Forum Settings
Forums

Looking for an anime with a BADASS MC, Action, Comedy (Optional), Romance, and Good Artwork!

New
Jul 30, 2014 11:43 AM

Jul 2014
Whats up fam! Although my animelist is small, its actually much bigger because I keep my list of anime somewhere else :) Lets get started now shall we?

Out of all the animes I've seen, there are 3 types of MCs (Main Characters)
1) Has a strong will (Eren from AoT) always tries to fight, however, doubts himself literally every second, is weak and is in need of help most of the time.
2) Has a good personality, is cool, however is shitty with girls. Gets a nosebleed every time he sees some panties or some shit.
3) Highschool pervert (So, I Can't Play H!, Highschool DxD, literally most animes) Somehow gets a strong superpower even though he doesn't deserve it for shit, becomes OP as show goes on and get a lot of girls.

Yes, these are all cool, however, I'm a picky anime watcher and I'm getting sick of all these MCs.
Here is what I'm looking for: A badass MC that is badass from the start and *Optional* is harsh to others because of something in the past or something. DOESNT MATTER AS LONG AS HE IS BADASS AND OP.
Few examples:
-Akatsuki from Hagure Yuusha no Estetica. This dude was just a badass, not afraid to touch tits, has no problem seeing girls naked, always keeps his composure and remains calm no matter what. Is there to help when something goes down.
-Sadao from Hataraku Maou-Sama! Another badass, when threatened, he isnt afraid to tear shit up. He isnt a loser among girls and he knows what to say most of the time.
-Hei from Darker Than Black. PERFECT EXAMPLE. Hei was just a badass in every way, and the way he wasn't afraid to be cold at times and beat the shit out of everyone in his way was amazing. His harshness kept him on top of things and had a lot of women falling for him.
-Light from Death Note. Although this is a bad example because of how Death Note wasnt about action, Light more or less was the exact character I'm looking for. He wasn't afraid to kill anyone as long as he gets closer to his dream of becoming a new God. He always stayed calm and he was smart as hell.
-Jin and Mugen from Samurai Champloo. Do I even need to explain myself for this? When shit hit the fan, both were ready with drawn out swords to kick ass.
-Rentaro from Black Bullet. He isnt afraid to make bonds with the enemy and he will do anything to keep the ones he love safe. He is strong physically and mentally and he isnt afraid to hold a girls hand while shes down ETC.
-Kirito from Sword Art Online. Obviously popular with the ladies and fucks shit up.
-Staz from Blood Lad. Isnt afraid to get what he wants.
-Rin from Blue Exorcist. Rin as the son of the devil wasnt afraid to beat the shit out of his dad and did everything to become stronger.

There are some examples. NOW, HERE ARE WHAT I WANT IN THE ANIME WITH THE MC IN MIND.
-Action (Obviously....)
-Romance/Harem/Ecchi (Harem and ecchi is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. However there HAS to be some sort of love in the anime or else I dont really get involved :( ) NO DRAMA PLIS SCHOOL DAYS HAD ME DEAD AT THE END LOL. ALSO, I don't care between who and who the love is shared. (Boy and older woman, Brother and Sister, Cousins etc NO YAOIS AND YURIS PLIS)
-Comedy (This is completely optional as well. Darker than Black didn't have comedy in it at all but i still fell in love with it.)
-****GOOD ARTWORK***** PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep this in mind. Oh my god its so hard to get involved in an anime when everyone looks like fucking bricks. I sorta had to force myself through Chrome Shelled Regios because the artwork was a bit outdated. Campione! had OKAY artwork... The artwork from HATARAKU MAOU-SAMA was perfect, exactly what I wanted.

Make sure to include a brief summary and your thoughts of the anime when you are recommending instead of just going: "Chrome shelled regios" Other than this, I really appreciate all the recommendations, thanks in advance!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2014 11:50 AM

Jan 2014
Code Geass, nuff said
- Lelouch is a freaking OP character
Fate/Zero
- Kiritsugu doesnt give a crap about anything
Hellsing Ultimate
- Alucard is amazingly badass
Legend of the Legendary Heroes
- Ryner is really fun to watch :)
Berserk
- ya you might not like the art... but guts is really strong. I personally didn't find a problem with it.

those are just a few, haha
LumitailzJul 30, 2014 12:00 PM
Jul 30, 2014 11:57 AM

Feb 2013
I think that Chrome Shelled Regios has a better artwork than Berserk so maybe he won't like it.

Here are my recommendations:

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Strike the blood
Jul 30, 2014 12:09 PM

Jul 2014
Ah, I watched Strike the Blood, absolutely hated it. The MC was cool, however each episode was literally a repeat of the last except with a new familiar and a new girl for his huge harem group XD. Demon Kind Daimao was okay, I remember thinking that by the time I was on the 8th episode, I only saw him go OP like 2 times. Hataraku Maou-Sama! Was great, definitely a favorite
YuzakiJul 30, 2014 12:48 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2014 12:21 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - It definitely is bizarre in the artwork and the way it presents itself, but great anime nonetheless. Please give it a try.

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles - More of a psychological romance than physical. Has everything you asked for. Especially the art and action.

Fate/Zero - I'm glad someone recommended this earlier. Doesn't quite have the romance you're looking for, but it's full of epic battle scenes and OP characters. It's quite dark, so not much comedy there. Might be confusing to watch in the beginning. Amazing art.

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars nova - The art is different. I think it has a 3D Kind of feel. Has a lot of cute girls and fanservice. The MC is pretty coolheaded and intelligent. One sided love though...haha

Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? - One of the most badass MC probably. No romance but I think the action is good enough to keep you going. All of the characters are pretty like- able.

I'm aware that I recommended some anime that did not completely satisfy your requests. However, they are still in the range and I hope you try them and enjoy them.
Jul 30, 2014 1:00 PM

Jan 2010
I don't understand why you definitely need romance with a bad ass MC. Its a rare combo if you ask me.

Anyways, some of the more bad ass MCs among recent anime

Tokuchi Toua from "One Outs"
Xin from "Kingdom S1 and S2"
Jul 30, 2014 1:11 PM

Feb 2014
Kara no kyoukai
Jul 30, 2014 6:37 PM

Jul 2014
jonnyhan said:
I don't understand why you definitely need romance with a bad ass MC. Its a rare combo if you ask me.

Anyways, some of the more bad ass MCs among recent anime

Tokuchi Toua from "One Outs"
Xin from "Kingdom S1 and S2"

Yeah I know, its really hard to find what I'm looking for haha. Guess I'm getting tired of watching romance animes with the same whiny bitch of an MC there usually is.
Jul 30, 2014 6:37 PM

Jul 2014
jon465055 said:
Kaze no Stigma fits the bill nicely.

The main character, Kazuma, is the most confident character and he has the skills to back it up. If you liked Hagure Yuusha no Estetica, you'd probably enjoy this one as well.

Watched this. Kazuma was a badass! He fits exactly what I am looking for. I shouldve added him to the list can't believe I forgot.
Jul 30, 2014 7:21 PM

Dec 2013
+1 Code Geass

This really shouldn't need much explaining, it's one of the best anime ever made.
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Jul 30, 2014 9:22 PM

Jul 2014
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Campione
Jul 31, 2014 8:36 AM

Jul 2014
Zeroskye said:
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Campione

ah watched both, im loving mahouka koukou no rettousei right now
Dec 11, 2015 10:00 PM
Dec 2015
meliodas from nanatsu no tanzai - super badass mc, shits about to get real when he's mad.

saitama from one punch man - too much epicness in this one, he literally one hit ko his enemies.

yuusha from Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - art is great and very strong mc also. He destroys the mountain like nothing just to impress the people that doesn't believe in him xD

Age from Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan - has a personality like akatsuki(hagure yuusha no estica). He seems nothing worried when he grab the oppais of his disciples and he was told a traitor, but when tragedy comes. He was the only one who solves it and he is not taking the credit just like akatsuki.
Dec 11, 2015 10:25 PM
Nov 2015
D Gray Man
Nov 3, 2016 12:31 PM
Nov 2016
i recommend u to watch grisaia no kajitsu. u need to watch how badass the MC is
Action/ecchi/romance/military
Nov 3, 2016 1:11 PM

Sep 2016
fucking_boss said:
i recommend u to watch grisaia no kajitsu. u need to watch how badass the MC is
Action/ecchi/romance/military
Post is 1 year old :/
Jul 11, 2017 11:18 PM
Apr 2016
Yuzaki said:
Whats up fam! Although my animelist is small, its actually much bigger because I keep my list of anime somewhere else :) Lets get started now shall we?

Out of all the animes I've seen, there are 3 types of MCs (Main Characters)
1) Has a strong will (Eren from AoT) always tries to fight, however, doubts himself literally every second, is weak and is in need of help most of the time.
2) Has a good personality, is cool, however is shitty with girls. Gets a nosebleed every time he sees some panties or some shit.
3) Highschool pervert (So, I Can't Play H!, Highschool DxD, literally most animes) Somehow gets a strong superpower even though he doesn't deserve it for shit, becomes OP as show goes on and get a lot of girls.

Yes, these are all cool, however, I'm a picky anime watcher and I'm getting sick of all these MCs.
Here is what I'm looking for: A badass MC that is badass from the start and *Optional* is harsh to others because of something in the past or something. DOESNT MATTER AS LONG AS HE IS BADASS AND OP.
Few examples:
-Akatsuki from Hagure Yuusha no Estetica. This dude was just a badass, not afraid to touch tits, has no problem seeing girls naked, always keeps his composure and remains calm no matter what. Is there to help when something goes down.
-Sadao from Hataraku Maou-Sama! Another badass, when threatened, he isnt afraid to tear shit up. He isnt a loser among girls and he knows what to say most of the time.
-Hei from Darker Than Black. PERFECT EXAMPLE. Hei was just a badass in every way, and the way he wasn't afraid to be cold at times and beat the shit out of everyone in his way was amazing. His harshness kept him on top of things and had a lot of women falling for him.
-Light from Death Note. Although this is a bad example because of how Death Note wasnt about action, Light more or less was the exact character I'm looking for. He wasn't afraid to kill anyone as long as he gets closer to his dream of becoming a new God. He always stayed calm and he was smart as hell.
-Jin and Mugen from Samurai Champloo. Do I even need to explain myself for this? When shit hit the fan, both were ready with drawn out swords to kick ass.
-Rentaro from Black Bullet. He isnt afraid to make bonds with the enemy and he will do anything to keep the ones he love safe. He is strong physically and mentally and he isnt afraid to hold a girls hand while shes down ETC.
-Kirito from Sword Art Online. Obviously popular with the ladies and fucks shit up.
-Staz from Blood Lad. Isnt afraid to get what he wants.
-Rin from Blue Exorcist. Rin as the son of the devil wasnt afraid to beat the shit out of his dad and did everything to become stronger.

There are some examples. NOW, HERE ARE WHAT I WANT IN THE ANIME WITH THE MC IN MIND.
-Action (Obviously....)
-Romance/Harem/Ecchi (Harem and ecchi is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. However there HAS to be some sort of love in the anime or else I dont really get involved :( ) NO DRAMA PLIS SCHOOL DAYS HAD ME DEAD AT THE END LOL. ALSO, I don't care between who and who the love is shared. (Boy and older woman, Brother and Sister, Cousins etc NO YAOIS AND YURIS PLIS)
-Comedy (This is completely optional as well. Darker than Black didn't have comedy in it at all but i still fell in love with it.)
-****GOOD ARTWORK***** PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep this in mind. Oh my god its so hard to get involved in an anime when everyone looks like fucking bricks. I sorta had to force myself through Chrome Shelled Regios because the artwork was a bit outdated. Campione! had OKAY artwork... The artwork from HATARAKU MAOU-SAMA was perfect, exactly what I wanted.

Make sure to include a brief summary and your thoughts of the anime when you are recommending instead of just going: "Chrome shelled regios" Other than this, I really appreciate all the recommendations, thanks in advance!
Even though you don't want someone not popular with the ladies, you should check 'One Punch Man' out. It might interest you in the first two to three episodes, it gets REALLY cool afterwards.
Jul 12, 2017 2:42 AM

Apr 2017
The MCs of God Eater and Kabaneri no Kotetsujou are kind of OP and Eren-like.

All the others I can think of you've watched already.

More topics from this board

» I have read and watched so many reincarnated OP MC and 99.99% of them are focus on magic and non-magic is pretty much useless, but is plot with latter actually exist?

aLotQuestion_ - Apr 10

14 by nishant0 »»
13 minutes ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

9 by Chisuku »»
1 hour ago

» Recommendations for manga with very close relationships

kamui_susanoo - 11 hours ago

3 by JKKH »»
2 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - 6 hours ago

1 by Jonas-K »»
2 hours ago

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

9 by iamnottesslol »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.