Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 28, 2014 9:41 PM

Mar 2014
This probably won't garner much of a response considering the state of the fanbase ever since the anime ended. That said, I'm still curious as to what sort of reception the Sternritter have gotten until now.

They may not be as fleshed out and developed as the Espada were character-wise, but I think that's what makes this group much more interesting. Their threat level and efficiency is way above that of the Espada. Maybe because they all share the same goal more or less, something which the Espada didn't have with all their individuality and the different agendas they had that conflicted with Aizen's interests.

Anyhow, if you so please, name your favorite(s), and of course please explain why and what you like about their character/abilities/personality...etc, so this doesn't regress into a simple listing thread. There is a poll as well to make things more interesting.

Jul 28, 2014 9:47 PM

Mar 2012
Short lived as he is I'm quite like Cang Du. Too bad that Kubo is fond to use "outlived usefulness" trope. He isn't even make big mistake.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 29, 2014 6:02 PM

Dec 2013
Giselle and Bambi before she went all zombie on us. Voted Bambi though.

As for reasons. With Giselle it's mainly because of all the various facial expressions she makes (Giselle is always going to be a she as far as I'm concerned, even if she's revealed to actually be male). As for Bambietta I'm not really sure. She has a nice uniform....I guess. Dammit! Can I recast my vote to Giselle?
Kuro_YuukiJul 29, 2014 6:11 PM
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jul 29, 2014 6:11 PM
Jul 2018
Haven't gone through that much but Bazz B the heat is pretty awesome.
Jul 29, 2014 6:32 PM

Mar 2014
Kuro_Yuuki said:
Can I recast my vote to Giselle?

Probably not. I'd have loved for the poll to be multiple choice as well though, especially considering my favorites have changed quite frequently since the beginning of this arc. First it was Quilge because of the shades and the fact that he's powers were original and quincy-like. Then As Nodt for being a sacryass mofo and the only one to defeat Byakuya until now. Cang Du had a silent badass thing going for him which is why I liked him for a while, and BG9 was brutal and cold, the dialogues he had with Omaeda made for some pretty interesting panels too.

I think lately it's been Bambi, Giselle and Askin for me though. Askin seems to have plans of his own (there could be an interesting twist somewhere) plus his laid back/chill attitude). There are not many female villains in Bleach who posed as much of a threat as Bambi did and her powers really suited her personality so I was pretty sad she died.

That's the beauty about the Sternritter though. The fact that they have killed so much Shinigami makes them better antagonists than the Espada.
Jul 29, 2014 9:34 PM

Jan 2011
Giselle
Jul 30, 2014 12:36 AM

Dec 2013
Bazz B is pretty awesome.
Jul 30, 2014 6:22 PM

Apr 2008
I noticed all of the hotties are winning ^_^; (LOL)
Jul 30, 2014 8:53 PM

Apr 2013
bazz-b and giselle

giselle because i love traps, and zombies. awesome combination.
plus she is adorable, and the fact that she has a penis makes her even more adorable.
she is officially my favorite trap character ever.

I like bazz-b because he has additude. he is like grimmjow but with a mohawk nuff said.
Jul 30, 2014 10:39 PM

Sep 2011
The Mask guy only because he was so god damn annoying that it's hard to forget him.
Jul 30, 2014 10:47 PM

Jun 2012
Quilge and Bazz-B are my favorites, I liked Gremmy and Haschwalth to a lesser extent. They have the foundations of good Bleach characters, would like to see what's happened with Quilge as well. Bazz-B teasing without using all of his fingers makes for good fights, but it still feels like it wont be long before say Renji overcomes that.

Western readers vote for gimmicks not characters, so the turnout here isn't really surprising.
Jul 30, 2014 11:21 PM

Mar 2014
Hmm, the votes have turned out to be much more contrived by partiality than I initially thought. I presumed Quilge would be much more popular what with his well thought out Vollstandig design and flamboyant personality. And Mask, he's been a breath of fresh air in the constant flow of Kubo-esque characters, not to mention he took down 4 VC-level Shinigami and 2 captains with relative ease.

Guess there's no point in adding Shaz Domino and Pepe who I've missed now....
Jul 31, 2014 5:10 AM

May 2012
Askin, Jugram and Gizelle are my favourites but I'll vote for Askin because Askin=Aizen will happen. Believe it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.