Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 16, 2009 7:16 AM

Jul 2009
they finally made hei's bulletproof coat useful here? correct me if im wrong but wasnt it only used once in the first season?

hmm hei's with the cia huh
Oct 16, 2009 7:28 AM
Dec 2008
vinesage said:

I thought its very clearly suggested that Shion killed his own father.

ps:he also gave his sister his jacket so that everyone will be after suou while he runs away quietly.

after re-watching ep 1. I cay say that the person Hei fried was Suou and Shion's father

mrjiggles said:
they finally made hei's bulletproof coat useful here? correct me if im wrong but wasnt it only used once in the first season?

yes. I rarely saw that coat used in the previous season. Glad they utilized the his coat here.
Oct 16, 2009 7:40 AM

Dec 2008
I want his coat.
Oct 16, 2009 7:44 AM

Oct 2009
vinesage said:
francismeunier said:
vinesage said:
I somehow get the feeling both Hei and Yin are going to die before this season ends...

ps: Is Hei looking for meteor core to bring Yin back, somehow?

I hope they don't do that. Also after seeing it again, is Hei lying about the professor to that guy from the CIA? Hei said that the professor was already dead but it looked Hei killed him. Why would he lie? Suous poster thing was brilliant! "The worst lowlife on Earth is on the run for taking my sister's chastity and her savings" Talk about something. Russian names: Kozlov, interesting add ons. I suppose they were about to erase Nika's memory those guys. Hazuki must have it though with her payment.
Have real bad feeling for next episode about Tanya and Nika Lobanov. They might die and more character might come in but I like their innocence. This will suck when it happens. The battles of Hei against Hazuki and August 07 were great like season 1. That is a good thing at least.

ps:he also gave his sister his jacket so that everyone will be after suou while he runs away quietly.

Oh O_O Really? So then Shion has some sort of electrical power as a contractor like Hei? I did not think of it as that way nor thought so. Even so why would he kill his father? Just because he did not tell him about the meteor core. That would be foolish of him unless he knows something about the core that will be revealed but Hei also knows it then. Interesting info, I should check the 1st episode again.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 16, 2009 7:49 AM
Dec 2008
lol. if you look closely, The professor that Hei fried was Suou and Shion's old man. No way Shion could have done that, and I don't think there's a reason for him to do that 0_o
Oct 16, 2009 8:19 AM

Aug 2008
Hei's so ugly. >_> And Yin's so beautiful~ <333
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2009 8:24 AM

Oct 2009
OftheFlesh said:
lol. if you look closely, The professor that Hei fried was Suou and Shion's old man. No way Shion could have done that, and I don't think there's a reason for him to do that 0_o

That's what I though so then Hei is lying to the one who hired him.

Oct 16, 2009 8:26 AM

Jul 2009
OftheFlesh said:
vinesage said:

after re-watching ep 1. I cay say that the person Hei fried was Suou and Shion's father
Hei said: when he arrived, the professor was dead already. If you consider this to be true for one second, then a lot more thing would make sense.

The scene where you "see" Hei killed the professor was not what you see directly, but you only heard the voices.
Suou entered that room only 2 seconds after she heard the electric shock but there was no one there, no Hei anywhere or any escaping sound. Why would Hei ran away when "Shion"(Hei and even April thought Suou was Shion at that point) was right there? why didnt he just take the fake Shion with him? He didnt notice because he escaped too fast?
Thats obvious not the case.
Even though we still dont know what Shion's ability really is, we do know he can "talk" inside Suou's head.
Lets consider Shion can produce delusions (or voices or whatever), that would mean the voices Suou heard were makeup and the father was already dead when Suou heard Hei's voice, that would also explain why Hei wasnt there when Suou entered (refer to what Hei said himself), that would as well fit what July told April that he saw an Asian in the room, but didnt mention the professor a few while before.
But the most obvious thing of all was, theres absolutely no need for Hei to lie about professor's death at all~
vinesageOct 16, 2009 8:31 AM
Oct 16, 2009 8:31 AM
Dec 2007
Great action episode, with the usual DtB antics. It also seems like Hei lost his contractor powers, so it will be pretty interesting to see where this goes.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 16, 2009 8:41 AM

Sep 2009
Tsuki-no-Hikari said:

it must be a sin to call hei ugly....
Oct 16, 2009 8:49 AM

Sep 2009
francismeunier said:
vinesage said:
I somehow get the feeling both Hei and Yin are going to die before this season ends...

I hope they don't do that. Also after seeing it again, is Hei lying about the professor to that guy from the CIA? Hei said that the professor was already dead but it looked Hei killed him. Why would he lie? Suous poster thing was brilliant! "The worst lowlife on Earth is on the run for taking my sister's chastity and her savings" Talk about something. Russian names: Kozlov, interesting add ons. I suppose they were about to erase Nika's memory those guys. Hazuki must have it though with her payment.
Have real bad feeling for next episode about Tanya and Nika Lobanov. They might die and more character might come in but I like their innocence. This will suck when it happens. The battles of Hei against Hazuki and August 07 were great like season 1. That is a good thing at least.

ya the poster thing was funny....wats uo with the whole yin dead thing...she didnt die did she????? if they kill her i swear i @##@#****###.................its the CIA ppl searching for the meteor thing rite...and the star thing falling must mean heis not a contractor anymore...he for sure lost his power.....must prob the meteor core will give back his power later in the show...because they cant just banish the main humans character can they....
most probably tanya is goin to die...now or later...suou might save nika with heis help in the next ep....
wanted to see heis face when suou called him a pervert...but the mask thing just got irritating....wanted to see the reaction real bad...it must have been funny....
Oct 16, 2009 8:50 AM

Aug 2008
Linalee-Stratos said:
Tsuki-no-Hikari said:

It was in the first season. Now it's fact.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2009 8:51 AM

Sep 2009
Yuki_no_kodomo said:
TV) cool...Thanks for OP

well...seems like the main character isn`t Hei this season O_o though he`s more suitable to be called "darker than black")
well, too early to judge...need all 12 eps to do that
*hopes there`ll be more of Hei...even he need to cut his hair XD*

his whole hair long( he actually doenst look as bad as i thought but loked better in short hair)...drinking..thing actually scares me a little...because something must have happen to yin....or maybe he was too alone
Oct 16, 2009 9:07 AM

Jun 2009
Need to say, Another great episode like the first one!
Oct 16, 2009 9:09 AM

May 2008
Wewt! This will probably be my most favourite Fall anime :o of 2009!

Too bad the opening music sucked big time.. Same generic anime shit opening music, that u can hear in 90% of the anime out there..

But Hei's back! Who cares about his looks.. He's a got a bit moar character this way.

Atleast he's not a pussy like his 'twin' brother from 'Requiem for the phantom'..
Oct 16, 2009 9:19 AM

Oct 2009
Awesome episode! Great action and nice new opening by Stereopony :D.But whats happened to Yin? :'( Cant wait for ep 3!!!
Oct 16, 2009 9:19 AM

Oct 2009
well, first of all, seems like Hei is an alcoholic. I absolutely think they made him look too old. he was, what, early twenties in the first season. (or he at least looked that young) and when I see him in this state it's more early forties :P. and yes, he needs to shave BADLY

I think they actually killed the contractor part of Hei :(. But at least he doesn't really need his powers to kick ass.

as for suou, I kinda like her. I definetly digged the rifle she was holding in the OP. I think that she will gradualy learn to assasinate people, to help her brother (reversed Hei, Pai story)

all in all, I really liked this episode, but I think that it not yet has the feel that got me hooked on the first season, but i'll be sure to catch the next episode

hope that mao and yin come back
Oct 16, 2009 9:25 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Another very entertaining episode. Hazuki's random kiss #1 was probably the best I've seen in a while. Totally loved that. Just like the action. Can't wait to see what's happened to Hei and Suou <3.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 16, 2009 9:28 AM
Dec 2008
vinesage said:

Hei said: when he arrived, the professor was dead already. If you consider this to be true for one second, then a lot more thing would make sense.

The scene where you "see" Hei killed the professor was not what you see directly, but you only heard the voices.
Suou entered that room only 2 seconds after she heard the electric shock but there was no one there, no Hei anywhere or any escaping sound. Why would Hei ran away when "Shion"(Hei and even April thought Suou was Shion at that point) was right there? why didnt he just take the fake Shion with him? He didnt notice because he escaped too fast?
Thats obvious not the case.
Even though we still dont know what Shion's ability really is, we do know he can "talk" inside Suou's head.
Lets consider Shion can produce delusions (or voices or whatever), that would mean the voices Suou heard were makeup and the father was already dead when Suou heard Hei's voice, that would also explain why Hei wasnt there when Suou entered (refer to what Hei said himself), that would as well fit what July told April that he saw an Asian in the room, but didnt mention the professor a few while before.
But the most obvious thing of all was, theres absolutely no need for Hei to lie about professor's death at all~

dude, Hei wasn't aware "Shion" was there. After all, she was still in the secret passage. After their father refused to tell Shions whereabouts, hei found no use of him and disposed of him and left (of course he'll leave what's there left to check)

but I see your point. It could be possible that Shion planned things out, but why would he frame up Hei? I bet he doesn't even know him, and the way their father was killed (no wounds; no nothing) it's just like how hei kills. but yeah, why would Hei lie? so he can just kill or something? due to depression???

yeah, we didn't really see hei killed their father and the voices we heard was Suou's point of view. uhh, I'll stop now I can't think straight its already pretty late in here.
gnodabOct 16, 2009 9:36 AM
Oct 16, 2009 9:49 AM

May 2009
That was a very good episode. I kind of agree that it seems like they did something to Hei's abilities, but really im more interested to know what happened to Yin.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Oct 16, 2009 9:52 AM

Apr 2008
I can see why Hei looks like crap since Yin is missing. We also got some hints to Suou possible skills (the giant sniper rifle). The new contractors has some cool abilities, favorite so far is Hazuki turning wood into a sharp object (I think).
Oct 16, 2009 9:58 AM

Jun 2008
awesome, great action, cant wait until next episode, although ill probably have to re-watch season 1 again to remember the things that have happened
Oct 16, 2009 9:59 AM
Jun 2008
I may be the only one, but I think Hei looks better this way...

(can't wait for next episode)
Oct 16, 2009 10:12 AM

Jul 2009
OftheFlesh said:
dude, Hei wasn't aware "Shion" was there. After all, she was still in the secret passage. After their father refused to tell Shions whereabouts, hei found no use of him and disposed of him and left (of course he'll leave what's there left to check).
whether or not Hei could notice Suou in the next room, is merely an assumption from my side base on how short the period of time in between is.
but why would he frame up Hei? I bet he doesn't even know him, and the way their father was killed (no wounds; no nothing) it's just like how hei kills. but yeah, why would Hei lie? so he can just kill or something? due to depression???
Given that how Shion realizes what is going to happen (he went to the prof right before it started saying its about to begin), and given that he tells Suou to follow April because April would know how to escape, i wouldnt be surprised if he actually knows who Hei is. About the wounds is more or less only a quick assumption from April who thought it was Hei.
Oct 16, 2009 10:14 AM

Nov 2008
k-kwadrat said:
I may be the only one, but I think Hei looks better this way...

(can't wait for next episode)

+1
Oct 16, 2009 10:14 AM

Jun 2008
loved OP
loved ED
loved ep
but Hei needs to hurry up and shave!! l=\/
Oct 16, 2009 10:16 AM

Jan 2009
hei looks so depressed lol and i like his old look it adds to his baddassness. And im sorry i did not like the opening it was ok but not DTB. I Guess i liked howling too much but :! you know im right that opening was kinda some cheese
Oct 16, 2009 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
A great OP, yes, But I gotta say it lacks some abingdon boys school, it just seems to be something that should be included in DtB xD
Cool chick who's spooked out like a ninja xD And that's one helluva fight too, I think it was reather awesome : >

Woah that's pretty harsh, not being remembered due to the memories being menipulated O.o Oh well, guess it'd be less interesting otherwise.

Hei, hobo-style, awesome x) And the Magician is also awesome, or well.. he was? xD

Say.. Now I'm really curious.. What happened to Yin!? ;_;

Lawl Misaki's watching the stars?xD
OosranOct 16, 2009 11:54 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 16, 2009 10:44 AM

Aug 2009
Seeing Hei's deppresed face is so sad ;_;

Love OP, love Abingdon boys school.
I hope nothing bad will happen to Nika. :<

|| Hatred dyes the heart black.
Oct 16, 2009 10:47 AM

Jul 2009
metal-blaze said:
madaodono said:
wow Hei looks totally pedo after seeing him search Suou. Hmm I still don't really understand the first season's end. Isn't Hei's sister the reason for his power? So now she is gone for good and Hei no more has any power?

lol but thats becaus eeveryones under the assumption that the girl is actually her brother :P lol

Finally someone who also figured that one out^^

Anyway I did not like or dislike this OP really, it was just so bland and not visually outstanding in any way. Same goes for the music, it was good but not really a memorable tune.

Looks like Yin's dead too ='(
Probably the cause of Hei's decrease in looks and apparent abuse of alcohol.

Quite the cliff hanger for next episode since he's star went out and all, it's very unlikely that he dies so I guess it's a safe bet to say he has just lost his powers.
EternalDreamerOct 21, 2009 2:56 AM
Oct 16, 2009 10:50 AM

Apr 2008
hmmmm, i thought the OP would have something to do with that beat they played on ep.1 title and Hei appearance time. pity it didn't...

but more importantly...

YIIIIIIIIIIN!!NOOOOOOO!! COME BAAAAAACK! *waaaaah*
Oct 16, 2009 10:52 AM

Nov 2008
Great episode. Hei is just so cool and Suou Is great too. Can't wait to see Suou in action too. And I hope we'll see more Yin.
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Oct 16, 2009 11:00 AM

May 2009
Another good ep, Shizume is pretty badass as she fought on par with Hei but what the hell did she do to him at the end? Suou, seriously with the tank destroying gun? It's going to be awesome watching her wield that massive thing. Hei totally destroyed August too in a take-your-magic-and-shove-it manner.

This Fairy Tale Is Ending
Oct 16, 2009 11:17 AM

Jun 2008
NO YIN !!!!!!! Please !!!! It can't be truth !!!! Everyone, but not her !!!! NOoooooooooooo! TT.TT
jolecOct 16, 2009 1:19 PM
Oct 16, 2009 11:19 AM

Apr 2009
OP song = awesome.

Nikaaaaa, yusss x3 I was hoping he'd come back. Though I also hope there'll be no stupid Token Romance involving Suou and Nika...
Haha, I wish we could've seen Hei's face when he realised (cough) that it's a girl he's patting down xD

Animation, though...looked a bit off, for example when Hei was running to Yin.
Magician is dead? D: Nooo, I liked him...
And...lol, how about Hei's contractor powers disappearing/transferring to Suou due to the meteor fragment's power? Ahaha.

Kirihara...obsession, much? XD Get a life, girl.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 16, 2009 11:23 AM

Sep 2009
jolec said:
NO YIN !!!!!!! Please !!!! I can't be truth !!!! Everyone, but not her !!!! NOoooooooooooo! TT.TT

nope she doesnt die....keep ur hopes up....hei wont let her die..he will do something for sure.....we shall pray to all the gods now...hindu gods r enough there like million...he he..
Oct 16, 2009 11:25 AM

Oct 2007
This is somehow remind me of Ga-Rei Zero.

It is kind of interesting episode with a lot of nice action but at the same time it doesn't really tell anything much about the story. After this episode, it really makes me want to see the 4 OVA about the story between the first and second season.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 16, 2009 11:30 AM

Sep 2009
Siva said:
This is somehow remind me of Ga-Rei Zero.

It is kind of interesting episode with a lot of nice action but at the same time it doesn't really tell anything much about the story. After this episode, it really makes me want to see the 4 OVA about the story between the first and second season.

wait the ova covers up the story between the seasons??? ....they must have showed the whole yin and hei dying thing....damn want to watch it too now...most prob subs not out..
Oct 16, 2009 11:32 AM

Apr 2008
Misakiiiiiiiiiii! Yes!
I didn't like that ninja girl, or whatever power she had. Well, I didn't hate her, but I found the magician to be cooler. His cost was funny.

Cool OP/ED. ^^
Oct 16, 2009 11:35 AM

Apr 2009
another great episode, only wish they'd carry it to 26 episodes instead of just 12 =[

best show this season, wewt.
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for. Honestly.
Oct 16, 2009 11:36 AM

Feb 2009
Grrrr...awesome episode.Great fights and cool new contractors,but...is it just me or Hei`s alcoholic now?
And the end was very disturbing too...cant wait the next friday :X

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Oct 16, 2009 12:00 PM

Jul 2009
Damn Good Episode And The Opening Is Kick Ass
Oct 16, 2009 12:07 PM

Mar 2009
simply awesome, a very strong 9 so far
Oct 16, 2009 12:07 PM

Apr 2007
Ew. I don't like August. Though if he's really dead then I'll be a little disappointed with how fast they're killing off characters. And it looks like I might have been right about Mao being in Suou's squirrel :D Too bad it's not as cute and funny as a cat.

Anyway this was an interesting episode. I really want to know what happened to Yin :<
The new OP is okay, I like the ED a bit more.
Oct 16, 2009 12:09 PM

Oct 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
francismeunier said:
vinesage said:

Linalee-Stratos said:
wats uo with the whole yin dead thing...she didnt die did she????? if they kill her i swear i @##@#****###.................

Yeah me too I will be sad if she is killed off. If you look at my profile the club banner of Yin and Hei looks so cute it would be pity. I hope Yin comes back.
Linalee-Stratos said:
its the CIA ppl searching for the meteor thing rite...and the star thing falling must mean heis not a contractor anymore...he for sure lost his power.....must prob the meteor core will give back his power later in the show...because they cant just banish the main humans character can they....
I hope more that the meteor core can bring Yin back but Hei's powers gone is still hard for me to swallow. I have no way to know how did it happen other than the mine thing that zapped his power.
Linalee-Stratos said:
most probably tanya is goin to die...now or later...suou might save nika with heis help in the next ep...
wanted to see heis face when suou called him a pervert...but the mask thing just got irritating....wanted to see the reaction real bad...it must have been funny....
I don't want Tanya to die and Nika either but maybe Nika is going to be with Suou but it might they both die like lovers sometimes do. I feel lots of emotions coming in #3.

Oct 16, 2009 12:31 PM

Jun 2007
Jigoku-n3ko said:
hmmmm, i thought the OP would have something to do with that beat they played on ep.1 title and Hei appearance time. pity it didn't...

Yeah where did that beat go? D: I liked the OP thou

Good episode. Hope August isn't dead yet.
Oct 16, 2009 12:40 PM

Oct 2008
Linalee-Stratos said:
Tsuki-no-Hikari said:

But he needs to shave and cut his hair. ;_;

Oct 16, 2009 12:42 PM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
its the CIA ppl searching for the meteor thing rite...and the star thing falling must mean heis not a contractor anymore...he for sure lost his power.....must prob the meteor core will give back his power later in the show...because they cant just banish the main humans character can they....
I hope more that the meteor core can bring Yin back but Hei's powers gone is still hard for me to swallow. I have no way to know how did it happen other than the mine thing that zapped his power.

Well, first of all, the power wasn't actually his to begin with, but anyway, that's of little matter I suppose.

Linalee-Stratos said:
wanted to see heis face when suou called him a pervert...

He wouldn't get much of a surprise now, would he? Since he's a contractor and all .. But oh well, guess he would've felt something similar to surprise when realizing that it was Suou and not Shion
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 16, 2009 12:57 PM

May 2009
i watched the episode and it seem like it only lasted 5min :(
I`M A MURDERER
Oct 16, 2009 12:58 PM

Mar 2009
This show is definitely the BEST one this season!

Didn't really expect to see the magician dead already.

I'm so curious about what happened to Yin.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.