Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 29, 2014 2:02 AM

Oct 2013
Honestly WTF..really

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/deadpool-arrested-on-sydney-train-police-alerted-to-superhero-armed-with-guns-grenades-and-ninja-swords/story-fni0cx12-1227001404525?nk=714c8d56371943620e2735b36c52d822

Police stormed a packed Sydney peak hour train this morning after reports of a man armed with handguns, grenades and samurai swords was travelling in the last carriage.

Mind you he did make those cops look like dwarfs..LOL!

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 29, 2014 2:29 AM
Jul 2012
weapunz r scary

If one seriously wants to commit a crime, I'd doubt they'd do it in a Deadpool costume. but you never know...
Jul 29, 2014 2:45 AM

Aug 2012
Hides the face really well.

I mean it doesn't hurt to be suspicious...
Jul 29, 2014 2:47 AM

May 2009
I find the title slightly misleading. He wasn't really arrested (which in my book means taken into custody), but more stopped for questioning and released as soon as they found the stuff was fake.

To some extent, I can see the reason in this. A masked man in strange clothes carrying an array of realistic weaponry will probably get most people on their toes. And even if you've heard of the character he portrays, you'll never know what he might be up to. Better safe than sorry.

The police did what they had to do and did the right thing by questioning him on the spot. Nothing wrong that I can see. Plus, everyone walked away smiling, and even the police could see the humor in it after it was all over, so alls well that ends well..
Firelord76Jul 29, 2014 2:50 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2014 3:26 AM

Oct 2013
Detained...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/detain

Meh, whilst going about his lawful business, though yeah, it's all good, also for his cause, free publicity, mind you did they need to waste those police resources on that?

Wonder how it would have gone down in the US of A?
Jul 29, 2014 4:07 AM

Sep 2012
We actually have had security threats so it is understandable. I live like 5 minutes away from the station.
Jul 29, 2014 5:53 AM

May 2009
StevOz said:
mind you did they need to waste those police resources on that?

Yes.

Why? Because they were probably told there was a big man in a menacing-looking costume on that train, who carried a lot of weapons. If I were an operator hearing that, I'd also fear the worst right away and send out as much police as possible.

Sure, some people will probably be upset over it, since it did waste a lot of their tax money (though very little, relatively speaking), but I think a lot of other people are just happy that it ended up being a false alarm rather than a real threat and praise the cops for doing their jobs.

My guess is that they would probably demand he'd lie down on the ground, handcuff and search him, then take him to a police station for questioning. And that's the best-case scenario I can think of.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2014 1:00 AM

Aug 2007
AO968 said:
StevOz said:
mind you did they need to waste those police resources on that?

Yes.

Why? Because they were probably told there was a big man in a menacing-looking costume on that train, who carried a lot of weapons. If I were an operator hearing that, I'd also fear the worst right away and send out as much police as possible.

Sure, some people will probably be upset over it, since it did waste a lot of their tax money (though very little, relatively speaking), but I think a lot of other people are just happy that it ended up being a false alarm rather than a real threat and praise the cops for doing their jobs.

My guess is that they would probably demand he'd lie down on the ground, handcuff and search him, then take him to a police station for questioning. And that's the best-case scenario I can think of.

They would have shot the guy while he was on the ground too. Especially if the guy was black.
Jul 30, 2014 1:33 AM

Oct 2009
Drunk_Samurai said:
They would have shot the guy while he was on the ground too. Especially if the guy was black.
Stop resisting!
Jul 30, 2014 1:37 AM

Jan 2013
AO968 said:
I find the title slightly misleading. He wasn't really arrested (which in my book means taken into custody), but more stopped for questioning and released as soon as they found the stuff was fake.

To some extent, I can see the reason in this. A masked man in strange clothes carrying an array of realistic weaponry will probably get most people on their toes. And even if you've heard of the character he portrays, you'll never know what he might be up to. Better safe than sorry.

The police did what they had to do and did the right thing by questioning him on the spot. Nothing wrong that I can see. Plus, everyone walked away smiling, and even the police could see the humor in it after it was all over, so alls well that ends well..

In the united states you are allowed to carry an assault rifle around with you in plenty of states.

It's a myth that you are "suspicious" for being able to defend yourself.
Jul 30, 2014 5:25 AM

Apr 2012
They let him go, so what's the problem?
Jul 30, 2014 6:17 AM

May 2009
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
AO968 said:

In the united states you are allowed to carry an assault rifle around with you in plenty of states.

It's a myth that you are "suspicious" for being able to defend yourself.

Maybe, if that was all he was carrying (though weren't assault rifles banned completely, or at least subject to heavy restriction?).

But this guy had not just a gun, but two swords and walked around in a suit that some people might find intimidating when they don't know the character.

It's so easy to speak in hindsight, but put yourself in the shoes of those people and you might sing a different tune.
Jul 30, 2014 6:19 AM

Sep 2011
What a sensationalist title

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Jul 30, 2014 6:29 AM

Sep 2011
Gogetters said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Stop resisting!

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.