Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 1, 2014 11:23 AM

Mar 2012
This was by far and away the best episode of the series so far.

I'd say this anime has had a slow ascent into being good. I didn't think it got off to the best of starts, but every episode so far seems to be getting better and better. I'm hoping it builds into something great. Knowing P.A. Works, they are certainly capable of doing that.
Aug 1, 2014 2:14 PM

Jan 2014
mad_season said:
Fiji said:
I feel like almost nothing happen... still expecting a heavier development.

Side note: Maybe somebody has pointed this down, but I noticed the opening has some animation/design inconsistency with Touko, she starts with short hair.... and then when she meets Sacchan she has longer hair afterwards. >.<

The OP actually tells a lot of past events & how the group of friends were formed.
Touko with the short hair is a freshman and her best friend is Sachi.
Sachi helps Touko with her studies as seen in the train wherein they were reading a book. It also implies that Touko had average grades which she was embarrassed about when she and Kakeru talked in episode two.

Now, we see again Touko with longer hair riding a bike. But now Hina's wearing a uniform indicating she's in middle school. It also means Touko is in her second year. This is followed by a scene in the cafe wherein Hiro falls in love (at first sight) with Sachi. The question now is how the two boys were able to make friends with the two girls. I assume Touko befriends Yuki (which I think left an impression on him). Or Hiro could have bug Yuki to get to know the two girls. Yuki and Hiro, I guess, were already best buds by that time. The four of them also probably went to the same school. But Yana has a different skirt suggesting she's from another school and she's the last one to join.

Come to think of it, how come she tags along with Yuki when she might have her own set of friends. I suppose she was interested to see that girl that Yuki might have been talking about albeit unconsciously.

You, sir, are a master of observation. I hadn't even thought about the OP being backstory, but now that I rewatched it after reading what you said there's no way it couldn't be. As for how Hiro got included in their group of friends, Touko and Sachi were probably already friends with Yukinari, who was friends with Hiro, so when Yuki came into the cafe and saw the three of them he introduced them to each other along with Yanagi and the five of them live happily ever after until Kakeru moves into town.
Aug 1, 2014 2:52 PM
Jan 2014
K1ngOfHeroes said:
kawaii-despair said:

I don't think so,Chisaki was an indecisive airhead,Yanagi knows what she wants and what to say. It's more like Manaka+Chisaki=Touko.

Chisaki literally was a filler for the entire series. She liked Hikari, told him when it was too late. Then tried to fight her feelings for Tsumugu for the 2nd half of the story. Damn was it annoying.

She did like Hikari in the 1st half but she also did like Tsumugu in the later parts of 1st half as well. I think it was episode 9,10, or 11 when she accidentally touched Tsumugu's shoulder and got all flustered because of it, or when Kaname was telling Chisaki (after Chisaki had a mini-fight with Tsumugu) that Tsugumu was able to make her have different expressions.

Now as for her fighting her feelings for Tsumugu in the 2nd half, can you really blame her? She was still under the impression that her best friend, Manaka, still liked him, so of course she was gonna feel self-conscious about it.
Aug 1, 2014 3:14 PM
Jun 2014
Does anybody know what the piano song is called that played when Kakeru took Touko to the spot he found in the forest? It was really beautiful :')
Aug 1, 2014 3:59 PM

May 2013
c:
Aug 1, 2014 5:26 PM

Jun 2012
Yanagi best girl.
Aug 1, 2014 6:02 PM

Jul 2013
Shuhan said:
Yanagi best girl.
Aug 1, 2014 6:06 PM

Oct 2007
I don't know why I watch this anymore. I hate all of the characters except Yanagi. I think her confession was done perfectly; she didn't act like a pathetic child and blush and kyaa and all that shit, she was actually mature about her feelings and her knowledge of what would happen. She was saving herself a lot of embarrassment by presenting herself like that and it takes guts to do that.

Touko can fuck off. She is just so, so irritating. "Oh no our hands are nEARLY TOUCHING?! Oh no I better get flustered over literally nothing and fun away like a little baby and leave this poor stupid boy wondering what the fuck he did wrong!"
Aug 1, 2014 8:40 PM

Dec 2013
Right now all the character's are in limbo. Yanagi was mature about her feelings and seems to be moving on away from Yuki, even going so far as to say that she might end up leaving the house (?). But her second comment about losing respect if Yuki gave up on Touko and went for her just put Yuki in a bind pretty much. Yuki is probably not gonna get Touko, considering how her feelings for Kakeru is developing, and Yanagi just cut him off too. I really feel sorry for the guy, since he's done nothing wrong except fall for Touko, and now he's almost completely out of the loop (next to 0 interaction with either girls now) whereas Kakeru suddenly has two girls pining for him.
I think it's gonna take some major development from Yuki next episode to bring him back into the game, otherwise he's going to be relegated to a bit-part sub character from here on out.

I'm expecting that Yanagi will slowly, but surely fall for Kakeru, leading to a happy little triangle, Touko will get with him in the end (hence her future predictions of smiling Kakeru and crying Yanagi in previous episodes). Something will happen after that and Sachi will get into some car accident and be shipped to the hospital, or something like that.

All in all, the backgrounds and the still were great, but the development for all the characters is still a bit stinted. Hope they make up for it next episode.

We really need Johnathan and the rest of them back!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 1, 2014 8:54 PM

Jun 2014
Everything is so sporadic, how they just seemingly invite each other over to their houses, make meetings on the spot.

The confession was by no means awkward, given her situation you shouldn't really date someone who likes your best friend and she even said "I'd be really happy If you gave up Touko for me, but I would have lost respect for you".

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Aug 1, 2014 8:56 PM

Jun 2013
This anime is almost half way through and so far this is how much I care about all the characters:
Aug 1, 2014 10:17 PM
Dec 2013
76th said:
Shuhan said:
Yanagi best girl.

I also can't get myself to care for the characters except for Yanagi x Kakeru. Thats it.
That confession was tense and bold. At least it wasn't some "I-I-I-I-I-I l-l-l-l-l-l-li-li-li-like y-y-y-y-you" otherwise I would have turned off my computer.
And another fucking "EHHHHHHHH?!" from stupid-chan. I'm calling her saying it again next episode.
Aug 2, 2014 12:15 AM
Jun 2014
NineThousandOne said:
mad_season said:

The OP actually tells a lot of past events & how the group of friends were formed.
Touko with the short hair is a freshman and her best friend is Sachi.
Sachi helps Touko with her studies as seen in the train wherein they were reading a book. It also implies that Touko had average grades which she was embarrassed about when she and Kakeru talked in episode two.

Now, we see again Touko with longer hair riding a bike. But now Hina's wearing a uniform indicating she's in middle school. It also means Touko is in her second year. This is followed by a scene in the cafe wherein Hiro falls in love (at first sight) with Sachi. The question now is how the two boys were able to make friends with the two girls. I assume Touko befriends Yuki (which I think left an impression on him). Or Hiro could have bug Yuki to get to know the two girls. Yuki and Hiro, I guess, were already best buds by that time. The four of them also probably went to the same school. But Yana has a different skirt suggesting she's from another school and she's the last one to join.

Come to think of it, how come she tags along with Yuki when she might have her own set of friends. I suppose she was interested to see that girl that Yuki might have been talking about albeit unconsciously.

You, sir, are a master of observation. I hadn't even thought about the OP being backstory, but now that I rewatched it after reading what you said there's no way it couldn't be. As for how Hiro got included in their group of friends, Touko and Sachi were probably already friends with Yukinari, who was friends with Hiro, so when Yuki came into the cafe and saw the three of them he introduced them to each other along with Yanagi and the five of them live happily ever after until Kakeru moves into town.

Thanks! Not really. I still read others' take on the series so as not to miss anything. I'm interested still on how Touko, Sachi and Yuki became friends. If we rank the three by friendliness, it's Touko who comes out on top, followed by Yuki and Sachi. That's why I assume it's her who befriends Yuki. And her somewhat rudeness (which Yuki said he liked about Touko in episode 4) might have come into play.
Aug 2, 2014 1:45 AM

Jul 2012
Series is soo slow. On the positive side, that P.A. Works scenery was breathtakingly beautiful.
Aug 2, 2014 4:51 AM

Dec 2010
The ED followed the episode's mood really bad. But the episode was really good, there were no cliffhangers as well

CrazeeeSkyhopper said:
Lol, made my day.
Aug 2, 2014 6:11 AM
Jun 2014
Did anyone notice what Yanagi told Yukinari when he met her on the bridge?

-> This is where I take a break, eat, drink some water and get ready for the rest of the trip.

-->

Her confession symbolizes the break, the end of her 'first trip', ( The end of old Yanagi, who is in love with Yukinari)
-Get ready for the rest of the trip- underlines the new chapter in her life after the break or rather confession.

So Yanagi is definetely goin' to start a new chapter in her life ( maybe with Kakeru? who knows)
Aug 2, 2014 6:34 AM

Apr 2013
For people to think Yanagi should end up with Kakeru doesn't make sense for me, you don't simply change who you like with a snap of a finger, especially when she liked yukinari for so long (Even chisaki took years before that happens). I'm pretty sure this won't be the case for them other than Yanagi moving on and being forever alone.

I guess I'm somewhat from the strange bunches who actually like the story and its progression until now. It felt rather unorthodox where many things are portrayed metaphorically or differently instead of typical tropes.

Liked the toukoXkakeru scene with the classical piece, it had a strangely nice feel to it, hmmm.

Tl:dr It's strange and awkward yet it's sensational, I like it.
Aug 2, 2014 9:18 AM

Dec 2011
Well I hope that Yukinari will do well at his track meet, even though he's an annoying bastard just like Kakeru lol.

LOL, Yanagi undercover, she sure won't attract any attention with that getup.

Well said Yanagi, well said.

Oh look, it's Kakeru and his ever present cap.

So Hiro is on another date with Sachi where he's going to fall asleep... gg...

LOL, Hiro escaped and Sachi duped Touko into thinking it was her mom downstairs. Ah, Sachi told her that Hiro was here earlier and ever said that they aren't dating O.o

Hahaha... poor Touko made a fool out of herself XD.

His tent room lol.

Go for it Yanagi, confess!

Ohooo, she really confessed, but it seemed to half-assed, even though her attitude towards the future seems right.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 2, 2014 9:56 AM

Sep 2010
Jaythor said:
For people to think Yanagi should end up with Kakeru doesn't make sense for me, you don't simply change who you like with a snap of a finger, especially when she liked yukinari for so long.

It happened in Golden Time...

Still Touko is getting on my nerves as well constantly worrying about others and their relationships and not really developing much of her own.
Aug 2, 2014 1:44 PM

Feb 2012
This will get better, right?

I only keep watching in hopes that David and Touko will end up together and learn something about glass making.
Aug 2, 2014 2:15 PM

Jan 2014
The only positives so far has been the beautiful animation (P.A. Works duhhhh) and I love the soundtrack up to this point. Other than that it's been highly disappointing and I definitely fell for the whole "next Nagi No Asukara" build-up :/ Can't forget the chickens though, we need more chickens!!!
Aug 2, 2014 6:18 PM
Jun 2014
y123y said:
For this episode, I was hoping that Yanagi would show some emotion in her confession to Yuki (maybe some blushing, nervous sweat, etc).

And i dont think that Yanagi has "moved on" from Yuki like the majority of the comments here have said that she has. Since when is a confession to someone you have romantic feelings for the end of that feeling?

Remember that Yanagi thinks that Yuki has already rejected her, but Yuki HAS NOT REJECTED YANAGI. Yanagi is just assuming.

On the other hand, Yuki looks like he has clearly moved on from Touko. From the time where he confessed to her, to where she rejected him and told him that she only sees him as a friend, to where Yuki finally realized that Touko has some romantic feelings for Kakeru and none for him.

P.A. cannot turn this anime into a love triangle between Kakeru, Yanagi, and Touko, like many of the comments here are predicting. This is not how this anime was advertised. You cannot make Yuki a pointless side character. In my opinion, he is the most interesting character in this anime, like Kaname was for Asukara.

Maybe Yuki hasn't really. As someone who is cool as described by Touko, he has been acting otherwise. In episode 4, he followed her into school. The resulting conversation seemed awkward. And he was compelled to ask her what he suspected or feared. He also ran away, leaving Touko behind.

Kaname's last look at Chisaki was really shattering for me.
Aug 2, 2014 7:20 PM

Jul 2014
To be honest the only ship i 100% care about right now is Hiro x Sachi. If Sachi turns out to be a lesbian (aka has a crush on touko) im gonna be so fucked off bc honestly i really like Hiros character & knowing that he will probably get nowhere with Sachi is killing me. What are you guys' thoughts on the whole Hiro x Sachi situation? would you be fine with it not progressing? Sachi turning out to be a lesbian? Personally i want Hiro to get the girl sooo badly (as i already blatantly showed)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2014 10:29 PM

Mar 2014
Wow this is like a complete 180 from last week's episode. Pretty enjoyable episode.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 3, 2014 5:44 AM

Jun 2013
Ugh part of me wants Touko to be with Kakeru but on the other hand, I kinda want her to be with Yuki.....

What's with Yanagi's confession, didn't even give him a chance to respond/react LOL
Aug 3, 2014 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
Touko's seiyuu is driving me nuts, I know she's a rookie and everything, but every time she goes 'EHHHH" I cringe.

Also I hope Sachi makes her intentions clear to Hiro. It should be obvious to her that he likes her, so she better tell him if she's interested or not or he's going to get hurt. Pretty typical set up so far, no one liking the right person, hope it gets more creative. The whole future thing also feels like a side note and has barely received any treatment.
Aug 3, 2014 11:54 PM

Oct 2013
Darn. I'm kinda starting to feel the personalities of everyone, but I wish they developed them a little more like people were saying.

MORE CHOPIN! This anime is seriously amazing for classical piano fans. Lol. Now if they can just develop the characters a lot more
Aug 6, 2014 8:26 AM

Jul 2008
Yanagi's bold confession :) regardless, I think the stage is already set for her and Yukinari. Touko and Kakeru's fate seem to be decided as well :D
Aug 6, 2014 8:39 AM

Nov 2010
Touko getting surprised and flustered is amusing to see
When Yanagi stood out at the stadium it reminded me of an older lady which resembled her at a soccer brawl

Summer love at it's best is what this is so far
Aug 6, 2014 12:07 PM

Feb 2014
0/5 no Johnathan

On a more serious note, this episode was pretty bland...as always. Here are my thoughts on the relationships thus far:

Between Hiro and Sachi, I think that it's best if Sacchan tells Hiro that she doesn't have romantic feelings for him. When he finds out that Sachi only likes him as a friend, Hiro will be more sad the longer it takes for her to admit it. Although I'm unsure if Sachi actually knows that he has feelings for her.

As for Yanagi and Yuki: on one hand I kinda want them to be together so that Yanagi isn't sad, but on the other hand I don't want them to be together if Yuki is just saying yes to please Yanagi. Regardless, I did not like Yanagi's confession. "I like you, but I already know you're gonna reject me". To me that's either her way of just letting out her feelings or she's trying to guilt Yuki to be with her. I sure hope it's not the second possibility.

As for Touko and Kakeru, I want them to be together. Kakeru said how he doesn't have feelings for Yanagi so he and Touko should go for it! But Touko is way too awkward. She's like: "oh I'm sitting next to Okikura-kun...eeeeehh! I'd better run away because this is so awkward!" geez, Touko. You got what you want. Stop being awkward and embrace the moment.

Anyway, this show is flowing like molasses. And I still wonder why Okikura sleeps in a tent.
Noodle070Aug 8, 2014 4:37 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2014 10:20 PM

Jan 2012
that confession was the bestest confession of all confession history of confessions

to top with, not one, but TWO shounen style freeze frames.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Aug 8, 2014 7:25 PM

Jul 2012
They wasted two whole minutes on that weird forest scene. LOL Okay, it was pretty relaxing though.

"I like you, but you don't like me okay. I know you like her and you confessed to her. I don't know what will happen after you reject me. Anyway, see ya later!"

Kitoge said:
MORE CHOPIN! This anime is seriously amazing for classical piano fans. Lol. Now if they can just develop the characters a lot more

Yeah, I really like the OST. I would have watched this at 1.5x speed (which is what I do for a lot of other shows) but the OST is too good to fast forward.
Aug 8, 2014 8:51 PM

Nov 2008
So far this is one of my favorite episodes. Touko is the one falling in love and there does not seem to be any progress for the others.

Would have loved it if they had held hands. I hope everyone has a happy ending.
Aug 9, 2014 6:03 PM

Feb 2013
It's a nice anime... but, they should focus more on seeing the future. There has been no point to that ability so far.

Hiro didn't lose any points sleeping during the movie it seems.
Aug 10, 2014 11:59 AM

Dec 2009
I'm waiting for the ultimate plot twist as Yukinari ends up with Kakeru.
Aug 12, 2014 6:59 AM
Aug 2013
XD YANAGI (⌐■_■)

Sachi is in action *eyebrow wriggles*
stuff here happens really fast... and weird huh???? Yanagi and Yuki really looks just as good as Yanagi and Kakeru

About her confession I don't think that was annoying, because
Yuki doesn't seem to care or is even shown that he is thinking about it seriously, even if she did wait for an answer, I don't think he'll be able to give something.
If she acted differently afterwards, things will get worsen because again he doesn't seem to care that much and would worry about their relationship falling apart instead.
If she didn't confess, some people would probably say "at least try and say it to him even if you know you'll get rejected" like in a lot of other series, plus it's good to have things of your system.

That was a beautiful place Kakeru, that was so sweet however, there is no chemistry between you
Aug 14, 2014 4:47 PM

Jan 2011
The animation is getting cheaper and general score (and reviews) are bad news.
Expecting some bad stuff now. Q_Q
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 16, 2014 10:13 AM

Mar 2012
Eeeeh? Eeeehhhhh? EEEEEHHHHHH?!??!?!?! -- Summarizes the episode jk hi touko
I don't know if Touko genuinely likes Okikura or she's just confused because someone pointed out (Yukinari) that she likes Okikura. Like her mind started wondering "Oh my heart's racing when I'm with him. Maybe Yuki's right? Maybe? Yeah?"
Sacchi's weird, too. It's still unknown if she knows about Hiro's feelings or not. I think she sees him as just a friend though. Nevertheless, Hiro's not really doing some moves, so *shrugs*.

CrazeeeSkyhopper said:

EMEGERD ASGDASLFHVLHQ
Aug 16, 2014 6:33 PM

Jan 2011
Best scene of the episode: Okikura "Crap"
Aug 27, 2014 11:07 AM

May 2010
I like Sachi's dressing.

How could you mistake their voices, Touko...

At this point, Hiro's sis and Yanagi are the best characters.

This episode was boring. The confession scene was nice, but kinda lacked emotions.
Aug 29, 2014 5:10 AM

Dec 2012
LOL @ all of the random stills. I can see what people mean by nothing really happening in this show, but I can't say it bothers me. The easy going, uneventful pace is a bit relaxing.
Aug 29, 2014 10:42 AM

Jan 2014
The confession speech was powerful, Yanagi is my favorite character.
Another relaxing episode, with really nothing to say about it. I still don't get Sacchi's ambitions.
She seems to like Touko, but realizes that she will be confined to do it in secret forever.
Aug 31, 2014 2:56 PM

Jun 2013
I keep seeing people talking about how bad and how boring this anime is,but through five episodes i havent been bored yet, its a pretty good anime so far :)
Sep 5, 2014 10:56 AM

Feb 2013
Looks like relationships are a confusing thing. Looks like that's true in anime too.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Oct 7, 2014 2:38 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice episode! Let's see what's next!
Oct 30, 2014 11:29 PM

Apr 2011
Oh, Yanagi finally confess to him. That was straight and fast. Pretty sure she summoned all her courage to tell what she feels.
Nov 20, 2014 8:50 PM

Jun 2011
CrazeeeSkyhopper said:
LOL Easily the best scene in the episode, so random, the cool shots.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 13, 2015 12:41 PM
Nov 2014
Eh... I guess the animation was kinda nice, the episode not so much.
Jun 26, 2016 9:58 AM

Jan 2010
And we're 3 for 3 for awkward confessions. How about that.
Oct 14, 2016 8:53 AM

Jul 2014
It looks weird when they overlay the chibi circles on top of the realistically-drawn detailed backgrounds.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

343 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.