Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION. DO NOT DISCUSS THE LIGHT NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, more info dump this episode. Fucking No Head Dragon.

I'm glad to see some of the others deal with them since they were responsible for the accidents. The episode imo felt pretty fast. Juumonji and his Phalanx though. And that song...

I'm expecting next arc to begin very soon.
rodacAug 2, 2014 5:42 PM
Aug 2, 2014 8:56 AM

Nov 2007
The guy in action after the investigation by the nurse/teacher. The enemy group is shocked about his identity.

Kirito guy not realizing that they were siblings!! lol~

Dancing with everyone at the end party.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 2, 2014 9:01 AM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
I'm expecting next arc to begin very soon.
Yep, next episode according to the preview screen.

And... a nice episode of Oniisama! Miyuki saves the last dance for her brother of course but the harem is alive and well before that with Tatsuya giving dances to all the girls.
hpulleyAug 2, 2014 9:12 AM
Aug 2, 2014 9:03 AM

Nov 2007
Agreed. Nice episode of Oniisama! This current arc was going quite long. I expected it to go for around 8 to 9 episodes... but at least we still have 8 episodes left for the Yokohama Disturbance Arc, starting next week.

Tatsuya got to dance with all the girls, and nice touch with "ミレナリオ" ED playing during the last dance with Miyuki.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Aug 2, 2014 10:07 AM

Apr 2008
Tatsuya takin out the trash to the point that not even ashes remained
Aug 2, 2014 11:14 AM

Apr 2013
Tatsuya being Tatsuya and then going full harem in this one at the end but of course he went back to the one sure thing (although I wouldn't mind him going with Juumonji's suggestion either). I'm looking forward to the beginning of the next arc (Yokohama Disturbance Arc). Hopefully it doesn't start out as slow as the Nine Schools Competition arc.
dankzelAug 2, 2014 12:32 PM
Aug 2, 2014 11:19 AM

Mar 2013
Those dance scenes and the accompanying music was really good.

hpulley said:
Yep, next episode according to the preview screen.

It's good to know that next episode will be the Yokohama arc.
At least the arc won't be trimmed down a lot to fit the remaining episodes.
Aug 2, 2014 11:26 AM

Dec 2010
Wait...did Tatsuya just VAPORIZE that entire roomful of people?! Holy shit LMFAO.

Rooting for Tatsuya x Saegusa even though I know it's not gonna happen.
Aug 2, 2014 11:41 AM

Jun 2013
Next arc coming next episode. Tatsuya taking out those people was awesome. The ending to this episode was nice as well.
Aug 2, 2014 11:41 AM
Dec 2012
why are they even attempting to fit the yokohama in 8 eps, while completely ignoring vol 5
Aug 2, 2014 11:42 AM

Jul 2013
Oh damn Tatsuya just sent those guys into ashes without no emotions of them. And the only emotion that he has is only his sister.

Jyumonji's Phalanx was quite deadly, I was basically laughing when they can't penetrate his body XD.

Wow that dance scenes were amusing to see, and Ichijou accepted his lost. Oh wow it was an interesting talk between Tatsuya and Jyumonji about the Ten Master Clans. And the next arc starts next episode.

Tatsuya and Miyuki's dance was pretty beautiful tbh.

Aug 2, 2014 11:43 AM

May 2013
Tatsuya just took those guys out like it was nothing. Good way to end the episode with him and Miyuki dancing.
Aug 2, 2014 11:44 AM
Jul 2014
Pknoctis said:
Wait...did Tatsuya just VAPORIZE that entire roomful of people?! Holy shit LMFAO.

No no, I think thst military lady he was with is a better option for him because she seems to know the most about him besides the sister. Unless she's older, I think they should pair up.

Overall good episode, cold blooded MC don't see that very often.
Aug 2, 2014 11:45 AM

Aug 2010
That mercilessness was too BA :D He erased them from the face of the Earth :P

That should've been "Demon Right" not Demon Light -.-

Well that wasn't a bad end to vol4. I guess they kept most of Tatsuya's BAness in that scene :P

And Tatsuya getting to dance with all the bitches and Miyuki not even giving a F*** about Masaki with how she's just looking at her Onii-sama XD

Juumonji suggesting Tatsuya to marry Mayumi :3

Well nxt up Yokohama in 8 eps? RIP XD
Aug 2, 2014 11:49 AM
Jan 2014
That was some godly long range Silver Thorn sniping. Never mess around with Tatsuya.
Juumonji's ripped body and the Phalanx add to his beastly character.
Always save a dance with the onii-sama. Even though he had plenty of fun with his harem.
Aug 2, 2014 11:56 AM
Nov 2010
Barion-Zara said:
That mercilessness was too BA :D He erased them from the face of the Earth :P

That should've been "Demon Right" not Demon Light -.-

And Tatsuya getting to dance with all the bitches and Miyuki not even giving a F*** about Masaki with how she's just looking at her Onii-sama XD

Yeah I was like wait Light?
and omg I was laughing so hard at that, Miyuki was just giving death stares
Aug 2, 2014 12:05 PM

Jul 2012
Pknoctis said:

disassembled at the molecular level. the puffs of flame were combustible elements reacting with oxygen in the air :D
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Aug 2, 2014 12:05 PM

Apr 2014
Finally this too long awful arc is over! But it was still fine arc though.
So we will get Yokohama Disturbance and no Summer Holiday Arc (Filler Arc) huh?
But it also means we will get lots of serious action in the next arc (As the title's arc says) and maybe some back story of Shiba how he became an officer of Elite Force (Military) of Japan.
I really can't wait to see that and I'm looking forward for it next week!

Pknoctis said:

Haters always gonna hate.
Aug 2, 2014 12:06 PM

May 2014

Feb 2014
It was a good episode, Tatsuya defeated the No Head Dragons and dances with all of his harem. The music played during the dance was not bad at all, didn't like the CG very much though.
Looks like this was the end of this arc,in the next episode will begin a new one.

Jun 2014
Oniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-Samaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Overpowered as fuck^999, That magic was too overpowered. Rooting for Tatsuya + Saegusa too :D
Aug 2, 2014 12:07 PM

Apr 2014
eliterodriguez said:

Probably will be in an OVA or Specials.
Aug 2, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2014
Bro, you should change your Thread's tittle on this point, "THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE." To be "The Light Novel Beyond This episode"

They didn't animated the VOL 5 because of the VOL5 itself is a sidestory, and there's no relation to the main story of the series. VOL 5 of light novel could be animated for OVA and OVA is the best adaption we could for the missing VOL 5

The episode is amazing, Beautifully done. I am really glad they can fit everything into 1 episode despite many material were cut off. YES, INDEED THERE ARE MANY CUTS but the recent episode's quality is far beyond my adaption. The annihilation of No Head Dragon, even though there is a mistranslation of the skill that Tatsuya used to vaporized all of his enemies :P

The party's scene is really beautiful, they gave everyone a scene even though only just a passing by scene. I personally love when Tatsuya danced with Saegusa, they would be great for pairing although I doubt it will happen :/

I am satisfied with this episode, great one.

Aug 2, 2014 12:09 PM

May 2014
Rayzer said:
eliterodriguez said:

Probably will be in an OVA or Specials.

I hope
Aug 2, 2014 12:11 PM

Apr 2014
Seiryuu2 said:
[Spoiler]
Bro, you should change your Thread's tittle on this point, "THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE." To be "The Light Novel Beyond This episode"

They didn't animated the VOL 5 because of the VOL5 itself is a sidestory, and there's no relation to the main story of the series. VOL 5 of light novel could be animated for OVA and OVA is the best adaption we could for the missing VOL 5

The episode is amazing, Beautifully done. I am really glad they can fit everything into 1 episode despite many material were cut off. YES, INDEED THERE ARE MANY CUTS but the recent episode's quality is far beyond my adaption. The annihilation of No Head Dragon, even though there is a mistranslation of the skill that Tatsuya used to vaporized all of his enemies :P

The party's scene is really beautiful, they gave everyone a scene even though only just a passing by scene. I personally love when Tatsuya danced with Saegusa, they would be great for pairing although I doubt it will happen :/

[/spoiler]
What are you talking about? Probably you posted this in a wrong thread?
Aug 2, 2014 12:15 PM
Jan 2013
That's it for the nine school competition.

Wow , them no head dragons thugs weren't really using their heads when they mess with Tatsuya, I guess they weren't the "No head Dragons" for nothing, co'z they really have no head to begin with, get it, no head dragons having no head.
Aug 2, 2014 12:16 PM

Apr 2014
great ep

tatsuya killing all the bad guys

wtf with the cgi dancing couples?? why they did that?

suzaku dancing with miyuki while tatsuya dancing with all the girls

and for the last dance miyuki with tatsuya
Aug 2, 2014 12:16 PM

Jul 2014
Rayzer said:
Seiryuu2 said:
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]
What are you talking about? Probably you posted this in a wrong thread?

Look at first page and you will understand my point.
If you dont then
I was reffering into this on the first page

Aug 2, 2014 12:20 PM

Apr 2014
Seiryuu2 said:

If you dont then

That's automatic/default. It can't be change.

Mod Note: Changed. We usually let it slide, but we can change it by mod edit to read "LN" rather than "Manga" particularly when there are both in existence and LN is farther along.
rodacAug 2, 2014 5:46 PM
Aug 2, 2014 12:22 PM

May 2010
I hope Tatsuya's choice of extreme methods and blatant disregard for authority gets used as a plot point in the future. What's to stop him from turning on everyone? Someone ought to make a contingency plan for when that happens.

"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
Aug 2, 2014 12:22 PM
Oct 2012
Now that was the first truly superior episode, with everything firing on all cylinders. Did a great job of explaining both past events and suggestions for the future. Enough action to make the explanations interesting, and enough relevant data about the clans to make what happens next compelling to wait for.
Aug 2, 2014 12:24 PM

Oct 2013
wrenchbread said:
I hope Tatsuya's choice of extreme methods and blatant disregard for authority gets used as a plot point in the future. What's to stop him from turning on everyone? Someone ought to make a contingency plan for when that happens.

"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."

That's why they're banking all their hopes on Miyuki being able to control him. Which works in a sense but he's definitely too much of a wild cannon to be let as loose as he currently is. It becomes an issue in future volumes.
Aug 2, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2014
Rayzer said:
Seiryuu2 said:

If you dont then

That's automatic/default. It can't be change.

Bluntly speaking, i didn't know that. Aside of automatic shit
Now i am worrying how the pace of the storyline will go for this Yokohama's arc

Aug 2, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2010
Tatsuya x Saegusa ~
Aug 2, 2014 12:27 PM

Jun 2013
well. it seems i must read LN yokohama part
Aug 2, 2014 12:27 PM

Nov 2013
I feel like I deserve a prize for getting so far in this series, I fully expect a gold medal delivered to my doorstep by the finale.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 2, 2014 12:29 PM

May 2010
millie10468 said:
That's why they're banking all their hopes on Miyuki being able to control him. Which works in a sense but he's definitely too much of a wild cannon to be let as loose as he currently is. It becomes an issue in future volumes.

I feel the only way to ever redeem his character (even if just a little bit) is that he dies in the end in part as a symbolic passing of an era of magical warfare. He has to atone for his sins and the whole military use of magic has to be upended by the end of the light novels.
Aug 2, 2014 12:33 PM
Jan 2014
Well that sniping magic was sooooo OP ^^ I liked the song and the "harem dance" at the end. Well I guess it's time to start reading the LN.
Aug 2, 2014 12:33 PM

Apr 2014
millie10468 said:

Yes if Miyuki removes the limiter on Tatsuya, his true demonic magic/power would be unleashed.
Aug 2, 2014 12:36 PM

Jun 2013
I know there should preferably be no light novel discussion, but is Yokohama arc a better arc than the national school competition arc? The series itself isn't that bad to watch, so I know I'll finish the series, but I was just wondering what's in store for the next arc. Don't need spoilers, just impressions.
Aug 2, 2014 12:37 PM

Jul 2014
Rayzer said:
millie10468 said:

Yes if Miyuki removes the limiter on Tatsuya, his true demonic magic/power would be unleashed.

Yes he is ._.

pakoko said:
I know there should preferably be no light novel discussion, but is Yokohama arc a better arc than the national school competition arc? The series itself isn't that bad to watch, so I know I'll finish the series, but I was just wondering what's in store for the next arc. Don't need spoilers, just impressions.

Yes it is, Everyone would have their own screening and everyone would give all of their true power and potential
rodacAug 2, 2014 5:48 PM

Aug 2, 2014 12:45 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.Can't wait for next one.
Aug 2, 2014 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
Tatsuya took the No Head Dragon guys out like a badass.
Aug 2, 2014 12:48 PM

May 2014
pakoko said:

mild spoiler without discussing much stuff
[spoiler]

War,action,blood and guts,at least in the 2nd half :)
Aug 2, 2014 12:48 PM

Jan 2013
Nice episode, thought Juumonji and Saegusa were a thing but that got dropped quickly :O
Aug 2, 2014 12:49 PM

Jul 2014

anyway, we already see how "overpowered" tatsuya ist, even ten master clan "next leader" has beaten by him.

juumonji's phalanx is really powerful defence, and his muscle's is too big for high schooler, i think o.0

wow, consequence for beating ichijou is really hard, can't wait what will tatsuya do, will he marry mayumi? hahaha

honoka shyness is really cute :3 and dance episode is really amusing, especially when seeing masaki after he knows that miyuki and tatsuya is sibling haha

and nice touch in the end, when the "siblings" dance in front of fountain with 2nd ED. miyuki's sure know how to save the last dance to her lovely brother haha

love this episode <3
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Aug 2, 2014 12:52 PM
Nov 2013
eliterodriguez said:

Maybe Madhouse is saving that for an OVA episode? Who knows.

NSC arc is over, and a good end to it. I enjoyed most of it but I agree I did lose interest in at times. It was still pretty damn cool though. I loved the dancing scenes, and I realized that Tatsuya's harem is actually pretty big lmao.

New arc next week yay! From the looks of the OP song, it looks like it'll be really awesome.
Aug 2, 2014 12:54 PM

Oct 2013
novian14 said:

anyway, we already see how "overpowered" tatsuya ist, even ten master clan "next leader" has beaten by him.

But considering Tatsuya himself is a member of the 10MC, I wonder if that loss counts.
Aug 2, 2014 12:59 PM

Jul 2013
Episode felt a bit rushed. The scene with No Head Dragon was good but Tatsuya seemed more evil in the LN. He was laughing.

So they're not adapting the 2 chapters from volume 5 then? Not really looking forward to the Yokohama arc. It's going to be extremely rushed.
Aug 2, 2014 1:00 PM

Sep 2013
MOFO SHIBA TASUYA AKA "THE DEMON" XD
DEMON LIGHT WAS SICK, DISGUSTING AND JUST PLAIN NASTY, TURNING THEM INTO LIGHT ITSELF AND HIS SHADES JUST HIGHLIGHTS HIS BADASSNESS HIS EVEN MORE :)
A TACTICAL MISSILE :O JUST SEND HIM IN AND HE WILL WRECK THE PLACE, NO JOKE :(

AND JUUMONJI IS A BEAST, JUST STRAIGHT UP DOMINATING AS HE SHOULD AND THAT'S NOT EVEN HIS FULL POWER :D

Mod Edit: Supersizing and bolding of text removed. Also there is no need to shout.
rodacAug 2, 2014 5:51 PM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.