Forum Settings
Forums

Ever found anime cool and epic, but found some people who watched anime disturbing in real life?

New
Jul 24, 2014 11:51 AM

Nov 2013
ive met some really disturbing people who watched anime throughout my life -_-

kinda of a disappointment but I did find some decent people. That dosent stop me from watching more anime

have you guys had this experience?

if so describe your experience wit:

1) The first time you met someone else who watches anime

2) how were they like in all traits were they completely healthy?

lol im not healthy myself
Click her and join one of my clubs today, if your interested/ Clubs to join up /My profile /My reviews /My list
Jul 24, 2014 11:52 AM
Aug 2012
you disturb me
Jul 24, 2014 12:00 PM

Feb 2010
I've had long chats with crossdressing traps in maid costumes, or with fat lonely nerds looking for social contacts by challenging strangers to pokemon duels. I particularly remember that one really ugly and lonely brony who walked alone in circles around the premises for 8-10 hours.
You meet a lot of (strange) people when you barkeep at a convention, but I like strange people, they are usually more interesting than normal people.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 24, 2014 12:01 PM

Jan 2013
never met anyone in real life who watches anime. I've introduced friends to some but that's about it. there aren't really any conventions where I live either so yeah
Jul 24, 2014 12:06 PM

Jul 2014
One of my coworker watches animé. He's emotionally healthy tough it seems to me than he have problems making his mind about what he really wants to do in his future. He's quite overweight but he's working on it.

In all, he's a normal human being with his good traits and his flaws.
Jul 24, 2014 12:08 PM
Aug 2012
JeanQuebecois said:
animé
JeanQuebecois said:
é
stop
Jul 24, 2014 12:14 PM

May 2013
I have yet to meet another person in real life who watches anime that hasn't been socially inept in some way: they're a weird breed, those anime watchers. I'm not exempt at all, but I like to think I can hide it a bit better than others.
Jul 24, 2014 12:15 PM

Nov 2008
2ch is filled with them along with other types of the mentally disturbed from other fandoms.

Jul 24, 2014 12:28 PM

Jul 2014
I know 3 who do, 2 guys and 1 girl and the only really outlandish one is the girl, I wouldn't say she's crazy but her dress code is a bit... And her hair is a new (strong) colour every week. She's doesn't have any bad personality traits though, maybe a bit too easily excited and intense.
Jul 24, 2014 12:32 PM

May 2012
JeanQuebecois said:
animé

lol

Starmac said:
I have yet to meet another person in real life who watches anime that hasn't been socially inept in some way: they're a weird breed, those anime watchers. I'm not exempt at all, but I like to think I can hide it a bit better than others.

Because the normal ones who watch it would never let you know unless you were at some event. I went to an anime club at my highschool in the middle of the year and I found out one of my friends was part of it. Neither of us knew the other person watched anime.
Jul 24, 2014 12:38 PM

Jun 2013
I have 2 cousins who watch anime. They are 2 guys. The youngest one is 13, he says anime isn't really his thing but he says he absolutely loved Samurai Champloo. The Oldest one (the youngest one and oldest one are brothers) loves anime just as much as I do, he loves Samurai Champloo as well, and he likes to cosplay as Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean, not to mention that his costume is like the real thing and he looks just like him with it on. I wouldn't say he's bad or anything, actually a very good fellow if you get to know him, doesn't do any drugs or anything. The youngest one however had ADHD and can be a brat at times, not to mention he smokes weed, so yeah, not good and I don't like him that much.

All in all, I don't know that many people who are like that. Myself, well let's just say I'm a very shy unsociable person. That's what happens when you hardly leave the house for 2 years.
Jul 24, 2014 12:45 PM

Jan 2013
All of them are quite fat.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jul 24, 2014 12:45 PM
May 2014
Yeah, and it bothers me but what can we do? There's a lot of anime who are made to attract those weird ass people and mke them buy it. It won't stop unless anime stops being weird itself which it won't.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 24, 2014 1:03 PM

Feb 2013
my best friend from grades 1-8

hes really into music, more than everyone else i know, also an unusually fast runner

AnimeSoul666 said:
what do u mean? are you a wheelchair guy?
Jul 24, 2014 1:06 PM

Mar 2014
Anime isn't healthy. It's usually a life threatening disease, would not advise watching any.
Jul 24, 2014 1:19 PM

Apr 2012
Enema said:
you disturb me

Jul 24, 2014 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
I think the anime fans who are really weird tend to be a lot more obsessive and "in your face" about it. Meanwhile, the "normal" fans blend in with the rest of society.
Jul 24, 2014 1:30 PM

Jan 2010
Yeah there's a guy in my school who wears Luffy's staw hat everywhere, and when this guy run, he'd run like a fucking ninja in Naruto.

That 2 thing alone is enough to disturb me.
Jul 24, 2014 1:32 PM

Aug 2013
no

well, not yet I guess

Jul 24, 2014 1:36 PM

Aug 2013
I thought that anime was pretty cool and radical, but then OP made this topic and made me feel insecure about my personal interests.

Anyway, most of the guys I know who watch anime are chill and easygoing people. I don't know any obsessive weebs who shove their interests down other people's throats. Obsessive people in general are creepy.
Jul 24, 2014 1:48 PM

Dec 2012
Uhh yeah I have just like I've met creepy and disturbing people who serve the community, play sports, and go to church.
Jul 24, 2014 2:17 PM

Nov 2013
romagia said:

hes really into music, more than everyone else i know, also an unusually fast runner

AnimeSoul666 said:

no like I don't get out much and I just spend my days on a couch doing anime marathons .-.
Click her and join one of my clubs today, if your interested/ Clubs to join up /My profile /My reviews /My list
Jul 24, 2014 2:25 PM

Nov 2012
Never seen someone really disgusting as of yet. Most of them are average college students.
Jul 24, 2014 2:44 PM

May 2014
Nope. All my casual friends who've only watch AoT or SAO and old stuff like DBZ and Pokemon are all physically and socially healthy.
Jul 24, 2014 2:50 PM

Feb 2013
AnimeSoul666 said:
romagia said:

no like I don't get out much and I just spend my days on a couch doing anime marathons .-.
but its summer and very hot outside; youd have to be crazy to not stay inside
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1232731&show=0
Jul 24, 2014 2:52 PM

Apr 2011
From what I can remember, the first anime-watcher that I met was a class mate of mine through grades 8-10. He's one of my best friends now which is kinda ironic, as his father and my father are good friends as well (no, we never met before we were put in the same class). He introduced me to One Piece, Gintama, Sengoku Basara, Detective Academy Q and Naruto, to name a few.

He's the kind of guy that most people would bully. You know, the shy, small, quite kid in each class? Yeah, this was him. But in Maldives, we never have bullying, so he was pretty safe.

There are plenty of others that I know who watch anime, most importantly another one of my best friends.... one whom I consider a brother. He can be quite nutty and idiotic, but other than that he's completely fine. Much like the rest of the anime watchers that I've personally met.

Why the fuck am I writing so much?
Jul 24, 2014 3:40 PM

Nov 2013
All of who I've meet have the a disease called the "Pleb".

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

67 by Thanatos1 »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 5 hours ago

17 by Ratris_Decision »»
8 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 6 hours ago

19 by alshu »»
9 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

71 by Scud »»
24 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - Yesterday

41 by TitanOfPlasma »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.