Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Aug 3, 2014 9:52 AM

Jul 2007
Silent_Sword said:
Being done by Toei sounds like a red flag to me... it might be another Crystal.

Considering its anime original sequel, they can't fuck up as much as Crystal just fucked up.
Aug 3, 2014 10:00 AM
Apr 2013
MasonCage said:
DATS24 said:
Oh anw spoiler for this new series: Leomon dies
LOL

LOL

Of course. It's obligatory. So...

Place your bets! Place your bets! Which episode will Leomon kick the bucket?

I'm sure with Leomon dying so quickly in Xros Wars, they'll try and spice things up, maybe even in Tamers style by attaching a Leomon to one of the main characters.

Also how many Leomon(s) will die this time
Aug 3, 2014 10:09 AM

Sep 2011
Fai said:
Silent_Sword said:
Being done by Toei sounds like a red flag to me... it might be another Crystal.

Considering its anime original sequel, they can't fuck up as much as Crystal just fucked up.

All depends on who writes it... He guy who made best of Digimon 02 was also the guy responsible for Tamers right?

I rather have this show to have a AnoHana feel.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 3, 2014 10:14 AM
May 2010
GodlyKyon said:
All depends on who writes it... He guy who made best of Digimon 02 was also the guy responsible for Tamers right?

Hah... there's no way Chiaki J. Konaka was responsible for 02.

Besides, having only written only one season of Digimon and a short story, I doubt Konaka would be loyal enough to return for Adventure, which he wasn't even involved with at all.
Aug 3, 2014 10:29 AM

Sep 2011
MasonCage said:
GodlyKyon said:

Besides, having only written only one season of Digimon and a short story, I doubt Konaka would be loyal enough to return for Adventure, which he wasn't even involved with at all.

There was 1 episode with the cthulu taking Kari, forcing her to MARRY them, that was his apparently.
Aug 3, 2014 10:32 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah the dark ocean episode was written by the person responsible for Tamers, as far as I know, hence darker tone.
Aug 3, 2014 10:33 AM
Apr 2013
MasonCage said:
GodlyKyon said:

Konaka was first working on 02's some episodes script like the Dark Ocean arc, but bcos the staffs were disrupted, he quit the project and was later given by TOEI a whole new series to be fully handled by Konaka and that's Digimon Tamers
Aug 3, 2014 10:37 AM
May 2010
GodlyKyon said:
There was 1 episode with the cthulu taking Kari, forcing her to MARRY them, that was his apparently.

No way... I'm ashamed as a Digimon fan. -_- That's obviously Konaka's signature all over that episode, with its dark nihilistic tone.

Gosh, I really do wish he would return for the sequel... but I don't know. It's been so long.
Aug 3, 2014 10:39 AM

Sep 2011
MasonCage said:
GodlyKyon said:

No way... I'm ashamed as a Digimon fan. -_- That's obviously Konaka's signature all over that episode, with its dark nihilistic tone.

Gosh, I really do wish he would return for the sequel... but I don't know. It's been so long.

Yeah, its been a long ass time. I am just hoping that someone capable is handling the series. I really want something like a Post-Digimon world depression. Maybe something like AnoHana, or something like him wandering about what to do after the Digimon world.. IDK
Aug 3, 2014 10:40 AM
Apr 2013
Fai said:
Yeah the dark ocean episode was written by the person responsible for Tamers, as far as I know, hence darker tone.

Yeah, but that was a forced dark tone, it tended to be dark but failed.

Fortunately he did very well in Tamers and made it naturally darker, not a forced darker tone
Aug 3, 2014 10:42 AM
Apr 2013
GodlyKyon said:
MasonCage said:

Yeah, its been a long ass time. I am just hoping that someone capable is handling the series. I really want something like a Post-Digimon world depression. Maybe something like AnoHana, or something like him wandering about what to do after the Digimon world.. IDK

Maybe Urobutcher suits for working in digimon script? But, hey, Urobutcher wrote Kamen Rider Gaim's one and that's TOEI series but a tokusatsu
Aug 3, 2014 10:43 AM
May 2010
GodlyKyon said:
a Post-Digimon world depression.

lol Seeing that comment combined with your avatar, I'm reminded of The Disappearance of Haruhi. That one was pretty dark. Maybe Digimon could go somewhere like that, maybe with some of the original Chosen Children in peril due to some new-world post-apocalypse crisis.

Also, here's crossing fingers for some Taiora fanservice.
Aug 3, 2014 10:47 AM
Apr 2013
MasonCage said:
GodlyKyon said:
a Post-Digimon world depression.

lol Seeing that comment combined with your avatar, I'm reminded of The Disappearance of Haruhi. That one was pretty dark. Maybe Digimon could go somewhere like that, maybe with some of the original Chosen Children in peril due to some new-world post-apocalypse crisis.

Also, here's crossing fingers for some Taiora fanservice.

That has been done by digimon but without human one
Yeah, that's Digimon X Evolution
Aug 3, 2014 10:47 AM

Jul 2007
DATS24 said:
GodlyKyon said:

Maybe Urobutcher suits for working in digimon script? But, hey, Urobutcher wrote Kamen Rider Gaim's one and that's TOEI series but a tokusatsu

Lemme spoil you Butcher's Digimon:

Digimons are dead children corpses with harvested brains and everythin the leads did was EVIL all along, then everyone dies.

DATS24 said:
Fai said:

Fortunately he did very well in Tamers and made it naturally darker, not a forced darker tone

It was still possibly THE best episode of entire 02 run.
Aug 3, 2014 10:49 AM
Apr 2013
Fai said:
DATS24 said:

Digimons are dead children corpses with harvested brains and everythin the leads did was EVIL all along, then everyone dies.

DATS24 said:

If the backstory was clearer and being continued it would become much better indeed, unfortunately that was a wasted potential back then
Aug 3, 2014 10:50 AM

Jul 2008
OMG. I'm so hyped!
Aug 3, 2014 10:50 AM
May 2010
Fai said:

I'd almost pay to see that. I love me some Urobutcher misery. Bring it on, ol' Gen!

Fai said:

Agreed. In fact, it's one of the most talked about episodes by Digimon fans.
Aug 3, 2014 11:00 AM

Sep 2011
Fai said:
DATS24 said:

DATS24 said:

IT wasn't good cause the whole series was not.
Aug 3, 2014 11:03 AM
Apr 2013
MasonCage said:
Fai said:

I'd almost pay to see that. I love me some Urobutcher misery. Bring it on, ol' Gen!

Fai said:

Agreed. In fact, it's one of the most talked about episodes by Digimon fans.

Dead corpses? I guess we've seen that in X-Evolution.
Those massive amounts of Death-X-Dorugremon were the real predator, seeking for digicores to be eaten from a lively digimon, even a child/baby level
Aug 3, 2014 11:10 AM
May 2010
GodlyKyon said:

Well, technically, that's up for debate. As much as I dislike 02, some fans felt that it had pretty solid sub-plots, especially those involving Ken. And hello Oikawa, the most tragic character in the entire Digimon franchise... or so they said.

On a side note, I remember that Hikari used to mention in a CD drama that their battles after 02's adventures were even tougher than before. This happened before their adulthood, by the way, so it would make sense for the sequel to be darker than grittier.
Aug 3, 2014 11:13 AM
Apr 2013
MasonCage said:
GodlyKyon said:

Well, technically, that's up for debate. As much as I dislike 02, some fans felt that it had pretty solid sub-plots, especially those involving Ken. And hello Oikawa, the most tragic character in the entire Digimon franchise... or so they said.

On a side note, I remember that Hikari used to mention in a CD drama that their battles after 02's adventures were even tougher than before. This happened before their adulthood, by the way, so it would make sense for the sequel to be darker than grittier.

Ken's story was explained more in the wonderswan game Digimon Adventure Tag Tamers (IIRC)
Aug 3, 2014 11:16 AM

Sep 2011
MasonCage said:
GodlyKyon said:

My biggest quirk was that supposed non-digimon Daemon led to nowhere.
Aug 3, 2014 11:26 AM
Apr 2013
GodlyKyon said:

My biggest quirk was that supposed non-digimon Daemon led to nowhere.

Demon(Daemon) is a digimon, though
Aug 3, 2014 11:30 AM
May 2010
DATS24 said:
Demon(Daemon) is a digimon, though

I think his point was that the Daemon sub-plot led to nowhere, though. :P Which I agree. There was potential for Daemon to be 02's Devimon, who was a hardcore badass in 01 BTW. Unfortunately, you have VenomVamdemon stealing the spotlight, not to mention Oikawa too, so it was probably kinda tough to keep three antagonists together in the same spotlight.
OminousWrexAug 3, 2014 11:36 AM
Aug 3, 2014 11:45 AM

Jan 2008
awesome news :D
Aug 3, 2014 12:35 PM
Jul 2012
All these feels! ;_;
This is some awesome news, I'm totally looking forward to the sequel! Guess I have to re-watch the other series until then.
Aug 3, 2014 1:55 PM

Dec 2010
02 pissed me off so much. The new characters were lame, and they ditched the best girl for the most part (Mimi). The Hikari episode at the dark ocean was the best I agree, they should've gone with that instead of the bullshit DNA evolutions and Myotismon coming back.
Also how they made everyone a Digi destined at the end was dumb to me.
amare135Aug 3, 2014 1:59 PM
Aug 3, 2014 2:32 PM

Jul 2007
amare135 said:
02 pissed me off so much. The new characters were lame, and they ditched the best girl for the most part (Mimi). The Hikari episode at the dark ocean was the best I agree, they should've gone with that instead of the bullshit DNA evolutions and Myotismon coming back.

I Would love it if they just ignored everything in 02 and just redid the dark ocean theme for a full season.
Aug 3, 2014 5:55 PM
May 2010
amare135 said:

That was okay for me. It was kinda a tribute to the "most tragic character in 02," Oikawa, who wanted to be a Chosen Child and have a Digimon of his own when he was a kid, but could never did. Granted, it sounded like something that came out of Pokemanz, but still.

But of course, the fact that the 'sacred powers of Digimon' that was prophesied in ancient Digimon ruins were conveniently spread throughout the world is kinda stupid. Granted, it's kinda like an international task force, but it's still stupid. They were called "Chosen Children" in the subbed version for a reason.
Aug 3, 2014 7:00 PM

Apr 2010
FUCK YES! BRING IT ON!!!

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Aug 3, 2014 11:09 PM

Nov 2008
MasonCage said:
Unfortunately, you have VenomVamdemon stealing the spotlight, not to mention Oikawa too, so it was probably kinda tough to keep three antagonists together in the same spotlight.

BelialVamdemon*. Know your Digimon.
Speaking of which, it reminds me how bad the crossover was. Sure, Masaru punching BelialVamdemon which then exploded was cool to look at but it was completely overdone. Putting all plot inconsistencies aside, bringing Venom/BelialVamdemon and Diablomon back just for fanservice was a bad choice and the weak story of Hunters didn't help much either.
I"m really glad they decided not to end the Digimon franchise at that point and I don't believe the new season could become worse than that.
TacasAug 3, 2014 11:38 PM
Aug 4, 2014 1:05 AM

Mar 2008
I just hope the dub is better than for the original Adventure.

Anyways, will definitely be watching this subbed first.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Aug 4, 2014 1:48 AM

Mar 2012
Best news of the week. Haven't watch any Digimon films since Frontier.

I still remember the time when Digimon was the only thing in my head everyday, I even drew a table of every character, their Digimon and evolutions, also their symbols (yeah, if only there's a Digimon lesson that I could take). And how I cried on the last episode, when they all leave Digiworld by that train.
Now I need to rewatch season one again cause I barely remember anything (only remember the first and last episode hahaha)
Aug 4, 2014 1:59 AM
May 2010
Tacas said:
BelialVamdemon*. Know your Digimon.
lol... Curse the dub names, making me confuse and whatnot. Though to be fair, "Myotismon" wasn't that bad of a name.

Tacas said:
Speaking of which, it reminds me how bad the crossover was. Sure, Masaru punching BelialVamdemon which then exploded was cool to look at but it was completely overdone. Putting all plot inconsistencies aside, bringing Venom/BelialVamdemon and Diablomon back just for fanservice was a bad choice and the weak story of Hunters didn't help much either.
I"m really glad they decided not to end the Digimon franchise at that point and I don't believe the new season could become worse than that.
Most of the stuff that happened in Xros Wars was just ridiculously inferior. I was so surprised when I saw the level of quality the writing was at the time. I mean, Frontier was Adventure rehashed, but Xros Wars was Frontier rehashed. And no, I'm not talking about the evolution method - that's really just a gimmick. I'm talking about the same ol' "Save the world from the evil villain" cliche all over again. There's a reason why Tamers and X-Evolution worked as well as they did - they were different. The story was different, and the characters were definitely different, not copy pasted version of Taichi and the gang.

Toddler_Naruto said:
No more donkey jokes please, Saban. We had enough of that from Daisuke- oops, I meant DAVIS.

vivant said:
Best news of the week. Haven't watch any Digimon films since Frontier.

I still remember the time when Digimon was the only thing in my head everyday, I even drew a table of every character, their Digimon and evolutions, also their symbols (yeah, if only there's a Digimon lesson that I could take). And how I cried on the last episode, when they all leave Digiworld by that train.
It's like you're speaking on my behalf. haha

God, I remember crying hard on that departure train scene as well - during multiple viewings. I agree, this is the best news of the week, heck best news of the month for me. It's like Christmas all over again.
Aug 4, 2014 3:37 AM

Mar 2014
I wonder if Suzuhito Yasuda (Durarara!!, Yozakura Quartet) will provide the character designs, as he provides the character designs for the latest digimon projects
Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode (PSP, 3DS), Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (PSVita)
(which cater to older digimon fans as the characters are also in late teens, and contains guest apperances from all other Adventure 01 characters, few from adventure 02,Tamers,Savers & tekken)
His adventure 01 character designs for Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode were ok so i wouldn't mind

for those who haven't played the games and waiting for a english release
there's online petition that will start localizing them and any new digimon game that comes out if it reaches 50,000 names.
its almost complete, if your a fan of the games you should sign it.

adventure 01 - was the best (Taichi Yagami was a boss, numba 1 tamer from digimon franchise in my opinion)
adventure 02 - other than daisuke, kaiser and 01 cameos other characters were anoying and useless most of the time,second half of story was a train wreck,as they had a few different stories but didn't have the time so they merged it to whatever that was
Tamers - Impmon/Beelzemon only reason i kept watching (Beelzemon became fav Digimon), it was cool how digimon adventure's Ryo Akiyama apeared half way, other tamers were boring, also liked the idea of impmon and rennamon together.
frontier - wasn't bad but wasn't great, (didn't watch it untill heard about the cross over in xross wars)
savers - was good probably because it was like 01 and 02, hated the change in art style
xross wars - was ok, had its moments (watched for the cross over)
digimon hunters - was painfull to get through, main character was annoying as hell, his digimon was cool though
but thankfully the 4 episodes of crossovers with Taichi and the others saved the show (especally funny when masaru punched that digimon, and xross wars characters where like ''what the hell'')
thus resulted in Taichi reviving the franchise with a adventure 01 game (was cool how all other leaders came in like the anime crossover) and sequel and all was right in the world
Aug 4, 2014 4:34 AM
Apr 2014
.. that opening song and train scene does brings back memories.. ;_;

*joins the hype train*
Aug 4, 2014 5:12 AM
Aug 2013
Digimon Adv1 is BEST ever series of digimon, i wonder if they keep an insert song like "brave heart" theme when "shinka", thats awesome part you know
Aug 4, 2014 5:32 AM
Apr 2013
MasonCage said:
Most of the stuff that happened in Xros Wars was just ridiculously inferior. I was so surprised when I saw the level of quality the writing was at the time. I mean, Frontier was Adventure rehashed, but Xros Wars was Frontier rehashed. And no, I'm not talking about the evolution method - that's really just a gimmick. I'm talking about the same ol' "Save the world from the evil villain" cliche all over again. There's a reason why Tamers and X-Evolution worked as well as they did - they were different. The story was different, and the characters were definitely different, not copy pasted version of Taichi and the gang.

Tamers & X-Evolution are definitely not your usual digimon show. Not usual kids shounen things like saving the world. Also the main character in those series were rather pitiful, no things like "with courage and burning power you will win."
Also in Tamers there's no "leader follower" things, they just faced the same fate of having digimon.

Hence, X-Evolution was rated PG 13 written by Kawasaki Miu from .hack series, and tamers was written by Konaka
Aug 4, 2014 5:53 AM
May 2010
DATS24 said:
Tamers & X-Evolution are definitely not your usual digimon show.
I think that's the thing I love most about both of those series. They showed that Digimon isn't just about fighting evil, and it can be used as a medium of storytelling for unlimited potentials.
Aug 4, 2014 9:40 AM
Apr 2013
MasonCage said:
DATS24 said:
Tamers & X-Evolution are definitely not your usual digimon show.
I think that's the thing I love most about both of those series. They showed that Digimon isn't just about fighting evil, and it can be used as a medium of storytelling for unlimited potentials.

in both series there are no cliche villain who just want to destroy/conquer something.
Even in X-Evolution, the reason between all the story, the problems they faced... it's just very simple. If you know the theme of X-Evolution "subete no inochi wa ikiru tame ni aru", yes, it had answered all things in the movie.
Aug 4, 2014 12:01 PM
Dec 2010
i hope this sequel won't dissapoint us.
i'm afraid it will be like the new story which is not related to Digimon Adventure.

i'm really happy to know that they are going to make the sequel fo this anime!

i hope they also show the characters from the other series (1-4), but the main story is this 8 children
also hope they wile show biyomon, tentomon, gomamon, palmon, patamon and tailmon 's ultimate evolution hahahhaa

this anime is so memorable! i love this anime. hope there will be the next season of this new adventure! wahahhaa
Aug 4, 2014 1:04 PM
May 2013
RETCON 02's HORRID ending out of existence! JUST DO IT!

Give the original kids armor evolutions instead! make them fight dragomon(that disturbing cthulhu digimon who was behind the dark cave&dark ocean) and that Daemon(that guy who was just sealed in the dark ocean dimension) this season has immense potential! do NOT fu*x this up TOEI! you just raised the expectations bar to infinity by making it a direct sequel/retcon to 02!

Now that being said I AM BEYOND HYPED!
Aug 4, 2014 1:26 PM

Sep 2011
Vishnu_Karthik said:

Give the original kids armor evolutions instead! make them fight dragomon(that disturbing cthulhu digimon who was behind the dark cave&dark ocean) and that Daemon(that guy who was just sealed in the dark ocean dimension) this season has immense potential! do NOT fu*x this up TOEI! you just raised the expectations bar to infinity by making it a direct sequel/retcon to 02!

I don't even remmeber what happened to 02's ending besides that they were stuck in some different dimension and everything was about to be destroyed or some shit...

Yeah, it takes so balls to make sequels to classics. This had better be good, they need to dedicate a lot of budget to it, esp now that the competititve environment and animation standards are different.
Aug 4, 2014 2:24 PM
May 2013
GodlyKyon said:

I don't even remmeber what happened to 02's ending besides that they were stuck in some different dimension and everything was about to be destroyed or some shit...

Yeah, it takes so balls to make sequels to classics. This had better be good, they need to dedicate a lot of budget to it, esp now that the competititve environment and animation standards are different.
That wasn't even anything bad.. it could've been fixed.. the ending epilogue is where the show drops the ball,hands down it is one of the worst endings i've seen in any anime EVER.

After the defeat of vamdemon the show skips forwards to like.... 30 years! and then we're shown all the kids as grown ups with retarded professions like yamato being an astronaut(when he clearly was more into music) and they're all married with random characters(like yolei ending up with ken!) and everyone and their mother now have digimons! hell ken is now just working with sitngmon to stop digimon crimes! its like this is some sort of weird precursor to digimon savers.

And the worst part is that this is all shown in just 3 MINUTES! Here > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y4IPy8XeQs

That ending was some franchise killer sh!t! thank God for Tamers.
AGOLXAug 4, 2014 2:37 PM
Aug 4, 2014 3:14 PM

Jul 2007
GodlyKyon said:
Vishnu_Karthik said:

The villain was defeated by FEELINGS of all children in the world.
And then everyone in the world had digimon.

That should give you idea enough of how sucky it was.
Aug 4, 2014 3:47 PM

Dec 2010
Just rewatching Adventure and the 21st episode is really fucking good, hope the sequel is a bit like it.
Aug 4, 2014 5:50 PM
Jan 2012
Going rewatch series I pretty much gave up when they introduce season 6 with all the fusion!

OMG I AM SO HYPED THIS IS LIKE ONE OF THE BEST THING EVER IN DIGIMON HISTORY!!!

But now something bugging me... Digimon Adventure 02 has a teenage Taichi... will this be set after that or in a totally new story line?

The bits in the trailer makes it seem like a different world with a different version of Taichi.

Also I love it when returning anime adjust the show for the old fans/older audience rather than dumb it down for kids.
Aug 4, 2014 6:34 PM
May 2010
Fai said:

lol I know that 02 had its problems, but I always thought that the epilogue of the series was much better than say, "Continuing on your adventure forever and ever for 16 seasons and 16 movies." You know, like a certain other 'mon' series.

In other words, at least there's closure.
Aug 4, 2014 7:02 PM

Mar 2008
MasonCage said:
Toddler_Naruto said:

No more donkey jokes please, Saban. We had enough of that from Daisuke- oops, I meant DAVIS.

I don't remember any of that, but then again I haven't seen the dub for the past 10+ years.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Aug 4, 2014 7:40 PM

Sep 2011
Fai said:
GodlyKyon said:

Everyone gets a pokemon? That is just... Uwah.

In the new series we need 2 modernize. Time for some Imouto-Onii-chan Complex

HUE HUE HUE
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 8 hours ago

13 by RobertBobert »»
3 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

94 by Noy_Rican »»
49 minutes ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
10 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.