Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2014 1:27 PM

Jan 2014
A meh episode, So far Akame is taking the floor by a landslide.
Hope this show gets better
Jul 24, 2014 1:32 PM

Jun 2011
Well apart from the obvious whole skipping an arc that they will probably add in later (though i think it is stupid they did this in the first place) they went and made Kaneki look like a naive fool that has not learned a thing from past encounters. In the manga he was constantly doubting Tsukiyama and was on guard around him the only reason he kept associating with him was because he was asked to find out more about the gourmet club by Itori because Kaneki wanted more information. Sure he did not expect to be caught in such a horrible situation but he was still not nearly clueless as they showed him this episode.

They also removed the humans that were with him in the gourmet club so that was also bare bones just like all of his time and interactions with Tsukiyama they just skimmed through all of it and cut as much as they could giving us only the basics so they could quickly reach that point in a single episode..... I have been mostly fine with the anime so far up and till this episode this one was a really big let down for me =/
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 24, 2014 1:35 PM

Jan 2014
Kaneki needs to start fighting for real, Gourmet is sick XD taht napkin scene
Jul 24, 2014 1:38 PM
Jul 2014
dat...napkin...doe
Jul 24, 2014 1:48 PM

Apr 2014
Man this episode really got me pumped. It was just so action-packed and I was just yelling at Kaneki to get his Kagune out lol. I'm just so excited for the next ep but at the same time, I also think that the anime is going way to fast. Even though ep 4 just aired, its already around chapter 39ish in the manga. The anime also skipped a lot of information and also the dove arc ANNNNDDD there was supposed to be 2 other people being served with Kankeki that are humans. I just really believe Tsukiyama appeared way to freaking early. I was a little shocked that they already showed the gourmet food part but I didn't really mind that much. Overall the anime still is amazing and really does get my blood pumping and wow I fan girl like crazy over it.
EllieeMJul 24, 2014 6:57 PM
Jul 24, 2014 1:48 PM

Sep 2011
Thread Cleaned
Just because people post they hate the adaptation and scrutinize the episode, does not mean you can go and be all bait posting, insulting, etc.
Jul 24, 2014 1:51 PM

Nov 2013
So the fat girl and the other guy are not there...
I wanted to see the fat girl die..
Jul 24, 2014 1:53 PM

Sep 2011
Hannahhond said:
So the fat girl and the other guy are not there...
I wanted to see the fat girl die..
Now that you mention it, I just noticed they took that out too.
Jul 24, 2014 1:59 PM

Nov 2013
My god so much is missing!
No Dove Arc
The two other people at the ghoul restraint
This felt really rushed
I hope they just flipped the Dove and Gourmet arc around so after this is the Dove arc.
Jul 24, 2014 2:05 PM

Aug 2009
I didn't like how Kaneki just went with the guy, even after being told to stay away from him. The gourmet ghouls are sick, even when they didn't knew about Kaneki being a rare one-eye they where tempted to cannibalism. I'm afraid everyone will try to capture him now that he has become famous :S

The sniffing scene was the creepy and laughable, he was so high on that blood xD
Jul 24, 2014 2:18 PM

Mar 2014
Tsukiyama is such a creep. The scene where he sniffed that napkin with Kaneki's blood made me laugh more than I should. At least his voice actor is Miyano Mamoru.

The gourmet scene was nice. That classical music though.
Jul 24, 2014 2:19 PM

Nov 2012
Ok, during the Gourmet arc, wasn't there more people being served as a main dish, and not just Kaneki? I remember that one chunky lady who was too selfish to save the other people
Jul 24, 2014 2:21 PM

Apr 2013
Well this is.. Peculiar...
Jul 24, 2014 2:23 PM

Apr 2008
interpets said:
Ok, during the Gourmet arc, wasn't there more people being served as a main dish, and not just Kaneki? I remember that one chunky lady who was too selfish to save the other people

You remember right. Sadly the anime removed them
Jul 24, 2014 2:24 PM

May 2013
I didn't like this episode even though I'm an anime-only watcher.
SentiNel said:
Kaneki is literally too stupid to live. He was SPECIFICALLY told to not trust the guy and pretty much the next thing he does is go along with him. Alone. To a place he does not know. Hoping to learn more about the girl who tried to eat him. And turned him into a semighoul. By luring him out to an isolated place.

Seriously, being a ghoul does not mean your brains are rotten.
This x100. Didn't really like the Gourmet guy either, a little too over the top IMO. Also weird to me how Kaneki was able to fight the big guy and dodge his attacks even though he got like one training session. If I don't like the next episode, I won't drop it, but I'll read the manga on the side.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jul 24, 2014 2:28 PM

Nov 2012
Darklight0303 said:
interpets said:

hmm, how unfortunate. they even skipped the dove arc. i wonder how they'll pull through with this.
Jul 24, 2014 2:29 PM
Feb 2014
That was.. slightly disappointing...

I feel like a lot of character interactions are missing... there wasnt very much buildup to the final trap scene. This is kinda unfortunate... frm the comments, Kaneki wasnt even supposed to be as naive as he seems to be in the anime, which sucks... I really wished they didn't rush things.... As a non-manga reader, even i can tell several scenes seem to be missing... the fact that it took so little time for Kaneki to fall in to trap makes me see Kaneki in a bad light... had they taken their time, I would've understood why Kaneki might've fallen under the charm of the gourmet. But in the anime, it took a grand total of 2 meetings -_-... jeez...

Animation quality kinda dropped in this episode. Was not impressed by the Taro chasing Kaneki part... and the censoring when Gourmet tore Taro apart was just... awfull.... like, really horrible...

Damn... and the story seemed so interesting. Judging from the comments, a lot of things about ghouls could've been explained and explored in this arc. About how they're curious about human tastes, how they try to understand how different ingredients and seasoning tastes. How desperate some of them are to taste what humans taste... but, since they rushed it, I didn't really understand what was going on until I came onto the forums...

It's really too bad... I hope later episodes dont suffer frm this rushed pacing. I also hope they'll use the scenes they cut out in the next episode? But honestly, some damage was already done when they let Kaneki fall into the trap so fast in this episode, imo
Duri1nJul 24, 2014 2:34 PM
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 24, 2014 2:31 PM

Jul 2013
well i wanted to see some more of touka, but i guess the episode was gook anyway
i will just hate it if kaneki believes that creep again

Oct 2013
This episode adapted 8 entire chapters! Is needed more than art to be able to do this achievement. It was basically an entire volume adapted in 1 episode. Just 1 chapter escaped, because it probably will be used later(I Hope), because of the rest of the arc.

My estimation is unfortunately right, they will adapt an arc of 2 volumes in 2 episodes, unless in the next episode thet extremely reduces the pacing, or it mixes stuff from other arcs.

That removed Uta and Itori entrance shenanigans, and a lot of other Itori shenanigans :'(

Kaneki from anime is a totally different entity than the Kaneki from the manga. They are doing the exact same stuff that was made in Evangellion with Shinji: The anime version has 1000% angst and stupidity without enough explanation. The manga version every act is well explained and the character has average intelligent and some little angst(that given the explanation is totally understandable and expected).
So Kaneki go with the weird guy, that stalks him blatantly(Gourmet appeared at his university, a place that he should not know Kaneki frequents(unless he is a stalker!!), and directly says that it is there for him!), to a restaurant that make him take a bath before starting to eat? And even before that Touka not only said that he was dangerous, but that he was one of the parasites of the 20th ward. OMG, how much can a person be stupid!
Is not even funny the difference between Kaneki anime and manga. Kaneki manga would totally call Kaneki anime retarted and punch him in the face. 

Jan 2014
Ok so, the Gourmet came first eh? Well not all bad considering this arc does not have to be finished from beginning to end. Anyway all I disliked were the changes, Toka should have been training Kaneki it was quite the interaction there, also Kaneki was a lot more badass against Taro in the manga, at the very least it showcased how capable he was. Oh well......not bad but still left me wanting.
Jul 24, 2014 2:35 PM

Oct 2013
episode seemed a little gay I'm not going to lie I really hope they don't keep this up
[/quote]
Jul 24, 2014 2:48 PM

Apr 2013
Talk about madness haha. Nice epusode abd what was that High Class ghouls? This guy is crazy now Kaneki not only has to escape from that mad gramps but from the psycho too haha. I guess the Rize inside will take care of this also Rize looked like...too arrogant don't you think?
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Jul 24, 2014 2:49 PM
Jul 2012
Well, Shuu wasn't that surprising. In all honesty, I thought by how he is a Gourmet he tweaks the human food he obtains. I wasn't expecting him to be a cannibalistic ring leader. Honestly, his actions aren't funny in my opinion, but more interesting. Also, it feels weird listening to him because of the VA. I can't help but think its Takuto, from Star Driver, or Yogi, from Karneval, who is smelling that hanky.

Also, it is nice to learn about the one-eye ghoul thing. Its really interesting. Also, I know that everyone has been complaining about this arc thing, and its gotten my curious. How far are the English translations for this anime's manga? Or light-novel is it doesn't have a manga.
Jul 24, 2014 2:52 PM

Mar 2014
interpets said:
Darklight0303 said:

hmm, how unfortunate. they even skipped the dove arc. i wonder how they'll pull through with this.

Is that Dove arc you are talking about so good or important? I don't read the manga but I see many people complain about not including it.
Jul 24, 2014 2:54 PM

Mar 2013
Everyone keeps saying it is rushed and most of the parts are skipped...:O

I will probably read the manga after the anime is done ( but of course I will read untill the chapter where anime leaves off ).

Apr 2013
As someone with no knowledge of the manga adaptation, this episode felt quite a bit rushed.

CrimsonMoon56 said:
Everyone keeps saying it is rushed and most of the parts are skipped...:O

I will probably read the manga after the anime is done ( but of course I will read untill the chapter where anime leaves off ).

Ditto, looks like I might check out the manga for this too.
Powerful eyebrows.
Apr 2014
... I think I better start reading the manga now.
Jul 24, 2014 2:57 PM

Dec 2012
what a creep that guy is. it's disturbing.
Jul 24, 2014 2:58 PM

Oct 2013
danae17 said:
interpets said:

Is that Dove arc you are talking about so good or important? I don't read the manga but I see many people complain about not including it.

That arc will be adapted later, but with a lot of differences and different context! That is guaranteed due to the PV!
Jul 24, 2014 2:58 PM

Sep 2011
danae17 said:
interpets said:

Yes, yes it is.
Jul 24, 2014 3:00 PM

Oct 2013
Acxelion said:
Well, Shuu wasn't that surprising. In all honesty, I thought by how he is a Gourmet he tweaks the human food he obtains. I wasn't expecting him to be a cannibalistic ring leader. Honestly, his actions aren't funny in my opinion, but more interesting. Also, it feels weird listening to him because of the VA. I can't help but think its Takuto, from Star Driver, or Yogi, from Karneval, who is smelling that hanky.

Also, it is nice to learn about the one-eye ghoul thing. Its really interesting. Also, I know that everyone has been complaining about this arc thing, and its gotten my curious. How far are the English translations for this anime's manga? Or light-novel is it doesn't have a manga.

It has a manga in Weekly Young Jump, a seinen manga of Jump. The translation is already at chapter 90.
Jul 24, 2014 3:00 PM

Mar 2013
yangnisa said:
... I think I better start reading the manga now.

Yeah... Most of us are starting to get worried ...
Jul 24, 2014 3:07 PM

Feb 2014
Duri1n said:
That was.. slightly disappointing...

I feel like a lot of character interactions are missing... there wasnt very much buildup to the final trap scene. This is kinda unfortunate... frm the comments, Kaneki wasnt even supposed to be as naive as he seems to be in the anime, which sucks... I really wished they didn't rush things.... As a non-manga reader, even i can tell several scenes seem to be missing... the fact that it took so little time for Kaneki to fall in to trap makes me see Kaneki in a bad light... had they taken their time, I would've understood why Kaneki might've fallen under the charm of the gourmet. But in the anime, it took a grand total of 2 meetings -_-... jeez...

Animation quality kinda dropped in this episode. Was not impressed by the Taro chasing Kaneki part... and the censoring when Gourmet tore Taro apart was just... awfull.... like, really horrible...

Damn... and the story seemed so interesting. Judging from the comments, a lot of things about ghouls could've been explained and explored in this arc. About how they're curious about human tastes, how they try to understand how different ingredients and seasoning tastes. How desperate some of them are to taste what humans taste... but, since they rushed it, I didn't really understand what was going on until I came onto the forums...

It's really too bad... I hope later episodes dont suffer frm this rushed pacing. I also hope they'll use the scenes they cut out in the next episode? But honestly, some damage was already done when they let Kaneki fall into the trap so fast in this episode, imo
Yeah man, some things that the anime didn't show:
And other few things that I don't recall now.

This anime dropped from 9 to 5 score (imo) since I started watching it. It's way too fast! This way there wont be any character development at all :/

Though the manga is pretty good.

Apr 2012
i thought he was gonna rape him not eat him

was hoping Kaneki was gonna tear all those ghouls limb from limb
Sep 2013
Tsukiyama is total creep. Kaneki should of been more on his guard from the start. At least he made it out alive but Touka even warned him to be weary. Poor Touka cant eat any human food was sad.
Jul 24, 2014 3:08 PM

Nov 2013
Tsukiyama reminds me of Hisoka

Jul 24, 2014 3:09 PM

Feb 2014
CrimsonMoon56 said:
( but of course I will read untill the chapter where anime leaves off ).
Don't do this, you'll miss a lot of things.

Jared3318 said:
I thought that I was the only that thought like this. It would be awesome if it was the same voice actor XD
Jul 24, 2014 3:13 PM

Oct 2013
As a manga reader this adaption is turning out to be a mess. This series has drop from a 8 to a 7 imo. I'm still enjoying it, but they're skipping way too much even if they're re arranging scenes, this adaption will still be rushed, it's also looking like this series will be 12-13 episode.
Jul 24, 2014 3:27 PM

Mar 2013
jiyoan said:
CrimsonMoon56 said:
( but of course I will read untill the chapter where anime leaves off ).

Jared3318 said:
I thought that I was the only that thought like this. It would be awesome if it was the same voice actor XD

But I just want to read the chapters about this season.( to be able to see what I'd miss) And I will wait for the second season with hope...
Jul 24, 2014 3:30 PM
Oct 2010
Is that dude supposed to be an eccentric or a homosexual?
Jul 24, 2014 3:34 PM

Jun 2014
After marathoning the manga (it's fucking amazing) I decided to try the anime out again despite saying I'd wait for the uncensored version. All I have to say is: Terrible and convoluted shitstain of an adaptation. Dropped.

The only good thing about this adaptation is the OST. That's it.
Jul 24, 2014 3:35 PM

Oct 2013
CrimsonMoon56 said:
jiyoan said:

But I just want to read the chapters about this season.( to be able to see what I'd miss) And I will wait for the second season with hope...

This anime adaption was just to boost manga sales. Don't hold your breath for a season 2. Just saying.
Jul 24, 2014 3:38 PM

Jun 2014
I read somewhere that Episode 6 is when
Jul 24, 2014 3:40 PM

Apr 2014
Am I the only that has a bad taste in his mouth about one Single detail that was left off?
Like the Mother ghoul Mistaking her Human baby in her Womb and her Body would eat it Mistaking it for Food/Nutrients.
Also where's the Other people who were supposed to be eaten alongside with Kaneki?
That was intense when those same people who Kaneki tried to protect Thrown him to the Butcherer to Save themselves.That was interesting because we got to see how Disgusting sides of human.
Also I'm not particularly amused with "Switching" around Arcs.I would have enjoyed The other Ghoul viewers Yelling"Is that Eye patch,The one who Fought and Defeated the dove?!" but that's just me.
Don't give me Sh- about Arranging events to suit the pacing,How is that different because they're Still gonna show everything but in a Different order of events?

They'd better not Butcher Chapter 60-80 Because that's the Most important Character development for Kaneki and I hope they don't pull Some Shennannigans and Mess with the order and ruin it.

Jul 24, 2014 3:43 PM

Apr 2014
I haven't read the manga so I have nothing to complain about.
Great episode, as always.
I want to see more badass Kaneki!
Jul 24, 2014 3:44 PM
Sep 2008
Just started watching Tokyo Ghoul and am doing weekly video reviews for each episode. Please check them out if you have time :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI7nLSxVo1E&feature=youtu.be

I've been noticing lots of manga fans pointing things skipped over in the anime. Lots of those details are actually quite interesting and I'm sure they would have helped the anime. At the same time from an anime only perspective I've been enjoying it quite a bit and all seems to pretty much make sense so far.....(beyond them just randomly being at the mansion and Kenkei...showering?)
Jul 24, 2014 3:45 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, the Gourmet was really hilarious somehow. The way he tried to be subtle but was always going crazy.

Ken, you fell for such an easy trap... Also, WHY DON'T YOU USE YOUR DAMN KAGUNE?!

The trio with Uta, Itori and Yomo is cool. I would like to see more of them. Also, is it me or Itori somehow implied that she was one-eyed..?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 24, 2014 3:48 PM

Oct 2013
This series a seinen series, so I don't understand the colour change in the blood? Isn't this series air in late night? attack on titan and hunter x hunter are both shounen but it doesn't censor stuff this badly?
Jul 24, 2014 3:51 PM

Apr 2011
That guy was creepy nuff said.
Jul 24, 2014 4:00 PM

Jun 2013
So I'm not going to get to see Uta's reaction walking in on Touka and Kaneki after they finished training...sigh.

Very awful episode, just painful to watch, I was trying to treat this as a stand alone series and was trying not to compare it to the manga all the time but damn, this is just too much.

Why is Kaneki so stupid in the anime?

Well at-least they got Tsukiyama's character right!
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

319 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 6, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

859 by WarlockGames17 »»
Feb 2, 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.