Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 25, 2014 1:44 PM

May 2014
link9us said:
What you don't like something called "story"? Every shonen doesn't have to always follow the basic traditional battle formula.
Yeah, but it doesn't need to be flashbacks half the time for tragic backstories. I really hope Kishi learns from this and stops abusing them like nobody's business.
Jul 26, 2014 9:41 AM

Feb 2011
CRS CRIES CRIES, NUUUHH ;_;
Jul 26, 2014 10:29 AM

Jul 2007
T3hSource said:
link9us said:
What you don't like something called "story"? Every shonen doesn't have to always follow the basic traditional battle formula.
Yeah, but it doesn't need to be flashbacks half the time for tragic backstories. I really hope Kishi learns from this and stops abusing them like nobody's business.

Yeah? Well look at bleach, it may have straightforward action and awesome battles, but it lacks substance or any kind of depth to its characters because there isn't enough back-story or development. I am sorry but i prefer plot progression and story over action and battles. Masashi Kishimoto at least knows hows how to give depth to his characters and substance to his story.
ArtimesGamerJul 26, 2014 10:59 AM

Jul 26, 2014 6:59 PM
Jul 2014
I hate Tobirama!

Half of this episode was flashbacks of the lasts episodes. But, still, I like the history between the Uchihas and the Senjuus.

Go Sasuke, Go!!

Jul 26, 2014 11:18 PM

May 2013
Great episode! I loved the OST's during this episode. I found the pacing to be perfect, I'm enjoying the anime's adaption of the Madara/Hashirama flashback. This was a great episode. Next week's episode will be a huge one! I can't wait for next weeks, it's gonna be huge.

Jul 28, 2014 6:51 AM
Mar 2013
The beginning of the episode was awesome.Madara and Hashirama are still goofing off even after all those years. That’s some real friendship ^^

I’m not 100% clear on Madara’s sudden change of heart. I feel like it was't explained that well in the animation. Considering I don't read the manga can anyone provide a more concrete answer?

P.S. How dare they end the episode on nearly the same cliff-hanger as a few episodes ago! That is just unacceptable!
Jul 30, 2014 7:56 AM
Jul 2014
what is the ost playing in episode 369?
Jul 30, 2014 1:29 PM

Apr 2009
PrimeX said:
All Shippuden fans love flashbacks so they put flashbacks in the flashback so we can watch flashbacks while we watch a flashback. Great job.

This. God damn flashback-ception. There's nothing wrong with flashbacks if we haven't seen them before, but literally repeating flashbacks from 1 or 2 episodes ago is ridiculous. I'm used to it because this is Naruto, but it's tiresome to go through this type of storytelling.
Jul 30, 2014 11:32 PM

Jan 2012
but more importantly, snake-kun did the preview
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jul 31, 2014 2:31 AM

Oct 2009
Fking Tobirama! It's all his fault! While I understand Madara's reasoning for attacking Konoha, it wasn't shown well..
Jul 31, 2014 5:37 AM
Dec 2011
so tobirama said lets go diplomatic which is great but he shouldn't have said that uchihas didn't like madara or the village don't like him that was the moment madara started to hate reality also tobirama started to see madara as a okay person but still didn't trust him that much as i said time is needed to know someone.tobirama shouldn't have said no body like maradara one conversation can change a lot.

he couldn't stay there because only hashirama trusted him no one else. madara getting mad is reasonable he cant be part of is dream or with his best friend or the clan he sacrificed everything for because everyone turned their backs to him but as hashirama said if madara just gave some time to the villagers they would have accepted him like they did with Naruto.

no buddies fault here if they gave some time everything would have been okay. talking about villagers its normal to doubt someone with so much power. but as hashirama said madara is too kind of a man the thought of his own village his own clan not trusting was just too much pain for him to handle so he found a new dream where there is no pain :3 pain was too great to giving it time to heal :3
Jul 31, 2014 6:23 PM

Feb 2014
lakshika said:
so tobirama said lets go diplomatic which is great but he shouldn't have said that uchihas didn't like madara or the village don't like him that was the moment madara started to hate reality also tobirama started to see madara as a okay person but still didn't trust him that much as i said time is needed to know someone.tobirama shouldn't have said no body like maradara one conversation can change a lot.

he couldn't stay there because only hashirama trusted him no one else. madara getting mad is reasonable he cant be part of is dream or with his best friend or the clan he sacrificed everything for because everyone turned their backs to him but as hashirama said if madara just gave some time to the villagers they would have accepted him like they did with Naruto.

no buddies fault here if they gave some time everything would have been okay. talking about villagers its normal to doubt someone with so much power. but as hashirama said madara is too kind of a man the thought of his own village his own clan not trusting was just too much pain for him to handle so he found a new dream where there is no pain :3 pain was too great to giving it time to heal :3

Yeah, Tobirama was a bit too extreme, he assertive but he should know the Uchiha are frail at heart, talking like that didn't bring any good.

Unfortunately, Danzo take it to another level of extreme.
Aug 1, 2014 2:13 AM

Jul 2008
Segneal said:
so basically, madara is an emo like sasuke

Its an Uchiha trait...

And if it wasn't this incident with Tobirama then it would have been something else. Guys like him and Danzo just screw things up.
Aug 2, 2014 1:45 PM

Mar 2010
I'm quite surprised Hashirama could out wit Madara.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 4, 2014 1:04 PM

Jan 2014
What the fuck?

So this entire flashback: Madara and Hashi's filler brothers, an telling us stuff we already know, Madara left because.... Fuck it.
They didn't even try to make it as if he felt left out or hated... He just left.
I'm glad they are trying to have a 'story' by adding these flashbacks, not so glad with how shitty the character arcs are so far.

What is his dream of the far future? Tsuki-you-what? So why did he want to achieve said dream? I ain't buying his justification of quiet conflict bullshit, and he doesn't even have a dead crush.

But I don't know why people complain about animation, episode had no need for sakuga.
GrunbeldAug 4, 2014 1:07 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2014 4:55 PM

Jan 2014
Sasuke: "I'll... Tune in again.. " lol
Aug 7, 2014 10:42 AM

Nov 2010
Too bad the flashbacks kicked in again, the rest of the content was great
Madara's distrust is solid, when Hashirama appoints him to be the first Hokage and ends up being it himself it's something hard to digest
It's also nice to know this leader system was created by them first and spread out and adopted by other nations

So the ninetails was used by Madara twice to attack Konoha
Aug 7, 2014 4:12 PM

May 2014
The beginning of the episode seemed a bit dragged out. I don't think it was necessary to include flashbacks within a flashback too often. Recycling scenes can have a good effect, but they did it way too often.
Last few episodes were much better.
Aug 12, 2014 11:24 AM

May 2013
why did they put flashbacks in the flashbacks. i just dont get it.
and madaras really stupid. he left just cuz of tobirama? thats lame
Sep 2, 2014 8:10 AM

Jan 2014
The nine-tails can't seem to catch a break. Must be Madara's favourite pet.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 16, 2014 6:27 AM

Jun 2011
Madara had a nice smile.. Seems like the flashback is coming to an end by the next episode.

That ED.. it still sucks so much.. -.-

Edit: Flashback within flashback sucks major ass.
ToG25thBaamSep 16, 2014 6:31 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 3, 2014 2:50 AM

Mar 2014
So Madara named Konoha. Interesting.

I loved his smirk hehe :)
Dec 21, 2014 6:12 AM
May 2012
Madara really should have been the one who became 1st Hokage. I mean, he is the one who even named the Hidden Leaf.......or at least, even 2nd Hokage. Hashirama isn't wrong, it's just.....it's just that Tobirama is one distrustful fuck. He is like Danzou in a way. Madara was happy. I now understand him and even sympathize with him. Fuck that shit.
Dec 26, 2014 6:30 AM

Jan 2012
Nice budha Gomu no attack

Apr 19, 2015 4:21 AM
Feb 2011
So basically Madara was misunderstood and the villagers, even his own clan, were ungratefull for the fact that he tried to change to his original self and that the village was his dream too. All because he had a scary face from too much war.

Assholes, the lot of them. Then, the descendants of those same damn people do the same fucking thing to the Yondaime's son. Bump that, I'd destroy the village too, if I put aside the hatred for my brother's death to make a more peaceful world, and nobody fucking cared. Actually, worse, they treated him like he was wrong for feeling the way he felt. Fuck Tobirama too.

I guess Danzou inherited the Nidaime's will, huh? Fucking assholes.

ShojoSamurai said:
brandis said:
Meh. Shippuden remains a 5/10 for me. I just can't stand how they throw around the quality and filler.

tsudecimo said:
I think people who think this is filler are watching Naruto as background noise or something....

lol, I like how you keep quoting that, good job. d(o-o)b

ShojoSamurai said:
NoobHunterD said:
but more importantly, snake-kun did the preview

I know, right?
Feb 13, 2016 8:54 AM

Feb 2011
Flashback inside a flashback
Feb 28, 2016 5:01 AM
Feb 2016
it is on episode 369 at 8:03 minute, where hashirama and madder talking. thank u guys so much!!
Sep 23, 2016 10:12 AM

Sep 2014
And the friendship broke again and they became enemy *sigh* also too much recap
Mar 30, 2017 11:40 PM

Dec 2012
Focking Tobirama. smh
Madara was right. He should have told Hashirama to kill Tobirama. Tobirama sowed the seeds to the extinction of the Uchiha's.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 12, 2017 1:38 PM

May 2013
Hashirama advertising Target on his forehead xD
Feb 11, 2018 11:52 PM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Hashirama didn´t want to lose those that he built, and Madara has his doubts, but Madara is a mistake, he need change all from inside and not from outside!!!
Aug 25, 2019 4:07 PM

May 2015
Why are all Uchiha unstable fucks?
Madara you freaking edgelord

Hashirama and Madara were so happy together. I wonder if Sasuke will do the same after he reconciliates with Naruto.
Imagine him turning edgy again in Boruto.
Sep 6, 2019 7:17 AM

Mar 2015
Yikes Tobirama is a lot more Danzo than Hiruzen!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 21, 2020 12:47 PM

Jan 2020
The ending scene where theyre going against each other with the sage mode and mangekyo goes hard
Mar 25, 2021 5:28 PM

Dec 2007
funny, we got flashback in the flashback itself, why they couldn't just ended the battle here instead those flashback?
still good episode though.

i'm kinda wondering if madaara betrayal is because of tobirama suspicion, since madaara pointed that out, or it really is something in uchia blood. i find it would be the latter, but tobirama suspicion pushed it so he won't need any excuses.
May 14, 2021 11:25 AM

Jun 2019
And here we see that Danzo is a descendant of Tobirama. Tobirama sowed the seed of hatred, and Danzo reaped it. Give the Uchiha clan a break! Throughout the entire series, all they've done is suffer.

I've always wondered what would have happened if Madara became the first Hokage. I feel like things would have turned out different. Your main villain would be Tobirama.
"To keep enduring, no matter what, until things come to pass...perhaps that's what it means to be a ninja." - Uchiha Sasuke
May 18, 2021 11:36 AM

Mar 2019
Weird move to use a long flashback for something that you've just shown 2 episodes ago, but amazing episode nonetheless.

I love Madara so much more now even though I liked him before as well, but this shows how he isn't your boring and generic villain. He has his reasons, and I fully understand him, but still, you could have still stayed with Tobirama. On the other hand, I don't understand Tobirama. Both of them should have been the leaders, I don't understand why not. It was obvious that this would lead to something bad. No one could have stopped both of them, that's how powerful they where. So either let both rule the village or leave the alliance with the fire.
Alex_TheForestMay 18, 2021 11:41 AM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 1, 2021 6:10 AM

Feb 2021
Wow Madara was the one who named the village.

Aug 9, 2022 6:45 AM
Apr 2020
darpanjain420 said:
what is the ost playing in episode 369?

Scarlet letter, during that last battle between Hashirama and Madara.
Aug 9, 2022 6:49 AM
Apr 2020
I came after crunchy roll post that battle, we all watch in awe how ridiculous Hashirama power is, that huge statue grab Kurama like a kitten. In fact it was responsible for Valley of the end.
Jul 16, 2023 3:40 PM
Jun 2023
Not bad. Madara seemed to change quickly though at the end. They showed one girl scared of him, but I'm assuming most of the village treated him poorly. Tobirama probably helped the gossip spread. They could have shown us more.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 484 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2016

79 by Vysarine »»
Apr 13, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Itachi is a messed up character and doesn't deserve the fan love

Decader - Dec 11, 2023

41 by IAmOdie »»
Apr 13, 12:44 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shotta77 - Oct 30, 2008

102 by a_polani »»
Apr 11, 3:50 AM

» Any Recommendations?

Proman9710 - Oct 5, 2021

49 by Proman9710 »»
Apr 10, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 20 Discussion

jobocan - Jul 19, 2007

41 by drzod1k_lilla »»
Apr 10, 6:27 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.