Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 16, 2009 10:50 AM

Apr 2008
hmmmm, i thought the OP would have something to do with that beat they played on ep.1 title and Hei appearance time. pity it didn't...

but more importantly...

YIIIIIIIIIIN!!NOOOOOOO!! COME BAAAAAACK! *waaaaah*
Oct 16, 2009 10:52 AM

Nov 2008
Great episode. Hei is just so cool and Suou Is great too. Can't wait to see Suou in action too. And I hope we'll see more Yin.
Tosi ystävyys ei jäädy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Oct 16, 2009 11:00 AM

May 2009
Another good ep, Shizume is pretty badass as she fought on par with Hei but what the hell did she do to him at the end? Suou, seriously with the tank destroying gun? It's going to be awesome watching her wield that massive thing. Hei totally destroyed August too in a take-your-magic-and-shove-it manner.

This Fairy Tale Is Ending
Oct 16, 2009 11:17 AM

Jun 2008
NO YIN !!!!!!! Please !!!! It can't be truth !!!! Everyone, but not her !!!! NOoooooooooooo! TT.TT
jolecOct 16, 2009 1:19 PM
Oct 16, 2009 11:19 AM

Apr 2009
OP song = awesome.

Nikaaaaa, yusss x3 I was hoping he'd come back. Though I also hope there'll be no stupid Token Romance involving Suou and Nika...
Haha, I wish we could've seen Hei's face when he realised (cough) that it's a girl he's patting down xD

Animation, though...looked a bit off, for example when Hei was running to Yin.
Magician is dead? D: Nooo, I liked him...
And...lol, how about Hei's contractor powers disappearing/transferring to Suou due to the meteor fragment's power? Ahaha.

Kirihara...obsession, much? XD Get a life, girl.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 16, 2009 11:23 AM

Sep 2009
jolec said:
NO YIN !!!!!!! Please !!!! I can't be truth !!!! Everyone, but not her !!!! NOoooooooooooo! TT.TT

nope she doesnt die....keep ur hopes up....hei wont let her die..he will do something for sure.....we shall pray to all the gods now...hindu gods r enough there like million...he he..
Oct 16, 2009 11:25 AM

Oct 2007
This is somehow remind me of Ga-Rei Zero.

It is kind of interesting episode with a lot of nice action but at the same time it doesn't really tell anything much about the story. After this episode, it really makes me want to see the 4 OVA about the story between the first and second season.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 16, 2009 11:30 AM

Sep 2009
Siva said:
This is somehow remind me of Ga-Rei Zero.

It is kind of interesting episode with a lot of nice action but at the same time it doesn't really tell anything much about the story. After this episode, it really makes me want to see the 4 OVA about the story between the first and second season.

wait the ova covers up the story between the seasons??? ....they must have showed the whole yin and hei dying thing....damn want to watch it too now...most prob subs not out..
Oct 16, 2009 11:32 AM

Apr 2008
Misakiiiiiiiiiii! Yes!
I didn't like that ninja girl, or whatever power she had. Well, I didn't hate her, but I found the magician to be cooler. His cost was funny.

Cool OP/ED. ^^
Oct 16, 2009 11:35 AM

Apr 2009
another great episode, only wish they'd carry it to 26 episodes instead of just 12 =[

best show this season, wewt.
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for. Honestly.
Oct 16, 2009 11:36 AM

Feb 2009
Grrrr...awesome episode.Great fights and cool new contractors,but...is it just me or Hei`s alcoholic now?
And the end was very disturbing too...cant wait the next friday :X

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Oct 16, 2009 12:00 PM

Jul 2009
Damn Good Episode And The Opening Is Kick Ass
Oct 16, 2009 12:07 PM

Mar 2009
simply awesome, a very strong 9 so far
Oct 16, 2009 12:07 PM

Apr 2007
Ew. I don't like August. Though if he's really dead then I'll be a little disappointed with how fast they're killing off characters. And it looks like I might have been right about Mao being in Suou's squirrel :D Too bad it's not as cute and funny as a cat.

Anyway this was an interesting episode. I really want to know what happened to Yin :<
The new OP is okay, I like the ED a bit more.
Oct 16, 2009 12:09 PM

Oct 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
francismeunier said:
vinesage said:
I somehow get the feeling both Hei and Yin are going to die before this season ends...

ps: Is Hei looking for meteor core to bring Yin back, somehow?

I hope they don't do that. Also after seeing it again, is Hei lying about the professor to that guy from the CIA? Hei said that the professor was already dead but it looked Hei killed him. Why would he lie? Suous poster thing was brilliant! "The worst lowlife on Earth is on the run for taking my sister's chastity and her savings" Talk about something. Russian names: Kozlov, interesting add ons. I suppose they were about to erase Nika's memory those guys. Hazuki must have it though with her payment.
Have real bad feeling for next episode about Tanya and Nika Lobanov. They might die and more character might come in but I like their innocence. This will suck when it happens. The battles of Hei against Hazuki and August 07 were great like season 1. That is a good thing at least.

Linalee-Stratos said:
wats uo with the whole yin dead thing...she didnt die did she????? if they kill her i swear i @##@#****###.................

Yeah me too I will be sad if she is killed off. If you look at my profile the club banner of Yin and Hei looks so cute it would be pity. I hope Yin comes back.
Linalee-Stratos said:
its the CIA ppl searching for the meteor thing rite...and the star thing falling must mean heis not a contractor anymore...he for sure lost his power.....must prob the meteor core will give back his power later in the show...because they cant just banish the main humans character can they....
I hope more that the meteor core can bring Yin back but Hei's powers gone is still hard for me to swallow. I have no way to know how did it happen other than the mine thing that zapped his power.
Linalee-Stratos said:
most probably tanya is goin to die...now or later...suou might save nika with heis help in the next ep...
wanted to see heis face when suou called him a pervert...but the mask thing just got irritating....wanted to see the reaction real bad...it must have been funny....
I don't want Tanya to die and Nika either but maybe Nika is going to be with Suou but it might they both die like lovers sometimes do. I feel lots of emotions coming in #3.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 16, 2009 12:31 PM

Jun 2007
Jigoku-n3ko said:
hmmmm, i thought the OP would have something to do with that beat they played on ep.1 title and Hei appearance time. pity it didn't...

Yeah where did that beat go? D: I liked the OP thou

Good episode. Hope August isn't dead yet.
Oct 16, 2009 12:40 PM

Oct 2008
Linalee-Stratos said:
Tsuki-no-Hikari said:
Hei's so ugly. >_> And Yin's so beautiful~ <333

it must be a sin to call hei ugly....

But he needs to shave and cut his hair. ;_;

Oct 16, 2009 12:42 PM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
its the CIA ppl searching for the meteor thing rite...and the star thing falling must mean heis not a contractor anymore...he for sure lost his power.....must prob the meteor core will give back his power later in the show...because they cant just banish the main humans character can they....
I hope more that the meteor core can bring Yin back but Hei's powers gone is still hard for me to swallow. I have no way to know how did it happen other than the mine thing that zapped his power.

Well, first of all, the power wasn't actually his to begin with, but anyway, that's of little matter I suppose.

Linalee-Stratos said:
wanted to see heis face when suou called him a pervert...

He wouldn't get much of a surprise now, would he? Since he's a contractor and all .. But oh well, guess he would've felt something similar to surprise when realizing that it was Suou and not Shion
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 16, 2009 12:57 PM

May 2009
i watched the episode and it seem like it only lasted 5min :(
I`M A MURDERER
Oct 16, 2009 12:58 PM

Mar 2009
This show is definitely the BEST one this season!

Didn't really expect to see the magician dead already.

I'm so curious about what happened to Yin.
Oct 16, 2009 1:10 PM

Jul 2008
wow hei is just kicking ass all over, but i wonder what happened to yin? and what are those devices that are trapping him? and what is this? his star disappeared?! thats not good
and suou keeps getting mistaken for her brother, thats why shes in so much trouble
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 16, 2009 1:11 PM

Feb 2009
You do know Hei has never been a real contractor, right? He never lost his human emotions.
Oct 16, 2009 1:27 PM

Jun 2008
Yeah Hei is not a contractor, that's why I'm wondering what is going on with that disappearing star... Maybe it was Yin or smth ? I don't know, I need to re-watch 1st season...

But nooo,no,no and no again !!!! Yin must be alive. DTB without Yin is not a DTB TT.TT

It would be too stupid... they can't kill her !
Oct 16, 2009 1:36 PM

Jul 2008
So many new faces. Hei is a badass although I'm going to miss Li Shun Seung.
Oct 16, 2009 1:41 PM

Oct 2008
jolec said:
Yeah Hei is not a contractor, that's why I'm wondering what is going on with that disappearing star... Maybe it was Yin or smth ? I don't know, I need to re-watch 1st season...

Well, he had the powers of a contractor. And his Messier Code was BK-201. Kirihara stated the star was BK-201. He's probably lost his powers or something similar now.

It's all assumptions and theories right now, so we'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

Oct 16, 2009 1:50 PM
Apr 2009
As great as this episode is...I am quite sure many would agree that the series is not going to be at it's greatest unless they stitch season 1 and 2 together.....none the less the story is very interesting and this episode was just awesome...

Hope Hei gets a hair cut soon lol
Oct 16, 2009 1:53 PM

Jan 2009
I notice alot of people mentioning Hei's hair.. I think it's pretty fine like that, although I think he should shave instead, it does not suit him to have some hair on his chin xD
Besides, his slightly longer hair makes him look even more ruthless, which in his case adds to his cool-factor x)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 16, 2009 2:06 PM

May 2009
On wikipedia its says that the show has 16 episode :|
I`M A MURDERER
Oct 16, 2009 2:19 PM

Feb 2009
Wow, all the old characters seem to have dissapeared, aobviously something has happened with Hei, hope that gets explained soon, as there is a lot of confusion surrounding the anime already. I guess the only significance of the little girl is the meteor fragment, but why does Hei want it??? I liked the episode, it was surreal, the action was brilliant, especially the second fight, I love Bones and their animation, great studio.
Oct 16, 2009 2:42 PM

Oct 2009
Amazing episode! The fights were brilliantly constructed. I just wish Hei wasn't so good at killing people so the fights can be a little longer XD

Couple of questions and expressions
1. Everyone is looking for Shion, right? and they think Suou is Shion, right? Why does eveyone greet "Shion" by saying honey?
2. Sexy lesbian character! yay!
3. Hei also thought Suou was Shion, right? Why did he ask "Shion" to blow him? And when he felt a boob, he immediately jumped away. Is Hei....
4. I think they might be experimenting on Tanya. She could come out later as a transforming contractor with mini guns on her shoulder o_0
5. So it seems that there has been a transfer of power between Hei and Suou. Loli girl who has super powers and knows how to use a gun? WTH bones! horny teenage boys are not your only audience!
6. Misaki! yay!
7. did they say something about using April's brain for something? Like ghost in the shell? We can haz robo april nao?

that is all. Next friday is too far away!
Oct 16, 2009 2:45 PM

Jul 2009
As mentioned by some Hei isn't a real contractor. His powers come by using his sister's contract & he doesn't pay a price because:
1) It isn't HIS contract.
OR
2) Pai has lost her material body (Like Mao) & thus her contract doesn't require a renumeration anymore.

Hei's contractor like attitude is a result of his working as the "Black Reaper". So, his feelins are the same regardless of whether or not he has his contract.

PLEASE TELL ME YIN IS NOT DEAD!!!
I hope she's just be succked into some space created by a meteor core & Hei should be able to get her back using his power on a meteor core. Afterall he DOES have the power to create regions like dead zones if certain requirements are met.

Also the "Star" DISSAPEARED, it did not FALL, meaning Hei's powers are gone for the time being, he DEFINITELY isn't dead. (They show him in the next episode).

Hopefully, if the story ever requires for Suou to choose b/w her brother & Hei, she should side with Hei.

Seems like Hei was telling the truth about the professor already being dead when he arrived. (July says that Hei was the only one in the room - This happened before Suou heard the voices). Also this might mean that Shion has the power to affect people's brains (Cause delusions, communicate telepathically, steal information & even kill without any physical damage).

The Woman in black probably has the ability to alter molecular density of wood (Making it harder/sharper & phasing through trees).
Oct 16, 2009 2:51 PM

Sep 2009
ill be angry if yin is gone for good. it makes me sad. well kinda cool that Hei's star disappeared; it didnt fall from the sky. the fights are awsome too, but man contractors are dying like flies in this season! great fun, im very excited for how this will all unfold.

Edit: ooh looks like Evilincarnate beat me to the "star disappeared, didnt fall" thing first
Oct 16, 2009 3:07 PM

Dec 2008
Awesome episode. :D I hope this series will be as cool as I expect.
I really like all the new characters. Suou is so cute <3 & for now August 7 is the best of the new contractors, in my opinion.
I think this season will be really different from the previous one D:' & I agree, I preferred it when it was Hei-centric.
I personally like the OP song & the ED too, they're cool. :D
Oct 16, 2009 3:13 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Mind-blowing episode. Might surpass the first season easily if it continues like this.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 16, 2009 3:14 PM

Jan 2009
Racu said:

I lol'd
No but really, wikipedia is usually not a source to be trusted unless there are reliable references for the information given
Oct 16, 2009 3:26 PM

Feb 2009
Bun-bay said:
Amazing episode! The fights were brilliantly constructed. I just wish Hei wasn't so good at killing people so the fights can be a little longer XD

Couple of questions and expressions
1. Everyone is looking for Shion, right? and they think Suou is Shion, right? Why does eveyone greet "Shion" by saying honey?
2. Sexy lesbian character! yay!
3. Hei also thought Suou was Shion, right? Why did he ask "Shion" to blow him? And when he felt a boob, he immediately jumped away. Is Hei....
4. I think they might be experimenting on Tanya. She could come out later as a transforming contractor with mini guns on her shoulder o_0
5. So it seems that there has been a transfer of power between Hei and Suou. Loli girl who has super powers and knows how to use a gun? WTH bones! horny teenage boys are not your only audience!
6. Misaki! yay!
7. did they say something about using April's brain for something? Like ghost in the shell? We can haz robo april nao?

that is all. Next friday is too far away!

It was basically the translators messing around... -__- (AoShen was their name?)

1. They just kept adding honey, the characters didn't say that.
3. Hei did not ask for that... he asked for the meteor fragment.
7. Ahhhh, I had to listen to it several times because the subs were pretty bad. I believe they use the ME Squeezer to harvest memories (this is my assumption). Basically the guy says to put the bodies in the ME squeezer while they're still fresh (referring to the dead contractor) and then says of course his brain too because it's a great asset - I'm guessing he's referring to the professor here, because while he's not a contractor he could hold valuable information. I'm assuming they're harvesting their memories because when they used the term ME before it was always to do with memory erasing, so maybe the ME squeezer, 'squeezes' memories out of dead people's head. Although this would probably be impossible if the head was damaged.

Oh and while we're on the subbing the magician did _not_ say I'm putting on my robe and wizard hat. They're even using internet memes now...

Liked the episode btw. =) The opening as well, it seems to fit the travelling theme.

Oosran said:
Racu said:

I lol'd
No but really, wikipedia is usually not a source to be trusted unless there are reliable references for the information given

I think 16 is correct. 12 episodes that we're going to see and the 4 OVAs that are supposedly only appearing on the DVD/blueray when it comes out. The OVA is supposed to link season 1 + 2 together, probably where you get to see what really happens to Yin. While the two are kind of seperate they're both under the Ryuusei no Gemini part so I guess they added them together to make 16.
kittybellOct 16, 2009 3:32 PM
Oct 16, 2009 3:26 PM
Oct 2009
well i liked the episode showing the new contractors powers, im happy that mao is still alive i was devastated at the end of last series when i thought he had died, it must be because that his power was to shift his soul to another body and when the cats body died his soul left it and found the nearest animal body.

has anyone else noticed the change from obeisance to something else.
im not fussed about yin tbh however i feel sorry that hei is all alone.
and perhaps yin has been captured by the cia and that is y hei is working for them because i could have sworn that at the end of the last series he didn't intend 2 side with anyone.

i also think the star thing at the end was something 2 do with pai because she is somehow linked 2 the meteor fragments hei's powers origonally hers have some sort of connection and is it me or is that meteor fragment more amber coloured then the previous 1
Oct 16, 2009 3:28 PM

Jul 2008
I lol'd

^This
Oct 16, 2009 3:35 PM

May 2007
Great episode. At first, I was a little hesitant on this completely new angle and story they seemed to introduce, but the plot is definitely thickening nicely. Seems like Yin died (*tear*) but can't wait to see what happens to Hei with this attack and if he and Suou end up getting along and work towards a common goal.
Oct 16, 2009 3:37 PM

Jul 2009
I might be mistaken here but didn't Hei get his powers from his sister or something? Perhaps thats why he's not a true contractor?

Guess they don't make MI6 agents as November 11 anymore do they xD?
Oct 16, 2009 4:06 PM

Nov 2007
Wonder what happened at the end there. Nostalgia of memories.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 16, 2009 4:10 PM

May 2009
Another great episode. Lots of action and stuff going on, with many cool characters being introduced.
I like the OP song but the visuals were quite boring, needed a lot more action in my opinion, but it was still nice.
Love the ED though, abingdon boys school never disappoint and the visuals were superb.
I like Hei's bum look and his long hair. He looks badass.
And the magician contractor was awesome.

I want more!
Oct 16, 2009 5:30 PM

Apr 2009
I have a theory!!!! Whether you like hobo hei or not is dependent on gender!

if you are a woman, you probably do not like hobo hei
if you are a man, you probably like hobo hei

....also the episode was awesome as hell
Oct 16, 2009 5:44 PM

Apr 2009
With the fact that when stars fall, contractors die, it is an easy assumption to see that Hei lost his powers since the star just disappeared. I find it weird that that sword girl was able to plant those underground electric things right where Hei would be. Hei can probably defeat his opponents without powers, but losing his powers probably relates to him losing Yin, or something else.

the new opening was ok, but not s good as the first seasons's second opening.
Oct 16, 2009 5:56 PM

Feb 2009
Amazing episode. Love the opening and ending songs. Hei is an alcoholic now?! Yin is gone?! She seems to be trapped in another world or something. Can't wait for the next episode.

Oct 16, 2009 6:07 PM

Sep 2009
Another great episode for the second season. Opening is great stuff. They really left us with a lot of questions by the end... man I'm craving more episodes. It's too bad Hei is all depressed, it's gotta be over Yin who's mysteriously gone. There's some really nice abilities as well as odd renumerations this time around, how exiting! If the barrier Hei was caught in causes him to lose his ability or something, I'm going to freak out.

I want to see Suou shoot some stuff. Maybe like all those bad guys that keep mistaking her for her brother. Hei doesn't even realize it's Suou and not Shion until he frisks her and she freaks out, lol. People in this anime must be awful at determining genders.
Oct 16, 2009 6:20 PM
Oct 2009
Nice episode. I wonder what happened to Yin...and to Hei. He looks cool with long hair, though.
Can't wait for the next episode...7 days seem too long.
Oct 16, 2009 6:37 PM

Feb 2009
Hobo Hei reminds me of me when I don't shave my face... >_>

Awesome episode, left me wanting MOAR! I want to know what happened with Yin :(
Oct 16, 2009 6:58 PM
Nov 2008
Awesome episode.

Hei vs. August 7th was amazing. =)
Oct 16, 2009 7:11 PM

Jun 2008
Racu said:
Hei never was a contractor did you forget ...he has emotions and doesnt have remuneration like other contractors he`s special :D

I think he has a remuneration. Eating a huge meal.

Also after seeing the episode a second time i realized that the guy who turned in to a rock man knew she was a girl and also the last scene seems like Hei shared some memories with Suou. I could be wrong but it gave me that impression.
MonadOct 16, 2009 7:54 PM
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.