Forum Settings
Forums

Japanese Government to Start Anti-Anime/Manga Piracy Operation Next Month [Update 7/30]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 29, 2014 9:40 PM
Jan 2013
DerpHole said:
Frost_Kiss said:
So what the f*** will happen now?? They are going to delete most of the anime website??

Yeah! they're going to take down mal and anything else they can... it's gonna suck man

WHAT???? MAL is illegal??
Jul 29, 2014 9:56 PM

Jan 2013
I recall a week or 3 after megaupload died a couple of stream sites died and I had to find new sources. Months pass and new stream sites appeared. Hopefully that is how this goes down,
Jul 29, 2014 9:57 PM
Feb 2008
MAL isn't illegal, don't be silly.

But seriously, if htey actually want to stop piracy, make anime AND manga available online, legally in SEVERAL languages for a reasonable price. If I could pay a monthly subscription and get to read manga in English that hasn't been licensed over here, I'd totally do it and stop going on the piracy sites, I suspect many more people would as well. It's a matter of accessibility more than anything else really.
Jul 29, 2014 9:58 PM
Jan 2013
DrawnIntoIt88 said:
MAL isn't illegal, don't be silly.

But seriously, if htey actually want to stop piracy, make anime AND manga available online, legally in SEVERAL languages for a reasonable price. If I could pay a monthly subscription and get to read manga in English that hasn't been licensed over here, I'd totally do it and stop going on the piracy sites, I suspect many more people would as well. It's a matter of accessibility more than anything else really.

Oh, thanks god. I was going to die T^T
Thanks for replying.
Jul 29, 2014 10:05 PM

Jun 2014
Shit guys we've really pissed off Japan, I'm scared.

Jul 29, 2014 10:07 PM

Jul 2012
I'm not paying $65 for every anime series I watch.

If you don't make your anime available on the legal streaming sites I will pirate it.
Jul 29, 2014 10:17 PM

Mar 2013
The other side of this war is
people who buy their Anime vs people who download.

If you ask me, I don't care about either.
Jul 29, 2014 10:43 PM

Jun 2010
This is very unfair.
It's not like japanese people are expected to buy the DVD's and BR's from every show they want to watch. They first see it as it airs for free on their TV. They only ever spend money on a show after they already watched it and decided it was worth it. So why are western fans expected to pay good money on dvd's (sometimes importing it from overseas) just to watch a show for the first time?
I keep hoping that the Jap Government and those producers will wise up and offer a reasonable way to watch anime for a reasonable cost. Something like a streaming site with a monthly subscription (not much more expensive than Netflix) so that western fans can watch shows without having to pay 60+ bucks for a few episodes.
Jul 29, 2014 10:53 PM

Apr 2010
Hopefully it won't affect my 20+ anime/manga sites that I may or may not use.
Jul 29, 2014 10:57 PM
Jan 2013
So, does that mean we will never be able to view anymore animes and mangas for free?

Well, if it is, enjoy while it last.
Jul 29, 2014 11:07 PM
Aug 2012
Baddie007 said:
So, does that mean we will never be able to view anymore animes and mangas for free?

Well, if it is, enjoy while it last.

well think

has anti piracy measures ever actually worked in the past for any medium that involved just shutting em down? They need to offer a better service at a good price, if they do not do that then this is all for nothing.
Jul 29, 2014 11:14 PM

Aug 2013
The guilty are audacious.
Jul 29, 2014 11:18 PM

Apr 2014
yeah good luck with that
Jul 29, 2014 11:23 PM

May 2010
I wouldn't have bothered if it was Anti-gaming piracy or Anti-Movie piracy operation by the whole world since everything is available in India but anime.

Sometimes you must hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain because life's greatest lessons are learned through pain.
- Pain
Jul 29, 2014 11:28 PM

Mar 2014
as long Internet exist, Piracy will not DIE ! ! LOL

Jul 29, 2014 11:28 PM
Jan 2013
I hope that japan can delete it all (lol)
Jul 29, 2014 11:33 PM

Nov 2011
Some news about what the government is trying to do:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/07/29/details-of-japanese-governments-manga-anime-guardians-project

They have this new project called "Manga-Anime Guardians Project".
Jul 29, 2014 11:37 PM

Jun 2014
Japan I WANT to watch anime legally but:
1- 99.9 of anime shows isn't legally available.
2- the nearest place to buy manga in my country is 1000 kim far from me !! and there is also no way to read it translated to my language legally so I have no other option rathar than read it online translated to my language illegally.
_______
I hope that idea has reached.
Jul 29, 2014 11:46 PM
Jun 2013
good luck. with that.
Jul 29, 2014 11:47 PM
Mar 2012
Anyone know if Japan will crack down on torrenters in their country? A friend of mine living in Japan uses Nyaa and is worried the new law will affect him either through fines or jail time.
Jul 29, 2014 11:52 PM

Feb 2014
JD2411 said:
so japan just made this site to "stop" piracy - http://manga-anime-here.com/

it only has mainstream manga and you have to go to another site to buy it. most of these sites don't work outside of the US. gj japan

As far as I tried, non of these sites is working in europe.

So they blocked all legal sites first? xD

Buying a BD-Box of Noir (26 eps / 4 discs) for 328 US-$ + Shipping + Taxes? Without subtitles but with a region lock that makes it illegal to use it with european bluray-players? Sounds legit.
Jul 29, 2014 11:59 PM

Mar 2013
LastChapter said:
Anyone know if Japan will crack down on torrenters in their country? A friend of mine living in Japan uses Nyaa and is worried the new law will affect him either through fines or jail time.

He should obviously lay low for awhile till we see what happens
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Jul 30, 2014 12:02 AM

Jan 2009
Stark700 said:
Some news about what the government is trying to do:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/07/29/details-of-japanese-governments-manga-anime-guardians-project

They have this new project called "Manga-Anime Guardians Project".

lol the youtube comments are priceless
Jul 30, 2014 12:02 AM

Nov 2012
Heathcliff90 said:
I know this was going to happen.....Many people are stupid to pretend to be Japanese....im legally Japanese myself and i personally approve of this .... there are too many trying to pretend to be someone they are not...i worked with the government and this is the first time they are angered by this.... people abusing anime and manga ....
Japanese agenda came to MAL, so much xenophobia flew out.
Jul 30, 2014 12:06 AM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
They're onto us.
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Jul 30, 2014 12:07 AM

May 2009
Kurogashi said:
Wow some people are so delusional that it's not even funny. I hope the Japanese government comes down hard on piracy and once the WWW is regulated up to people's necks, it'd be one hell of a sight to see people crying about how they can no longer P2P. Finally, content creators will get paid for their work.

Talk about being delusional.

Content creators will be paid the same, piracy or no piracy. The only ones benefiting from this are the publishers, the people the content creators have sold their souls to and they have already so much money, it's ridiculous.

The issue isn't about whether or not people get paid for their product, it's about them not being able to control what we see, where we see it, how we see it, etc. Because of p2p, we became the ones in control, and they don't like that, claiming it costs the content providers money, which is a complete and utter lie over the backs of said content creators. And the actual creators don't fight back, because they're caught between speaking up and lose their contract or stay quiet and get what they get. All the publishers lose is the money from marketing, which is less than the money they're pumping in this anti-piracy campaign, and that can be easily dealt with if they use the internet to their advantage.

And how is 'the Internet being the greatest marketing device' an excuse to pirate content? That's what a marketing budget is for; and I can assure you it's a lot less than how much they lose from piracy.

How can you NOT understand this? When you have millions of people around the world who can freely access something they've never seen or heard before, how is this NOT the best form of free advertisement you can get?

[url-=http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/digital-piracy-not-harming-entertainment-industries-study-1.1894729]Studies[/url] show that piracy is a very effective tool to help boost sales (in this case music, but it works for movies and anime as well, as the underlying principle is exactly the same). After all, if people what they see, they're more inclined to buy. Without this free and unlimited access to free anime and manga, I wouldn't even be here. The sole reason I became an anime/manga fan is because of piracy.

if they want to fight piracy, they have to offer each and every anime ever made with (at least) English subtitles, no DRM, region lock or any other restriction, in high quality for stream and download. And they can charge a small fee for it if they feel the need to, we're not that stingy. However, because I'm sure they're not going to do that (because that takes effort and money), piracy will always exist.

Unfortunately, this will be many years off before the government can ever pull off such feat because pirates are still voters and no politicians would want to face the backlash of taking away people's free stuff.

They can't pull it off because they think everyone will just do whatever they say without protest. Wanna bet that only a handful of those sites will do so and that the rest will just chug along like nothing ever happened? Sure, they can have those sites blocked, but the sites are merely a front. The people behind those sites will still go on their merry little way. And it's not like these sites cannot just pop up elsewhere and continue their operations.

If you want to stop piracy, offer a better product than them, get rid of the pointless restrictions and give the people exactly what they want. Right now, they're not doing that, so piracy is there to fulfill the market the industry itself is ignoring.
Firelord76Jul 30, 2014 12:37 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2014 12:11 AM
May 2013
i doubt that it will improve things *O*
Jul 30, 2014 12:16 AM

Oct 2013
Will this affect any way Bakabt??
Jul 30, 2014 12:18 AM

Feb 2012
This whole campain is a bad joke and nothing will change about piracy as long as anime distribution in the west stays as terrible as it is.
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Jul 30, 2014 12:19 AM

Jan 2009
jfblade said:

i will be surprise if BakaBT is taken down by this considering that BakaBT do not host USA licensed stuff

NyaaTorrents on the other hand may not escape this although they can just host magnet links like ThePirateBay is doing and then they will be fine
Jul 30, 2014 12:19 AM

Feb 2012
jfblade said:
possible, but we don't know yet. There are some hints that nyaa is a possible target, but nothing's confirmed.
Jul 30, 2014 12:21 AM
Jul 2014
if what about indonesia? malaysia? india? america? aand the other county? japan ?? oh what are you doing??? FY
Jul 30, 2014 12:28 AM
Nov 2008
haven't they done this before, and failed spectacularly?
Jul 30, 2014 12:29 AM

Jan 2013
LastChapter said:

Theyd have to prove he did it.

Edit: Crunchyroll is legal right?

Can't ever get a straight answer on this.
Jul 30, 2014 12:32 AM

Jul 2013
zoron said:
Shit guys we've really pissed off Japan, I'm scared.

Where's the loli?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2014 12:33 AM
Mar 2012
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
LastChapter said:

Theyd have to prove he did it.

Edit: Crunchyroll is legal right?

Can't ever get a straight answer on this.
So basically he needs to use VPN since they can track him through ISP.

Yes, Crunchy is legal. Except it's blocked in Japan.
Jul 30, 2014 12:36 AM

Oct 2007
welp, if money grew on trees then... (and everything *anime/manga* translated into english... and I mean EVERYTHING *all genres including yaoi, yuri, shota, etc*, then i'd be okay lol...) but other than that,

gg
Jul 30, 2014 12:38 AM

Jan 2013
As a man who is currently unmedicated and bordering on a psychotic breakdown, how afraid should i be of this taking away my ability to watch anime?
Jul 30, 2014 12:42 AM

Feb 2012
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
As a man who is currently unmedicated and bordering on a psychotic breakdown, how afraid should i be of this taking away my ability to watch anime?

Not at all. You may have to google about 5 minutes for a new downloading site and that's the worst case.
Jul 30, 2014 12:43 AM

Jan 2009
Greedy bastards.
Jul 30, 2014 12:43 AM
Jan 2014
well what can i say..i just hope gogoanime or animefreak are legal...i dont want want to leave anime of this season unfinished :)
Jul 30, 2014 12:44 AM

May 2009
j0x said:
jfblade said:

i will be surprise if BakaBT is taken down by this considering that BakaBT do not host USA licensed stuff

They do, you're confused with AnimeSuki. And BakaBT only hosts those shows from companies that haven't sent them C&D letters (yet), so if they were approached by these people, they might comply (though that goes for AS as well).

NyaaTorrents on the other hand may not escape this although they can just host magnet links like ThePirateBay is doing and then they will be fine

I doubt NT will give a damn either way.
Jul 30, 2014 12:44 AM

Jan 2009
jkara said:
well what can i say..i just hope gogoanime or animefreak are legal...i dont want want to leave anime of this season unfinished :)

lol both of those streaming sites are ILLEGAL
Jul 30, 2014 12:53 AM

Oct 2013
40% of the downloaders of Nyaa comes from Japan
20% from United States.
Jul 30, 2014 12:54 AM

Jul 2014
They are asking people to purchase an inferior product. That’s not going to happen smoothly as they thought.

Jul 30, 2014 1:02 AM

Sep 2013
To many mix opinions in this thread not sure if I should be worried or just shrug this off as another feeble attempt at stopping anime/manga piracy.
Jul 30, 2014 1:06 AM

Aug 2012
Date_A_Live said:
To many mix opinions in this thread not sure if I should be worried or just shrug this off as another feeble attempt at stopping anime/manga piracy.

Well, I think a lot of it depends on where you live, the laws in your country and which sites you use for watching anime.

Personally I'm not worried at all.
.................................................................................
Jul 30, 2014 1:09 AM

Oct 2013
I am surprised that over at the forum of bakabt that no one is speaking of this at all!! (But I think they do not care at allXD)
Jul 30, 2014 1:17 AM

Jun 2013
So this is japan version of SOPA/PIPA ??
I guess yes
Jul 30, 2014 1:20 AM

Jan 2013
jkara said:

They arent.

Anything free obviously isn't legal.

Date_A_Live said:

As long as people upload raws there will be piracy.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 6 hours ago

10 by Avery20 »»
29 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
5 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
5 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
8 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.