Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 11, 2014 7:53 AM

Dec 2012
Ryukatsuka said:
Sasuke's 'The Last' character designs have been released recently. Now I see how it all ends. Lol.

But in all seriousness though, this latest development at least makes sense now, and Sasuke seems to have solid ideals and sensible goals. If we look at it objectively, the Shinobi system has been one of predominant failure since the very beginning, and much of the villains and antagonists until now (Pain, Zabuza, Kabuto, Orochimaru, Madara) were all by-products of that failed system. When Naruto dies, the villages will probably go back to warring with each other like they've always done throughout history. So yes, their world IS in need of a revolution. Otherwise what's to stop the cycle of hatred from repeating itself and another Madara being born. Simply defeating Kaguya won't change anything, and the root of the issue (which is Chakra itself and the system) will still be present. So he's on the right track.

But he's going about it the wrong way, considering he wants to assassinate the current Kage; those leaders who agreed for the first time in history to put aside their differences and form an alliance, mind you. How the hell does he expect people will react to that? Does he really think the world will change? Despite being a realist, Sasuke has always been too self-centered for his own good. I'm gonna wait until Naruto and him converse and he actually makes clear his goals and elaborates more, but so far I'm getting strange dictator-ish vibes from him.

Lmao. I expected a bad meme but that's really witty.

Anyway. I think the root of the problem so to speak with Sasuke, is that he never cares or think about others, he just doesn't value others most of the time, except for Itachi. Well I think it would be interesting to see, if there is more to his revolution than typical tyranny. Damn the cliffhanger was good :o
Sep 11, 2014 8:39 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah, I think you have a point, Tsudecimo.
Sep 11, 2014 10:18 AM

Mar 2014
tsudecimo said:
danae17 said:
a) Kakashi/Sakura will interfere because they don't wanna sit idly while they fight with all their power. I don't think that's gonna happen though because of all this excitement that the chapter built up.
b) they will have a battle while simultaneously discussing. Somehow Sasuke is convinced and counters the infinite tsukuyomi.

I don't think they will interfere. They are really outclassed, and can't do anything physically to interfere.

I doubt that. I'm imagining a new for Naruto to handle this. And I really don't see Sasuke ever getting convinced by something Naruto says. Ever since the timeskip Sasuke really did break his bonds with Naruto, his motivations still continue to be about Itachi, so I don't think he cares about Naruto, like Naruto cares about Sasuke.

danae17 said:
I don't think there will be deaths, because as Naruto stated, they will both die if they fight. He also said he is the only one who can bear the burden of Sasuke's hatred. So maybe, this will be an intense fight and the outcome will be Sasuke's change.
Whatever happens though, in Naruto Shippuden we've only seen Sasuke as an avenger, who only wants to complete his goals and doesn't care for his former comrades. I really like his character, but I can't imagine him becoming good and caring like when he was younger, it would be very weird imo.

Back then, a couple of years ago, I imagined both of them dying, but I'm not sure that will happen. There is just a lot of possibilities, that keep going through my head lol. I don't think Sasuke still has that same hatred, he is more driven by love actually, if that makes sense, he is doing this because of Itachi, I hope we get to see more of Sasuke's point of view and what he means by revolution, I would desire a more unique approach than tyranny.

I just hope the whole situation doesn't end in a single chapter :P

I imagined that too. It wouldn't be bad imo, it would be epic, emotional and somewhat unpredictable. I mean, right now, it's like we're waiting for Naruto to become the hokage. And it is confirmed that he will live because of the movie. If you think that Sasuke won't be convinced, what do you think will happen to him in the future? I really can't imagine. I bet he won't die, since he has a very powerful rinnegan. I think shit is about to get serious, Sasuke even used chibaku tensei.
Sep 11, 2014 1:51 PM

Aug 2008
Unfortunately I don't see either of them being a good Hokage at this rate. Sasuke is too power bound and Naruto is too soft. So I guess the best bet is to make Kakashi the Hokage as he seems the most sensible.

Now unfortunately, there probably is no real answer to change things. Several villains and characters have asked Naruto this question several times, and he never gives a concrete answer. Who could blame him, there really isn't one. All Sasuke is going to do is pretty much do things the way things Pain did at this point it seems. The only thing is Sasuke could argue that he has an unbeatable power compared to any of the prior villains (if he can kill Naruto and keep control of the tailed beasts). So that he will be able to uphold his views with absolute power.

Otherwise I dunno what Sasuke's true view point on the situation is. Perhaps he thinks that having multiple rulers leads to too much divisive power which leads to further conflicts. I'm guessing he wants to unite the world in his own personal way.
Sep 12, 2014 3:59 AM

Dec 2012
@danae17
I want an unpredictable approach to it, so not just convincing by words or simple fight, something more than that.

I think that what Itachi said about the concept of Hokage will have some relevance here.
Sep 12, 2014 9:49 AM

Nov 2013
Sasuke helped revive the Juubi by giving Obito Gyuuki's tail. This lead to the deaths of many people. Namely Neji, Ino's father, and Shikamaru's father. He is a terrible choice for Hokage.
Sep 12, 2014 7:26 PM

Nov 2013
Maybe Sasuke is planning some form of suicide against Naruto. Considering how Sasuke is the kind of person to always take drastic measures, now that he knows everything about the Uchiha from the 4 Hogage it's really possible his conclusion is : "the Uchiha should disappear because they bring nothing but problems"

So he went against Obito and Madara and now he is playing the bad guy to have the person he respects the most kill him without feeling regret.

My 2 cents ...
Sep 12, 2014 7:37 PM

Aug 2008
short_review said:
Maybe Sasuke is planning some form of suicide against Naruto. Considering how Sasuke is the kind of person to always take drastic measures, now that he knows everything about the Uchiha from the 4 Hogage it's really possible his conclusion is : "the Uchiha should disappear because they bring nothing but problems"

So he went against Obito and Madara and now he is playing the bad guy to have the person he respects the most kill him without feeling regret.

My 2 cents ...

Doubtful, buttttt I kinda like the idea. Not because I hate Sasuke (I don't anyway), but it does sound like an interesting conclusion.
Sep 12, 2014 9:34 PM

Jul 2012
I found tsundere Kurama to be more amusing and interesting than Sasuke's "revolutionary act". I kinda saw that coming (OP just shown the evidences).
Sep 12, 2014 10:45 PM

Dec 2012
short_review said:

My 2 cents ...

That is actually rather an unpredictable conclusion. It's unlikely because Sasuke's seems really determined and I don't really think he respects Naruto at all, at least not after the time skip.
Sep 13, 2014 10:03 AM

Oct 2009
Ryukatsuka said:
Sasuke's 'The Last' character designs have been released recently. Now I see how it all ends. Lol.

But in all seriousness though, this latest development at least makes sense now, and Sasuke seems to have solid ideals and sensible goals. If we look at it objectively, the Shinobi system has been one of predominant failure since the very beginning, and much of the villains and antagonists until now (Pain, Zabuza, Kabuto, Orochimaru, Madara) were all by-products of that failed system. When Naruto dies, the villages will probably go back to warring with each other like they've always done throughout history. So yes, their world IS in need of a revolution. Otherwise what's to stop the cycle of hatred from repeating itself and another Madara being born. Simply defeating Kaguya won't change anything, and the root of the issue (which is Chakra itself and the system) will still be present. So he's on the right track.

But he's going about it the wrong way, considering he wants to assassinate the current Kage; those leaders who agreed for the first time in history to put aside their differences and form an alliance, mind you. How the hell does he expect people will react to that? Does he really think the world will change? Despite being a realist, Sasuke has always been too self-centered for his own good. I'm gonna wait until Naruto and him converse and he actually makes clear his goals and elaborates more, but so far I'm getting strange dictator-ish vibes from him.

I agree with this a lot. Though when he first talked to the 4 hokages when they were summoned. I felt after hearing the way he reacted and how he suddenly changed from a guy filled with so much hatred and wanted to destroy the village, now wanted to protect it. I was sure he must still have an ulterior motive and that he would have to fight Naruto. It makes sense that he would choose revolution, the current system is flawed, as any system is, and it has caused so many events and things to happen. Itachi killed his clan, lived his life as a traitor and died for the village and his brother. Sasuke's feelings shouldn't be swayed that easily. And so he plans to upheave the current system and create a new one or so it seems atm.

Tsudecimo is right when he pointed out the subtle points in the manga that reveals a bit of Sasuke's intentions.

There are still many outcomes that could happen. The problem at hand is how do they set free the shinobis stuck in infinite tsukyomi. As both Sasuke's and Naruto's power is needed.
I used to think that either Sasuke or Naruto or both would die at the end. And it'd be like the Legend of Naruto and that he would be named Hokage at his death. I also considered the possibility of them both surviving and eventually becoming Hokage, with Sasuke more likely to be the Hokage's Kage (shadow).
Or it could be Sasuke is following the footsteps of his brother and has a plan to become a fall guy and play his role as the bad guy. I think this is unlikely but possible.
I believe that Sasuke is thinking of protecting the "Village" that his brother Itachi sacrificed his life for, but also to prevent anyone else to go through what Itachi had to go through.

But what I'm 100% sure and I hope I'm not proven wrong is that Sasuke vs Naruto will happen as for them to understand each other will not be through words but through their fists hammering their souls.
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.
Sep 14, 2014 4:51 AM

Mar 2014
tsudecimo said:

Lmao. I expected a bad meme but that's really witty.

Anyway. I think the root of the problem so to speak with Sasuke, is that he never cares or think about others, he just doesn't value others most of the time, except for Itachi. Well I think it would be interesting to see, if there is more to his revolution than typical tyranny. Damn the cliffhanger was good :o

Witty, yes. It also makes my beloved Tenten somewhat relevant again :(

Regarding your second point, I concur. But I think he still retains some sort of empathy for others, as shown by how he gave Sakura a hand during their battle in the acid dimension. If anything, his self-centered nature seems to come from the fact that his heart remains trapped in the past. He loved his family and his clan more than anything that has come since. He even said that learning that Itachi was in fact good only made his hatred grow because it made his loss that much deeper.

And now that he has the potential to change the world completely I don't think anything besides almost a completely new life would ever satisfy him. That is probably why he is so intent on burning down the current world and building it anew. He needs a fresh start because everything in the current world reminds him of what he has lost. In his eyes the current world's happiness has been built at his expense and the expense of everyone he loved, he can't accept that world. It definitely isn't typical tyranny, none of Kishimoto's antagonists are like that. They've all wanted and have been aiming for some sort of Utopia, and Sasuke doesn't seem to be any different.
Sep 18, 2014 5:02 PM

Mar 2014
I've heard a a theory of how the fight will play out

Basically, at the end of the fight, when Naruto is charging with his rasengan and Sasuke with his chidori, Naruto will deactivate his Justu and join his seal with Sasuke's seal by grabbing sasuke's chidori hand. That would force the IT to deactivate. it would also explain where the cast on Naruto's hand came from in "The Last" Movie.

to build on top of this, i think Naruto and Sasuke are going to join their dreams together. Sasuke is probably on to something in saying that the Ninja system needs a change but the way he is going about isn't quite good. I feel if Naruto, with his compassion and ability to forgive, were to join with Sasuke, with his intellect and strategic way of thinking, they could create a better system that wouldn't require the tailed Beasts to be restricted or killed.
Sep 18, 2014 5:09 PM

Mar 2014
I saw that theory on reddit two weeks ago, funnily enough. It was pretty thought-compelling, but now that someone's thought of it, Kishi probably won't do it, Heh.
Sep 19, 2014 12:42 AM

Dec 2012
AzuStar said:
I've heard a a theory of how the fight will play out

Basically, at the end of the fight, when Naruto is charging with his rasengan and Sasuke with his chidori, Naruto will deactivate his Justu and join his seal with Sasuke's seal by grabbing sasuke's chidori hand. That would force the IT to deactivate. it would also explain where the cast on Naruto's hand came from in "The Last" Movie.

to build on top of this, i think Naruto and Sasuke are going to join their dreams together. Sasuke is probably on to something in saying that the Ninja system needs a change but the way he is going about isn't quite good. I feel if Naruto, with his compassion and ability to forgive, were to join with Sasuke, with his intellect and strategic way of thinking, they could create a better system that wouldn't require the tailed Beasts to be restricted or killed.

Wow that's pretty great, and would make sense with everything.
Sep 29, 2014 9:08 AM

Aug 2014
How Naruto will end...

Sasuke: Sorry bro im on my period
Naruto: Its alright lets get some ice cream
Chouji becomes Hokage

THE END

Sep 29, 2014 9:16 AM

Dec 2012
That wasn't even creative...

Second hand embarrassment too strong.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.