Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 23, 2014 6:31 AM

Apr 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I knew it was saiyu.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Jul 23, 2014 8:18 AM

May 2013
So Saiyuu is the mole among the zodiacs. Kurapika's power is pretty cool.
Jul 23, 2014 8:29 AM

Sep 2013
Monkey trouble.
Jul 23, 2014 8:34 AM
Jun 2014
Somehow this was way to easy to find out??? I don´t trust Togashi, he must have something up his sleeve!!!
Curious about the reaction of saiyu in the next chapter!!!!
If he will tell them or not? BTW awesome speech from Mizai; like his character!

All the princes are f**ked up inthe head, but I love the idea of becoming the new king. WOW Togashi never ceases to amaze me; I smell trouble coming!!!

BTW NO new chapter next week!!!!!!
I can´t wait two weeks :( :( :( :(
Jul 23, 2014 8:37 AM

Aug 2010
I wouldn't mind if it's the monkey since I don't really care about him at all either way (Not that I care about most of the Zodiacs lol) But I'm also thinking this is too easy.

Kurapika is so BA ^^ Loving his role in this arc so far.

And man is this prince crazy O_o! I really expected him to be fodder at the start but from what I'm seeing, Togashi has some plans for him.
Jul 23, 2014 8:51 AM

May 2013
Classic HxH awesomeness, no action yet entertaining as hell!!

So the 7 princes of Kakin and their soldiers are going to have a battle to determine who will be the next King. While Kurapika will be hunting the 4th prince and helping out the Zodiacs where he can. God I missed Kurapika, he is for the most part in control when he is in an arc and is always 10 steps ahead of everybody <3

Speaking of the 4th prince, was he watching a video of a woman getting skinned?! Sick mofo!!

I'm liking Mizai more and more but I can shake the feeling that he is also working with Beyonds crew. I'm sure that there is another mole in the organization...Togashi taking a week break is fine with me, he has been putting out good/amazing chapters so far and the art looks better than ever. I just need to entertain myself with something els I guess.

5/5
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jul 23, 2014 9:21 AM

Sep 2011
Awesome chapter as usual, fist time I've ever seen a guy placing a lion in a choke hold lol.

Kurapika's was great, I really thought it was Mizaistrom but I guess I was wrong. Never expected it to be the monkey guy, pretty interesting.

The 4th prince is a sadistic scumbag, can't wait to see what they will do once they are all on the Black Whale.
Jul 23, 2014 10:00 AM

Dec 2011
So Saiyuu was the mole... or the rat (hurrhurr). I guess that makes sense. All the really vocal Pariston opposers were suspicious, imo.

Kurapika is so cool.

The 4th Kakin prince has issues far, far worse than Hisoka or Illumi.
Interested to see what the princes have planned for the association and the trip.
Jul 23, 2014 10:03 AM

Nov 2011
Idk why but I kinda like that lion guy. Kurapika's role in this arc should be interesting. I don't really care about that guy in the end of this chapter tbh. I barely even noticed him throughout this arc.
Jul 23, 2014 10:24 AM

Oct 2009
I have a feeling Mizai is trolling us with his power, it s like when biscuit showed off her summoned girl assistant to Killua. It's the tree trying to hide the forest.

I knew it all along that monkey was sketchy. Cannot trust monkeys and here is why:

http://i12.mangapanda.com/hunter-x-hunter/8/hunter-x-hunter-1638697.jpg
Jul 23, 2014 10:34 AM

Apr 2009
More subplots, more characters, more progression, more exposition.
I love you, Togashi. Keep up the quality and this will surpass Yorkshin as the best HxH arc!
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 23, 2014 10:56 AM

Oct 2011
Is it just me or does the boat seem to getting awfully crowded? If things continue going this way, this arc might be longer than the CA arc. That's not a bad thing but it's Togashi. Then again, his art hasn't been this good in ages so it seems that he's finally starting to take this seriously. Nevertheless, that was a pretty interesting chapter. I don't normally like wordy mangas but HxH seems to draw me in somehow.
CheesekaoJul 23, 2014 10:59 AM
Jul 23, 2014 11:03 AM

Feb 2014
That seemed to easy to find out, i think that Saiyuu may not be working for Beyond but maybe other person? Idk things are always changing we can trully trust Togashi x)

On the side, Kurapika's ability is pretty cool! :)

Too bad we have to wait two weeks for the next chapter...

Jul 23, 2014 11:03 AM

Jul 2010
Gotta love this manga.

The political thing between the Zodiacs is really interesting and it's seems like they will generate some good stories. This political atmosphere is not something you see much in Jump, much less in a shounen manga. Though, at this point, can we still consider HxH as shounen?
Jul 23, 2014 11:08 AM

Apr 2009
Cheesekao said:
Is it just me or does the boat seem to getting awfully crowded? If things continue going this way, this arc might be longer than the CA arc.

I don't know about you, but if I can get an arc as long as CA filled with great adventure on par with OP's Skypeia, Ging, Pariston, Leorio, Kurapica, Election arc politics and Yorkshin quality writing I will certainly not complain, On the contrary, it might be the best HxH arc then.
Jul 23, 2014 11:19 AM

Feb 2014
Geinrendour said:
Gotta love this manga.

The political thing between the Zodiacs is really interesting and it's seems like they will generate some good stories. This political atmosphere is not something you see much in Jump, much less in a shounen manga. Though, at this point, can we still consider HxH as shounen?

Mainly because it's published on shonen magazine.

Kurapika so rock. Leorio nowhere to be seen, though.

I think it's too easy to found the traitor, there must be something more to it. Or Saiyu just acted like his character that is a monkey? like to pull a prank and cause a trouble?

So once again a (mostly) non-battle oriented ability, huh. Mizai's ability revolves around court stuff. lol it suit him. But i think he must be hiding something more.
Jul 23, 2014 11:43 AM

May 2013
Saiyu!

Shocking truth!
Jul 23, 2014 11:49 AM
Feb 2010
I'm impressed how Kurapika can maintain red eyes Emperor Time long enough to screen out every single Hunter applicant without getting fatigued. Maybe he's using the Kurta clan eyedrops? http://puu.sh/anXSs/e8dd54b9f9.jpg

Benjamin (First Prince) is pride, and Tyson (Sixth Prince) is envy because they were referred as hubris & jealousy by Tserriednich. Luzurus (Seventh Prince) is probably sloth since he was called a moron. Tserriednich is most likely wrath or greed.

Also the memory erasing person is on Prince Tserriednich team. Notice the progression of the panels right after Mizai said, is that even possible? Followed by the fact that 5 of Tserriednich's bodyguards manage to pass the hunter exam that even Beyond's team could not. And when Tatya was saying how they'd be monitored with tools and machines to screen out liars, Prince Tserriednich said it's not a problem.
NicevilJul 23, 2014 1:00 PM
Jul 23, 2014 12:07 PM

Feb 2014
Nicevil said:
I'm impressed how Kurapika can maintain red eyes Emperor Time long enough to screen out every single Hunter applicant without getting fatigued. Maybe he's using the Kurta clan eyedrops? http://puu.sh/anXSs/e8dd54b9f9.jpg

Benjamin (First Prince) is pride, and Tyson (Sixth Prince) is envy because they were referred as hubris & jealousy by Tserriednich. Luzurus (Seventh Prince) is probably sloth since he was called a moron. Tserriednich is most likely greed.

Also the memory erasing person is on Prince Tserriednich team. Notice the progression of the panels right after Mizai said, is that even possible? Followed by the fact that 5 of Tserriednich's bodyguards manage to pass the hunter exam that even Beyond's team could not. And when Tatya was saying how they'd be monitored with tools and machines to screen out liars, Prince Tserriednich said it's not a problem.

That's nice observation. Damn i missed that memory erasing one.
Jul 23, 2014 12:38 PM

Sep 2013
Cow may still be a traitor, he's a crime hunter so he knows about all the lies and how to pass them and he knows kurapika's ability, he might be outing Monkey to divert attention from himself.

The whole Kakin prince thing is amazing BB looks fierce.

IS THAT A SPIDER TATTOO!!!? OMG NEW MEMBER

Jul 23, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 2007
So the traitor with in the zodiacs has finally be unveiled as Saiyuu.

Jul 23, 2014 1:14 PM

Apr 2014
Man, I forgot how much I loved Kurapika's character.
Jul 23, 2014 1:32 PM

Sep 2013
ichii_1 said:

Wow good observation, the image is a bit fuzzy but the markings on the guys back does seem to resemble a spider.

Of course the mole just had to be my eastern zodiac :( the cow still seems a bit suspicious though.
Jul 23, 2014 1:55 PM

Mar 2013
Really curious to see where the story with the Princes is going. Looks like this arc is going to be full of psychological battles between individuals and groups, kind of stoked for it.
Jul 23, 2014 2:34 PM

Apr 2009
Remember the tale of the rat and the ox in Eastern mythology? The reveal of the mole was faaaar too simple...
Jul 23, 2014 2:39 PM
Jan 2012
ichii_1 said:
Cow may still be a traitor, he's a crime hunter so he knows about all the lies and how to pass them and he knows kurapika's ability, he might be outing Monkey to divert attention from himself.

spider? I don't think that it's a spider, it looks like a random woman and it seems like he is butchering her

and I also think that the cow is the real traitor
Jul 23, 2014 2:58 PM

Jul 2012
tabar said:
Somehow this was way to easy to find out??? I don´t trust Togashi, he must have something up his sleeve!!!
Curious about the reaction of saiyu in the next chapter!!!!
If he will tell them or not? BTW awesome speech from Mizai; like his character!

All the princes are f**ked up inthe head, but I love the idea of becoming the new king. WOW Togashi never ceases to amaze me; I smell trouble coming!!!

BTW NO new chapter next week!!!!!!
I can´t wait two weeks :( :( :( :(

next two weeks since theres a jump break the following week
Cty Best mid
Jul 23, 2014 3:01 PM

Jul 2012
MatijaxD said:
ichii_1 said:

spider? I don't think that it's a spider, it looks like a random woman and it seems like he is butchering her

and I also think that the cow is the real traitor

thats a spider
Cty Best mid
Jul 23, 2014 3:04 PM

May 2011
ichii_1 said:

Really looks like a spider... but it seems more that someone is pulling off a woman's skin. Bizarre, damn, this prince! Very sadistic.

Mizai is so intelligent, he matches with Kurapika. XD (where was Leorio in this chapter? :/ ... )

2 weeks break T-T

Jul 23, 2014 3:28 PM

Jan 2009
so its the monkey lol, and damn hiatus x hiatus again for a week
Jul 23, 2014 4:01 PM

Oct 2009
j0x said:
so its the monkey lol, and damn hiatus x hiatus again for a week

Please don't say the 'h' word, I am still recovering from it.
Jul 23, 2014 4:50 PM

Oct 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
Cheesekao said:
Is it just me or does the boat seem to getting awfully crowded? If things continue going this way, this arc might be longer than the CA arc.

I don't know about you, but if I can get an arc as long as CA filled with great adventure on par with OP's Skypeia, Ging, Pariston, Leorio, Kurapica, Election arc politics and Yorkshin quality writing I will certainly not complain, On the contrary, it might be the best HxH arc then.

Well I definitely wouldn't complain if it's a good arc but CA took like 5 years or something to complete. Being a HxH fan is suffering.
Jul 23, 2014 5:52 PM

Jun 2012
SO MUCH TEXT
Jul 23, 2014 6:04 PM

Sep 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Remember the tale of the rat and the ox in Eastern mythology? The reveal of the mole was faaaar too simple...

Maybe monkey was just a distraction, hearing kurapika explanation about his "lie detection" ability,how to counter it and how it should've been used to make junde/muherr pass (if they had a counter-measure) makes me think that there is a whole separate group working independently for beyond.
Jul 23, 2014 6:09 PM

Feb 2013
Thank Togashi it's not Piyon
Jul 23, 2014 6:20 PM

Mar 2014
I'd rather have a break every month than a straight year long hiatus.
Jul 23, 2014 7:00 PM
Jul 2013
annie_leonheart said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Maybe monkey was just a distraction, hearing kurapika explanation about his "lie detection" ability,how to counter it and how it should've been used to make junde/muherr pass (if they had a counter-measure) makes me think that there is a whole separate group working independently for beyond.

This is interesting, Nidhoeggr that it's going to play out like the classic tale. While it's clearly plausible, I don't think it's gonna just play out like that because of Togashi. Mangakas have got to put a twist on everything, or else predictability plagues their work. Togashi is above both your average and not so average mangaka, so he must have something else up in his sleeves. But the inspirations from the tale are clear though, so some possible plot points could be deducted from the tale.

In the tale, the ox and the rat work together because the ox was a honest but gullible person (I doubt Mizaistrom is of this caliber of a person, giving his hunting specialty). But if things play out like that and Mizaistrom is the mole, I think these might be possible plot points/scenarios:

- Rat jumps out in the nick of time to cross the finish line first, which could be a possible plot point (Pariston betrays Mizaistrom).

- The rat could be referring to Kurapika: Working together with Mizaistrom, only to turn on his back and deduce him as the mole. (A bit far fetched.)

Also, from the classic tale, there is an existence of the cat, who isn't a replacement for the bunny as in some version of the tale. The cat was supposed to go with the rat to the Jade Emperor, but the rat, whether intentionally or not, left the cat and raced off. The cat didn't make it, and thus swore to always hunt the rat. Again, really really far-fetched, but a possible zodiac-related character hinted?

Then again, Saccho's last name is identical to a general who betrayed his army in Japan history, so yeah.

-----------------

And I think the woman is getting a spider tattoo. The woman didn't scream during the treatment. And while she could be dead already, pay attention to the sound effect: Bzzzzzzzzzz.

Sounds like what a tattoo artist would use as a tool.

If it really is a spider tattoo.... Troupe getting involved too?!?!?

And I like these small breaks.
Jul 23, 2014 7:27 PM

Oct 2009
If you think about it, it was not as simple.... The zodiacs were doing business as usual until Kurapika joined in and was like 'Ok guys, did you find the motherf*cker yet?', then the dumb zodiacs... 'wat??'.

The thing though is even if nobody knew about Kurapika's power, that Monkey knew something was up and something changed since Kurapika opened his mouth about possibility of moles.

I think if anything, that discovery is a trigger that will accelerate the pace of the story
Jul 23, 2014 7:38 PM

Jun 2009
Well, I kind of doubt it will be that easy. Saiyuu may be completely innocent still or, more likely, just a diversion. Mizai is always a possibility, I think. The look at the 4th prince was interesting, nice job spotting the possible spider tattoo Icchi. My god if they got involved.....
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 23, 2014 8:40 PM

Jan 2012
There should be an all out battle between spiders and zodiacs XD
you sound poor
Jul 23, 2014 9:13 PM
Apr 2014
http://puu.sh/aoFfn/2494dd8323.jpg

He looks like Bonolenov.
Kurapika has never seen Bonolenov,so he cannot recognize him.
Jul 23, 2014 9:17 PM
Jul 2014
Sky345 said:
ichii_1 said:

Really looks like a spider... but it seems more that someone is pulling off a woman's skin. Bizarre, damn, this prince! Very sadistic.

Mizai is so intelligent, he matches with Kurapika. XD (where was Leorio in this chapter? :/ ... )

2 weeks break T-T

It is a tattoo. Check a few pages earlier - there is a picture of a tattoing needle/instrument

I think the person the tattoist is working on Chrollo. Look at the straight black hair which is combed back. It looks to me like Chrollo is having his spider tattoo removed???

Besides, it doesnt suprise me that Chrollo would be with the prince, afterall it was the Phantom Troupe who took the scarlet eyes, and it is the prince who currently possesses them.
overtime2000Jul 23, 2014 9:30 PM
Jul 23, 2014 9:24 PM

Sep 2007
insan3Spectre said:
Well, I kind of doubt it will be that easy. Saiyuu may be completely innocent still or, more likely, just a diversion. Mizai is always a possibility, I think. The look at the 4th prince was interesting, nice job spotting the possible spider tattoo Icchi. My god if they got involved.....

Considering how amazing the Dark Continent is supposed to be, I'm pretty sure that a couple of members are going to be on the Black Whale, even if they aren't working with any of the known factions.
Jul 23, 2014 10:12 PM
Jul 2014
When Mizai said that nobody aside Kurapika has the "lie detector" ability, I think he forgot the music hunter guy. Remember the short guy wearing hat who can hear heart beats in Yorkshin arc?

Btw, Togashi has been watching too much UFC
Jul 23, 2014 10:19 PM
Jul 2013
So another break next week? I guess that's okay. I'm just glad Hunter x Hunter has new chapters coming out again.
Jul 23, 2014 11:51 PM

Dec 2011
That was fast. Give us more faster contents per chapter so we can set sail in DC soon enough.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2014 1:13 AM
Jun 2014
Actually this pretty good news that Togashi is taking breaks; maybe it means that he is trying for a long run!!!
Before his last hiatus, he never took a break in the last 5-6 years; I have nothing against it, if he gives us 2-3 chapters and then takes a week off.
It´s a lot BETTER than wainting for 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 24, 2014 11:21 PM

Aug 2012
Loved it. I don't even know why I bother commentating here anymore, I'm not going to be saying anything different. Definitely going to keep reading the comments though, I totally missed that Spider Tattoo & now I'm even more psyched for the next chapter.
Jul 25, 2014 2:12 AM

Apr 2009
Cheesekao said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Well I definitely wouldn't complain if it's a good arc but CA took like 5 years or something to complete. Being a HxH fan is suffering.

Patience is sadly an unknown word for many manga readers. Makes sense, because anime/manga is usually frequented by a teenage crowd, but it isn't really a lot compared to other manga. Even Berserk's hiatus are fine when you compare it to stuff like X, Nana, Five Star Stories or Bastard.
Just relax and be patient. Many of the greatest works of mankind remain unfinished and some even only got published after the author died. If the quality is alright you should not have problems waiting.
Then again, it was HxH's breaks + Togashi's lazy work ethics that made fans mad. Thankfully he seems to have gotten over this with his new assistant now, recent chapters have great art and art direction.

PS: CA took almost 8 years. I know it because I caught up when it started :P

annie_leonheart said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Indeed, that is a possibility.
NidhoeggrJul 28, 2014 12:39 AM
Jul 25, 2014 3:28 PM

Aug 2012
What do you guys think of Hisoka being one of the princes brothers with his makeup off.
Friend thought of it and it really makes sense.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.