Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 3, 2014 2:08 AM

Jun 2013
Every episode there is a shitload of complaints and arguments back and forth about Inaho, some of which just gets repeated. I am trying to adress some of the complaints here with the discussions I had in the episode discussions. Also, spoiler heavy if you haven't watched up to episode five.

- Inaho has the personality of a rock:
While I acknowledge that he is very stoic, it is his gimmick as a strategist. Few things are as important as experience and having a cool head in a combat situation (or in any situation really). The series tries to portray him as the prodigy that uses tactics instead of a supermecha to defeat superior enemies. If he did not have a calm personality, I doubt he would be able to pull those feats. I am sure you all are guilty of flailing around when a bee flies around you, thereby increasing your chance of being stung, instead of keeping your calm and think that bees don't sting you without reason. While I understand that some people don't like non-expressive characters, I am gonna call you hypocrites if I find out you like Mahouka.

- Inaho has no prior combat experience:
At most, he has mandatory military training so he shouldn't have such a tactical mind. I want stress that this has happened in real military history. Admiral Yi Sun-shin was a cavalry officer when he served in the Choson (unified Korea prior to WII) military and was appointed as a naval commander after climbing from being a garrison's officer. He was outnumbered and outsupplied yet won EVERY single naval engagment against the Japanese despite having no prior naval experience. Also, it is said that Kublai Khan, the most famous khan after Genghis Khan, was smart enough as a child to offer consul to the Mongol military commanders. Having tactical genuises doesn't happen often, but when it does, we are sure to hear it.

- Inaho's direct superiors are standing around doing nothing:
The only one who directly oppose Inaho is his sister and instructor Yuki, mostly because of concern for his well-being. I believe the other superiors are genre savvy enough that "this guy knows what he is doing, we should listen to him" instead of butting in because of their hurt pride. Many military defeats has happened because of just that.

- The Martians are idiots:
When you are clearly the superior force and have the mindset that this is a race and not a war (as stated in episode one I think), you don't really pay attention to the bugs you squash. When it does bite back, you can be pretty baffled. Historic examples again: When someone in the Roman senate suggested that Hannibal might cross the Alps to attack Italy, they laughed. Also, the Vers Empire does have strategy in mind since they actually disabled communications before invading.

- The Terrans are idiots:
Inaho has exploited tactics that aren't overly complex and could be thought be anyone. The thing is that they don't and he does. In military academy, you don't learn about using cranes with containers or steam explosions, you learn about tactical positions and using raw firepower, which is called conventional warfare. Most of the time, it's enough. This is not one of those times.

- No plans ever backfire:
This is just the beginning. I am pretty sure that if the Martians found out about his tactics and decides to take him seriously, he be dead.

That's pretty much it. Also:
A-Knight said:
I find it funny that people complain about an MC being smart and genre savvy yet are fine with a moron who only gets by on plot armor.

If you are one of those people, I doubt anything can convince you of how awesome Inaho is. *Hater-deflector shield on*
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2014 2:31 AM

Jan 2014
I hope they will reveal a good background story about Inaho. Then I can laugh at the people who is criticizing him.
If not, I'm not satisfied but still enjoy the anime.
Aug 3, 2014 2:34 AM

Jun 2013
chickenonthepan said:
I hope they will reveal a good background story about Inaho. Then I can laugh at the people who is criticizing him.

I do agree there. Being all pragmatic and effective does tend to be because of a tragic past.
Aug 3, 2014 2:35 AM

Jan 2011
Sounds good to me but then I never had a problem with any of this anyway.
Aug 3, 2014 3:06 AM

Nov 2012
chickenonthepan said:

I hope they will not reveal any background story about Inaho. Then I can laugh at the people who is worshiping him.
If not, I'm not satisfied but still enjoy the anime

:)
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 3, 2014 3:11 AM

Jan 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
chickenonthepan said:

I hope they will not reveal any background story about Inaho. Then I can laugh at the people who is worshiping him.

OK, noted. The other 2 MCs already had their flashback. I don't see why Inaho won't get his story tell.
Aug 3, 2014 3:19 AM

Sep 2010
chickenonthepan said:
ninjastarforcex said:

OK, noted. The other 2 MCs already had their flashback. I don't see why Inaho won't get his story tell.

The people who had flashbacks are of things that were already foreshadowed and spoken about since episode 1 (Marito had these too). There seems to be nothing perceived wrong with Inaho for some reason.

Even if he has a past trauma, he was going to school and had a regular nice lifestyle. IMO, they don't know what is his backstory, because they didn't decide his personality until they wrote the script. Ooops. They can make it up in next half, I suppose. Unlike Slaine who got his bullied treatment mentioned in his profile, there's no indication about Inaho's possible "problems". We know Inko is his childhood friend, though.
ThessAug 3, 2014 3:29 AM
Aug 3, 2014 3:31 AM

Jan 2014
Thess said:
chickenonthepan said:

The people who had flashbacks are of things that were already foreshadowed and spoken about since episode 1 (Marito had these too). There seems to be nothing perceived wrong with Inaho for some reason.

Even if he has a past trauma, he was going to school and had a regular nice lifestyle. IMO, they don't know what is his backstory, because they didn't decide his personality until they wrote the script. Ooops. They can make it up in next half, I suppose. Unlike Slaine who got his bullied treatment mentioned in his profile, there's no indication about Inaho's possible "problems". We know Inko is his childhood friend, though.

I think just watching him is enough to tell there is something wrong with him. Don't you agree?
Aug 3, 2014 3:37 AM

Sep 2010
chickenonthepan said:
I think just watching him is enough to tell there is something wrong with him. Don't you agree?

You are perceiving it but the main issue is that his friends or sister or people who he just met (of all ages) don't seem to bat an eyelash, that's kind of worrisome. If it was another character, I might agree, but his writing has been less than stellar for a protagonist and he had screentime to display layers which are missing.

Don't forget this is the character they force to make four wall comments to the audience about how he defeats the Robot of the Week.
Aug 3, 2014 3:43 AM

Jan 2014
Thess said:
chickenonthepan said:

You are perceiving it but the main issue is that his friends or sister or people who he just met (of all ages) don't seem to bat an eyelash, that's kind of worrisome. If it was another character, I might agree, but his writing has been less than stellar for a protagonist and he had screentime to display layers which are missing.

Don't forget this is the character they force to make four wall comments to the audience about how he defeats the Robot of the Week.

I don't know. I will just wait and see what is going to happen. We are not the script writer anyway. Who know what he has in his mind?
Still hoping for a shocking revelation though. A1 put really high hope for this series, and it can't be that successful with a clearly flawed character.
Aug 3, 2014 3:45 AM
Jul 2013
[Terrans are idiots]

They are. Who in their right mind would just sit in their and get slashed in two?
It's not like they don't have long range guns and good mobility. Why didn't they surround him instead so that he can't block the bullets? Why didn't they use their "hovering" abilities to dodge Vlad's attacks? And last, why are they so retarded?

I don't care about Inaho being OP or what, I just want the other characters to be useful. Even the commanders are useless.
Aug 3, 2014 3:49 AM

Jan 2014
pipeds said:
[Terrans are idiots]

They are. Who in their right mind would just sit in their and get slashed in two?
It's not like they don't have long range guns and good mobility. Why didn't they surround him instead so that he can't block the bullets? Why didn't they use their "hovering" abilities to dodge Vlad's attacks? And last, why are they so retarded?

Answer 1 simple question: "Can you think effectively when you are facing a lion?". Put yourself into that circumstance, then you can feel how those soldiers feel. I bet you couldn't move a finger. Soldiers are not machine, they have morale. when facing impossible odd, it's natural for them to be panic and don't know what to do. (That's why I said there is something wrong with Inaho, he is too calm) And almost all regular soldiers in mecha series are useless anyway.
Just_ChickenAug 3, 2014 4:01 AM
Aug 3, 2014 4:26 AM
Jul 2013
And that explains how Inaho can become better than a soldier?
Soldiers are trained to face difficult situations especially that they already know about the Martians. So, why didn't ANY ONE of the soldier even become so effective as Inaho was doing?

And may I ask you, do you know how HARD they train soldiers?
Aug 3, 2014 4:29 AM

Jan 2014
pipeds said:
Soldiers are trained to face difficult situations especially that they already know about the Martians. So, why didn't ANY ONE of the soldier even become so effective as Inaho was doing?

Dude, did you read all my post? "I said there is something wrong with Inaho". You can train all you want, but when you are facing a lion, it is fear that usually wins. And that's why this is an ANIME, not real life.
Aug 3, 2014 4:58 AM
Aug 2014
HunterTennouji said:
Every episode there is a shitload of complaints and arguments back and forth about Inaho, some of which just gets repeated. I am trying to adress some of the complaints here with the discussions I had in the episode discussions. Also, spoiler heavy if you haven't watched up to episode five.

- Inaho has the personality of a rock:
While I acknowledge that he is very stoic, it is his gimmick as a strategist. Few things are as important as experience and having a cool head in a combat situation (or in any situation really). The series tries to portray him as the prodigy that uses tactics instead of a supermecha to defeat superior enemies. If he did not have a calm personality, I doubt he would be able to pull those feats. I am sure you all are guilty of flailing around when a bee flies around you, thereby increasing your chance of being stung, instead of keeping your calm and think that bees don't sting you without reason. While I understand that some people don't like non-expressive characters, I am gonna call you hypocrites if I find out you like Mahouka.

- Inaho has no prior combat experience:
At most, he has mandatory military training so he shouldn't have such a tactical mind. I want stress that this has happened in real military history. Admiral Yi Sun-shin was a cavalry officer when he served in the Choson (unified Korea prior to WII) military and was appointed as a naval commander after climbing from being a garrison's officer. He was outnumbered and outsupplied yet won EVERY single naval engagment against the Japanese despite having no prior naval experience. Also, it is said that Kublai Khan, the most famous khan after Genghis Khan, was smart enough as a child to offer consul to the Mongol military commanders. Having tactical genuises doesn't happen often, but when it does, we are sure to hear it.

- Inaho's direct superiors are standing around doing nothing:
The only one who directly oppose Inaho is his sister and instructor Yuki, mostly because of concern for his well-being. I believe the other superiors are genre savvy enough that "this guy knows what he is doing, we should listen to him" instead of butting in because of their hurt pride. Many military defeats has happened because of just that.

- The Martians are idiots:
When you are clearly the superior force and have the mindset that this is a race and not a war (as stated in episode one I think), you don't really pay attention to the bugs you squash. When it does bite back, you can be pretty baffled. Historic examples again: When someone in the Roman senate suggested that Hannibal might cross the Alps to attack Italy, they laughed. Also, the Vers Empire does have strategy in mind since they actually disabled communications before invading.

- The Terrans are idiots:
Inaho has exploited tactics that aren't overly complex and could be thought be anyone. The thing is that they don't and he does. In military academy, you don't learn about using cranes with containers or steam explosions, you learn about tactical positions and using raw firepower, which is called conventional warfare. Most of the time, it's enough. This is not one of those times.

- No plans ever backfire:
This is just the beginning. I am pretty sure that if the Martians found out about his tactics and decides to take him seriously, he be dead.

That's pretty much it. Also:
A-Knight said:
I find it funny that people complain about an MC being smart and genre savvy yet are fine with a moron who only gets by on plot armor.

If you are one of those people, I doubt anything can convince you of how awesome Inaho is. *Hater-deflector shield on*

Well said mate :)

F u noobs who cant understand Inaho :P
Aug 3, 2014 5:06 AM
Aug 2014
After heavens fall the soldiers and strategists in the army must have prepared strategies and tactics against martians. it just seems odd how unprepared they are when facing the enemy it is as if they dont know a thing about them. In the latter case, I guess they acting like noobs in understandable.

Oh and I do agree Inaho is bit strange, stoic when facing such odds. hope they will tell his back story.
Aug 3, 2014 5:07 AM

Jun 2013
pipeds said:
[Terrans are idiots]

Honestly, you are going to have problems watching any works of fiction if you are bothered by this. It's common in most war fiction that soldiers dies like flies and are utterly incompetent, Stormtroopers being the most famous example. At least here, they had the mind to use AP rounds instead of HE rounds. Sure, they could have surrounded him and pick him off. And Vlad is just gonna sit around and let that happen?

pipeds said:

They know about Martians, they don't know about Martian Kataphracts and are not trained for them. I am pretty sure current military training doesn't prepare you for facing off against a Jedi.
Aug 3, 2014 5:10 AM
Aug 2014
Like Hunter tennouji said they dont seem to know enemies (martian) capabilities and strengths in that case it makes perfect sense.
Aug 3, 2014 5:12 AM
Jul 2013
chickenonthepan said:
pipeds said:

Dude, did you read all my post? "I said there is something wrong with Inaho". You can train all you want, but when you are facing a lion, it is fear that usually wins. And that's why this is an ANIME, not real life.

Yup. And every soldier are afraid of Vlad. Seems legit.

HunterTennouji said:
pipeds said:
[Terrans are idiots]

Honestly, you are going to have problems watching any works of fiction if you are bothered by this. It's common in most war fiction that soldiers dies like flies and are utterly incompetent, Stormtroopers being the most famous example. At least here, they had the mind to use AP rounds instead of HE rounds. Sure, they could have surrounded him and pick him off. And Vlad is just gonna sit around and let that happen?

pipeds said:

They know about Martians, they don't know about Martian Kataphracts and are not trained for them. I am pretty sure current military training doesn't prepare you for facing off against a Jedi.

Just like you said, Vlad isn't gonna let them surround him so why can't the soldiers also think like him? It's like the soldiers are there just to get killed or something. Admit it, Terrans Soldiers are retarded. They are useless and no matter how you say it, they are still useless. And the fact that it is common in war fiction doesn't excuse this retardedness. Being common doesn't mean it is ok.

And also, I'm pretty sure HighschoolStudents aren't trained in facing off against a Jedi... get my point?
Aug 3, 2014 5:16 AM

Jan 2014
You guy just leave him alone. This pipeds has serious problem when watching anime. He will never understand that anime is not real life...
Aug 3, 2014 5:21 AM
Jul 2013
chickenonthepan said:
You guy just leave him alone. This pipeds has serious problem when watching anime. He will never understand that anime is not real life...

I'm not talking about anime is not real life. I'm mainly pointing out how the writing in this anime is bad. Sorry, but I'm not like you folks that shuts down their brain and become retarded as well.
Aug 3, 2014 5:23 AM

Jan 2014
pipeds said:
chickenonthepan said:

I'm not talking about anime is not real life. I'm mainly pointing out how the writing in this anime is bad. Sorry, but I'm not like you folks that shuts down their brain and become retarded as well.

Watch more anime and you will see how retarded you are, not us. Simple.
Aug 3, 2014 5:26 AM

Mar 2013
The only problem I have with inaho is that cunt of a sister he's related to.

That bitch coddles him too much when he's obviously capable of taking care of himself. Step off bitch.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Aug 3, 2014 5:26 AM
Jul 2013
chickenonthepan said:
pipeds said:

Please indicate what reason are there for you to call be retarded when I am only criticizing how bad the writing is. I know this is common in anime but that doesn't exempt it from being called as a bad written anime.
Aug 3, 2014 5:27 AM
Aug 2014
chickenonthepan said:

Agreed
Aug 3, 2014 5:29 AM

Jun 2013
pipeds said:

HunterTennouji said:

Just like you said, Vlad isn't gonna let them surround him so why can't the soldiers also think like him? It's like the soldiers are there just to get killed or something. Admit it, Terrans Soldiers are retarded. They are useless and no matter how you say it, they are still useless. And the fact that it is common in war fiction doesn't excuse this retardedness. Being common doesn't mean it is ok.

And also, I'm pretty sure HighschoolStudents aren't trained in facing off against a Jedi... get my point?

Yeah, because every regular soldier is a Napoelon in disguise. Look, your nameless generic soldier that you pine for isn't a genius because he is a nameless generic soldier. He follows orders and protocols, which in this case is inadequate.

Yeah, high school student aren't trained to fight a Jedi. It so happens that most high school students aren't the main protagonist in a scripted story.
Aug 3, 2014 5:31 AM

Jan 2014
pipeds said:
chickenonthepan said:

Please indicate what reason are there for you to call be retarded when I am only criticizing how bad the writing is. I know this is common in anime but that doesn't exempt it from being called as a bad written anime.

I was explaining to you very clearly in this thread and one other thread. It may be retarded compared to real life. But like other mecha anime, those soldiers are doing their roles just fine.
Aug 3, 2014 5:32 AM
Jul 2013
HunterTennouji said:
pipeds said:

Yeah, because every regular soldier is a Napoelon in disguise. Look, your nameless generic soldier that you pine for isn't a genius because he is a nameless generic soldier. He follows orders and protocols, which in this case is inadequate.

Yeah, high school student aren't trained to fight a Jedi. It so happens that most high school students aren't the main protagonist in a scripted story.

Oh man... let me ask yo this, what orders and protocols are there? To just sit there and watch themselves get cut by a gundam with a katana?
Aug 3, 2014 5:33 AM
Jul 2013
chickenonthepan said:
pipeds said:

I was explaining to you very clearly in this thread and one other thread. It may be retarded compared to real life. But like other mecha anime, those soldiers are doing their roles just fine.

So that's what you are getting at. Then please don't join in the argument because I am talking about a REAL soldier. A soldier for what he or she is. Not some ants that's ok to get squashed in battle.
Aug 3, 2014 5:34 AM

May 2012
This shit again ?
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Aug 3, 2014 5:35 AM

Jan 2014
pipeds said:
chickenonthepan said:

So that's what you are getting at. Then please don't join in the argument because I am talking about a REAL soldier. A soldier for what he or she is. Not some ants that's ok to get squashed in battle.

REAL soldier doesn't exist in anime. Simple.

Jun 2013
Tommk said:
This shit again ?

Yeah... I am not bothering anymore.

Sep 2013
I have to say that I feel like if this anime wasn't as hyped up as it was, then a thread like this would never have been made. People would just write it off as a bad character and move on.

Buuuut noooo. This anime has Sawano and Urobuchi and A1-Pictures said it will be the next big thing. So there HAS to be a reason for it all! There has to be some way to spin this into making it work!

If you enjoy the character, good on ya. I have no problem with him being a genius or even stoic, the issue is that he has nothing besides that. Do I think it is illogical to make a stoic guy the one to solve problems? No. I just think he's boring as hell.

As someone stated before. Slaine goes from level 1 to level 2. Inaho is already level 99 and on newgame+. He has nothing to grow to because he is already at the top tier. That basically means it's damn near impossible for him to develop. That is why he isn't interesting.

He is just a robot who occasionally puts a sticky note of a smile on his face. Replace him with any inanimate object, hook it up to a super computer and it adds just as much to the series as Inaho does.

Give him a backdrop. Sure, that would make it better, but it doesn't make him any less boring. Maybe the backdrop itself could be interesting, but where he is at right now isn't, and that is in the present of the shows story.

A character like this can work if he is given more to work with. Like Rei from Evangelion, who was made more so as a ghostly presence or symbolic. Inaho has none of that and he is one of the protagonists. It is *BASIC WRITING* to make your protagonist appealing or interesting right off the bat or at the very least relatable in some sense. If you expect to make a series that you want others to take seriously, then you have to make the characters act human. Not *overly* stupid or *overly* intelligent. It just makes it all plot convenience for them to pull out of their asses whenever they deem necessary.

Also, before generalizing all of mecha and gundam and all that. You should really have experience before doing so. As I stated in another post on the Episode 5 Discussion. "You are basically saying Inaho is a good character because he is different from all the mecha I haven't seen." (This is only directed to those who have criticized the entire genre though, not exactly at the OP.)

I hope this gives insight and I will probably never talk about why he is bad ever again on the episode discussions. I never really like repeating things I have said in the past, I only do it when I need to make a point in a discussion. (I try to never do it in my opening post). If I see some form of backdrop or interesting thing about him, then sure, I'll point that out too, but as the story is right now, I just think he is boring.

If you think Stoic Geniuses have never been done before, I direct you to the movie "After-Earth" by one named "M. Night Shamamallama-sama-kun". You know, that movie that came out and everyone hated? Mostly because the protagonist was boring? He had a reason for being that way too. Didn't stop him from being boring.

If you like the character that is fine, I don't, I don't see why you really have to make a thread about it either. This post isn't even so much a post on his personality, it's a post about why his type of character just doesn't work.
KetenAug 3, 2014 5:39 AM
Aug 3, 2014 5:37 AM
Aug 2014
Moving on: can someone clear this doubt for me :)

Someone may already hav asked this question but anyway: In episode 3

IF the martian kataprat blocks all signals how is it getting video streaming? also since its a martian suit ( u know mars being a desert i.e. storms and bad weather making it impossible to see) why the f does it not have infra red technology or something in it. seriously smoke is making an advanced suit blind?! WTF tho it was a shocker Im just gonna let it slide. But still just curious.
Aug 3, 2014 5:41 AM

Sep 2013
strategist26 said:

IF the martian kataprat blocks all signals how is it getting video streaming? also since its a martian suit ( u know mars being a desert i.e. storms and bad weather making it impossible to see) why the f does it not have infra red technology or something in it. seriously smoke is making an advanced suit blind?! WTF tho it was a shocker Im just gonna let it slide. But still just curious.

Because sci-fi.

To be fair, lots of unexplained science mumbo jumbo is in most science fiction stories. lmao I don't have it be a hit against the show, it just sort of comes with the territory.

I'll admit that the smoke being the weakness of such an advanced mech is quite a bit silly though.
Aug 3, 2014 5:42 AM

Jan 2014
strategist26 said:

because it's an anime plot. You can't enjoy an anime when you care about all the cliches...
Aug 3, 2014 5:42 AM
Aug 2014
@Keten it has only been 5 eps there will be more back story hopefully.
Aug 3, 2014 5:43 AM
Aug 2014
chickenonthepan said:
strategist26 said:

because it's an anime plot. You can't enjoy an anime when you care about all the cliches...

yh yh bro I know just curious lmao and still love it very much :)
Aug 3, 2014 5:51 AM

Sep 2013
strategist26 said:

Well ya. Of course it's entirely possible for his character to get better. I was more so hitting against the writing. A protagonist should have something going for them right off the bat, that is basic writing. The fact that he doesn't just shows that it's incompetently written is all. Later on it might get better though yes. As it stands now though, Inaho is boring.

Sorry btw, for my long as hell post before, I didn't know it was going to end up being that long. xD I went a little overboard there...
Aug 3, 2014 5:54 AM
Aug 2014
Keten said:
strategist26 said:

Well ya. Of course it's entirely possible for his character to get better. I was more so hitting against the writing. A protagonist should have something going for them right off the bat, that is basic writing. The fact that he doesn't just shows that it's incompetently written is all. Later on it might get better though yes. As it stands now though, Inaho is boring.

Sorry btw, for my long as hell post before, I didn't know it was going to end up being that long. xD I went a little overboard there...

lol u sure did go overboard haha
Aug 3, 2014 6:00 AM

Sep 2013
strategist26 said:

lol u sure did go overboard haha

A big reason though that I have a habit of bringing the whole Inaho thing back up again though in the discussions is because at the beginning, I had discussions like this with people, explained my point of view and they usually ended with just "I guess we shall agree to disagree." but then the very next week in the next episode discussion, it is the very same people who say things like, "I don't get why people don't like Inaho, I don't get why there be so much hate". I just get frustrated because I told them a very good reason why and they just completely forget about it. It's like they can't comprehend conflicting viewpoints or something.

I never bring it up on my own accord. Just when I see others claiming I am dumb or jealous and THAT is the reason I dislike him. Irritates me and I find it insulting.
Aug 3, 2014 6:01 AM

Jan 2014
Keten said:
strategist26 said:

Hmm, now I quite understand you. After ep4, before ep5, Inaho was good for my taste. But I was hoping for a hardship that he must face in ep5, more specifically, a plot twist. But he is OP as ever. If ep6 will be also like this, I will get bored.
Aug 3, 2014 6:02 AM
Mar 2012
Keten said:

I disagree. I find calm and strategic characters to be the most interesting lot. Note that Inaho isn't emotionless, he just doesn't express it. His lack of expressiveness just makes it more interesting to figure out what he is actually thinking/feeling. At any rate, I find them hugely better than overdramatic characters.
jackhammer32Aug 3, 2014 6:11 AM
Aug 3, 2014 6:06 AM

Sep 2013
swn32 said:

I disagree. I find calm and strategic characters to be the most interesting lot. Note that Inaho isn't emotionless, he just doesn't expressive it. His lack of expressiveness just makes it more interesting to figure out what he is actually thinking/feeling. At any rate, I find them hugely better than overdramatic characters.

That's cool dude. We disagree and that is alright. I just get irritated when people call me jealous or stupid as a justification for why I think the way I do. I am all for people getting enjoyment out of something even when I can't though.
Aug 3, 2014 6:08 AM
Mar 2012
chickenonthepan said:

That maybe true but the plot twist better comes soon or this anime will go down hill. Too much of anything will cause boredom.

I agree, he should have a little more trouble in future battles and even times where he becomes a little reckless to keep it interesting. Besides that, I don't necessarily think he needs any kind of traumatic backstory to explain his behavior. He probably has and it might be shown in future episodes, but I'd be fine even if he didn't.
Aug 3, 2014 6:11 AM
Aug 2014
[quote=Keten]
swn32 said:

I disagree. I find calm and strategic characters to be the most interesting lot. Note that Inaho isn't emotionless, he just doesn't expressive it. His lack of expressiveness just makes it more interesting to figure out what he is actually thinking/feeling. At any rate, I find them hugely better than overdramatic characters.

I also find calm and stragetic types much better than crybabies.

I tried watching Guilty crown recently after aldnoah. Saw first few episodes hated the MC a bit. I just cant seem to connect with that MC. Just not my taste.
Aug 3, 2014 6:13 AM
Aug 2014
swn32 said:
chickenonthepan said:

That maybe true but the plot twist better comes soon or this anime will go down hill. Too much of anything will cause boredom.

I agree, he should have a little more trouble in future battles and even times where he becomes a little reckless to keep it interesting. Besides that, I don't necessarily think he needs any kind of traumatic backstory to explain his behavior. He probably has and it might be shown in future episodes, but I'd be fine even if he didn't.

Did u guys notice he got reckless after meeting / conversing with the princess. hehe xD
Aug 3, 2014 6:18 AM

Mar 2011
I personally like Inaho. He might not have much of a personality but I perfer a character like that than another shitty and cringe worthy overemotional shounen protagonist that is constantly doing retarded crap and shouting. But it seems Im here the only one who thinks that way.
Raziel1991Aug 3, 2014 6:34 AM
Aug 3, 2014 6:22 AM

Jan 2014
Raziel1991 said:
I personally like Inaho. He might not have much of a personality but I perfer a character like that than another of shitty and cringe worthy overemotional shounen characters that are constantly doing retarded crap and shouting. But it seems Im here the only one who thinks that way.

Not really, I think that way too but I want more hardship for him. Too much easy wins for him is boring. I don't want him to be a God.
Aug 3, 2014 6:49 AM

Jun 2013
Keten said:
swn32 said:

That's cool dude. We disagree and that is alright. I just get irritated when people call me jealous or stupid as a justification for why I think the way I do. I am all for people getting enjoyment out of something even when I can't though.

I felt like I had to adress you, Keten. You do have valid points in your first post and now I do feel it was premature for me to open this thread. The only reason I didn't adress them here is because we already had the discussion in the episode discussion. You have valid arguments for your opinions and I can respect that. I can understand why some people don't like Inaho (heck I absolutely loathe Tatsuya from Mahouka and they do have somewhat similar personality) but my opinion is colored by not having enough protagonists that can actually think instead of using overpowered superpowers (hence why it's MY opinion) and that I love tacticians in general (if you haven't figured out from my avatar).

Raziel1991 said:
I personally like Inaho. He might not have much of a personality but I perfer a character like that than another shitty and cringe worthy overemotional shounen protagonist that is constantly doing retarded crap and shouting. But it seems Im here the only one who thinks that way.

You are definitely not the only one, I can tell you that.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.