Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2009 5:15 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
But it wouldn't really matter if Hitomi had told the truth, Zaibach was going to attack them anyway :/
Apr 4, 2010 11:15 PM

Apr 2008
4:18 Not hating the Lesbian fanserive. "Blood with fortune" really? it's getting stupider by each episode. The animation and the music is what keeps me going.
May 3, 2010 1:00 AM
Feb 2009
wow that was dumb of Hitomi :(
Apr 8, 2011 9:41 AM

Feb 2010
Hitomi got it all wrong, the cards were revealing the "emperor" (which was Isaac) who just recently made heavy influence on her and Allen, who was the key figure in Millerna's case, and who was the reason Hitomi didn't want to read true meaning of cards. So the cards have shown that figure with extra card rather expressive. He even looked like Isaac, that Emperor. If Hitomi was not turbulent and distracted with how to bend the truth, she probably would see with her abilities beyond the basic meaning of Emperor (which seem to be beneficial to the general outcome) to what it realy pointed out.
And then even if Zaibach would "attack anyway", there would be far less victims (Dryden nearly died protecting Millerna) and less chances for success for catgirls.

But it's realy Van who screwed up with his confession. Can't blame him but it's not the first time he is unsensible. He made the same mistake again.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Oct 4, 2013 11:09 AM

Oct 2009
I like how she says that it's wrong to change fate with the machine and she goes and does it herself.
Dec 15, 2014 5:05 AM

Apr 2013
I never thought my dislike for Hitomi could possibly grow any greater. Wow. She proved me wrong once again. Great job, Hitomi! Thank you for lying about Millerna's reading, condemning her to a life of unhappiness, trying to steal Allen for yourself, fucking over an entire country and being an overall terrible human being (excuse me, Mystic Moonian). However, we at least got lesbian cat girls in this episode!
Apr 26, 2015 8:20 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching again)

This episode links back to what Hitomi learned in the Mystic Valley... that her anxiety was bringing bad fortunes. She tried to take advantage of that, to turn it around the other way, but failed and brought about a worse result.

Also, intensified luck soldiers FTW!
Jun 6, 2015 11:30 AM

Jan 2010
Fate alterations through science and magic, luck manipulation through a blood transfusion.

I'm actually enjoying this. As in, the implications of singular changes in destiny causing a completely different outcome. It's slightly different from stuff involving time travel, but the concept is the same. Then again, "fate," "destiny," and "luck" could also be interpreted as convenience in terms of plot, allowing things to happen simply because they're artificially preordained. In other words, this is starting to get a little bit much, but it's still something I wish to see through to the end.
Aug 7, 2015 5:05 AM

Jul 2013
Aozure said:
I like how she says that it's wrong to change fate with the machine and she goes and does it herself.

Well that's just makes her more human.
Feb 13, 2016 9:17 AM

Feb 2014
Poor Hitomi, she's feeling so much regret that she turns herself into the enemy (although a lot of it was her fault). But I guess we've learned 2 lessons today: 1) You can't lie about what tarot cards say to change fate into something you want. 2) Jealousy gets you nowhere ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE A SENPAI WHO LIKES YOU ON YOUR OWN FREAKING PLANET!!! Geez HItomi forget about Allen and focus on getting back home!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2016 10:20 PM

Oct 2012
good episode, i enjoyed it
Jun 8, 2016 9:33 AM

Mar 2016
Noodle070 said:
Jealousy gets you nowhere ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE A SENPAI WHO LIKES YOU ON YOUR OWN FREAKING PLANET!!! Geez HItomi forget about Allen and focus on getting back home!

THIS! It's a dumb love triangle when Hitomi knows she will get home eventually!! Her senpai is literally waiting back on earth to greet her with hugs and kisses and meanwhile Hitomi is out kissing other men!!
Apr 9, 2017 12:21 PM

Dec 2015
_RedCat_ said:
Noodle070 said:
Jealousy gets you nowhere ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE A SENPAI WHO LIKES YOU ON YOUR OWN FREAKING PLANET!!! Geez HItomi forget about Allen and focus on getting back home!

THIS! It's a dumb love triangle when Hitomi knows she will get home eventually!! Her senpai is literally waiting back on earth to greet her with hugs and kisses and meanwhile Hitomi is out kissing other men!!

Yeah but that senpai was going to leave Japan, remember?
Also he never actually recirprocated her feelings, obviously he does care for her but from Hitomi's perspective he could've agreed to the kiss out of pity and just by being a nice person. She was going to lose him anyway.
That's all the more reason for why she replaced him with Allen.

The love triangle itself is still pretty unnecessary
May 7, 2017 12:11 PM

Dec 2012
Hitomi pls. Stop.

I thought the two cat girls were sisters but I guess they aren't, lol.
Edit: Well, they are. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dec 28, 2017 8:35 AM
Jun 2017
First the power of shipping and now the power of plot armour? Isaac's looking pretty OP.
Feb 2, 2018 6:01 PM

Feb 2013
Naria and Eriya... which one really had the better luck last episode? (something to think about)

Hitomi tries to "will" one destiny for another... and it backfires! (this is not a minor detail)
Apr 29, 2018 9:01 AM

Nov 2016
The whole lucky blood thing is probably among the biggest bs I've ever seen in anime xD

And this episode finally did it, Hitomi started to infuriate me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 30, 2018 7:32 PM

Aug 2016
Only good thing about this episode was Hitomi hilarious stupidity hahahahahah
:v
Nov 12, 2018 2:13 AM

Sep 2016
so nobodies going to mention how the artstyle changed for this episode?
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

May 9, 2019 10:50 AM

Oct 2012
Hitomi really pissed me off this episode. I guess her self-sacrifice in the end helped somehow, but still... Bitch I know you don't know what to do now that you know that you can change the future and shit, but BITCH.
Nov 15, 2020 2:26 PM

Feb 2012
I think Hitomi may have wanted the bad reading to happen, and since she has the Draconian's powers, they did happen, rather than predicting. Not to say that she has malicious intent the entire time, but when she does, even for a short moment, during a reading, it would come true.
Fortress_MaximusNov 24, 2020 3:41 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 18, 2021 7:18 PM

Mar 2015
I like how hitomi is learning and teaching people that they need to rely on themselves to make their own fate, as opposed to destiny being made for you. Yet, the show just throws that away, and she still reads Millerna's fortune. Why doesn't Hitomi use her power to wish that Zaibach just disappears or something. Also, why is Hitomi worrying about love when the fate of a Gaea is at stake?
Jun 20, 2021 9:38 AM

May 2020
Intensified Luck Soldiers. Honestly, the show should just end with a gigantic explosion after the Fate Engine implodes on Isaac's stupid face. The bad guys can literally control reality or at least control how reality affects them. There's literally no way they should be able to lose.

Also the luck soldiers are dumb. Just call them Harbringers of Fate or whatever. There's only so far luck can take you and Van could've clearly taken out the cat girl if Escaflowne hadn't basically just shut down. That's not luck, that's a clear case of altering reality. They're altering reality so just call it for what it is, instead of introducing lucky blood or whatever.

Also kind of unfair that Hitomi gets bad luck when she changes reality but Isaac & Co don't suffer any consequences

Jan 11, 2022 3:56 AM

May 2019
Can I just take a moment to ship the cat girls. I never thought I'd say that. I'm just going to roll with it.

FORTUNE BLOOD? This show can do whatever it wants and I'm here for it.

Hitomi is being way too selfish with her card reading, mind, her heart fate was manipulated so I get it.
However, when there's an invasion and they want to capture you and your real man's guymelef is all messed up it's not really the right time to be talking about love, js.
Aug 1, 2023 12:03 AM

Jun 2021
HOLY SHIT EVERYTHING'S GOING TO FUCK
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Feb 19, 9:34 PM

Nov 2021
WOW HITOMI your no better than issac... the shit has now hit the fan

Apr 6, 6:23 AM
Dec 2019
I don't care about these cat ladies at allllllllll. Enhancing their luck sort of ties with this show's obsession with fate and stuff so its almost tolerable as a thing to upgrade them but its all just so slapdash and boring at this point. Either way, they need some active antagonist to replace Dilandau (as annoying as he was) since he went insane a few episodes ago but just having these two around to fill a role doesn't make them interesting.

And speaking of slapdash and random, was it ever explained who the fuck Mr Mole is? He's just always around and tolerated by everyone but he just seems like a do-nothing tramp that causes mild trouble and offers mild solutions at random. Why would he not get in trouble for sneaking around the princess's bedroom and stealing stuff?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

maLakai - Jan 12, 2009

118 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 8, 12:23 AM

» Remember when people thought this was one of the greatest anime ever?

Schlockendale - Jan 13, 2022

17 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 7, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 25 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

22 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 24 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

36 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 23 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 21, 2009

37 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.