Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2009 9:45 AM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, this is getting good I guess.
Cause after first two episodes I was yawning hard.
Looking forward to that fight.
Oct 16, 2009 10:08 AM
Oct 2008
I dislike the first episodes, thought the second one was an improvements but still just okay, but episode 3's finally gotten me hooked. I think I'm in this one for the long haul now. Bring on more Bantorra, says I!
Oct 16, 2009 10:10 AM
Dec 2007
Great episode with a lot of good developments, nice animation and direction, and an ever growing darker atmosphere. Tatakau Shisho may be the huge surprise of this season, it's the show that impressed me the most comparatively to my initial expectations. Coherent, well-made and solid, I like it.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 16, 2009 10:23 AM

Jul 2009
C'mon girl, don't open da windows w/o your clothes on!!! Put on some string at the very least!!! Seriously, what's up with girls these days being so shameless? Walking in the nude and stuffs?

And WTF is this? Is it me or the dumb clown is dumb? I was expecting him to be wise enough to prepare some back-up in case nude gal rebels with her German-name-sword, but guess I was wrong....

Well, I still need to know WTF is up with the rip-off-Gintama dude and enjoy gawking Hamyuts while she lasts ( Yeah, she's just that awesome and no, it's not because of her boobs. I will still watch her even if she's flat ;) Just have a weak spot for gals with some humor compared to the dumb bitches featured as the female leads these days.) before dropping this show....

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 16, 2009 11:44 AM

Apr 2009
that calico cat probably has something to do with that girl from the past.
Oct 16, 2009 11:55 AM

Oct 2008
That was... thrilling. For the first time I felt that the ep was too short. As expected, this anime grows better and better.
I wonder what they will do with this horrible disease...
Oct 16, 2009 11:58 AM

Nov 2007
Colio finally got caught by Hamutz?

That looks hurts... taking bomb out of Colio is...

Will he be able to get love since he's not bomb guy anymore?
tsubasaloverOct 16, 2009 12:07 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 16, 2009 3:32 PM

Sep 2009
orangerevenge said:
that calico cat probably has something to do with that girl from the past.

maybe the cats owner is the girl from the past..they sort of look similar...
Oct 16, 2009 3:41 PM

Sep 2009
this episode turned out to be amazing to my surprise because the 1st episode represented the zenith of ugliness...started to get a liking fr the opening though bitched abt it in the 1st ep...
so hamyutsu meseta took out the bomb thing from colio that makes him human agn...then why did she kill the others and not him??...maybe she has a crush on him...he he..voken is like a kid who just entered pubery...extreme rage, saying no to everything, arguing all the time...hes seriously irritating...hes just a pretty little thing in the corner..thats all...hes saved by it..anyways..that whole zombie thing was creepy...
maybe the girl in the past saw colio in the future and she tries to say somthing to him which will save the humanty from the dragon pnemonia crisis.
cant belive this series is developing in a good way...not hesitating to say cant wait for the next ep....hope it doesnt dissapoint...
ValentilnOct 17, 2009 3:18 AM
Oct 16, 2009 5:59 PM

Jan 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
so hamyutsu meseta took out the bomb thing from colio that makes him human again...then why did she kill the others and not him??

She didn't kill him at first because she wanted the book and he was "reading" the piece he just found. Then, she took the piece from him, felt bad for me, and ripped the bomb out of his chest (ouch)

Anyway, i agree with what a lot of people are saying here, the first two episodes were , meh, and this was awesome. Hopefully they can keep up the good story with all the darkness in it. This might become my favorite anime of the season if it continues like this episode.
Oct 16, 2009 6:50 PM

Dec 2007
watched episode 3 and it was another average episode, nothing special or too much interesting happened in the episode.
episode 2 was much more interesting then this episode.
i hope the more episodes like episode 2 will be coming and not episodes like this one.

i rate this episode 3/5, just and average episode :/
Oct 16, 2009 6:59 PM

Dec 2007
Morkand-san said:
Well, this is getting good

Oh yeah
Oct 16, 2009 9:22 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, I was totally confused at the start of this episode since it didn't address the cliffhanger we were left at last ep. But I guess Hamutz decided not to kill Colio right away because she'd worked out he had a connection to that book.

Whatevs, Hamutz really bothers me for many reasons and I know it's not likely to happen but I wish she'd die. I rather like Mirepoc though, hope she is badass and fights and doesn't let the guys protect her instead.
Oct 16, 2009 11:58 PM

May 2008
Awsome episode and I'm looking forwar to the fight between Hamutz and Crekessa. I like the op and the ed more and more.
Oct 17, 2009 12:25 AM

Jul 2008
i'm getting kind of frustrated with this series, but I'm going to stick with it to see how this goes, i just wish there was more plot development
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 17, 2009 12:51 AM

Apr 2009
Holy shit, is it just me or is this actually getting good now? I might actually, dare I say it, look forward to the next episode now.
Oct 17, 2009 1:15 AM

Aug 2008
It kind of felt like it was the second last episode in a series, despite being only the 3rd... I'm starting to love the animation, and this anime is becoming one of the better ones this season at a very fast rate...
Oct 17, 2009 4:40 AM

Apr 2009
I like the opening and series more and more. I think this will be on of the seasons better series.
Oct 17, 2009 6:56 AM

Jul 2008
so hamyutsu meseta took out the bomb thing from colio that makes him human again...then why did she kill the others and not him??

I guess that she just thought that there is still some hope for him to become a human again.
Oct 17, 2009 7:02 AM

Feb 2009
Hamayuts Mesa (whatever) is so gar. DX
I was like :O when she ripped the bomb outta that kid. LOL.
Oct 17, 2009 9:39 AM

Mar 2009
HAMYUTS MESETA IS BUNNY AHOGE RIBBON PSYCHO ROMI PAKU SEX.

I'm looking forward to Colio's development, and hoping the book guy introduces himself next ep, since he went to the trouble of giving pieces of the book to Colio and then approaching HumanRights-kun. I wonder that he wasn't just planting those pieces on Colio so that Hamyuts would stumble on them the next time she went after Meats? And woah, this is getting intense fast for something that will actually get a full 26 episodes. Easily one of my favorites this season.
Oct 17, 2009 10:52 AM

Apr 2009
That was actually pretty good, far from what I was expecting from the first two episodes. If the show keeps up the quality I'll be watching the rest.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Oct 17, 2009 2:48 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Interesting development. Now better than all the episodes of Phantom combined.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 18, 2009 1:48 AM

Jul 2009
This is one of anime that starts very slow, but when the main plot begin to kick in, it will be hard to keep your eyes off it..this will be a better anime with this development
Oct 18, 2009 2:00 AM

Jul 2008
This is one of anime that starts very slow, but when the main plot begin to kick in, it will be hard to keep your eyes off it...

This is a novel adaptation and novels are usually like that: slow (often complicated) start, but when things start getting clear and the plot kicks in, it is awesome.
Oct 18, 2009 2:06 AM

Jul 2009
Nayrael said:
This is one of anime that starts very slow, but when the main plot begin to kick in, it will be hard to keep your eyes off it...

This is a novel adaptation and novels are usually like that: slow (often complicated) start, but when things start getting clear and the plot kicks in, it is awesome.
Yeah i agree with you, thank god i didn't drop this series..i will watch it until finished, so many question in my head makes this more interesting
Oct 18, 2009 3:18 AM

Mar 2008
Aside from the stupid fanservice this was a pretty good episode. Hamyuts Meseta is starting to grown on me. Loved when she took out the bomb from the kid's chest. Very badass x) Can't wait for the next episode Cigal VS Meseta-chan
Oct 18, 2009 9:36 AM

Nov 2008
Another ep with lots of skipping around, though at least it all came together at the end. The fight next ep should be interesting, and I wonder what'll happen between Meatkid and Slutgirl
Oct 18, 2009 9:50 AM

Jul 2009
This is getting good hope they keep it up
Oct 18, 2009 9:55 AM

Jul 2009
Interesting episode,hopefully Meseta VS Cigal won't end too quickly.I like the whole "just as planned" thing,now to see what will Meatkid do now.
Oct 18, 2009 1:52 PM

May 2008
What the shit Christ.

Hamutz like..ripped out Colio's bomb...x____X

This anime is...odd if anything.

Oct 18, 2009 3:55 PM

Aug 2008
Quite a boring episode. It's kind of dumb that the cliffhanger was totally contrived and not addressed, and to top it off almost the whole of the first half was a flashback. The show is still piece-y, but at least the wretched cgi got better.
Oct 18, 2009 4:28 PM
Oct 2008
noteDhero said:
Quite a boring episode. It's kind of dumb that the cliffhanger was totally contrived and not addressed, and to top it off almost the whole of the first half was a flashback. The show is still piece-y, but at least the wretched cgi got better.

The flashback was probably the best thing that's happened so far in this show. Except for, perhaps, Hamutz ripping out Colio's bomb.
Oct 20, 2009 12:59 PM

Jan 2009
I would not trust a guy who looks as obviously evil as Cigal does O.o
And the OP starts to grow onto me, at least the song itself. The visuals of it are horrible.
So, in this laughing witch's book, or whatever she was called, why is it always sunset?
And that clown-ish devilguy, or whatever he is, from the memories of her life, what the heck is he anyway? Looks weird, and .. just plain strange >.>

Ehhh!? She.. Took out.. the bomb? Just like that?xD Oh lawd
So, what're they gonna do? They got Dragon Pneumonia (or whatever it's called) xD..

And somehow, I find it strange that Noloty's skin is in a darker shade, yet she's got blue eyes, looks really strange I say, but sure, she might have quite a tan.

Anyway, I like Shiron, can't help it.

MoeNekoDrill said:
I was like :O when she ripped the bomb outta that kid. LOL.

That's pretty much my reaction to it too xD But maybe a bit more like 'OMG lolwat ٩(๏_๏)۶'
OosranOct 21, 2009 1:38 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 20, 2009 4:25 PM

Aug 2009
this episode won it all for me.

i was waiting to see more of hamutz being badass, which i did. i was waiting for the bomb fag to realize he's human already, which he did. the little morally correct green-haired queer got put in his place, and the shiron book got clarified almost completely in this ep.

i personally think it's the best NEW anime out
Oct 21, 2009 5:22 AM

Feb 2008
I'm loving this. :'p
Hehe
This ep was so much better than the last one. ^_^
So I'm looking forward to the next ep now.
Whoohoo~ and I'm LOVING Hamyuts.
She's just so awesome. xD
I guess this is one of those series out there that you would easily be turned off at first sight but will actually turn into a really good one if given the chance. :'p

Oct 22, 2009 4:23 PM

Feb 2009
Lija-chan said:
I guess this is one of those series out there that you would easily be turned off at first sight but will actually turn into a really good one if given the chance.

Agreed...and Hamyuts provides nice amount of fanservice just standing and doing nothing O_O

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Oct 24, 2009 2:48 PM

Feb 2009
This show is improving but not at a pace I'd hoped so. Still needs a lot of improvement in terms of character and story development in order to become a good show but so far it seems it's going in the right direction so I might stick around and see how it goes. Once again I'm glad I didn't see any horrible CGI this episode.

Nov 7, 2009 1:00 PM

Oct 2008
Shiron..

Poor girl..

Feb 19, 2010 7:27 AM

Oct 2009
Oh I am happy to have picked this series and now plowing through it! The laughing witch is amazing! I am completely into the story of this new series to me.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Sep 29, 2010 6:16 AM

Dec 2009
Oh, boy, this Witch! I haven't seen such a beautiful female character for a long time.

Unexpected awesome anime, 9/10 after 3 episodes.
Mar 22, 2013 7:53 AM

May 2012
This sure is getting interesting, I really wonder why they decided to start the anime with that first episode... and well now it's getting quite interesting! So lets see what's next!
Nov 27, 2013 2:18 AM

Jul 2008
Having a bomb ripped out of your chest.....OW! I'm liking the main character because she seems so very heartless. Interesting is always good.

No way she dies here.
Feb 27, 2015 8:58 AM
Jun 2013
well guess that mia chick is a prostitute. Seems we got even more backstory on Shiron and I hope we get some more. lol the way she ripped that bomb out was brutal. also seems old guy is maybe more then meets the eye.
Apr 25, 2015 10:21 AM

Mar 2008
I'm impressed so far. Weird that this anime isn't more popular, I hope it'll continue to stay as interesting and engaging! I quite like the setting
Mar 9, 2016 8:25 PM
Jul 2018
I'm still eh about the story.
Apr 7, 2016 2:12 PM

Feb 2015
the whore-girl's an idiot -"Here - take this and you will be happy."

>_>

i was rolling when he was like "I'm not a human....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHAAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG"

Girl:"There, you're human."
Feb 13, 2017 6:01 AM

Oct 2012
That's great, now Colio can't talk that he's a bomb anymore!
I wonder what will he talk about now, probably something like "I'm still not a human" xD

That was really horrible spreading disease like that

Battle eh? It's getting interesting!
"Signature removed"
Jun 7, 2017 12:42 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I found the first couple of episodes a bit slow and hard to follow, but this has definitely been an improvement. Things have gotten interesting.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 14, 2021 9:41 PM

Jul 2009
Loving the fight animation :)

This is definitely Hamy's episode!

Finally got a name for the bomb boy.

More topics from this board

» Where can I stream this?

happyanime2942 - Jan 5, 2022

2 by Foreall908 »»
Jul 4, 2022 6:45 AM

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mrokand - Oct 23, 2009

88 by Slimsith »»
Nov 30, 2021 9:50 PM

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

llamaben - Apr 2, 2010

86 by SomaHeir »»
Jun 8, 2021 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 26 Discussion

kariohki - Mar 26, 2010

37 by SomaHeir »»
Jun 6, 2021 5:24 PM

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 25 Discussion

kariohki - Mar 19, 2010

25 by SomaHeir »»
Jun 2, 2021 8:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.