sad. If that guy did not reject her she would not do this stuff. It was funny that Miho tried to shock Misaka and did not work. Great Italian reference to treats. So now Miho is in love with Saten? O_o more girl love? The best was this:
best because I learned from it a lot. Will put it as reference in my profile to possible abilities of this serie. BTW Anyone know how to make the pics bigger so text is clear? I was able to see on player better than this.

Oosran said:
So... What happened to them? When will we know?x)

OH SHI-! They got huge eyebrows! That' actually pretty weird >.>
Alhough I understand why, since I suppose it's not that fun to have huge euebrows while being a girl

It was weird yeah but also reminded me of Charlie Chaplin nad Hitler. Hhaha!

Nayrael said:
and hmm the database can be wrong eh =O

Nayrael said:
The database is NEVER wrong. You will out later on why she was stronger then she should have been ;)

Maybe they forgot to update or someone was making her stronger.
and wasn't Tree Diagram destroyed by a little accident involving our good friends Toma and Index

Nayrael said:
Touma has yet to meet Index yet alone accidentaly make her destroy the Tree Diagram so the Tree Diagram still exists.

Yeah that is true since all this happens before Index.
Touma and Biribiri haven't been introduced to each other yet

Nayrael said:
They have, few months before. In ep2 you can even see that they know one another.
And just to repeat it: the scene at the bridge in first episode of Index was NOT their first meeting, neither in Railgun nor in Index (only in Index manga, but Index manga is not canon).

Yeah I know that but when was it officially the first meeting? When Touma got into the city?

Nayrael said:
Judging by episode titles, it seems that he will get some more screentime in ep5.

It is good to hear. Like Touma since finished Index.
francismeunierOct 17, 2009 5:29 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 17, 2009 5:41 AM

Nov 2008
Good that this episode didn't have too much fan service, but eyebrows? xD
Tosi ystävyys ei jäädy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Oct 17, 2009 5:45 AM
Jul 2018
Monad said:
This was probably the worst of the 3 episodes.

I think the exact opposite. This was the first one that entertained me. Was about to drop it after this ep, but this was some little entertaining action. Definitely the first episode worth watching.
Oct 17, 2009 5:50 AM

Oct 2009
HoaRy said:
Monad said:
This was probably the worst of the 3 episodes.

I think the exact opposite. This was the first one that entertained me. Was about to drop it after this ep, but this was some little entertaining action. Definitely the first episode worth watching.

The only thing I don't get is the point of the eyebrows. Could there not be something else?

Oct 17, 2009 6:07 AM

Jul 2009
It's not the database is wrong, just like the older post said, this episode is just an introduction to the plot, see the flag right?, probably 2-3 episode until the real plot kicks in, more probably if we count the fillers.

I had enough Yuri..Kampfer and Railgun already gave me too much

Uiharu is much much more useful than Saten, probably she will catch up later

There is no one evil in this series, they just lost
Oct 17, 2009 6:18 AM
Dec 2007
Quite nice but brainless episode. I hope the scenario won't be as silly as Index's one when it takes off in some episodes. Animation and art are still great though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 17, 2009 7:01 AM

Mar 2009
what a pointless episode.

Why are there only girls in this show? ( except touma)
Oct 17, 2009 7:52 AM

Aug 2009
Fantastic show.
Oct 17, 2009 8:06 AM

Feb 2009
If there's trying to tease me with the 23-minutes of nonsense and then the 2-minutes of actually hinting at a plot, I want some goddamn yuri for all my troubles. >:o

But besides my issues, it was pretty good, and I'll definitely be waiting for the next episode.

Oct 17, 2009 8:56 AM

May 2008
HER EYEBROW PFFT EYE... PFFT eye... PFFT eye... AHAHAHAHAHHA

Why dont she just cut some off

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 17, 2009 9:10 AM
Dec 2008
greenmush said:

Even if she did cut some off, it will still be visible because she used INK (it'll reach the skin man)

don't worry guys we're slowly moving to the main plot, slowly but surely...
Oct 17, 2009 9:17 AM

Nov 2007
erm, is this a mugi-based episode? lol.

Oct 17, 2009 10:39 AM

Jan 2008
OftheFlesh said:
greenmush said:

Even if she did cut some off, it will still be visible because she used INK (it'll reach the skin man)

don't worry guys we're slowly moving to the main plot, slowly but surely...

You're talking about Saten right? But why don't the eye-brow girl just cut some of hers off?
SecuredOct 17, 2009 10:42 AM
Oct 17, 2009 10:51 AM

Sep 2008
Ryuukishi said:

You have to decide which is worse.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2009 11:29 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Nice episode. This is a good action-fantasy slice-of-life series. So even when we get to the plot, don't expect it to be extremely serious.

The database is never wrong indeed. They clearly got an ability boost from something which will turn out to be a main plot.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 17, 2009 11:34 AM

Sep 2008
decent ep!

this ep is in reality 4/5 but I gave it 5/5 (will in comparison with the previous ep, this ep completely rocked!)

I should say again welcome back my beloved BiriBiri <3<3!!

n how naive of the eyebrow-girl .. no would be able to use a stun-gun against my BiriBiri ^.^

n just like what Uiharu said, for the next ep: "Kimochi waroi!" xD

hope it's gonna be fairly fine ...

looking forward 2 returning on the right track with the manga!

n can't wait 2 c more of my BiriBiri <3!

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Oct 17, 2009 11:39 AM

Jan 2008
Boring episode IMO. Not much enjoyment in this episode. Yuri action was pretty low too. Didn't like this episode. Needs more BiriBiri and Touma
Oct 17, 2009 11:41 AM
Jan 2009
I haven't read the manga, but I'm not disappointed with this episodic progression either. It still manages to keep things interesting while foreshadowing whats to come...
Oct 17, 2009 11:58 AM

Jul 2008
This was a hilarious episode. I love the way the taser was completely ineffective! can't wait for the naked granny on a saddle next week.
Oct 17, 2009 12:39 PM

Feb 2009
I like the episode it was funny :3
I want to watch more
Oct 17, 2009 12:53 PM

Jul 2008
so her skills weren't level 2... i wonder if someone has been messing with that computer mainframe?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 17, 2009 1:02 PM

Jun 2007
Dull episode.

Wishing the plot would kick in already.
Oct 17, 2009 1:14 PM

Jul 2009
think I almost fell asleep again: dropped~
Oct 17, 2009 2:31 PM
Oct 2007
Watching the episode again, Uihara is like the cutest thing. And totally irrelevant but here's to hoping she gets into Top 10 in Saimoe 2010. =3
Oct 17, 2009 2:32 PM

Aug 2009
vinesage said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
people don't do that..
Oct 17, 2009 3:11 PM

Oct 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
Ryuukishi said:

You have to decide which is worse.

Nice pic but I still prefer Saten.
Morkand-san said:
vinesage said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
people don't do that..

I won't.

Oct 17, 2009 3:52 PM

Jun 2009
Should I feel bad about watching this when I have no exposure to Index or the manga whatsoever? I can't stop! I'm too fascinated with this high-tech town, its inhabitants, and the craziness they get up to.

"Those eyebrows."
Oct 17, 2009 3:58 PM

Aug 2008
chinlamp said:

I'm liking this series so far. Also, am I the only one who's noticed that in the opening credits for the show you see that thing that's inside Kazakiri Hyoka's head from Index?

It's more like they have met before, just that the main series showed them meeting after a month of fights with each other.
ckamOct 17, 2009 4:23 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2009 4:59 PM

Sep 2008
haha revange on all the womans of a school just because she was dumped cause of her eyebrows....but somehow that was good for an episode...
i cant wait for touma to enter the story, at least i would like to
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 17, 2009 5:00 PM

Jul 2008
May be manga spoiler:
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

UnknownFact - Jan 2, 2010

169 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 23, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

throwaway513846 - Dec 25, 2009

224 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 23, 10:13 PM

» Do you like Kuroko’s horniness, or do you think it’s annoying?

SwagsOnB - Oct 2, 2023

31 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Do you like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun?

SpinStudios - Oct 25, 2021

18 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

164 by TheAncientOne »»
Feb 25, 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.