Forum Settings
Forums

Do you change your look or personality when..

New
Jul 29, 2014 4:03 AM

Sep 2013
I've met many people in school, where they always change themselves completely after summer vacation fx. Do you ever change yourself like that (maybe your image or style)? and what do you think about those who are doing it?

I recently met someone in the train from my old school. Back then she was the sports freak, and she was always wearing t-shirt and jeans, but now she wears leather clothes and began listening to BvB and got a piercing and a tattoo etc. I know that she's just growing up and all, but i never expected it to be this much. I didn't even recognize her.

Sorry, if this is a stupid thread, or if someone already made this. But i was actually curious about this. So i hoped to hear others opinion on this.
Jul 29, 2014 4:06 AM

May 2010
What;s BvB?

And to answer your question, I think it's age related. Once people pass the highschool drama and puberty it's all over. But up till then, appearances matter a lot to most kids. Though a complete makeover after 3 months is kind of harsh.
If you are a fan of (or simply interested in) Japanese films
then please join the Cinema of Japan club! Thank you (:

Jul 29, 2014 4:08 AM

Jul 2014
Nah, I don't do it myself and I can't remeber seeing anyone else (friends, classmates etc.) doing this
Jul 29, 2014 4:10 AM

Jan 2014
I'm usually the same after summer.

Some people go through change or try to fit in I guess.

Jul 29, 2014 4:10 AM

Apr 2008
That's just really what kids do, it's part of the "trying on identities" stage of life before adulthood when you give up on having one.

If you read about the psychological/social development around that age you'll gain a great understanding of what you and others around you are experiencing.
Jul 29, 2014 4:13 AM

Dec 2008
Back in the day I changed my looks to fit into the whole emo stuff. I'm still embarassed by that. But I never really changed my personality.
Jul 29, 2014 4:19 AM

Aug 2013
Everyone remembers that one first day of school when all the girls magically grew boobs.
Jul 29, 2014 4:20 AM
Jul 2018
Plate said:
That's just really what kids do, it's part of the "trying on identities" stage of life before adulthood when you give up on having one.

If you read about the psychological/social development around that age you'll gain a great understanding of what you and others around you are experiencing.

^
Jul 29, 2014 4:30 AM

May 2014
Hmm This is quite interesting...
I've been here way too long...
Jul 29, 2014 4:38 AM

Jun 2013
I think its pretty normal for people to grow and develop new hobbies/style/interests, that said I have never change myself in a big way, only noticable different is I've gotten confidence and care less about stuff.
Jul 29, 2014 4:41 AM

Sep 2011
Imstayingano said:
I've met many people in school, where they always change themselves completely after summer vacation fx. Do you ever change yourself like that (maybe your image or style)? and what do you think about those who are doing it?

I recently met someone in the train from my old school. Back then she was the sports freak, and she was always wearing t-shirt and jeans, but now she wears leather clothes and began listening to BvB and got a piercing and a tattoo etc. I know that she's just growing up and all, but i never expected it to be this much. I didn't even recognize her.

Sorry, if this is a stupid thread, or if someone already made this. But i was actually curious about this. So i hoped to hear others opinion on this.

Yeah I did the same thing a couple times, went through like two or three different phases (goth/scene emo etc) change is fun, attention is fun, dressing up is fun, makeup is fun

BvB blows hard though... so I see your point there, tell her to pm me for some better music^^

OP don't worry about it, play dressup with her and join in on her hobbies - or forget and move on

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Jul 29, 2014 4:47 AM

Mar 2012
Personally, I never made any drastic changes to myself. Obviously I'm changing but that's just because I'm getting older.
Jul 29, 2014 5:22 AM

Oct 2012
I've never bothered to change myself really.
Jul 29, 2014 5:46 AM

Aug 2013
It's a youth thing where they experiment with different personalities. No, I don't do hat.
Jul 29, 2014 6:05 AM

Oct 2013
I did things like that when I was a kid, but I'm pretty much happy as I am now and I've been the same for a while.

Jul 29, 2014 6:55 AM

Sep 2013
bloodlover said:
What;s BvB?

Black veil Brides, which is a rock band.
Jul 29, 2014 6:57 AM
Jul 2014
Nope, I've always been the same throughout the years, if not better.
Jul 29, 2014 7:01 AM

Apr 2014
apachelsalvador said:
Nope, I've always been the same throughout the years, if not better.

Also, I've always been myself and haven't changed much. I have some people try to change, but people rarely really "change".

Jul 29, 2014 7:07 AM

Nov 2013
I'm a little bit more tanned after summer. Does that count?
Jul 29, 2014 7:51 AM

Apr 2012
I once had a period of half a year during puberty where I wanted to be part of the cool kids and wanted brand clothes, Billabong, Burton, DC and whatever else. Then I realised that its a waste of money and Ive been pretty much the same ever since, except for gradually becoming more and more perver... erm sexually open minded.
Jul 29, 2014 7:57 AM

Jun 2008
I'm only aware of people getting tans due to going off of vacations or spending way too much time on the beach. I don't recall people changing their personality (then again I didn't really know or cared about many people when I was a teen, lol). Hairstyles usually get changed too.
Jul 29, 2014 8:24 AM

Aug 2013
Wait people change over time? no way, mind blown.
Jul 29, 2014 8:27 AM

Jul 2012
Sometimes I get a different colored glasses that's about it.
Jul 29, 2014 8:31 AM

Jan 2014
Imstayingano said:

Depends on the individual's intention with many aspects influencing their decision to make a change. For me, id struggle to see myself turning into a genuine extrovert as it exhausts me mentally. Whilst i do not mind catching up/or going out with friends, doing it a number of times within a short-time period will burn me out. As for changing my image, the last time i recall making a drastic change was toward my sense of fashion. Went from wearing nike/factorie branded clothes to a much more formal style. Looking back now, I was a stuck up individual, who had a sense of superiority. Lots of regrets to how i treated some people because of the clothes they wore to dinner/nightclubs.

Have a few friends whose personality took a 180 degree turn after being associated with their colleagues (in which case i dont blame them here, sometime its necessary to keep their jobs somewhat entertaining). In saying that, sometime people change for the better, and others for the worst but i believe it generally all come down to the individual's reason

Jul 29, 2014 8:52 AM

May 2011
I'm slowly going through a transition phase right now. I'm beginning to prefer more classy/preppy and formal clothing where as in the past I liked to wear very casual stuff like Nike t-shirts and shorts (I was very into basketball back then). It's also been over a year since I started working out and lifting regularly so my physique has changed a bit as well.

Personality wise, I'm having to slowly become more social and outspoken. I'll be starting college and studying business in the fall so I'm going to have to get used to it. I've been really shy in the past so this is definitely a challenge that's going to take some time to overcome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 7 hours ago

6 by Nemo_Niemand »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 12 hours ago

20 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 10 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 8 hours ago

11 by vasipi4946 »»
2 hours ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 5 hours ago

0 by _Nette_ »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.