Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 14, 2014 3:42 PM

Sep 2012
Although I did like JoJo 2012 more stardust crusaders was stilll very enjoyable.
Sep 14, 2014 6:34 PM

Jul 2011
I'm a huge jojo fan, and I do enjoy part 2 more than part 3. (Ive read the first five parts and am on part six, but have not continued part 6 in a long time) Part 3 has always been kind of meh for me. Part 4 is my personal favorite.

However, I love the second have of part 3 a lot more than the huge first half. From when they reach egypt onward, I think it's amazing. Therefore, I think when it starts again in 2015, you will be in for a treat.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2014 6:37 PM

Jan 2013
Part 4 probably wont get animated with part 3's sales.
Sep 14, 2014 6:38 PM

Jul 2011
SolviteSekai said:

Wait, part 3 is not selling very well? I heard someone mention it would be a money maker in japan due to it's popularity. I love part 4, and would love to see it animated. Although I don't think part 4 would do well being animated by the people who animated the first 3 parts, as it has a very different tone.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2014 6:40 PM

Dec 2013
Yep, it's the "villain of the week", generic shonen 'n stuff. I see no problem with the plotholes, though, because explanations never really mattered. It wasn't the point of the show.

Jojo was fun because of the over the top reactions, fights etc, still present in some parts of the show when joseph screams "OHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOO", "OH MY GOD", but this is definetly a huge downgrade compared to the previous part.

And i miss ripple ;(
Sep 14, 2014 6:41 PM

Jul 2013
atmmachine11 said:
SolviteSekai said:

Wait, part 3 is not selling very well? I heard someone mention it would be a money maker in japan due to it's popularity. I love part 4, and would love to see it animated. Although I don't think part 4 would do well being animated by the people who animated the first 3 parts, as it has a very different tone.

I heard that Part 3 hasn't been selling well, but I speculate that's because no one really cares for the earlier part of Stardust Crusaders. The second cour (like with D'Arby, Iggy, and ZA WARUDO) will be sure to print money though because those are what people are waiting for.

At least, that's what I think.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Sep 14, 2014 6:58 PM
Sep 2014
atmmachine11 said:
SolviteSekai said:

Actually part 3 is selling well, just not as good as the first season (which sold 12k, while SC is about 9k) but it is still in the top of the charts compared to other anime of the spring season, icluding NGNL
Sep 14, 2014 7:02 PM

Jul 2011
ak184 said:
atmmachine11 said:

Actually part 3 is selling well, just not as good as the first season (which sold 12k, while SC is about 9k) but it is still in the top of the charts compared to other anime of the spring season, icluding NGNL

JabonHR said:
atmmachine11 said:

I heard that Part 3 hasn't been selling well, but I speculate that's because no one really cares for the earlier part of Stardust Crusaders. The second cour (like with D'Arby, Iggy, and ZA WARUDO) will be sure to print money though because those are what people are waiting for.

At least, that's what I think.

I do believe the second half of part 3 is more exciting. And that's good than. Although, anime never sells that great in general, which sucks. Anime is extremely extensive to make, therefore to try and make at least some profit back, they have to sell it expensively. If I remember correctly, anime in japan is more expensive than it is here. And we thought we had it bad with expensive pricing.
Sep 14, 2014 8:24 PM

Jan 2014
I liked them all the same. Probably just blew a few people's minds. 1=2=3
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 15, 2014 2:53 PM

Jul 2008
I agree.

Part 1 & 2 when taken as a whole is by far superior to part 3 in ways that became increasingly obvious as the anime progressed but I was too caught up in the moment to notice when reading it. I can see now why my ex dropped the manga at part 3 all those years ago, heh.

atmmachine11 said:
I'm a huge jojo fan, and I do enjoy part 2 more than part 3. (Ive read the first five parts and am on part six, but have not continued part 6 in a long time) Part 3 has always been kind of meh for me. Part 4 is my personal favorite.

However, I love the second have of part 3 a lot more than the huge first half. From when they reach egypt onward, I think it's amazing. Therefore, I think when it starts again in 2015, you will be in for a treat.

I personally enjoyed part 2 of the manga the most, followed closely by part 7. It's gold.
Sep 15, 2014 10:40 PM

Jan 2013
I'd say I like part 2 slightly better than part 3, mainly due to Joseph being so awesome there. Part 3 has some great humor though.

I'm always amazed at how people seem to favor part 4. I'm almost done with it, and I must say, it's just an ok read. It feels slice-of-life-y and none of the characters are all that interesting or entertaining other than Kira.
Salmon is delicious.
Sep 15, 2014 10:41 PM
Oct 2012
I agree...
Season one was just so manly that it was awesome, but second season feels like it is trying to copy the manliness of season one.
Sep 15, 2014 10:45 PM

Apr 2014
Exaccus said:
I'd say I like part 2 slightly better than part 3, mainly due to Joseph being so awesome there. Part 3 has some great humor though.

I'm always amazed at how people seem to favor part 4. I'm almost done with it, and I must say, it's just an ok read. It feels slice-of-life-y and none of the characters are all that interesting or entertaining other than Kira.
HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE JOSUKE THAT FUCKING HAIR
Sep 16, 2014 8:33 AM

Jan 2010
It was alright, though I liked season 1 (especially Battle tendency) much more. Crusaders had some awesome scenes too, but I was kinda annoyed at the parts where it turned into a high school geography lesson or where they explained trivial shit (like scuba diving). It's like Araki suddenly wanted to target the teenage audience more, or just educate people about stuff.
BoltzSep 16, 2014 8:47 AM
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Sep 16, 2014 12:04 PM
Dec 2013
Exaccus said:
It feels slice-of-life-y and none of the characters are all that interesting or entertaining other than Kira.

Rohan would like to have a word with you.
Sep 16, 2014 12:22 PM

Jun 2009
sjack said:
Exaccus said:
It feels slice-of-life-y and none of the characters are all that interesting or entertaining other than Kira.

Pretty much the entire fucking cast, you mean.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 16, 2014 3:39 PM

Jul 2013
RedRoseFring said:
I liked them all the same. Probably just blew a few people's minds. 1=2=3

Seconded.
Sep 17, 2014 12:09 PM
Dec 2013
insan3soldiern said:
sjack said:

Pretty much the entire fucking cast, you mean.

You're not wrong
Sep 17, 2014 9:11 PM

Jan 2014
Maybe for season 3, we'll
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 19, 2014 10:59 AM
Dec 2013
RedRoseFring said:
Maybe for season 3, we'll

thank you...

just...thank you
Sep 25, 2014 7:26 AM

Jul 2014
Stardust Crusaders is a bit of the testing ground for Araki to write for Stand battles, so it's a little rough around the edges. That being said, I feel like the cast is entertaining enough, though I definitely feel like more character development would be in order.

If I had to rank my favorite Jojo Arcs, I'd say:

Diamond is Unbreakable > Stone Ocean > Steel Ball Run > Battle Tendency > Stardust Crusaders = Vento Aureo > Phantom Blood
Nov 17, 2014 7:40 AM

Jan 2012
Faaarr. I just finished watching this... what a cock tease! They didn't even get into Egypt!!! Now I'd have to wait til 2015 ends before this wraps up?? Oh my gosh.

Well at least Jojo and crew found some brains half way and took a plane finally.
Nov 17, 2014 8:04 AM

Apr 2014
Iro said:
Faaarr. I just finished watching this... what a cock tease! They didn't even get into Egypt!!! Now I'd have to wait til 2015 ends before this wraps up?? Oh my gosh.

Well at least Jojo and crew found some brains half way and took a plane finally.

1. They aren't taking a plane.
2. They have a pretty good reason for not taking a plane to Egypt. Stop acting like they're stupid for not taking a plane.

Nov 17, 2014 8:21 AM

Jan 2012
Lol dude you like dragon age 2? That dumb down EA pos? No wonder you can't tell the difference between good plot and not.
Nov 17, 2014 12:20 PM

Apr 2014
Iro said:
Lol dude you like dragon age 2? That dumb down EA pos? No wonder you can't tell the difference between good plot and not.

My username has nothing to do with anything.

Thank you for proving that you only focus on small details/things that have already been explained and cannot focus on whats important.

Nov 17, 2014 2:05 PM

Jul 2013
Dragonage2ftw said:
Iro said:

Thank you for proving that you only focus on small details/things that have already been explained and cannot focus on whats important.

it's what people do when they don't want to admit they're wrong
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Nov 18, 2014 8:02 AM

Apr 2014
JabonHR said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

^This.

Nov 18, 2014 1:12 PM

Nov 2011
JabonHR said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

^This.
Feb 27, 2015 12:04 PM

Jan 2012
Dragonage2ftw said:
Iro said:

My point is the plot was generic, writing was full of plotholes and Dragon Age 2 was a POS. Since you seemed to like DA2 so much, it was the perfect analogy.

Dragon Age 2 = lame dumbed down version of Dragon Age 1
Jojo S2 = lamer dumbed down version of Jojo S1

I'm surprised so many people are defending S2, given with the end it turned out to be essentially just a massive filler for S3.

IroFeb 27, 2015 12:09 PM
Mar 3, 2015 9:59 AM

Apr 2014
Iro said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

My point is the plot was generic, writing was full of plotholes and Dragon Age 2 was a POS. Since you seemed to like DA2 so much, it was the perfect analogy.

I'm surprised so many people are defending S2, given with the end it turned out to be essentially just a massive filler for S3.

1. People defend this season because the "flaws" that you pointed out are essentially non existent.
2. Again, liking DA2 has nothing to do with anything, analogy or not.

Mar 6, 2015 1:14 PM

Jun 2013
Iro said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

Yes, in the end JoJo SC sucks because it isn't set in highschool and Jotaro isn't surrounded by girls who want his cock so it could be awesome like Mirai Shitty which you gave a fucking 10 despite how terrible and dumb it was
it's mostly because of people like you we get something awesome every 10 years and brainless harem shows every 5 mins.
Mar 6, 2015 8:56 PM

Jan 2012
Dragonage2ftw said:
1. People defend this season because the "flaws" that you pointed out are essentially non existent.

I've outlined exactly why Season 2 was crap in my first post, if you want to, go ahead and try to refute point by point how the stuff I wrote (going by land like an idiot, monster of the week, pussified Joseph) "didn't exist".

The fact is, you don't mind it because you like the writing been dumbing down, just like in DA2. Complicated thinking and plotlines that last more 1 episode makes your head hurt right?

ThEoNePugNA said:

Yes, in the end JoJo SC sucks because it isn't set in highschool and Jotaro isn't surrounded by girls who want his cock so it could be awesome like Mirai Shitty which you gave a fucking 10 despite how terrible and dumb it was
it's mostly because of people like you we get something awesome every 10 years and brainless harem shows every 5 mins.

Rofl what show were you watching? Are you braindead? If so, no wonder, go fire up episode 1 and tell me Jotaro wasn't surrounded by girls who want to suck his cock.

And you want to say Mirrai Nikki is a harem? Its not even in the same genre, get a clue. I doubt you even know what a harem means.

IroMar 6, 2015 10:00 PM
Mar 8, 2015 9:27 AM
Jun 2014
Iro said:

I've outlined exactly why Season 2 was crap in my first post, if you want to, go ahead and try to refute point by point how the stuff I wrote (going by land like an idiot, monster of the week, pussified Joseph) "didn't exist".

While going by land was explained with them not wanting to hurt too many civilians, I agree they could have just taken a plane. They did take one anyway, and I think they could have done so sooner.

Being epsiodic doesn't mean it's inherently bad. And Joseph is not ''pussified'', he is actually exactly the same as he was in part 2, only 50 years older.

As for the writing, it hasn't been dumbed down at all. In fact, the writing is exactly the same. And it certainly is much better than that of Sword art online, which you've rated a 10. Don't even talk about writing when you have no idea what it means.
Mar 18, 2015 7:01 AM

Apr 2014
Iro said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

The fact is, you don't mind it because you like the writing been dumbing down, just like in DA2. Complicated thinking and plotlines that last more 1 episode makes your head hurt right?

ThEoNePugNA said:

Rofl what show were you watching? Are you braindead? If so, no wonder, go fire up episode 1 and tell me Jotaro wasn't surrounded by girls who want to suck his cock.

And you want to say Mirrai Nikki is a harem? Its not even in the same genre, get a clue. I doubt you even know what a harem means.

1. Several people and I have already talked about how your initial complaints are not legitimate.
2. Resorting to ad hominem won't win you any arguments.

Mar 18, 2015 7:02 AM

Apr 2014
Saandro said:
Iro said:

While going by land was explained with them not wanting to hurt too many civilians, I agree they could have just taken a plane. They did take one anyway, and I think they could have done so sooner.

Being epsiodic doesn't mean it's inherently bad. And Joseph is not ''pussified'', he is actually exactly the same as he was in part 2, only 50 years older.

As for the writing, it hasn't been dumbed down at all. In fact, the writing is exactly the same. And it certainly is much better than that of Sword art online, which you've rated a 10. Don't even talk about writing when you have no idea what it means.

^This.

Mar 20, 2015 9:29 PM

Jan 2012
SAO is literally light years better than season 2. Season 1 could comparatively go against this with its witty humour and decent villians but season 2 is just generic monster of the week trash. SAO had a thrilling storyline that had tension, high stakes, betrayal and one of the best romance chemistries between mcs I've seen in an anime. It was well executed, had good planning and a bad ass mc who knew how to think.

In contrast season 2 was just a lazy meadering filler series that had no tension and didn't resolve. Case in point, Jojo's mother was dying from her stand and what does Jojo do? That dumbass, rather than take a plane that would of ended the trip to Egypt in a few hours, they spent MONTHS meandering around asia and middle east riding camels, cracking jokes. That's the attitude the writers had, totally destroying any urgency and tension they had in the series.

Rather than just saying season 2 was better than SAO, actually make an argument with examples why it was so good. But what's that you can't? Then you have obviously have no clue just like the other poster that couldn't even tell what happened in the first episode.
Mar 21, 2015 9:17 AM

Nov 2011
Why the heck are you people comparing Jojo to Sword Art Online? @_@
Mar 24, 2015 9:11 AM

Apr 2014
Iro said:
SAO is literally light years better than season 2. Season 1 could comparatively go against this with its witty humour and decent villians but season 2 is just generic monster of the week trash. SAO had a thrilling storyline that had tension, high stakes, betrayal and one of the best romance chemistries between mcs I've seen in an anime. It was well executed, had good planning and a bad ass mc who knew how to think.

In contrast season 2 was just a lazy meadering filler series that had no tension and didn't resolve. Case in point, Jojo's mother was dying from her stand and what does Jojo do? That dumbass, rather than take a plane that would of ended the trip to Egypt in a few hours, they spent MONTHS meandering around asia and middle east riding camels, cracking jokes. That's the attitude the writers had, totally destroying any urgency and tension they had in the series.

Rather than just saying season 2 was better than SAO, actually make an argument with examples why it was so good. But what's that you can't? Then you have obviously have no clue just like the other poster that couldn't even tell what happened in the first episode.

We already told you this- THEY AREN'T TAKING A PLANE BECAUSE THEY'D BE PUTTING INNOCENT PEOPLE IN DANGER IF THEY DID.
THEY MADE IT CLEAR THAT HOLLY HAS ONE MONTH BEFORE SHE DIES.
PAY ATTENTION TO THE SHOW THAT YOU ARE CRITICIZING.

Also, Stardust Crusaders isn't even done yet. The whole point of season 2 is that it was supposed to be an experiment of what the writer could do with stands.
Also, that other poster's point still stands. While they did show that Jotaro is surrounded by girls that like him, this was only shown for 10 seconds before they decided to change the setting.

Educate yourself. Please.

Mar 30, 2015 11:44 AM

Feb 2013
^Should've let this thread go under. I wouldn't have read that cancerous post if you hadn't bumped it
Apr 1, 2015 6:50 AM

Apr 2014
gedata said:
^Should've let this thread go under. I wouldn't have read that cancerous post if you hadn't bumped it

Well, someone has to fight stupidity.

Apr 1, 2015 6:51 AM

Dec 2012
obligatory reminder that

Part 3 >>>>>>> Part 2
Jotaro >>>>>>> Joseph
Jul 31, 2019 1:35 PM

Apr 2014
“I read somewhere stardust crusaders was the most popular in Japan because Jotaro was the first Japanese jojo or something. Lol.”

And wherever you read that was wrong.

The part is popular because it changed manga forever.

Jul 31, 2019 2:08 PM

Apr 2014
clippert0n said:
I have to agree, Part 2 really takes the cake for me and Part 3 has been pretty disappointing, still good but I was seriously hyped after part 2 and it's kind of been a let down so far.

None of the characters stand out in any way at all, I get that Jotaro is supposed to be a calm, cool, quiet badass but I really need some characterization other than him glaring and mumbling "yare yare daze", and Joseph is a sad watered down husk of what I loved in part 2, his main form of comedy seems to be shouting random english phrases in broken english (which worked a little better with sugita, not so much with whoever this VA is). Sometimes the characters show some bright spots, but it's not consistent enough to the point where I feel like they have their own distinct personalities.

People can complain that part 2 had some major asspulls in the story, but I enjoyed those asspulls with some sense of wit over Jotaro's stand being so OP that it starts to sound like something a 7 year old would come up with and isn't satisfying to watch at all.
Also lol at the person who said that Joseph being able to fly a plane and surviving the end of part 2 broke his immersion, that's what did it? really? What show did you think you were watching for the previous 23 episodes?

The Stand fights have more strategy.

Jotaro hasn’t won by being “OP” at all.

Sep 28, 2019 8:42 AM
Sep 2019
does season 1 mean part 2?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - May 9, 2014

167 by fgowy »»
Apr 13, 11:37 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

159 by HilariousPerson »»
Apr 9, 8:34 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akanezora - Sep 12, 2014

276 by Will_Keisuke_ »»
Mar 27, 6:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2014

217 by OVERJRIVE »»
Jan 23, 5:29 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

231 by ymanaslya »»
Jan 20, 11:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.