Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 1, 2014 8:58 AM

Oct 2008
A few days ago, a manhwa page for Tower of God was made. Finally. However, today, it was just... gone, along with my chapter updates. What gives? I really really want Tower of God on MAL.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 1, 2014 9:01 AM

Nov 2010
It's against the rules. So whenever someone makes one, it is deleted by the mods. Best not to ever add it to your list until it becomes official.
Aug 1, 2014 9:05 AM

Mar 2013
It's rather interesting to hear that the entry was ever approved. Tower of God is a known webtoon that isn't accepted on MAL, so I would see it as one of the last products the Manga DB Moderators would mistakenly include.

Regardless, as said by Turtle, it does not meet with the Manga DB Guidelines. I suggest reading them fully.
Aug 1, 2014 12:06 PM

Oct 2008
Is it not covered by section I c? I read the DB Guidelines, but still am unable to discern why it does not make the cut.
Aug 1, 2014 12:18 PM

Mar 2013
Tower of God is a webtoon, not a professionally published manhwa. Only webtoons or other non-professionally published products that already have their authors in the database get included. Tower of God is not such a case, therefore, it is against the Manga DB Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2014 1:01 PM

Apr 2010
Thread moved

Thread moved to Manga DB board.
AversaAug 1, 2014 1:05 PM
Aug 2, 2014 9:19 AM

Dec 2013
So now tell me one thing. What is this whole site for? Isnt it to write down all the manga related titles you had read? Isnt it to show others what you read? Who cares if this title was published professionally or not? Who cares if it has physical volumes or not? I want to add it to my list and I cant. On other sites like this I can. Fast judgement which site is better. You should make updates in mal, by adding a category for that type of manhwas. And people would be more happy.
Aug 2, 2014 9:28 AM
Dec 2011
@Spinner Unfortunately that is not the case. I do think they should reconsider the Guidelines though as digital only publishing is only going to become more common.
Aug 2, 2014 9:32 AM

May 2012
So weird...right...and to think that Noblesse is added but as soon as ToG is added, they delete it.

Spinner said:
So now tell me one thing. What is this whole site for? Isnt it to write down all the manga related titles you had read? Isnt it to show others what you read? Who cares if this title was published professionally or not? Who cares if it has physical volumes or not? I want to add it to my list and I cant. On other sites like this I can. Fast judgement which site is better. You should make updates in mal, by adding a category for that type of manhwas. And people would be more happy.

So true. -nods nods-
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Aug 2, 2014 9:36 AM

Nov 2010
Spinner said:
So now tell me one thing. What is this whole site for? Isnt it to write down all the manga related titles you had read? Isnt it to show others what you read?
Partly, yes. There's also anime, finding new manga/anime, conversing about them, making recs or reviews, etc.

Spinner said:
Who cares if this title was published professionally or not?
Quite obviously MAL does, and most people probably would too. If all unpublished works are allowed then any manga any Korean, Japanese, or Chinese person makes is allowed in. Even a five year old's drawings that he made in school. You have to be more specific.

Even if this site is for anime and manga, it has to have rules, a scope of what they're focusing on. And theirs is made to exclude unpublished works, especially as not many read or watch them(and don't give ToG's popularity to tell me I'm wrong, that's one out of thousands possibly 10s of thousands of unpublished works out there). Unfortunately that excludes some works that people may like but that is just how it goes, there's always some that are left out. There are also American, French, etc works that people would probably like on here, can't make exceptions.

Spinner said:
Who cares if it has physical volumes or not?
MAL does and other anime/manga listing sites.

Spinner said:
I want to add it to my list and I cant. On other sites like this I can. Fast judgement which site is better.
If you judge a site only by which one allows you to add ToG then yes. But in that case why the hell are you still here? Obviously that other site is way better suited for you. You're able to export your list to most other anime/manga listing sites quite easily.

Spinner said:
You should make updates in mal, by adding a category for that type of manhwas. And people would be more happy.
I'll let a mod handle why they haven't done that or plan to do that.

Niteshade said:
So weird...right...and to think that Noblesse is added but as soon as ToG is added, they delete it.
Noblesse is professionally published, not weird at all.

jojovonjo said:
@Spinner Unfortunately that is not the case. I do think they should reconsider the Guidelines though as digital only publishing is only going to become more common.
Kineta said probably not, something about how Japan(their main focus) probably won't go digital, I don't remember exactly. You can find it in another ToG thread on this board.
IntroverTurtleAug 2, 2014 9:40 AM
Aug 2, 2014 4:34 PM

Aug 2007
Spinner said:

They use to have Megatokyo on here since it had been officially published but it's been removed. If we went by what everybody thought an anime/manga was then we would have crap like Avatar the Last Airbender on here. It just doesn't work.

On a different note after going through those threads I have a question. What the hell is an OFL? I know what an OEL is.
Drunk_SamuraiAug 2, 2014 5:03 PM
Aug 2, 2014 8:46 PM

Jan 2011
Drunk_Samurai said:

On a different note after going through those threads I have a question. What the hell is an OFL? I know what an OEL is.

Original French Language
Works such Freaks' Squeele, BB Project, Omega Complex, and Vairocana.
Aug 3, 2014 12:28 AM

Aug 2007
lanblade said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Original French Language
Works such Freaks' Squeele, BB Project, Omega Complex, and Vairocana.

Well that explains why OEL's were removed. I didn't even know they were ever removed until today since I never read them.
Aug 3, 2014 5:37 PM
Dec 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Kineta said probably not, something about how Japan(their main focus) probably won't go digital, I don't remember exactly. You can find it in another ToG thread on this board.

Main focus is one thing, becoming more common is another. It may not be the "main focus" in the next couple years but, my guess is you will see a lot more going digital.
Aug 3, 2014 5:42 PM

Nov 2010
jojovonjo said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Main focus is one thing, becoming more common is another. It may not be the "main focus" in the next couple years but, my guess is you will see a lot more going digital.
Will it be becoming common in Japan? That's the key. And I found the post, thankfully this board is pretty slow.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=592709&show=20#msg23148051
Aug 3, 2014 5:52 PM
Dec 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
jojovonjo said:

Will it be becoming common in Japan? That's the key. And I found the post, thankfully this board is pretty slow.

Japan is the country we are talking about. (this is something likely to become more common world wide anyway.) Also that post only says that it is not happening now, not that it "probably wont go digital."
Aug 3, 2014 5:57 PM

Nov 2010
jojovonjo said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Japan is the country we are talking about. (this is something likely to become more common world wide anyway.) Also that post only says that it is not happening now, not that it "probably wont go digital."
Worldwide doesn't matter, only Japan.

And true, I must have mis remembered it as it's been over a year. Anyways she said even if it does happen in Japan, the rules most likely won't change in that regard.
Aug 3, 2014 6:07 PM
Dec 2011

The part in () is an afterthought not my main point. It will most likely become more common in Japan( just like the rest of the world). I realize they most likely wont change (nothing ever does here) but, they should in my opinion.
Aug 7, 2014 2:28 PM

Mar 2012
But isn't Kubera the same? A korean webtoon on naver?
Aug 7, 2014 2:29 PM

Nov 2010
Smoofie said:
Kubera is physically published so it's in here.
Aug 7, 2014 2:34 PM

Mar 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Smoofie said:
Kubera is physically published so it's in here.

Aah oke. Well, I hope they're going to make an exception for Korean webcomics in the future, would be nice to have it on myan, even though I understand that some people might argue to also include non manga/manhwa/manhua style webcomics.
Aug 9, 2014 5:45 AM

Oct 2008
Be all of that as it may, I will still continue to search for Tower of God every day on MAL.
Sep 2, 2014 1:32 AM
May 2012
Subpyro said:
Tower of God is a webtoon, not a professionally published manhwa. Only webtoons or other non-professionally published products that already have their authors in the database get included. Tower of God is not such a case, therefore, it is against the Manga DB Guidelines.

then why won't " Ability" be added , even though it's a webtoon which was the reason given for the denial of adding it, it's still made by the same authors of "Noblesse" which is already in the database , so shouldn't that make ability acceptable to be added.....
Sep 3, 2014 2:05 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread Locked.
This Tower of God entry was never added to the DB but unfortunately entries that are still in the queue are not hidden, so people can find them and add them to their lists. If you're unsure if an entry has really been approved, then click "Manga" in the top navigation and then "Just Added". This lists you all titles that have been added to the DB recently.

If you want to know more about why Tower of God will not be added to the DB at the moment, please read the Manga DB Guidelines (I.1.c.) and this existing thread about Tower of God. It contains two very detailed posts from another DB Admin that should fully explain this situation.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Modifications/Duplicates Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aarana - Jan 4, 2009

7683 by Yubisoft »»
23 minutes ago

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

130 by Barbaduk »»
Yesterday, 10:28 AM

» Surprising Manga Still Needs Approval

Uutama - Apr 19

0 by Uutama »»
Apr 19, 1:01 AM

» TO THE ADMINISTRATORS OF MAL! BIBLIOMANIA!

carhs14 - Aug 12, 2023

11 by jere344 »»
Apr 18, 7:52 PM

» Pending approval items

Marrzo - Apr 17

0 by Marrzo »»
Apr 17, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.