Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 2014 12:14 PM

Jan 2008
Beautiful wing. Hoping to see Touka kick some ass next episode.

Tsukiyama is too much with him smelling that cloth with Kaneki's blood on it. I hope he dies.
Jul 31, 2014 12:18 PM
Aug 2011
orchidork said:
can someone explain why tsukiyama's scratches from touka healed so fast?

well all ghouls heal fast but this is actually something that doesn't match up quite as well as it should because Tsukiyama isn't in the category of ghoul that has the best/fastest regeneration abilities.
His Kagune- that sort of spiral "weapon" that protrudes out of his arm/shoulders means that he is more of a shield type then a regeneration type.

The categories and abilities of each ghoul should be explained later on. SHOULD...

V @NeutralSide: that's very spoilerish of you
standJul 31, 2014 12:23 PM
Jul 31, 2014 12:19 PM

Apr 2014
sullynathan said:
I have some questions about ghouls
Do ghouls need to sleep?
Do they have regeneration/better healing than humans? If so how?
Are ghouls stronger and faster than humans?
Do ghouls age?
Why would a human/ghoul hybrid be stronger than a ghoul?
How do people become ghouls?

Yes they sleep.
Yes They have stronger regeneration it depends on their kagune,There are three types of Kagune that I can't remember the names.Kaneki has Rize's Which has abnormal regenerations and it comes out of his lower back.

Ghouls age I think,The anteiku manager is pretty old.Wasn't explained in the manga YET!
The manga's Raws are starting to explain Human/Ghoul hybrid so I can't really explain it unless it gets translated.

OffTopic:
Episode 5 was Rush on the start and Made it up in the end.The pacing returned to normal in the end and was pretty satisfied with that.
Still Pretty angry of the Arc switching.In the end they're gonna Show everything in different order of events so Why the Switching!? IT doesn't make sense.
I understand if They add something new,but they aren't so Da F***?
Just stupid directors taking matters into their own hand.
TyrelAug 3, 2014 1:55 PM

Jul 31, 2014 12:22 PM

Jul 2013
sullynathan said:
I have some questions about ghouls
Do ghouls need to sleep?
Do they have regeneration/better healing than humans? If so how?
Are ghouls stronger and faster than humans?
Do ghouls age?
Why would a human/ghoul hybrid be stronger than a ghoul?
How do people become ghouls?

ghouls are still human, i guess they still need sleep yeah.

they got higher regeneration ability, like insta regeneration. though, they cant heal up major wounds at instant (like getting limbs literally destroyed to small bits, they cant regenerate lost arms if the arm is gone.)

look at the manager, he is a ghoul and he is old

in generall hybrids like liger (lion + tiger) are stronger than their counterparts. it was explained better in manga, but anime cut this out

you dont become a ghoul. a ghoul is an entire different species on it own, looking like human, but feasting on human flesh. so far only kaneki is a human turned into a ghoul (ugh, the urge to spoil here is strong, but i will restrain myself here ^_^)

EDIT: ^ DUDE, at least hide the names okay? :D
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jul 31, 2014 12:23 PM

Jul 2013
slovak125 said:

Because he is a ghoul and it can be said that ghouls have increased "stats" like endurance, strenght.

Also it depends on what kind of ghoul they are. (Different kagunes) Touka for example is damn fast, but can't fight for too long i.e low stamina.
Tsukiyama has very strong kagune and high strenght but is a bit slower thanks to that and so on...

There are like 4 different types. Try to browse tokyo ghoul wikia if you want to know more.

thanks for explaining. i'll look up more info or just start reading the manga

parfaited said:

well all ghouls heal fast but this is actually something that doesn't match up quite as well as it should because Tsukiyama isn't in the category of ghoul that has the best/fastest regeneration abilities.

The categories should be explained later on. SHOULD...

so is there something else that is allowing him to heal that fast if he's not in that category?

i hope all of it's explained later on
Jul 31, 2014 12:28 PM

Apr 2014
orchidork said:
slovak125 said:

Because he is a ghoul and it can be said that ghouls have increased "stats" like endurance, strenght.

Also it depends on what kind of ghoul they are. (Different kagunes) Touka for example is damn fast, but can't fight for too long i.e low stamina.
Tsukiyama has very strong kagune and high strenght but is a bit slower thanks to that and so on...

There are like 4 different types. Try to browse tokyo ghoul wikia if you want to know more.

thanks for explaining. i'll look up more info or just start reading the manga

parfaited said:

so is there something else that is allowing him to heal that fast if he's not in that category?

Well Tsukiyama said that Touka was Stronger when She was "Cold" when she was young and that Sneak attack would have taken 10 Seconds to regenerate.
Touka was pretty weak right now Since she isn't as Wild as back then and Her friend's cooking Really messed her up.
That's why Kaneki fed her to be on Her full strength.

Jul 31, 2014 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
Yoriko think that Kaneki is Touka's boyfriend was a lol.

It was good to see the past of Nishiki's back story. I loved how he trying to hold Tsukiyama back to prevent him from laying his hands on Kimi.
Jul 31, 2014 12:32 PM
Aug 2011
orchidork said:

Strickly speaking of Tsukiyama in this episode then no there isn't anything allowing him to heal faster than he should.

Though i'm pretty sure he boasted once that he's better than others because he eats better (fine dining) compared to other ghouls. He is Gourmet after all.
Basically a cheeky "you are what you eat" type of comment. Which makes him more of a bastard ahaha.
standJul 31, 2014 12:35 PM
Jul 31, 2014 12:35 PM

Dec 2013
So much censoring! Though it could've been worse. Alright episode. Definitely looking forward to some Touka action next week. 3/5
Jul 31, 2014 12:35 PM

Apr 2014
parfaited said:
orchidork said:

Strickly speaking of Tsukiyama in this episode then no there isn't anything allowing him to heal faster than he should.

Though i'm pretty sure he boasted once that he's better than others because he eats well -fine dining- compared to other ghouls. He is Gourmet after all.

Basically a cheeky "you are what you eat" type of comment.

Touka is messed up by her Friend's cooking...There's that too.She wasn't in her full strength.
And she wasn't as wild as back when she was younger.Hence why Tsukiyama said that Slash would have taken 10 seconds to regenerate if She was in her original self.

Jul 31, 2014 12:36 PM

Feb 2014
Awesome_G said:
So much censoring! Though it could've been worse. Alright episode. Definitely looking forward to some Touka action next week. 3/5

Censoring? I thought there was only one part where they inversed colors.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jul 31, 2014 12:37 PM
Aug 2011
@NeutralSide: Yeah okay I get it. That too. Geez calm down.
It's because Touka and her attacks are weak here due to what she ate earlier = more reasons why Tsukiyama is able to "heal faster".
As you saw here, she forced herself to eat the stew her friend bought over.
standJul 31, 2014 12:56 PM
Jul 31, 2014 12:38 PM

Sep 2009
That was a pretty exciting episode. I vaguely remember reading some of the chapters that they adapted for this episode a week ago, and it feels like they changed some of the key aspects of some scenes? I just kind of skimmed to avoid major spoilers so maybe I'm wrong.

I'm glad Niski was alive after all, I was wondering if he had actually died from Kaneki's attack. He and his girlfriend are presh and Kaneki and Touko working together was amazing.
Jul 31, 2014 12:39 PM

Jul 2013
orchidork said:

parfaited said:

just to notice: every ghoul got regeneration ability, higher endurance than human etc. there is this classification between ghouls because some types of ghouls are more like more focusing being a tank or more rathr focused on speed than on power.
it doesnt mean that one type is superior than all other types, this is only a general classification. a supposidly weaker type of ghoul to another type still can beat them if they completly over powers them
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jul 31, 2014 12:40 PM

Jul 2014
Yoriko best wingwoman!

Another great episode. I just can't get enough of that OP. I'm so happy that Kaneki is finally starting to get more badass and Touka at full strength is just amazing. Can't wait to see a proper fight next week (although I hope Shuu doesn't die... I love hi; he reminds me of Hisoka from HxH SCHWING!)
Jul 31, 2014 12:47 PM

Jul 2013
parfaited said:
orchidork said:

Though i'm pretty sure he boasted once that he's better than others because he eats better (fine dining) compared to other ghouls. He is Gourmet after all.
Basically a cheeky "you are what you eat" type of comment. Which makes him more of a bastard ahaha.
parfaited said:
@NeutralSide: Yeah okay I get it. That too. Geez calm down.
It's because Touka and her attacks are weak here due to what she ate earlier = more reasons why Tsukiyama is able to heal faster.
As you saw here, she forced herself to eat the stew her friend bought over.

oh okay. thanks for explaining. it all makes a lot more sense now
Jul 31, 2014 12:51 PM

Feb 2012
If you want to strengthen your bond with the one you love, take a tasty bite out of em. That's what I learned from this episode, lets all try it out
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2014 12:52 PM

Jul 2010
That last scene was probably my favourite Touka ♥ moment from manga - im really glad they did decent job with it.

incompleteAEGISJul 31, 2014 1:00 PM
Jul 31, 2014 12:54 PM

Apr 2011
Toka is fucking amazing.
Jul 31, 2014 12:56 PM

Jul 2013
holy fuck that bite :3
that bite that bite that bitethat bite that bite that bitethat bite that bite that bitethat bite that bite that bitethat bite that bite that bitethat bite that bite that bitethat bite that bite that bitethat bite that bite that bitethat bite that bite that bite

excellent episode
Jul 31, 2014 1:00 PM

Apr 2013
pretty good episode.

though i find it weird how 1 little bite is enough to bring touka back to full power.
Jul 31, 2014 1:11 PM
Jan 2011
WToka getting a taste of Ken's flesh really pisses Onichan.
Jul 31, 2014 1:15 PM

Apr 2014
xSanox said:
pretty good episode.

though i find it weird how 1 little bite is enough to bring touka back to full power.

If I'm not wrong, basically one human is enough for the ghouls to last a month so I'm sure that one little bite was more than enough for touka.
Jul 31, 2014 1:21 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Better than last episode to be honest. Cannot wait to see that guys azz kicked good and proper next episode.

Why had the MC's changed back to normal? I though his one eye looked totally ghoulish all the time?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 31, 2014 1:25 PM

Jun 2009
TRES BIEN!!!!!!

Doesn't this make you hungry?
Jul 31, 2014 1:37 PM

Dec 2011
Best episode so far....well i think i'm gonna start reading the manga now.I just can't wait any more for a whole week for the next episode.
Jul 31, 2014 1:48 PM
Aug 2009
This show is just getting better and better with every episode. Loved every bit of this episode.

Seems like Toka will be super powerful since she bit off a piece of legendary one eyed ghoul. Haha and I loved how Tsukiyama hated the bite Toka took.

We're definitely in for some amazing action
Jul 31, 2014 2:04 PM

Apr 2014
It starts getting better at last. I have much respect for Nishiki now. Toka looked amazing in the end of the episode. Tsukiyama's reactions were very priceless xD. However, seriously, this censorship...
Jul 31, 2014 2:07 PM
Nov 2011
Hey, it was way better than episode 4 =D I'm happier now, it's still pretty rushed and the arcs shift is anoying, but at least they showed Nishiki's past and Yoriko giving food to Touka =D(and that lil bit of Kaneki thinking while fighting, of course it was almost nothing and with no strategy, but I'm trying to be positive here XD)
Love Mamoru Miyano's Tsukiyama! So perfect!
Jul 31, 2014 2:23 PM

Aug 2013
I can't get over how amazing the OP is. It is probably my favorite OP of the season. There are some other really good ones, but this is one is just freaking epic!

Pretty good episode, too. The flamboyant dude is annoying as hell. I hope he dies soon!
Jul 31, 2014 2:27 PM

Oct 2013
Manga readers, just enjoy the ride it's obvious this series has already been butchered but I'm still enjoying it. This episode was pretty good.
Jul 31, 2014 2:29 PM

Nov 2007
Budget problems are starting to show. Too bad.

It was a good episode, Tsukiyama is just nuts and Miyano Mamoru is just so good. Looking forward to Toka kicking ass next week.
Jul 31, 2014 2:29 PM

May 2014
fantastic episode! Loved the reveal of Nishiki's background. I'm so excited for the next episode, and to see Touka's badassery reach new heights ^^
Jul 31, 2014 2:42 PM

Dec 2011
That's one hell of a nightmare to be waking up from... poor Kaneki...

Touka-chan sure lives close to the store... hurr hurr XD

I was hoping we wouldn't get to see that bastard Gourmet for some time, seems I was wrong.

Ah, her friend and classmate appears, time to eat guys :3

Yoriko has given you the sign of approval, go for it Touka! Misunderstandings OP!

Oh dear lord... we get to see more intimate moments between the pervert and and his handkerchief...

Kaneki's such a nice guy saving Nishio after the awful things he did previously.

Kaneki for president!

The worst case scenario just happened... Kimi got kidnapped by the biggest perv of the year 2014...

LOL, eating Kaneki while he eats Kimi, sick creepy bastard ass pervert...

Freaking hell, he's really strong for a pervert.

Damn, Touka got pierced by Tsukiyama...

So Nishio had a hard childhood and lost sister due to her being betrayed by someone that she thought to have loved her... T.T

Let me guess, Kaneki's going to suggest that Touka should eat his flesh in order to regain her strength since she's probably the only one that can fight Tsukiyama on even terms.

It looks like a I was right and now an epic fight can start XD.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 31, 2014 2:57 PM
Nov 2011
Marzan said:

Why had the MC's changed back to normal? I though his one eye looked totally ghoulish all the time?

No no, Kaneki just cant control his left eye. It only get diferent when he is either hungry or in the heat of the batle/threatened. Normal Ghouls can control their eyes colors to certain point, but Kaneki's will turn red easily without his concent. Thats why Itori tossed that glass of blood on him before removing his eyepatch in episode 4
MilenartJul 31, 2014 4:13 PM
Jul 31, 2014 3:04 PM

Jan 2014
Gourmet was seriously weird this episode, he is so sick and psycho but amazing at same time XD
Jul 31, 2014 3:15 PM

Jan 2014
A quite touching and meaningful episode. I really did enjoy it.
Jul 31, 2014 3:34 PM

Jul 2014
Felt rushed, still was a great episode.
Can't wait Touka's Fight next week
Jul 31, 2014 3:43 PM

Jan 2014
Tokyo Ghoul is slightly getting better each episode, hope they don't fuck it up
Jul 31, 2014 3:45 PM

Aug 2011
Shitty animation.
Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your Poker Face.~
Jul 31, 2014 3:46 PM
Feb 2014
U know, this episode felt like it had a whole lot of potential but... it failed to be great...

Firstly, seriously, the arc went by too fast. A few things would've benefitted frm some slower pacing. Though, i guess this was alreay pretty obvious frm the previous episode.

I mean, things like Nishio's characterisation sufferred, imo. He has a pretty good backstory, and his current self is really cool. But I found it hard to link up his actions frm his past to the current him... I feel some parts of the story could've been fleshed out. Same with Kimi, I dun feel I understand where she's coming frm... it's like, oh, ok, she's doig that cos the anime is saying that's what she does xp

Okay, coming to episode specific details... censoring was ugh... Tsukiyama is actually kinda funny to wath with his over the top reactions when thinkig abt Kaneki. Kaneki, seems really stupid to me... I dont understand why he didnt tell anyone abt what Tsukiyama did. And he seems pretty damn lucky Touka showed up, bcos once agn, it felt extremely stupid to go off to save someone when ur pretty pathetic urself...

Now, some things that arent makig much sense to me...
1. Why was Nishio struggling so much? Couldn't he just kill any random human and eat the person's flesh to recover? I feel some explanation's been left out...

2. Kimi's story clashes with what she said... she said she didnt mind Nishio eatig human's as lobg as they werent her parent or siblings... but, her parents and younger bro are already dead ... -_-

3. I'm wondering how Tsukiyama was gonna force Kaneki to eat Kimi. Doesnt seem feasible unless he confines kaneki for days to starve him, then dangle Kimi in front of Kaneki xp...

4. How did Touka know Kaneki was in trouble. That kinda came out of the blue. Again, I feel like some explanation was missing.

5. Er... wondering how Kaneki saved Nishio frm the grp of ghouls that were bullying Nishio. They just showed him punch one guy... er, I thought Kaneki was still pretty weak xp... and considering the fact that the grp were all ghouls, I cant imagine how he could've gotten out of that situation with Nishio without remaining unscathed...

Er... I guess my main problems all have to do with the half-baked explanation in the anime... definitely gonma read the manga after the anime finishes cos a lot of the story elements n ideas sound really cool. Too bad the anime isnt doing such a great job at using those great ideas...
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 31, 2014 3:49 PM
Jun 2011
really good episode much better than the last one by far. Rushed at the begining tho
Jul 31, 2014 3:56 PM

Jun 2014
Well what a cheery little flashback and back story. Hmm seems like Touka and Tsukiyama have quite a bit of history too. And they have the same hair color... siblings?
Jul 31, 2014 3:58 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Tsukiyama makes me laugh....He is so much like Hisoka xDD

This episode managed to make me feel bad for Nishiki...A character that I thought that I would hate straight through the series....He and and Kimi are cute together...I hope she doesn't die :(

And Touka is just fucking awesome...I can't wait to see the fight next week

Also, rushed series is rushed...It's a shame this is only 12 eps and last but not leaset, the censors piss me off and just ruins the fight scenes -_-
Jul 31, 2014 4:02 PM

Mar 2014
Tsukiyama is freaking crazy when he goes all obsessed with Kaneki. He should probably take a chill pill sometime......
Jul 31, 2014 4:11 PM

Sep 2010
That was.. hmm.. disturbing? Even with the censoring. Sort of hoping Tsukiyama gets killed next episode.

I wish Kaneki had better hair. It kills me everytime.
Jul 31, 2014 4:15 PM
Nov 2011
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Well what a cheery little flashback and back story. Hmm seems like Touka and Tsukiyama have quite a bit of history too. And they have the same hair color... siblings?

They dont have the same hair color o-o Touka has dark blue hair and Tsukiyama has bright purple hair o.o
Jul 31, 2014 4:28 PM

Apr 2012
creepy mother fucker lol
Loved the ghoul / human relationship between Nishiki/ Kimi

decent epi

Jul 31, 2014 4:30 PM

Jun 2012
Ugh, the censoring makes me so fricken mad. I wanna see everything!

But this episode was still pretty awesome even though it was a bit fast.

Tsukiyama was being extra creepy this episode. I've never seen someone so..."turned on" by food.

I like how toward the end Touka-chan made Tsukiyama mad by biting Kaneki. And she had to make it kinda...hot, by biting his bare neck. Tsukiyama was so pissed, I had to pause and laugh at his reaction!
Just waiting y’know...for death. If you also are waiting for sweet death...cool (・u・)
My list that has slightly more watched than PTW anime.
Jul 31, 2014 4:37 PM

Mar 2010
LOL at all those snifing parts. I was literally LOLing the whole time.

So that's Hisoka with Yagami Light's voice for you. xD

VanishingKira said:

Anyways back to this episode,same shit as last week,more terrible pacing and censoring.

I am glad i have read the manga. I can totally put up with the rushing pace, because luckily they know how to show the interesting parts of the story. They only have so little episodes and they LACK TIME. So what they are doing with this little time given to them - it aint bad, it aint bad at all. If the pacing annoys you, read the manga.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

430 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 7, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

319 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 6, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

859 by WarlockGames17 »»
Feb 2, 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.