Forum Settings
Forums

Anime List Wallpaper Dimension Ratio?

New
Jul 23, 2014 6:20 PM
Feb 2013
Would anyone know what the pixel width-to-height ratio is please? Like, if the wallpaper image were scaled via coding or something, so as to match any computer viewing my list, what would be the dimensions needed so as there wouldn't be any cropping or stretching?
Jul 23, 2014 6:45 PM

Feb 2013
http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_background-size.asp

I think this is what you want:
background-size: contain;

I used "cover" on mine.
Jul 23, 2014 7:17 PM
Feb 2013
BurntJelly said:
http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_background-size.asp

I think this is what you want:

I used "cover" on mine.

Rather than that, I mean, what dimensions should the image be so that when it fills the page, it doesn't get cropped off?
Jul 23, 2014 11:47 PM

Mar 2013
Mafiacow said:
Would anyone know what the pixel width-to-height ratio is please? Like, if the wallpaper image were scaled via coding or something, so as to match any computer viewing my list, what would be the dimensions needed so as there wouldn't be any cropping or stretching?

It truly depends on each person's screen and their dimensions. You cannot expect a wallpaper to fit 100% on everyone's screen without stretching it and/or cutting the sides. That is because some monitors have a bigger while some smaller width x height ratio.

Still, if it's a wallpaper set that synchronizes with the user's display, I always suggest the use of 1920x1200 images. 1920x1080 could do the trick as well, but I encourage the use of full wallpapers.
Jul 24, 2014 12:06 AM

Oct 2009
Mafiacow said:
Rather than that, I mean, what dimensions should the image be so that when it fills the page, it doesn't get cropped off?

What is your screen size?
Jul 24, 2014 1:09 AM
Jul 2013
No crop background images:

background-size: 100% 100%;

Keep in mind that if you're gong to use big wallpapers, the smaller the screen the more time it will take to load and resized for them.
Jul 24, 2014 5:01 AM
Feb 2013
Ah, okay, thanks guys. I think I'll just set normal dimensioned wallpapers and go "contain". I can set it to crop it to the centre of the screen, right?
Sep 24, 2019 4:06 PM

May 2017
I'm trying the "contain" thing and it's still cropping the bottom of my wallpaper for some reason. Anybody know why?
Sep 25, 2019 1:31 AM

Feb 2010
SadSceneryBoi said:
I'm trying the "contain" thing and it's still cropping the bottom of my wallpaper for some reason. Anybody know why?

try this instead

body{ background-position: bottom center !important;
background-size: cover !important;}
Sep 25, 2019 3:57 PM

May 2017
Shishio-kun said:
SadSceneryBoi said:

try this instead

Thanks for the help, but I tried that and it still didn't work :/

For quick reference, the wallpaper looks complete in the preview, but when I actually go to my list the bottom is cropped and the rest gets zoomed in, which is super irritating. Here's the imgur links comparing them: https://imgur.com/a/MejIqj3
Sep 25, 2019 5:04 PM

Feb 2010
SadSceneryBoi said:
Shishio-kun said:

try this instead

For quick reference, the wallpaper looks complete in the preview, but when I actually go to my list the bottom is cropped and the rest gets zoomed in, which is super irritating. Here's the imgur links comparing them: https://imgur.com/a/MejIqj3

The codes should be at the bottom of your CSS; it looks like the codes were pasted incorrectly into the layout code and causing a couple issues. So paste them to the bottom and try to save again.
Shishio-kunSep 25, 2019 5:07 PM
Sep 25, 2019 8:10 PM

May 2017
Shishio-kun said:
SadSceneryBoi said:

The codes should be at the bottom of your CSS; it looks like the codes were pasted incorrectly into the layout code and causing a couple issues. So paste them to the bottom and try to save again.

Holy shit dude it worked! Thanks so much, really appreciate it!

Edit: Actually now it's cropping the top of it off for some reason.
Sep 26, 2019 1:04 AM

Feb 2010
SadSceneryBoi said:
Shishio-kun said:

Yeah it's got unique dimensions so it's going to be hard to position on a standard screen.

You could use

body{
background-position: bottom center;
background-size: 91% !important;
}

and this could crop it within the screen, but there will be edges on the sides for 1920 resolutions.

There might be a code to squeeze it into view completely but I think it would distort the image

btw I think you can add
@\import "https://malscraper.azurewebsites.net/covers/auto/presets/dataimagelinkbefore";

to the top of your CSS and get your preview pics back
Shishio-kunSep 26, 2019 1:08 AM
Oct 7, 2019 4:14 PM

May 2017
Shishio-kun said:
SadSceneryBoi said:

Yeah it's got unique dimensions so it's going to be hard to position on a standard screen.

You could use

body{
}

and this could crop it within the screen, but there will be edges on the sides for 1920 resolutions.

There might be a code to squeeze it into view completely but I think it would distort the image

btw I think you can add
@\import "https://malscraper.azurewebsites.net/covers/auto/presets/dataimagelinkbefore";

Sorry, forgot to mention this, but I just want to thank you. It worked. Sadly I can't get the full image to expand for any of them, but I can change whether the top, bottom, or a little of both is cropped off for each wallpaper depending on whichever looks the best, and I've done so. Thanks!
Oct 11, 2019 2:46 PM

Feb 2010
SadSceneryBoi said:
Shishio-kun said:

You could use

body{
}

btw I think you can add

Sorry, forgot to mention this, but I just want to thank you. It worked. Sadly I can't get the full image to expand for any of them, but I can change whether the top, bottom, or a little of both is cropped off for each wallpaper depending on whichever looks the best, and I've done so. Thanks!

Great! :D

More topics from this board

» MAL Export

Devileeee - Sep 25, 2023

3 by zororo12 »»
Yesterday, 3:52 AM

» Problem with API OAuth2 Authentication Login

bidgetfoss_4000 - Yesterday

0 by bidgetfoss_4000 »»
Yesterday, 3:44 AM

» Question about parental consent

AverageRiceFan - Apr 16

1 by CareBear »»
Yesterday, 2:55 AM

» On my profile I got the wrong number of total episodes/total time

GamiKhan - Apr 22

2 by GamiKhan »»
Apr 22, 2:58 PM

Sticky: » Advertisement Complaint Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - May 22, 2016

464 by traed »»
Apr 22, 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.