Forum Settings
Forums

the NRA advocating that gun ownership should be mandatory

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 28, 2014 6:32 PM
Mar 2013
this is so fucking stupid

just let them all have guns so they can kill each-other and we can be done with that 3rd world shit hole
Jul 28, 2014 7:56 PM

Mar 2013
mattbenz99 said:
JD2411 said:
this is so fucking stupid

just let them all have guns so they can kill each-other and we can be done with that 3rd world shit hole
JD i think we found a subject other than clannad that we agree on

I saw that
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Jul 28, 2014 8:04 PM

Mar 2012
mattbenz99 said:
if 2 or more people are shooting each other then how will the police know who the mass shooter really is when they arrive?

Bob starts shooting a bunch of people, so Alice starts shooting at Bob to stop him. But then Matt sees Alice shooting and he thinks she's the shooter and so he shoots at Alice, but Tom knows Alice isn't the shooter because he saw Bob start shooting, so he shoots at Matt because he assumes Matt is an accomplice, but then Karl sees Tom shooting at Matt and he shoots Tom, but then Bob notices that everyone is shooting at each other and he slips out.

Timmy, Johnny, and Billy all bust in with their shotguns (cause they heard the shots from outside) and they start shooting at everyone because they think everyone is a mass-killer. Gertrude, Harold, and Fionna get tired of the idiocy and pull out their guns and just kill everyone.

Yeah, I've heard this argument before, and it's fucking retarded. Who the fuck just starts shooting at random people? People aren't brainless morons. Everyone would just hit the deck and Alice, Matt, Tom, Karl, Gertrude, Harold, and Fionna would blast Bob into oblivion, and then Johnny, Timmy, and Billy would come in, see that the area is secure, and call the cops to come clean up the mess.

That is, if Bob was even willing to try starting a mass-shooting if he knew for damn sure that every "target" was actually a walking fucking armory.
Let's go bowling.
Jul 28, 2014 8:14 PM

Jun 2008
DerpHole said:
mattbenz99 said:
JD i think we found a subject other than clannad that we agree on

I saw that

lololol!
Jul 28, 2014 8:26 PM

Oct 2013
'muricans are like cowboys with lots of money, ha!
Jul 28, 2014 8:42 PM

Mar 2013
StopDropAndBowl said:
mattbenz99 said:
if 2 or more people are shooting each other then how will the police know who the mass shooter really is when they arrive?

Bob starts shooting a bunch of people, so Alice starts shooting at Bob to stop him. But then Matt sees Alice shooting and he thinks she's the shooter and so he shoots at Alice, but Tom knows Alice isn't the shooter because he saw Bob start shooting, so he shoots at Matt because he assumes Matt is an accomplice, but then Karl sees Tom shooting at Matt and he shoots Tom, but then Bob notices that everyone is shooting at each other and he slips out.

Timmy, Johnny, and Billy all bust in with their shotguns (cause they heard the shots from outside) and they start shooting at everyone because they think everyone is a mass-killer. Gertrude, Harold, and Fionna get tired of the idiocy and pull out their guns and just kill everyone.

Yeah, I've heard this argument before, and it's fucking retarded. Who the fuck just starts shooting at random people? People aren't brainless morons. Everyone would just hit the deck and Alice, Matt, Tom, Karl, Gertrude, Harold, and Fionna would blast Bob into oblivion, and then Johnny, Timmy, and Billy would come in, see that the area is secure, and call the cops to come clean up the mess.

That is, if Bob was even willing to try starting a mass-shooting if he knew for damn sure that every "target" was actually a walking fucking armory.
yes under extreme stress humans are idiots.
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Jul 28, 2014 8:56 PM

Jun 2008
UnoPuntoCinco said:
'muricans are like FAT cowboys with lots of money, ha!

Yup.
Jul 28, 2014 9:16 PM
Jul 2012
mattbenz99 said:
Iri said:
Of course, the video is just one person's opinion
but it is on the NRA's youtube channel

"The following video contains the opinion of an NRA News commentator and does not necessarily reflect the views of other individuals or organizations"
Is the disclaimer really not enough for you? Comparing the NRANews Youtube channel to a newspaper, this is nothing but a editorial (and the commentator is a fucking idiot imo).
Jul 29, 2014 9:52 PM
May 2007
A town in Utah has something like what this video is talking about ("mandatory" gun ownership per house hold) but of course people with felony records, conscientious objectors, and those with mental illness are exempted. I have been to Utah and it is one of the safest and chillest places I have ever been to. I feel more safe there than gun free Chicago or my time in DC and I sure as hell don't want to go back there.

NRA is crazy, I will give them that but I don't recall James Holmes, Jared Loughner, Adam Lanza, or that sexist California shooter or any other recent mass shooter being card carrying members.
Jul 30, 2014 10:38 AM

Jan 2011
Make them mandatory in airplanes. No more TSA and terrorism is solved.
Jul 30, 2014 11:50 AM
Mar 2011
ParaParaJMo said:
A town in Utah has something like what this video is talking about ("mandatory" gun ownership per house hold) but of course people with felony records, conscientious objectors, and those with mental illness are exempted. I have been to Utah and it is one of the safest and chillest places I have ever been to. I feel more safe there than gun free Chicago or my time in DC and I sure as hell don't want to go back there.

NRA is crazy, I will give them that but I don't recall James Holmes, Jared Loughner, Adam Lanza, or that sexist California shooter or any other recent mass shooter being card carrying members.

how much mass shooting are in France UK Japan russia china ect i bet there is more in the us per year than allll the all the nations lsited above
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 30, 2014 12:02 PM
May 2007
Well I'd rather be in USA than lets say Honduras or wherever. Russian and Chinese government have committed mass murders against its own people. UK still has a relatively violent crime rate in Europe compared to Switzerland which has the least gun related laws and one of the lowest crime rates in Europe.

Fire arms related crimes in America have actually been decreasing the last 20 years. Chicago for its strictest gun laws in America still has the highest gun related crimes in the country.
Jul 30, 2014 12:04 PM

Mar 2013
ParaParaJMo said:
Well I'd rather be in USA than lets say Honduras or wherever. Russian and Chinese government have committed mass murders against its own people. UK still has a relatively violent crime rate in Europe compared to Switzerland which has the least gun related laws and one of the lowest crime rates in Europe.

Fire arms related crimes in America have actually been decreasing the last 20 years. Chicago for its strictest gun laws in America still has the highest gun related crimes in the country.
bullshit with you Switzerland talk. people talk about Switzerland like there is 0 regulation on guns and thus no crime but that is bullshit. Switzerland has plenty of regulation on guns and bullets. please do some actual research
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Jul 30, 2014 12:05 PM
Mar 2011
ParaParaJMo said:

put the figures side by side and what nation has highest gun violence pero 1000 people
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jul 30, 2014 4:31 PM
May 2007
mattbenz99 said:
ParaParaJMo said:

bullshit with you Switzerland talk. people talk about Switzerland like there is 0 regulation on guns and thus no crime but that is bullshit. Switzerland has plenty of regulation on guns and bullets. please do some actual research

I never said there were no fire arms regulations and/or that they were non-existant in Switzerland, just that it had the least in the EU and tends to have a lower crime rate than England. Hell, like I said, Chicago has the strictest fire arm regulations in the country and look at how that is working out.

put the figures side by side and what nation has highest gun violence pero 1000 people

And look at the figures between Illinois, the strictest gun laws in the country and Utah one of the least. I don't see Utah having mass murders or headlining the Drudge Report like Boulder (which had strict gun laws) as well as California. I have been to Virgin, Utah where gun ownership is yes and no mandatory and it is full of the nicest people I have ever met. Most mass shootings I heard about occurring were mostly in areas that tended to have strict gun control with the exception of Tucson.

I have friends from South America who feel more safe in Arizona as opposed to their home countries were they actually avoided getting shot in a daily basis going to school as children. Hell, I get freaked out passing the border towns of Mexicio and wish I was packing.
Jul 30, 2014 4:39 PM

Mar 2013
ParaParaJMo said:
mattbenz99 said:

I never said there were no fire arms regulations and/or that they were non-existant in Switzerland, just that it had the least in the EU and tends to have a lower crime rate than England. Hell, like I said, Chicago has the strictest fire arm regulations in the country and look at how that is working out.
they may have less than the rest of the eu but they still have much more regulation than the united states. i mean in many states you dont need a background check to sell a gun second hand. think about that all someone needs to do to get a gun is drive a few hours to a state like that buy one and drive back. that is why there is so much gun crime in chicago because to get a gun you only need to drive a few hours.

Jul 30, 2014 4:44 PM
Mar 2011
ParaParaJMo said:
mattbenz99 said:

And look at the figures between Illinois, the strictest gun laws in the country and Utah one of the least. I don't see Utah having mass murders or headlining the Drudge Report like Boulder (which had strict gun laws) as well as California. I have been to Virgin, Utah where gun ownership is yes and no mandatory and it is full of the nicest people I have ever met. Most mass shootings I heard about occurring were mostly in areas that tended to have strict gun control with the exception of Tucson.

I have friends from South America who feel more safe in Arizona as opposed to their home countries were they actually avoided getting shot in a daily basis going to school as children. Hell, I get freaked out passing the border towns of Mexicio and wish I was packing.

guns in most of central and south america are closer ot a way of life cuase the Drug war that the us cuased so thats not fare compare

i said compare figues of whole relatively peacefull nation The US still in Fact has more gun deaths than all i listed combined you agugeing with facts

since dumbliane the last school shooting in the uk that has been under 10 mass shootings in 20 years [ and im not counting terrorist ones like CIRA and RIRA and alike]

Jaoan has the smallest gun crime in the world that is fact

there is at least ten mass shooting a year in the us im sorry can you defned that

Jul 30, 2014 5:21 PM
Jan 2014
the founding fathers certainly didnt think about full automatic assault rifles when they made the constitution.

This video shows, yet again, the need for education. They comparison that guy made is beyond ridiculous. Additionally, he didnt actually justify his claim of guns being "necessary".
He just portrayed this completely lunatic scenario. What a failure.
Jul 30, 2014 7:40 PM

Mar 2012
cabacc2 said:
the founding fathers certainly didnt think about full automatic assault rifles when they made the constitution.

I think the existence of assault rifles would only have made them even more adamant that there needs to be a right to bear arms.
Let's go bowling.
Jul 30, 2014 7:43 PM

Mar 2013
StopDropAndBowl said:
cabacc2 said:

I think the existence of assault rifles would only have made them even more adamant that there needs to be a right to bear arms.
how?

Jul 30, 2014 8:03 PM
Jan 2014
StopDropAndBowl said:
cabacc2 said:

how can you possibly come to that conclusion?

Is that of the same kind as the famous "give pupils assault rifles to prevent school shootings"-logic?
Jul 30, 2014 9:28 PM

May 2014
That's retarded. We should have choice, that's what America is all about, choices. That is what separates us from others.
Jul 30, 2014 10:10 PM

Oct 2013
cabacc2 said:

This video shows, yet again, the need for education. They comparison that guy made is beyond ridiculous. Additionally, he didnt actually justify his claim of guns being "necessary".
He just portrayed this completely lunatic scenario. What a failure.

the puckle gun was invented in 1718 it had the ability to go full auto based off a crank only problame is it was years ahead of its time when they didnt have shells and what not. the Gatling gun was later based off it too. don't give me that rot that the founding fathers were not aware of the evolution of guns
"What a pitty, for such a intelligent young lady to be so brain washed by the organization...but ill be happy to respond to your lecture, unfortunately the real world isnt always so black and white..little claymore" Teresa Of The Faint Smile.

https://www.facebook.com/InappropriateOperator
Jul 30, 2014 10:34 PM

Oct 2013
I spent 7 years in three different military's, I seriously put down range about 3-6 million rounds during my career. ive seen 4 tours of duties in some of the worst shit holes you can think of, Africa, Afgan and even Iraq and some i wont mention. ive been shot at, ive shot people and ive killed people. I am now a Paramedic, I carry a gun on me where ever I go and i own lots of guns, not because im some loony or someone with issues but because ive seen first hand what monsters can do with guns and I know what they do when there arnt any good guys around with guns.

you people talk as if banning guns will solve everyone's probs and issues. yeah thats what they thought when they banned alcohol in the 20s and we all know how well that worked out for them. same will happen with guns, a bad guy will always find means and ways to acquire a gun with or without laws and restrictions. when you go apply for a gun you have to pass background checks and even after your first firearm you continue to have background checks and the more you want the more they dig into you. we have enough bullshit laws already.

The Second Amendment made to to protect our life and liberties not to mention to protect the 1st Amendment because you cant have one without the other. no butts about it.

as for the talk about the Founding Fathers not knowing about full auto this or assault rifles that. (The Puckle Gun) was created in the early 1700, 60+ years before the constitution was even written. it had the ability to go Full Auto based off a rotating cylinder based off a crank shaft. only issue is it was years ahead of its time and because there were no shells, it took a long time to reload. The Gatling gun would later be invented based off it.....so there you have that.

if you want to talk about gun ownership being a right then I for sure damn earned it in blood and even so everyone has a right as a American Citizen to own a Firearm as long as they havnt proven incapable otherwise.

you can talk all you want about fear mongering this or that and thinking of the worst out come possible but thats just ignorant talk. most gun owners have spent thousands of dollars for training not to mention range time so they are pretty well trained to handle situations.

also it is not that easy to get a firearm. first you need the required money for the gun. you go into a store fill out a 2 page paperwork with your first middle and last name, your social number, date of birth, the address where you live and other optional items. they then call the FBI and they transfer that info to them which takes 10 minutes to run the check and they say YES for Clear and No for not clear. if they clear you then you hand the money and get your gun and you walk out and if they dont clear you then they throw you out and call the police, its a 20-40 minute process total so how is this easy?. it also differs per country like in California its a 7 day wait period for background checks.

when I went for my CCW(Concealed Carry Permit) or CCP its different per state. I had to pay 200 dollars, get 8 hours of training done and pass two background checks before being cleared and this is after all the military training too.

gun ownership is a choice, and everyone has a right to choose to own a firearm or not, if you dont that is cool but dont force your opinions of why people should not own a gun based off lies and wrongful facts. remember its your 1st Amendment right to have a choice to even speak that talk in the first place and it was earned using guns.

one last thing I will add. If you are not an American Citizen and are from another country then you have no right to tell us how to live or even attempt to claim to know what you are talking about. dont own a gun then dont act like you do.
MrAnimeFanJul 31, 2014 1:23 AM
"What a pitty, for such a intelligent young lady to be so brain washed by the organization...but ill be happy to respond to your lecture, unfortunately the real world isnt always so black and white..little claymore" Teresa Of The Faint Smile.

Jul 30, 2014 10:48 PM

Jan 2013
MrAnimeFan said:

I think that all gun owners should undergo a basic shooter's training in order to receive a permit to own a gun of any sort.

Furthermore, all fees of this training would go towards federal trainers (I'm talking about hiring Vets).

During this trial period, besides the background checks all gun owners are subject to, the trainers are to observe closely the mental state of each gun owner that they train. Therefore the trainers themselves need to be checked on an advisably semi-annual basis. They must also go through training themselves where they are taught to notice signs of unhealthy mental states.

This way, people can learn to use guns, and the government can moderate who uses and controls guns.

The rest of the logistics can be worked out.

I own a Russian, Izhmash-made Saiga rifle, CA Legal version, never fully modified it to look like an AK but a Saiga instead. I also own a Saiga shotgun, TOZ-78 (Also known as Winchester Wildcat) and a Tokarev-33 Pistol. Each gun registered, licensed, and legal.

My uncle has served in the military and he has taught me to use the weapons.

Personally I am for the usage of weapons--anyone remember the case of the woman with a baby and a shotgun, when a thief entered her house? If she hadn't that shotgun, and if she hadn't fired the gun, she might've lost her life, her baby, or have been raped, or any number of possible negative consequences.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/okla-woman-shoots-kills-intruder911-operators-shoot/story?id=15285605
I stand with Freedom, no matter the cost, no matter the price.

Jul 30, 2014 10:52 PM

Mar 2013
Ok can we all just agree that the musket is the coolest gun ever? I mean you shoot it and it is like an explosion with the noise and smoke cloud it creates.

Jul 30, 2014 10:59 PM

Oct 2013
Jayex said:
MrAnimeFan said:

I think that all gun owners should undergo a basic shooter's training in order to receive a permit to own a gun of any sort.

Furthermore, all fees of this training would go towards federal trainers (I'm talking about hiring Vets).

During this trial period, besides the background checks all gun owners are subject to, the trainers are to observe closely the mental state of each gun owner that they train. Therefore the trainers themselves need to be checked on an advisably semi-annual basis. They must also go through training themselves where they are taught to notice signs of unhealthy mental states.

This way, people can learn to use guns, and the government can moderate who uses and controls guns.

I own a Russian, Izhmash-made Saiga rifle, CA Legal version, never fully modified it to look like an AK but a Saiga instead. I also own a Saiga shotgun, TOZ-78 (Also known as Winchester Wildcat) and a Tokarev-33 Pistol. Each gun registered, licensed, and legal.

Personally I am for the usage of weapons--anyone remember the case of the woman with a baby and a shotgun, when a thief entered her house? If she hadn't that shotgun, and if she hadn't fired the gun, she might've lost her life, her baby, or have been raped, or any number of possible negative consequences.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/okla-woman-shoots-kills-intruder911-operators-shoot/story?id=15285605

I am for minor background checking because it helps stop the bad guys somewhat but in the end they will always have a gun.

as for a government needing to know what I own or have, they dont. gun registration is the first step to gun confiscation and history has proven that.

Jul 30, 2014 11:00 PM

Jan 2013
mattbenz99 said:
Ok can we all just agree that the musket is the coolest gun ever? I mean you shoot it and it is like an explosion with the noise and smoke cloud it creates.

Yes! Known for its superb and ultimate accuracy! Oh my goodness!

The reality is a cheap hunting rifle like a Winchester Wildcat shoots straighter than that thing. Unless you're a beast 18th century sniper.

Jul 30, 2014 11:02 PM

Jan 2013
MrAnimeFan said:
Jayex said:

I am for minor background checking because it helps stop the bad guys somewhat but in the end they will always have a gun.

as for a government needing to know what I own or have, they dont. gun registration is the first step to gun confiscation and history has proven that.

That's true. I haven't quite put as much consideration into all that as you have. I'll think about the words you have written.

But then again, I'm against excessive regulation for that very reason--people who are willing to do evil, will attain the means in which to commit that evil, using illegal methods.

So who gets screwed by excessive regulation? The poor, innocent, law-abiding citizen who doesn't even have a decent six-shooter to hold off them baddies.

Jul 30, 2014 11:06 PM

Oct 2013
Jayex said:
MrAnimeFan said:

That's true. I haven't quite put as much consideration into all that as you have. I'll think about the words you have written.

But then again, I'm against excessive regulation for that very reason--people who are willing to do evil, will attain the means in which to commit that evil, using illegal methods.

So who gets screwed by excessive regulation? The poor, innocent, law-abiding citizen who doesn't even have a decent six-shooter to hold off them baddies.

there you go thats the rightful thinking i like to here. as for guns i own a lot man. Aks M4s, Belt Feds, Full autos. i really like my AKMs and i like my 338 Lapua R-700. just a few to mention

Jul 30, 2014 11:06 PM

Mar 2013
Jayex said:
mattbenz99 said:

Yes! Known for its superb and ultimate accuracy! Oh my goodness!

The reality is a cheap hunting rifle like a Winchester Wildcat shoots straighter than that thing. Unless you're a beast 18th century sniper.
I said cool not efficient. There is a difference.

Jul 30, 2014 11:19 PM

Mar 2013
MrAnimeFan said:
Jayex said:

in many states there are no laws requiring background checks for second hand guns sales or any regulation on them at all. That is where most of the guns used by criminals come from. I mean if you live in America all you need to do is drive a few hours and you can get a gun no questions asked

Jul 30, 2014 11:23 PM

Oct 2013
mattbenz99 said:
MrAnimeFan said:

in many states there are no laws requiring background checks for second hand guns sales or any regulation on them at all. That is where most of the guns used by criminals come from. I mean if you live in America all you need to do is drive a few hours and you can get a gun no questions asked

well the background checks are the personal responsibility of the seller, well duh my last AK buy was from some random guy i met online and i bought it in the parking lot of a Walmart. i live in Arizona and that is legal...

stop trying to find excuses to blame the law abiding citizens, thinking of the worst out come doesnt fly....

Jul 30, 2014 11:53 PM

Mar 2013
MrAnimeFan said:
mattbenz99 said:

well the background checks are the personal responsibility of the seller, well duh my last AK buy was from some random guy i met online and i bought it in the parking lot of a Walmart. i live in Arizona and that is legal...

stop trying to find excuses to blame the law abiding citizens, thinking of the worst out come doesnt fly....
a gun is deadly weapon and should be treated as such. It should not be that easy for some random person to buy a bunch of guns from a gun store then sell them at a mark up to gangs because when there is no background checks that is very well what might be happening

Jul 31, 2014 1:15 AM

Oct 2013
mattbenz99 said:
MrAnimeFan said:

a gun is deadly weapon and should be treated as such. It should not be that easy for some random person to buy a bunch of guns from a gun store then sell them at a mark up to gangs because when there is no background checks that is very well what might be happening

a gun is a deadly weapon in the wrong hands just like any other tool, a car, a bat, a shovel, a knife and even a pen. the reason why people sell second hand outside of gun stores is because they get their rightful money worth out of it. say you buy a colt m4 rifle for 1400 dollars, you have it for a few months and only put about 100 rounds down it. its still worth a good 1000 but a gun store wont give you that price, they will give you 600 bucks for it and resell it for 1100 dollars. a man has a right to get his money worth out of anything.

what makes you think they sell to gang members? a respectable gun owner would run a check and not sell to someone he finds out of the ordinary.. let me ask you something? i already know the answer but i feel the need to ask anyways. do you own any firearm?

also it is not that easy to get a firearm. first you need the required money for the gun. you go into a store fill out a 2 page paperwork with your first middle and last name, your social number, date of birth, the address where you live and other optional items. they then call the FBI and they transfer that info to them which takes 10 minutes to run the check and they say YES for Clear and No for not clear. if they clear you then you hand the money and get your gun and you walk out and if they dont clear you then they throw you out and call the police....how is this easy? its a 40 minute process total..
MrAnimeFanJul 31, 2014 1:20 AM

Jul 31, 2014 10:06 AM

Jan 2013
MrAnimeFan said:

I'd like to second this. It isn't easy to get guns that you need. Why would gang members settle with low tech, Civilian crap when they can get fully automatic assault rifles for less (or in some cases less, I mean). My father fought in Afghanistan...back then he told me he went to a black market and said he could purchase an AK-47 for $6 or a Chicken.

At any rate, it isn't difficult to acquire weapons illegally. Legally, yes. Illegally, no. After all, they're gangsters. Why would they abide by the laws?

Jul 31, 2014 10:16 AM

Mar 2013
MrAnimeFan said:
mattbenz99 said:

a gun is a deadly weapon in the wrong hands just like any other tool, a car, a bat, a shovel, a knife and even a pen. the reason why people sell second hand outside of gun stores is because they get their rightful money worth out of it. say you buy a colt m4 rifle for 1400 dollars, you have it for a few months and only put about 100 rounds down it. its still worth a good 1000 but a gun store wont give you that price, they will give you 600 bucks for it and resell it for 1100 dollars. a man has a right to get his money worth out of anything.

what makes you think they sell to gang members? a respectable gun owner would run a check and not sell to someone he finds out of the ordinary.. let me ask you something? i already know the answer but i feel the need to ask anyways. do you own any firearm?

also it is not that easy to get a firearm. first you need the required money for the gun. you go into a store fill out a 2 page paperwork with your first middle and last name, your social number, date of birth, the address where you live and other optional items. they then call the FBI and they transfer that info to them which takes 10 minutes to run the check and they say YES for Clear and No for not clear. if they clear you then you hand the money and get your gun and you walk out and if they dont clear you then they throw you out and call the police....how is this easy? its a 40 minute process total..
bullshit if you can just sell your old gun to anyone why wouldn't a specific group of people take advantage of that and agree to sell it to criminals for a higher price. You are far too trusting. Also are you really so crazy as to actually believe a pen is more deadly than an ar15?

Jul 31, 2014 10:24 AM
Jul 2014
Even if it's only an opinion, it's still messed up. Why teach the kids how to shoot? So we can have trained and expert gunmen, and a potential killer once somebody goes insane? There's no fucking need for it. Want a gun? Get your gun after passing your background and mental check. If you want kids to have a firearm, send 'em where they grow child soldiers.
Jul 31, 2014 10:58 AM

Mar 2012
cabacc2 said:
how can you possibly come to that conclusion

The founding father were scared of government oppression, and sought to give the citizens the right and power to prevent government oppression, right?

So if you went and told them that one day the government would have tanks, warplanes, ICBMs, and nukes... I think it's rather unlikely that they would somehow stop seeing the need for citizens to protect themselves from government oppression. I think it's a little more likely that they would have created an even stronger 2nd Amendment, and would have been overjoyed to allow the private citizen to own and carry assault rifles.

So many people push this nonsensical platitude of "The founding fathers never would have thought of assault rifles!" argument that they fail to realize that it actually supports the pro-gun side, and hurts the pro-gun control argument.
Let's go bowling.
Jul 31, 2014 11:41 AM

Oct 2013
mattbenz99 said:
MrAnimeFan said:

bullshit if you can just sell your old gun to anyone why wouldn't a specific group of people take advantage of that and agree to sell it to criminals for a higher price. You are far too trusting. Also are you really so crazy as to actually believe a pen is more deadly than an ar15?

i am not too trusting at all, i always background check the people i sell too. for instance i wouldn't sell you a gun because you dont really know a thing about them. as for pen you would be surprised what ive been trained to do with a pen. like i said before in the right hands anything can pretty much be a deadly weapon.

Jul 31, 2014 11:44 AM

Oct 2013
apachelsalvador said:
Even if it's only an opinion, it's still messed up. Why teach the kids how to shoot? So we can have trained and expert gunmen, and a potential killer once somebody goes insane? There's no fucking need for it. Want a gun? Get your gun after passing your background and mental check. If you want kids to have a firearm, send 'em where they grow child soldiers.

no you teach kids the responsibility of owning a gun, you teach them that a gun is a tool and not a toy. ou take them to the range and teach them the proper ways to handle a gun.

you would be surprised, they used to do this in the 40s-70s. they had gun safety classes.

Jul 31, 2014 1:05 PM

Mar 2013
MrAnimeFan said:

i am not too trusting at all, i always background check the people i sell too. for instance i wouldn't sell you a gun because you dont really know a thing about them. as for pen you would be surprised what ive been trained to do with a pen. like i said before in the right hands anything can pretty much be a deadly weapon.
ya that is great for you but you arent the only person doing it. i mean how easy is it for a few people to regularly buy a few guns then sell it to random people without any background check and make a profit off of it. gangs have to get their guns from somewhere i mean guns dont magically appear.

also the pen thing come on you are joking yourself if you think a murderer will walk into a school with a pen and do the same amount of damage as he would with a gun. i mean do you really belief as many people would of died in sandy hook if the killer used a pen?
mattbenz99Jul 31, 2014 1:09 PM

Jul 31, 2014 1:06 PM

Mar 2013
MrAnimeFan said:
apachelsalvador said:

no you teach kids the responsibility of owning a gun, you teach them that a gun is a tool and not a toy. ou take them to the range and teach them the proper ways to handle a gun.

you would be surprised, they used to do this in the 40s-70s. they had gun safety classes.
and again which class would you remove in order to squeeze this course into the school curriculum? there is only so much time in a day so adding 1 course means you have to remove another course.

Jul 31, 2014 1:43 PM
May 2007
Up until the 60s or 70s, my high school had a shooting team. My school still has the target practice room but it is now storage. No mass shootings or accidents I am aware of in the 100 year history of my school. When my dad was in high school in the 60s, him and his friends would have their hunting rifles in their trucks and could have Swiss Army knife in their pockets and their teachers were cool with it. No history of mass shootings at his school. Nowadays kids get suspended over pop tart shaped guns or playing cowboys and Indians.

I don't fully agree with what the NRA wants. It should be their job to educate people on gun safety if they value that. But I don't recall any of these mass shooters like Holmes and that Asian kid at Virginia Tech being card carrying members
Jul 31, 2014 2:45 PM

Jun 2008
DerpHole said:
Sinyan said:

Did this guy just seriously talk about integrating gun training into school curriculum? Real fucking smart.

As long as the environment is highly controlled and supervised I don't see a problem with it. Would result in less deaths as a result of kids stumbling upon guns in their houses closets and not respecting the guns power.

Could you imagine visiting a gunrange on a field trip and getting to fire something? Best fucking field trip ever lol.

I see nothing wrong with teaching kids how to use guns properly. In a highly controlled environment like a certified gun range would be more than sufficient.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jul 31, 2014 4:13 PM

Oct 2013
mattbenz99 said:
MrAnimeFan said:

ya that is great for you but you arent the only person doing it. i mean how easy is it for a few people to regularly buy a few guns then sell it to random people without any background check and make a profit off of it. gangs have to get their guns from somewhere i mean guns dont magically appear.

also the pen thing come on you are joking yourself if you think a murderer will walk into a school with a pen and do the same amount of damage as he would with a gun. i mean do you really belief as many people would of died in sandy hook if the killer used a pen?

gang members dress and act a certain way, you can tell who is a gang member if you are smart. also you dont just sell to random people. its a few days of talking and getting a feel of the person. gangs will get guns no matter what in the end, sure some people sell to the wrong sort but its not even 1 percent.

a monster will find a way to carry out his acts no matter how much you try to limit a law abiding citizen because that is all these stupid lws do is restrict us and prevent us from the proper means of defense. criminals are criminals BECAUSE THEY FAIL TO OBEY THE LAW.....you think he gives a crap about the gun laws?

and as for curriculum you can make it an elective, don't really have to take away something to add something. or you can just add another period. hell i can even name a few pointless classes that are required but not needed in life. also as they go up in grades some times they don't have as many periods as other younger students, like most have 7 but i when i hit Junior i only had 4 or 5 so i got out about 12ish so you can just add it in then.

you need to be more open and learn to think rationally...
MrAnimeFanJul 31, 2014 4:19 PM

Jul 31, 2014 4:26 PM

Oct 2013
cant just act like everyone who is not law enforcement or military and owns a gun doesnt know what they are doing or how to use it. a firearm is a tool and everyone who uses tools are required to know how it operates and functions.

like a car someone who drives, if it brakes you need to know how to fix it or how to operate it properly. same with a firearm.

45 percent of firearm owners are former military and combat vets like myself. we have more training then your average cop does in his entire career.

in my opinion the proper age to teach someone the dos and don'ts of owning a firearm starts in Jr High.

Jul 31, 2014 4:35 PM

Oct 2013
right now i am currently teaching my 10 year old nephew how to operate a firearm properly and safely. because his mom is single and disabled. i know for a fact i wont always be a round or i could end up dead myself. i want to know he can properly defend my sister if needed and have the courage and proper training to be able to draw effectively and drop anyone seeking to do harm to him or his mother. some day ill even buy him his own rifle when i feel he is mature enough to handle that responsibility.

i may not be a citified instructor but i scored expert on pretty much every platform i handled and i know more about what i am doing then most officers and law enforcement do.
MrAnimeFanJul 31, 2014 4:39 PM

Jul 31, 2014 5:44 PM
May 2007
To me, guns are just a hobby. That's how I was raised. Yeah, they are dangerous but anything in the wrong hands is dangerous. I have friends that are cops and they have dealt with criminals who had parkour and martial arts skills like they are fucking ninjas and couldn't catch them. I don't believe in this whole everybody should go out and get a gun mumbo jumbo. If people don't want one, hey, cool. The NRA should just be an organization for hobbyists, not as a political lobbying group. I don't think what they are advocating in terms of gun safety education will work in today's society, but maybe it will work in Utah.

Most of the guns I have back home are mostly collector items or just family heirlooms that we have had for generations. Nothing functional about them. My dad was in special ops and served in Vietnam. He also came from a family of fellow soldiers, hunters and ranchers. And when my mom was a volunteer doctor in 3rd world countries, she had to pack heat and it actually helped her out of a few jams with other volunteers. My dad and his uncles just taught me how to shoot and be safe with guns from a young age. I started with bow and arrows and crossbows though. The guns they had for the recoil was too much for my small frame lol. And I say bow and arrows are a bitch when you are starting young and I do practice kyudo here in Japan from time to time.

I am left-handed but I score pretty high both shooting left and right-handed since my family initially trained me right-handed but it is mostly learning how to shoot with your "aim eye" which applies more with a bow and arrow. I can't shoot a bow and arrow left-handed strangely enough but when I fire right handed I can aim better with my "aim eye," my left eye.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.