Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 26, 2014 1:51 PM

Feb 2014
Vexper said:
Feyfray said:
Is anyone else playing the onii-sama drinking game?

Yeah man I'm currently in the hospital having my stomach pumped.

Twins! Onii-sama, please hold me while I fall asleep.. *blush*
Jul 26, 2014 1:55 PM

Sep 2012
Maerow said:
That music at the end..

French rap, really ? Soooo embarrassing to listen (and I'm French..)

Well, I'm french too. And I'm kinda used to this now. They also pulled a nice french rap song in the second season of Jormungand.
Jul 26, 2014 2:00 PM
Feb 2013
I wonder who the fuck were those guys who wanna see First High lose?
Jul 26, 2014 2:01 PM

Apr 2008
RazorRamona200 said:
I wonder who the fuck were those guys who wanna see First High lose?

Don't worry you'll find out next ep.
Jul 26, 2014 2:02 PM

Nov 2013
jakkubus said:
Jared3318 said:

Cause we definitely asked how you feel about the series.

Cause we definitely asked how you feel about how Newhopes feels. :P

Didn't say I felt some type of way lol.

Jul 26, 2014 2:06 PM

Mar 2009
Who were the guys that stopped the Terminator dude? And how did they know he was coming?
Jul 26, 2014 2:06 PM

Jul 2009
not as epic as last week's episode. need more tatsuya in action.
Jul 26, 2014 2:20 PM
Feb 2014
Okay episode, I guess...

Mirage bat was okay. Was never really that interested in it, even in the LNs... besides, ever since I found out their costumes would look like that, it just looked a bit stupid xp... I liked the scene where all of the contestants used flight magic and theey were showing how everyone was zipping around making the lights go out. But otherwise, meh...

As for Tatsuya's rage, I wanted MORE rage... I expected him to EXPLODE... I mean, yeah, I guess he looked pretty darn demonic, but I wanted some raging shouting from him. Like: HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO MY SISTER! or something like that xp... oh well

OKAY, now I'm REALLY REALLY WORRIED about the pacing! The OP shows that they'll be including the Yokohama arc, right? But it's already freaking episode 17 and they STILL HAVEN'T FINISHED the 9SC arc... I'm getting super WORRIED...

Let's say they wrap up the 9SC in the next episode and even start the Yokohama arc halfway through... that'll leave only 6.5 episode to cover the longest, best arc of the series??? NO WAY!!! Dammit, I'm really confused about what the producers have in mind
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 26, 2014 2:23 PM

Apr 2008
Duri1n said:
Okay episode, I guess...

Mirage bat was okay. Was never really that interested in it, even in the LNs... besides, ever since I found out their costumes would look like that, it just looked a bit stupid xp... I liked the scene where all of the contestants used flight magic and theey were showing how everyone was zipping around making the lights go out. But otherwise, meh...

As for Tatsuya's rage, I wanted MORE rage... I expected him to EXPLODE... I mean, yeah, I guess he looked pretty darn demonic, but I wanted some raging shouting from him. Like: HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO MY SISTER! or something like that xp... oh well

OKAY, now I'm REALLY REALLY WORRIED about the pacing! The OP shows that they'll be including the Yokohama arc, right? But it's already freaking episode 17 and they STILL HAVEN'T FINISHED the 9SC arc... I'm getting super WORRIED...

Let's say they wrap up the 9SC in the next episode and even start the Yokohama arc halfway through... that'll leave only 6.5 episode to cover the longest, best arc of the series??? NO WAY!!! Dammit, I'm really confused about what the producers have in mind

He'll likely explode next ep though

Mormegil said:
Who were the guys that stopped the Terminator dude? And how did they know he was coming?

Tatsuya's colleagues in the military.
Jul 26, 2014 2:29 PM

Apr 2009
..too much incest, too much dumb stuff, too much of anything I hate in anime. This show is offensive on so many levels that I actually fail to describe its awfulness.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 26, 2014 2:39 PM

Jul 2013
i just think it is really lame that they innovate with the flight magic sequence, and then the others schools have to bitch about it and get it too without moving a finger
i mean... wtf?

first time i saw tatsuya so angry :)
Jul 26, 2014 2:40 PM

Jul 2013
Well, No Head Dragon just dug their own grave. Making Tatsuya angry is the last thing you want to do. He won't calm down till they're all dead. If Kudou didn't interrupt, Tatsuya would have ripped the guy's throat out. Kinda sad they skipped Azusa's inner monologues and her conversation with Mayumi about how the Course 1 and Course 2 problem happened.
Jul 26, 2014 2:59 PM
Jul 2018
The competition is still continuing. Everyone is shock about the Flying magic.
Jul 26, 2014 3:09 PM

Jul 2014
I would give an OKAY for this recent episode, the pacing is too fast. Even though the mirage bat's competition is not really that interesting at least for me but still, they should slow down things for a bit example like how Tatsuya got that hearing's kit on his right ear, in every episodes there would be always a let down and things that weren't told on the episode.

I hope Mahouka Series is going better soon, especially on Yokohama Arc and the next episode which will comes in next week. I knew what is going on next episode, I am hoping they can execute the episode well.

I do not find the interaction between Tatsuya and Miyuki reach an Incest's high level meter, If the series going to get season 2 I hope the producer can explain why Tatsuya became like the way he is right now. What happened to him in the past, his family's tragedy, and everything in the right place and in the right time.

I am pretty much sure the Yokohama Arc can't be done only with the remaining episode. I bet we are going to get a Tokyo Raven's season 1 ending like. Loved it when Tatsuya went berserk after detecting the Anomaly on Miyuki's CAD, His eyes are cold yet so badass in the same time :3

Jul 26, 2014 3:14 PM

Jan 2014
nice episode, oniisama can be really scary
Jul 26, 2014 3:17 PM
Jan 2011
Andyis said:
I hope a more powerful opponent appears, like if they outsource one of the best magicians to enter the competition, under a disguise. either way, it doesn't look like oniisama will be defeated anytime soon

The entire Mahouka storyline is divided into 3 years, each with 4 or so story arcs. The badass magicians from America don't arrive until the second year.

Next episode
Jul 26, 2014 3:26 PM

Mar 2008
Oh hell, They done pissed off Tatsuya. Heads are gonna roll cause of it & I can't wait.
Jul 26, 2014 3:29 PM

Jul 2013
He got real angry here. That look in his eyes..
Lol, incest vibes strong yet again.
Flying magic..Miyuki really kicked ass in Mirage Bat :D

That look in Tatsuya's eyes..

Jul 26, 2014 3:38 PM

Nov 2012
This arc still isn't over...
Jul 26, 2014 3:43 PM

Jul 2009
Sourire said:
I have no problem with the incest in Kiss x Sis, but the incest vibes in Mahouka are making me uncomfortable..

Maybe because the Kiss x Sis incest isn't real. They're not really siblings. But Tatsuya and Miyuki are?

anyway i love dem demon eyes Tatsuya had. Someone's gonna die.
Jul 26, 2014 3:50 PM

Jul 2012
the demon eyes were alright, but i really think they failed to capture the "suffocatingly murderous atmosphere" described in the novels. oh well, next episode should be fun :D
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Jul 26, 2014 4:02 PM

May 2013
Question for LN readers: How many episodes more this arc will have? Because it seems anime will end just before Yokohoma arc. Of course with cliffhanger...
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Jul 26, 2014 4:12 PM

Jun 2013
Onii-sama is not amused.

Jul 26, 2014 4:20 PM

Jun 2010
Damn. Those eyes.

If only this series had a better production.. would be freakin epic.
Jul 26, 2014 4:28 PM

Aug 2013
ow great episode, one of the best so far, the highlight of this was to Miyuki finally used the magic of flight, and Tatsuya who first saw him get angry about something, wanted to know what he would do to interrogate the guy who misrepresented Miyuki's CAD, this would take more than the last episode in Masaki
had a bit of flirtation between the brothers, almost felt a declaration of love of Tatsuya during the episode, I also think that now he can no longer hide his identity of Taurus Silver, did not get to this part in LN, but I think I'll go back reading, at last the second part of this arc is very good ..
Jul 26, 2014 4:49 PM

Jul 2010
Using whatever means to get First High to lose!
Seeing the Patriarch having interest like that on Tatsuya!

Tatsuya catching the person who tampered with the CADs
How he said that it was the only one natural thing seems kinda sad.
Sending that enhanced human, I was scared for a second that the person he was going to grab would die.
A new generation of Mirage Bat with the flying spells! Miyuki won by far even with the same spells.
Jul 26, 2014 4:56 PM

Aug 2013
That generator basically did nothing lol.
My Candies:
Jul 26, 2014 4:57 PM

Dec 2012
Onii-sama moments again.

So the Competition Arc will end next episode ? Will it include Tatsuya hunting those responsible for the attack on First High or that would be a different arc?
Jul 26, 2014 5:08 PM

Feb 2013
I think they will connect this arc with Yokohama arc ....we have all the necessary element for it to happen ....i hoped they didn't but with 26 episode only way Yokohama arc starts is by having Chinese attack next episode or 2
Jul 26, 2014 6:04 PM

Sep 2013
Tatsuya rage was truly beautiful. I have a Tatsuya complex! ;)

Jul 26, 2014 6:19 PM

Apr 2008
neilviosuy said:
If its for Miyuki I highly doubt Tatsuya would care. I don't even think he cares about the secrecy. If i remember he mentioned not minding the exposure. Only Miyuki matters everything else is extra for him.

Although I have to admit Miyuki seemed like cheating since his brother is the developer of the flying magic, despite still having the leading score.

God I hope they won't adapt the Yokoyama Incident this season since only a few episodes are left and I don't want my favorite arc in the LN to be butchered.
They should just do the going to the beach side story since only few available episodes are left.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they did the beach episode as an OVA
Jul 26, 2014 6:42 PM

May 2013
An aggressive Tatsuya. His eyes looked like he's ready to kill. That old man is very suspicious.

Excited for the next episode!
Jul 26, 2014 7:08 PM

Dec 2013
Ah, the arc is ending next episode.. No wonder this episode was so awesome, but they are clearly overusing the incest theme. From what I've seen the pacing of this series seems really slow. They'll probably fit the background story of the Shiba siblings before this first season ends so maybe after that we can understand a bit more about their situation.

Tatsuya is finally showing, though he's pretty "cold", some emotions which is something nice to see in exchange. I was really hoping for him to beat the hell out of that guy or something, but I guess I'll have to wait for the next arc. I'm still quite hyped about his destruction potential.

The Crimson Prince... I'm not sure where he stands in all of this. He was introduced as a rival to Tatsuya, but will he be fighting with or against him and does he have any connections to the evil-doers behind the accidents is a question I'm pondering.
Jul 26, 2014 8:26 PM
Jul 2014
For some reason, i feel that something bad is going to happen. I wonder why his face gets all serious at the end, and im like dying to know xD
Jul 26, 2014 8:45 PM

Aug 2013
The engineers and executive committee of the other high schools must be desperate idiots. They couldn't have not known a new type of magic takes time to master and using it without proper training or in this case being as powerful as Miyuki would put strain on their participants (iirc, this uses continuous casting). I'd rather lose with dignity knowing I gave it my all than bow out of the match only to watch the superior participant soar through the skies.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 26, 2014 8:46 PM

Jan 2011
this is one of the worst episodes.
2/5
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Jul 26, 2014 9:24 PM

Dec 2011
Love the fact they didn't hold back, with Miyuki using the Flying CAD and Tatsuya roughnecking that staff committee.

Looks like it will be the wrap up to this arc, can't wait to see what the opposition will do to the tourney.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2014 9:58 PM

May 2014
Loved this episode, and I wonder what those Letters and Numbers meant on the notepad Tatsuya was holding before Miyuki came in.

Jul 26, 2014 10:25 PM

Sep 2013
Man fucking hax my high school team didn't win because those fucking faggot from 1st High use flying magic
Jul 26, 2014 10:55 PM
Mar 2011
so, now the flying magic is public now?

this anime wouldn't go higher than 8 for me. I really hate that stupid sister. maybe if she dies
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jul 26, 2014 10:59 PM

Apr 2013
unbearable incest scenes, oni-sama said multiple times, boring.

3 minute discussion about sending a really strong guy to kill teenagers, gets taken out in 15 seconds.. -> the action in this show is so bland, I get more excited watching fresh paint dry.
Jul 26, 2014 11:25 PM

Jul 2012
Well it felt too fast. I agree with sourire about that 3 minute discussion while that guy gets owned in less than 10 seconds LOL. It seems the competition is ending soon isn't it?
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jul 27, 2014 12:09 AM
Feb 2009
oh sht Tatsuya was about to snapp there
Jul 27, 2014 12:40 AM

Apr 2012
that was really boring
not much else to say
kinda lame that the main antagonists of this arc are some kind of underground jockeys
also the wincest was strong in this one

Jul 27, 2014 1:01 AM

Jun 2013
This is getting ridiculous. Part X? Couldn't they have come up with a better name?
As usual, Miyuki blushing and "onii-sama"ing annoys me to hell. Is that blush permanently etched on her cheeks or what?
What were the bad guys thinking? "First High has won consecutively for several seasons, let's bet on them losing!"
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Jul 27, 2014 1:28 AM

Aug 2013
Ew way too many goddamn incest xP Don't get me wrong, I like incest in some situations but for this anime? NO WAY. I ship Tatsuya with Mizuki or Mari or anybody else BUT Miyuki.Or Tatsuya with me is good too :) LOL
Jul 27, 2014 1:41 AM

Sep 2008
HunterTennouji said:

As usual, Miyuki blushing and "onii-sama"ing annoys me to hell. Is that blush permanently etched on her cheeks or what?

I agree. While I get over oniisama somehow nowadays, there was really no reason for all that blushing. Hell, I even consider her much prettier when not blushing.

HunterTennouji said:

What were the bad guys thinking? "First High has won consecutively for several seasons, let's bet on them losing!"

Actually, that does make sense. By betting on big favorite to lose you earn much more money.
They had a decent suicide attack plan which didn't work only because Tatsuya was there. If he wasn't that car would've hit the bus since they all casted magic at the same time, doing the worst possible thing.

I have many, many, MANY bad things to say about this show, but villains in 2nd arc were much better than the ones in first one. The villain in first arc was flat out retarded. He had 1 magic spell ready for fight, no escape plan, did no scouting except for 1 surprise attack and knew NOTHING prior to executing his plan.

Where this arc failed with villains was in the end.
Let's consider for a second what would've happened if their mass execution plan worked. Sure, they'd win gambling money off of this tournament, but what about their customers?
Nobody would ever again bet with them. No one. Ever. They would lose every last customer and probably get killed by their bosses for that.

That being said, I'm glad to see Tatsuya angry for change. His eyes while he was on that technician guy were eyes of hatred. He wasn't far from killing the guy.
Mirage bat with all teams equipped with flying devices was beautiful.

After this episode I raised my score for this show by 1. It's 5 now. This is as far as a show can go on my ratings without explaining character backgrounds. The end of this arc would be a good opportunity to incorporate some.
Hell, they don't even need to explain everything. Show some flashbacks.

Let me compare it to a show I really enjoy. Arrow.
We had somewhat of an OP character in Arrow who got all of his background exposition done in short burst of flashbacks. It worked great. I would love to see some 30s-1min long flashbacks every episode to get some sense at why things are such as they are.

Waiting to hear why Miyuki is as annoying as she is until 2nd or 3rd season is nonsensical.
Jul 27, 2014 1:44 AM

Jun 2013
Wow tatsuya actually lost his cool, what a glare
Jul 27, 2014 1:44 AM

Jul 2010
Really those two should just fuck already. My god, the tension is off the charts! : 3
Jul 27, 2014 2:15 AM

Sep 2008
MEsoJD said:
Really those two should just fuck already. My god, the tension is off the charts! : 3

There are a few doujinshi out already. Some have story about the same quality of this show. Not that it says much, but it could be considered canon :P
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

456 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 16, 10:37 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.