Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 28, 2014 3:17 PM

Jun 2014
Noboru said:
Working_Designs said:

I'm trying to get my body fat percentage down to 8%, which is required to be able to see your abs.

Loosing fat percentage and gaining muscles rather lead to an increase of weight.
Just do some training for the abs and you'll be fine.

Yeah, but there's still too much fat on my stomach, and no matter how much training for my abs I do, I can't see my abs because they're still hidden by the stomach fat.

Jul 28, 2014 3:18 PM

Jul 2013
I don't really care about my weight, as I'm neither underweight or overweight.
Jul 28, 2014 3:25 PM

Nov 2012
Working_Designs said:
Noboru said:

Loosing fat percentage and gaining muscles rather lead to an increase of weight.
Just do some training for the abs and you'll be fine.

Yeah, but there's still too much fat on my stomach, and no matter how much training for my abs I do, I can't see my abs because they're still hidden by the stomach fat.

yup... you can do all of the ab exercise you want but if you still have massive fat layers over them you'll never see them. Have to do some consistent cardio exercise to lose those fat layers. You do cardio and weight training as well you lose weight even faster ..
midnightbladeJul 28, 2014 3:28 PM
Jul 28, 2014 3:28 PM

Jul 2012
I actually have no idea how much I weight.

I need to buy a scale and find out.
Jul 28, 2014 3:31 PM

Sep 2013
I've always walked the fine line between : normal & underweight (during most stressful periods, in which happens sometime I don't eat for days). Also my eating habits suck, so 'self-conscious' about the fact that I need more discipline, but I'm lazy...
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
Jul 28, 2014 3:42 PM

Jul 2014
I bought some new pants today and for the first time in years, I fit in size 34 :) Hadn't bought anything below size 36 for several years so this makes me really happy.

Used to weight about 185 lbs when I was in Alberta, now than I'm back in Québec I pay more attention to what I eat and I dropped to 160ish lbs.
Jul 28, 2014 3:44 PM

Mar 2013
Hyper-mega-super-godlike metabolism master race reporting for duty.

If I was fat though, I would definitely do more things to keep in shape.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Jul 28, 2014 4:26 PM

Jul 2012
I am pretty self conscious about my weight, but in the anorexic sense. I'm like 5'8" and >110lbs(50kg) which is not healthy at all. My body fat % is less than 2. Which is basically starving.

I'm trying to get over it...
Jul 28, 2014 4:29 PM
Jun 2014
Yup. Your weight defines who you are.
Jul 28, 2014 4:30 PM

Jul 2014
Amarae said:
My body fat % is less than 2.

No fucking way in hell. You'd be six feet under.
~ça vax~

Jul 28, 2014 4:32 PM

Mar 2013
Amarae said:
I am pretty self conscious about my weight, but in the anorexic sense. I'm like 5'8" and >110lbs(50kg) which is not healthy at all. My body fat % is less than 2. Which is basically starving.

I'm trying to get over it...

God damn i'm 5'9 and I weigh 140 I can't imagine how Id look if I trimmed 30 lbs off my thin ass figure.

Best of luck trying to get over it.

Gitanos said:
Amarae said:

It's possible. Richard Sandrak had less than 1% body fat for some time.
DerpHoleJul 28, 2014 4:35 PM
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Jul 28, 2014 4:32 PM

Jul 2012
Gitanos said:
Amarae said:

Well that was what read the last time I was checked. Of course what they use at the gym is probably far less accurate than something you'd find in a medical office. I haven't been to a proper medical facility in awhile actually.
Jul 28, 2014 4:35 PM

Jul 2014
Amarae said:
Gitanos said:

Well that was what read the last time I was checked. Of course what they use at the gym is probably far less accurate than something you'd find in a medical office. I haven't been to a proper medical facility in awhile actually.

~ça vax~

Jul 28, 2014 4:40 PM

Jul 2012
Gitanos said:
Amarae said:

Yet all you'll when you look at me is the outline of my bones... Though, since I've started going to the gym and working at my current job (Which I mentioned in that other thread), I have gained some muscle while improving my diet quite a bit. It's been months, so there's definitely been time for improvement. In fact I haven't weight myself in a long time either.

Edit: ... I still weigh 100lbs.. Which is weird because I have a noticeable amount of muscle over the last time I weighed myself and it's crazy to think I could have weighed less than this...
AmaraeJul 28, 2014 4:43 PM
Jul 28, 2014 4:45 PM

Oct 2013
I'm perfectly happy with my weight. A while back I had to put on more weight for sport because I was competing at the championships and there are 3 categories: light weight, middle weight, and heavy weight. I was at the bottom of the middle weight so it would have given me a disadvantage, so i put more on at the time so I'd be at the top of the middle weight. Was pointless though as i got injured just before and therefore couldn't compete

Jul 28, 2014 5:04 PM

Jul 2014
I'm trying to go down to 10% body fat. It's fucking hard :(
~ça vax~

Jul 28, 2014 5:37 PM

Jan 2009
Working_Designs said:

Well, I'm not a body building coach, but underweight is certainly not the right answer.
You could ask one for help in that regard, maybe a specific eating plan might work.

midnightblade said:

yup... you can do all of the ab exercise you want but if you still have massive fat layers over them you'll never see them. Have to do some consistent cardio exercise to lose those fat layers. You do cardio and weight training as well you lose weight even faster ..

When you're doing weight training, you're balancing the loss out or even gain weight. Also, loosing 15-20lbs (6.8-9.1kg) is kind of too much imho for 5' 8" (1.73m) and 135lbs (61.2kg). One or two kilos less might still be acceptable, but with that much, he would be already on the underweight side.
Jul 28, 2014 5:39 PM

Jul 2014
Noboru said:
midnightblade said:

When you're doing weight training, you're balancing the loss out or even gain weight. Also, loosing 15-20lbs (6.8-9.1kg) is kind of too much imho for 5' 8" (1.73m) and 135lbs (61.2kg). One or two kilos less might still be acceptable, but with that much, he would be already on the underweight side.

I'm 1.73m and 59kg and I'm not on the underweight side, my BMI is 19.something.
~ça vax~

Jul 28, 2014 5:39 PM

Aug 2013
I'm actually pretty skinny for a guy, so I get some flack about it from my friends. Doesn't bother me though because my reach/wingspan is fucking god tier and I've never lost in slap boxing. I've lost a few fights, though but only to grown men twice my age. xD
Jul 28, 2014 5:47 PM

Jan 2009
Gitanos said:
I'm 1.73m and 59kg and I'm not on the underweight side, my BMI is 19.something.

Wasn't talking about 1-2kg (from 61). Was talking about 7kg+ which would lead to under 18.5 and thus underweight.
Jul 28, 2014 5:50 PM

Jun 2010
Amarae said:
Gitanos said:

Yet all you'll when you look at me is the outline of my bones... Though, since I've started going to the gym and working at my current job (Which I mentioned in that other thread), I have gained some muscle while improving my diet quite a bit. It's been months, so there's definitely been time for improvement. In fact I haven't weight myself in a long time either.

Edit: ... I still weigh 100lbs.. Which is weird because I have a noticeable amount of muscle over the last time I weighed myself and it's crazy to think I could have weighed less than this...

2% body fat is impossible for a female. It's borderline believable for a guy, but females need at least 8% body fat to even live. Assuming your profile isn't lying...
Jul 28, 2014 5:54 PM

Feb 2014
my height-weight ratio is hard to manage (6'3 220lbs) but like I said in my OP i don't care.
<-Go to my awesome YouTube Channel here.
Jul 28, 2014 6:01 PM

Jul 2012
Tachycardic said:

2% body fat is impossible for a female. It's borderline believable for a guy, but females need at least 8% body fat to even live. Assuming your profile isn't lying...

Transgender.
Jul 28, 2014 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
Not at all
Jul 28, 2014 7:11 PM

Aug 2009
Meh, not really. If I had time to worry about it all the time, I would've done something about it.

I weigh a little over 200lbs, maybe even closer to 220, though as an avid hockey player in the past and since I am quite tall, I'm not really fat.
Jul 28, 2014 7:11 PM

May 2010
Lime_ said:
Nop, i got lucky and have an awesome metabolism^^

Good for you! Even if I starve myself I always get heavy, heavier than I should be -.- fck metabolism
Jul 28, 2014 7:47 PM

Jul 2013
I'm not self-conscious about my weight, because I'm neither too overweight or underweight.
Jul 28, 2014 7:51 PM

Dec 2013
In part yes, i would like to be a bit bigger, i'm 5'10" and only weigh 140 pounds, but other then that i really couldn't care less, i don't hide my body when i go to the beach, or anywhere else.
Jul 28, 2014 7:51 PM

Oct 2011
Yeah, so I decided back in May I'd start eating less and exercising more. Now I'm at a healthy weight and people compliment me. Feels good.
This love for Hirasawa Yui consumes me, washing over my dirty weeaboo body with a cleansing warmth that allows me to reach greater heights. It inspires me to be a better man; not the man they deserve, but the man she deserves. Yui, I love you. With everything I have. You are my one, my only. Mai waifu.
Jul 28, 2014 8:31 PM

Jan 2014
Not really.
All I know is that I'm a sexy beast.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 28, 2014 8:48 PM

Jul 2012
I don't really worry about my weight I don't even own a scale.

I guess I am around the 19th percent on BMI, which is about what I have been my entire life.
Jul 28, 2014 8:51 PM

Jun 2010
kleysss said:
Lime_ said:
Nop, i got lucky and have an awesome metabolism^^

Good for you! Even if I starve myself I always get heavy, heavier than I should be -.- fck metabolism

That's because your metabolism slows down when you starve yourself. Once you start eating normally again you'll gain more weight than you normally would.
Jul 28, 2014 8:53 PM
Jun 2014
I'm going to do intermittent fasting from now on so I don't have to worry about my weight, and to look like these bastards:

Jul 28, 2014 9:03 PM

Aug 2011
95 pounds is my peak weight, and I'm pretty self conscious about that. It's just the result of heavy set people always telling me that I need to fatten up or just treating me like I have an eating disorder.

It kinda makes me feel like telling them that they should cut back on the KFC or start dieting so they get how rude they sound.

Jul 28, 2014 9:05 PM

Jul 2013
The only reason you should be self-conscious about your own weight is IF you are either too fat or too skinny.
Jul 28, 2014 9:07 PM
Jun 2014
DesuMaiden said:
The only reason you should be self-conscious about your own weight is IF you are either too fat or too skinny.

Or if you have standards.
Jul 29, 2014 1:23 PM

Jul 2014
Revelry said:
I'm going to do intermittent fasting from now on so I don't have to worry about my weight...

Those guys are extremely annoying, but they may be on to something.

Study led by Fred Turek finds that eating at irregular times influences weight gain

"A Northwestern University study has found that eating at irregular times -- the equivalent of the middle of the night for humans, when the body wants to sleep -- influences weight gain. The regulation of energy by the body's circadian rhythms may play a significant role."

"'How or why a person gains weight is very complicated, but it clearly is not just calories in and calories out,' said Fred Turek, professor of neurobiology and physiology in the Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences and director of the Center for Sleep and Circadian Biology. 'We think some factors are under circadian control. Better timing of meals, which would require a change in behavior, could be a critical element in slowing the ever-increasing incidence of obesity.'"

"Simply modifying the time of feeding alone can greatly affect body weight, the researchers found. Mice that were fed a high-fat diet during normal sleeping hours gained significantly more weight (a 48 percent weight increase over their baseline) than mice eating the same type and amount of food during naturally wakeful hours (a 20 percent increase over their baseline). There was no statistical difference between the two groups regarding caloric intake or the amount of activity."
Jul 29, 2014 1:39 PM
Jun 2014
Tim_ said:
Revelry said:
I'm going to do intermittent fasting from now on so I don't have to worry about my weight...

Those guys are extremely annoying, but they may be on to something.

Study led by Fred Turek finds that eating at irregular times influences weight gain

"A Northwestern University study has found that eating at irregular times -- the equivalent of the middle of the night for humans, when the body wants to sleep -- influences weight gain. The regulation of energy by the body's circadian rhythms may play a significant role."

"'How or why a person gains weight is very complicated, but it clearly is not just calories in and calories out,' said Fred Turek, professor of neurobiology and physiology in the Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences and director of the Center for Sleep and Circadian Biology. 'We think some factors are under circadian control. Better timing of meals, which would require a change in behavior, could be a critical element in slowing the ever-increasing incidence of obesity.'"

"Simply modifying the time of feeding alone can greatly affect body weight, the researchers found. Mice that were fed a high-fat diet during normal sleeping hours gained significantly more weight (a 48 percent weight increase over their baseline) than mice eating the same type and amount of food during naturally wakeful hours (a 20 percent increase over their baseline). There was no statistical difference between the two groups regarding caloric intake or the amount of activity."

Heh. Intermittent Fasting + CRON-diet = Hot Bod
Jul 29, 2014 1:51 PM

Jan 2009
^
Wow, seems like I was right:
- it's better to eat regularly and slowly when you're a bit hungry at conditioned times than to force yourself to fast until your body thinks that the next time you're taking food intake it should gain some weight as a counter measure against the conditioned "starving", which basically explains why most of the dietings have the yo-yo effect.
Jul 29, 2014 1:56 PM
Jun 2014
Noboru said:
^
Wow, seems like I was right:
- it's better to eat regularly and slowly when you're a bit hungry at conditioned times than to force yourself to fast until your body thinks that the next time you're taking food intake it should gain some weight as a counter measure against the conditioned "starving", which basically explains why most of the dietings have the yo-yo effect.

So the body would gain some weight even though the calorie intake is the same?
lmao
Jul 29, 2014 2:01 PM

Jan 2009
Revelry said:

So the body would gain some weight even though the calorie intake is the same?
lmao

Didn't say that. Just pointing out that the eating behaviors might take a great part with the weight issues.
Also, I find measuring the needed food intake by numbers complete BS; you should eat how much you really need.

edit: though there might be some truth to it, since the digestion works better when you eat at regular times and not too late at night before sleeping.
Jul 29, 2014 2:20 PM

Mar 2014
I've been underweight for many years. I eat average amounts and exercise though, so I don't really care anymore.
Jul 29, 2014 2:41 PM

Jul 2012
I have never been overweight myself, if I was anymore than 10lbs overweight I would probably be self conscious.

Jul 29, 2014 2:54 PM

Jan 2013
I don't work with my image anymore so I'm eating normally, perhaps a lot of candy!.

I always get so nervous when someone ask me my weight since I don't really know, while studying some may think I'm anorexic. lol
Jul 29, 2014 3:38 PM

Jul 2014
We should post pics.
~ça vax~

Jul 29, 2014 3:52 PM

Nov 2011
I eat and exercise, that's about it.
Jul 29, 2014 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
When I was in highschool, I lost friends because they got too annoyed of my weight consciousness. So after I while I'm just.. fuck it. And ate a lot. Went to 'Murrrca and gained a shit ton of pounds.
Jul 29, 2014 5:52 PM

May 2010
Tachycardic said:
kleysss said:

That's because your metabolism slows down when you starve yourself. Once you start eating normally again you'll gain more weight than you normally would.

Well whatever I do I always gain weight fast. Even if I eat normally or if i'm on a diet, there's something really wrong with my metabolism
Jul 29, 2014 5:56 PM

Dec 2013
nope

just diet and exercise

it's not hard
Jul 29, 2014 6:13 PM

Mar 2012
No. I'm pretty confortable with my normal weight. Also I work out and eat healthy not for keeping my figure but because I like to be healthy.
There's no such thing as a painless lesson.
They just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary.
You can't gain anything without losing something first.
Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it,
you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle.
Yeah, a heart made fullmetal.
- Fullmetal Alchemist
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What do you think about tourism in your country?

Sad - Yesterday

9 by ArabianLuffy »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk?

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

26 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
1 hour ago

» your most memorable memory

BroDa2545 - Apr 18

13 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

34 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
3 hours ago

» Do you like sport? ( 1 2 3 )

-miharu- - Mar 27, 2019

109 by InsomniacBastard »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.