Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 23, 2014 3:37 AM

Oct 2011
This show doesn't cease to amaze me. This episode is exactly the reason I changed my rating from 9 to 10 in the past.
Jul 23, 2014 4:23 AM

Jul 2013
TripleSRank said:
Still, it's not like Killua wasn't being taught anything. Where do you think his monsterous strength and assassination techniques came from? You can know about things without knowing what exactly they are. When he learned about nen, he probably had a moment where he thought, "Oh! That's what that was!"

As for his lack of curiosity... Killua never really cared about killing, so he probably didn't care about the powers needed to kill either. That Silva had to have Illumi manipulate him with needles says a lot.
Killua was supposedly said to have not been as observational, sometime before he met Gon.
And, how could any Zoldyck member NOT know of the Dragon Dive ability? I don't think the Zoldycks function quite like the Phantom Troupe - where they trust one another enough to mostly keep each other's powers & abilities a secret among each individual self.

As for Alluka's "Ne-"
Allkuka: "BANG..! For spoilers."
GalekCJul 23, 2014 4:31 AM
Jul 23, 2014 5:27 AM

Jan 2014
Guilek said:
Keetriver said:
Anyone else finding it increasingly bizarre Killua knew nothing about Nen until the Heaven's Tower Arc?
-All this superpower shit that he knew about within the Zoldyck family, like Zeno's Dragon Dive and Alluka's wish granting, and he never questioned to his parents or relatives how it's all possible?
-You'd think the Zoldyck family, being the greatest assassins with a huge reputation to live up to, would teach Killua Nen at an early age so he doesn't make a fool out of himself against the hundreds of Hunters and especially his first run at Heaven's Tower. And even more so especially since he was originally chosen as the successor.
-Kalluto knows how to use Nen and he's younger than Killua, as well as being the less favored son. Arguably you could say that Zoldyck family decided to change their methods and teach him Nen early after Killua decided to leave with Gon, but its not like they abandoned Killua.
Maybe I'm being too picky but it's making it harder to rewatch some earlier episodes

He was forced to battle in the Heavens Arena at the age of 6 by Silva, in which he took two years to get to the 199th floor but he didn't go to the 200th so he didn't learn Nen. Silva told him to go back home after the he reach the 200th floor.

If he did what Silva told him to do, he would have learn nen at the age of 6.

That makes no sense. If he'd gone to the 200th floor, someone could have killed him with nen. Him going to Heaven's Tower doesn't anything to do in the slightest as to why his family never taught him nen, which is the only major plot hole in Hunter x Hunter.
Jul 23, 2014 5:29 AM
Dec 2011
Man if Alluka didn't look like a girl the last scene would've been weird as hell.
Jul 23, 2014 5:58 AM
Mar 2011
ElCuRa_ said:
Man if Alluka didn't look like a girl the last scene would've been weird as hell.
Especially if he had a small beard/moustache.
Jul 23, 2014 6:26 AM

Mar 2008
Winter_Fox_Ryuko said:
Guilek said:

He was forced to battle in the Heavens Arena at the age of 6 by Silva, in which he took two years to get to the 199th floor but he didn't go to the 200th so he didn't learn Nen. Silva told him to go back home after the he reach the 200th floor.

That makes no sense. If he'd gone to the 200th floor, someone could have killed him with nen. Him going to Heaven's Tower doesn't anything to do in the slightest as to why his family never taught him nen, which is the only major plot hole in Hunter x Hunter.

they explain that nen must been awaken in a natural form not forced, to be more stronger, and they know that killua is not a mercenary killer like the rest of the zoldick, and remember that they give to him the training to be an electrical power user, that is not easy.
Jul 23, 2014 6:48 AM

Jul 2013
Poison, electricity could kill someone too.
Silva told him to go to the 200th floor but he didn't fight there if he had done what his father told him, he'll have nen since the age of 6.
Jul 23, 2014 6:51 AM

May 2013
D'aww that ending c:
Jul 23, 2014 7:04 AM

Dec 2013
This arc ... 10/10.
Illumi x Hisoka best pairing, period.
Leorio is back, yay.
AizixJul 23, 2014 7:18 AM
Jul 23, 2014 7:15 AM

Apr 2013
Finally we'll see Leorio <3
Jul 23, 2014 8:48 AM

Dec 2012
Kawaii Kiss
Jul 23, 2014 9:10 AM

Jul 2013
Episode felt abit slow for me

Loved the CA reference to just how strong they were
Jul 23, 2014 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
GalekC said:
TripleSRank said:
Still, it's not like Killua wasn't being taught anything. Where do you think his monsterous strength and assassination techniques came from? You can know about things without knowing what exactly they are. When he learned about nen, he probably had a moment where he thought, "Oh! That's what that was!"

As for his lack of curiosity... Killua never really cared about killing, so he probably didn't care about the powers needed to kill either. That Silva had to have Illumi manipulate him with needles says a lot.
Killua was supposedly said to have not been as observational, sometime before he met Gon.
And, how could any Zoldyck member NOT know of the Dragon Dive ability? I don't think the Zoldycks function quite like the Phantom Troupe - where they trust one another enough to mostly keep each other's powers & abilities a secret among each individual self.

I'm sure he did know about it. In fact, he instantly recognized it in the Chimera Ant arc. What I'm saying is that just because he knew about the ability, that doesn't mean he knew what said ability was (nen) or how it worked (hatsu), nor does it mean he cared to find out.
Jul 23, 2014 9:37 AM

Sep 2012
Loved this ep and the last scene as well =D
Jul 23, 2014 9:45 AM
Jan 2014
the top 12 hunters being dressed up as animals was a stupid idea. I cant take speaking cows seriously, I mean cmon. Who would do that?
Why would they dress acordingly to their codenames? Are they retarded or something?
Jul 23, 2014 9:56 AM

Feb 2014
cabacc2 said:
the top 12 hunters being dressed up as animals was a stupid idea. I cant take speaking cows seriously, I mean cmon. Who would do that?
Why would they dress acordingly to their codenames? Are they retarded or something?

As for their prove of admiration to Netero. With exception of Pariston and Ging who are troublesome and stubborn.

They are pretty much like a fanboy/fangirl toward Netero.(Included Pariston and Ging this time).

I think their design are fine, though. You probably over thinking things, i don't know.
Jul 23, 2014 10:44 AM

May 2010
Kalluto: Did my whole my family just forgot about me this episode?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 23, 2014 11:22 AM

Mar 2014
cabacc2 said:

The contrast between their appearance and behavior is what actually made the Zodiacs interesting & amusing (to me at least). Also, Togashi has always been "lazy" when designing character. I mean, just look at the Bombers. They could literally stand in among the crowds of BG characters and I wouldn't recognize them due to their plain and dull design. So, I think Togashi is at his best when designing "silly" characters like the Zodiacs.

Winter_Fox_Ryuko said:
Guilek said:

Well, if Killua died just because of that, then he simply doesn't worth the title of Zoldyck's heir to begin with.
Besides, Killua has developed extreme tolerance to pain (+ poison & electricity) due to the tortures and training he had to endure since birth. So, I'm sure Silva expected him to survive Nen attack especially, since 200th floor is the weakest floor of Nen user.
LLawliedJul 23, 2014 11:37 AM
Jul 23, 2014 12:02 PM

Mar 2014
Keetriver said:
Anyone else finding it increasingly bizarre Killua knew nothing about Nen until the Heaven's Tower Arc?
-All this superpower shit that he knew about within the Zoldyck family, like Zeno's Dragon Dive and Alluka's wish granting, and he never questioned to his parents or relatives how it's all possible?
-You'd think the Zoldyck family, being the greatest assassins with a huge reputation to live up to, would teach Killua Nen at an early age so he doesn't make a fool out of himself against the hundreds of Hunters and especially his first run at Heaven's Tower. And even more so especially since he was originally chosen as the successor.
-Kalluto knows how to use Nen and he's younger than Killua, as well as being the less favored son. Arguably you could say that Zoldyck family decided to change their methods and teach him Nen early after Killua decided to leave with Gon, but its not like they abandoned Killua.
Maybe I'm being too picky but it's making it harder to rewatch some earlier episodes

- Killua wasn't entirely clueless, he just didn't know that it was Nen. He always thought his brother (Illumi) had some sort of aura about him.
- Are you sure that Alluka's "superpower" is even a Nen ability? Weren't you paying attention? Not even Silva knows where Nanika came from.
- Why he knows about Zeno's Dragon Dive
- Silva clearly instructed Killua to go home after reaching the 200th floor (Ch. 44). Probably BECAUSE they didn't want their successor to be maimed by Nen baptism.
- Quoting TonyStark: Killua was groomed by Zeno & Silva, whereas Kalluto was groomed by Kikyo.

Winter_Fox_Ryuko said:

There could have been plenty of possibilities:

- They wanted to focus on Killua's physical/raw abilities
- They didn't see a reason for him to learn Nen just yet
- Killua ran away from home so there's a pretty good chance that he missed out on learning Nen.

Also, for it to be a plothole there would have to be contradictions. No contradictions here, just questions with explanations.
jreginaldJul 23, 2014 12:10 PM
Jul 23, 2014 12:29 PM
May 2014
Great episode!

One thing however...

Alluka made 4 requests before she/he (?) turned into 'that thing'. Not 3.
1. Die
2. Wake up
3. Play that word game (Can't remember the name for it)
4. Pet me on my head

She said 'onii-chan' at all 4 requests, so it would have worked after 3. Why 4?

Maybe because Killua couldn't die so that one didn't count? She was satisfied however?
Could anyone shed some light on this or am I overthinking it?
Jul 23, 2014 12:41 PM

Feb 2013
^ didn't even think about that
maybe it's one of the rules the family didnt know. something like 4 wishes and you can set a condition?

No Blood! No Bone! No Ash!
Jul 23, 2014 12:42 PM

Jan 2014
kleinerwolf said:
Winter_Fox_Ryuko said:

they explain that nen must been awaken in a natural form not forced, to be more stronger, and they know that killua is not a mercenary killer like the rest of the zoldick, and remember that they give to him the training to be an electrical power user, that is not easy.

They didn't train him to be an electrical nen user, it's made clear that all Zoldycks receive electrocution training, deciding to use lightning was his own personal choice.

Guilek said:
Silva told him to go to the 200th floor but he didn't fight there if he had done what his father told him, he'll have nen since the age of 6.

Silva never ordered him to fight on the 200th floor, he said that Killua couldn't come home until he 'reached' the 200th floor.
TyrelJul 23, 2014 9:45 PM
Jul 23, 2014 1:17 PM

Feb 2014
Winter_Fox_Ryuko said:
Guilek said:

Silva never ordered him to fight on the 200th floor, he said that Killua couldn't come home until he 'reached' the 200th floor.

If he goes to 200th floor however, he will feel the real gist of Nen. Which he did not. That will serve different action for him and probability of him learn Nen after it was high.

He ignored that and only become interested after his deal with Illumi in Hunter Exam probably because he thought that "nen" feeling just another assassin technique before.

If the needle was planted since he was a kid, then that really makes sense as he would never challenge the odd and force his way to 200th floor's fight and got Nen baptism, instead he will goes back home and ask about it is high and he will learn Nen(or just keep quiet).
FlashofthebackJul 23, 2014 3:00 PM
Jul 23, 2014 1:22 PM

Apr 2011
That ending was supa kawaii.
Jul 23, 2014 1:42 PM

Jul 2010
LEORIO SPOTTED.
My body can't contain my current hype.
Jul 23, 2014 1:58 PM

Jan 2009
Illumi refers to Alluka as "otouto" which means younger brother.
And Killua refers to him as "Imouto" which means younger sister!
I'm confused! Is he a male or female?!
Jul 23, 2014 2:18 PM

Feb 2008
i wish they didn't translate nanika's name. it just doesn't read right. at least put it in parentheses. they did it with Ika Musume and it just doesn't work.
Jul 23, 2014 2:49 PM

Mar 2014
DiabloMask said:

Silva & Kikyo don't have any biologically female daughters, let's leave it at that.
Jul 23, 2014 2:51 PM

Apr 2014
Hisoka and Illumi kill me as always omg this ship drive me nuts. And omfg Leorio si coming back next episode I was wondering when that was going to happen.
Jul 23, 2014 2:53 PM
Jan 2014
MShukyDeneuve said:
cabacc2 said:

As for their prove of admiration to Netero. With exception of Pariston and Ging who are troublesome and stubborn.

They are pretty much like a fanboy/fangirl toward Netero.(Included Pariston and Ging this time).

I think their design are fine, though. You probably over thinking things, i don't know.
I know there motivation for dressing up like this. And thats the exact reason why I cant take them seriously.
Thats not a mentally sane way to show your admiration for somebody, no normal person would do this.
Its incredibly stupid, and the first major problem I have with HxH (and major still means small in this context, because HxH is just too good).
Jul 23, 2014 3:23 PM

Feb 2013
cabacc2 said:
MShukyDeneuve said:

I know there motivation for dressing up like this. And thats the exact reason why I cant take them seriously.
Thats not a mentally sane way to show your admiration for somebody, no normal person would do this.
Its incredibly stupid, and the first major problem I have with HxH (and major still means small in this context, because HxH is just too good).

I don't mind them really asides from Horseman, who I'd never want to meet irl
Jul 23, 2014 3:31 PM

Apr 2011
so how did killua survive the "die" command ?
Jul 23, 2014 3:32 PM

May 2011
TripleSRank said:
GalekC said:

I'm sure he did know about it. In fact, he instantly recognized it in the Chimera Ant arc. What I'm saying is that just because he knew about the ability, that doesn't mean he knew what said ability was (nen) or how it worked (hatsu), nor does it mean he cared to find out.

Killua watched since birth overpowers abilities within his family, he himself has that ''Rhythm Echo''. He should thought that it is something normal.

And about Kalluto, he couldn't join the Ryodan without knowing about Nen, then he should have asked for his family to teach.

Jul 23, 2014 3:48 PM

Aug 2012
Hisoka is such a babe
Jul 23, 2014 4:21 PM

Mar 2014
Valaskjalf said:
so how did killua survive the "die" command ?

It wasn't a literal die command.
Jul 23, 2014 5:10 PM

Jan 2011
DiabloMask said:

The best solution, trust in your eye
Jul 23, 2014 5:22 PM

Nov 2011
great as always, I don't think I need to say more about how amazing it is..

the greatest part is coming, Leorio-san is coming, you will see how genius Togashi is when..

maybe not in the next episode / 140, maybe in 141..
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jul 23, 2014 5:32 PM

Jul 2014
<3 these to siblings :D
Jul 23, 2014 5:38 PM
Mar 2011
Killua!!! No one understands Alluka better than you do! Your such a cutie >v< Falling in love!!
Jul 23, 2014 9:34 PM

Nov 2013
this arc may turn out promising after all.
Jul 23, 2014 9:36 PM

Jan 2008
this arc may turn out promising after all.

Jul 23, 2014 10:42 PM
Jul 2014
I can't wait for the next episode! HxH is proving that action isn't needed for it to be intense. I'm curious to see how Killua will continue to use the rules he knows to heal Gon. And that awkward moment when Hisoka realized Illumi though he was more important to Killua than Gon... LOL
Jul 23, 2014 11:35 PM

Jan 2014
Well, after marathoning the series and finally catching up, I'm pretty pumped to see Leorio again. He's certainly not the strongest (from what I know) but definitely a character I really like. Amazing series, and despite Chimera Ant being epic, this Election arc seems to be a nice change if pace arc right now. Curious to see what happens next, and how Leorio is involved--not to mention how he'll react to seeing Gon in the condition he's in.
Jul 24, 2014 4:31 AM
May 2014
inb(late) incest supporters talk incest. I can't stand that. He just rescued his sister from spending quite some time in prison. Romance doesn't have exist in everything.
If Hisoka says you have issues. You have issues.

Nice artwork. Glad to see Killua cares about his sister, unlike the rest of his family.

Toddlers/young children typically don't have white hair. It fits Killua though.

This is before he threatens your wife. Just waif pops.

You thought Killua was dead? Neither did he.
Jul 24, 2014 11:29 AM

Jul 2014
OMG Alluka is so friggin' adorable ^_^

I really didn't like Pariston at first but I'm starting to warm up to him.... and his fabulous shoujo sparkles
Jul 24, 2014 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
Making a post just to say the Kiss-scene's artwork... Stunning... Absolute gorgeous and of course, cute as well.
Jul 24, 2014 2:56 PM

Jan 2013
In the manga I liked Pariston right from the start but I've been struggling to watch his scenes in the anime. He feels different... but maybe it's just me.
Jul 24, 2014 3:27 PM

Mar 2014
Cornelia_ said:
In the manga I liked Pariston right from the start but I've been struggling to watch his scenes in the anime. He feels different... but maybe it's just me.

Could be just you, I've actually been liking Pariston a lot more because of the anime.
Jul 24, 2014 3:44 PM

Jan 2013
jreginald said:
Cornelia_ said:

Could be just you, I've actually been liking Pariston a lot more because of the anime.

just checked 2ch and twitter and apparently it isn't just me. It depends on how one sees him I suppose. My expectation was too high because he's a favorite.
Jul 24, 2014 9:05 PM
Jul 2014
Yay! Leorio is back next episode! Hopefully Killua will be able to save both Alluka and Gon.

The scene between Hisoka and Illumi was lol. They both have problems.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

42 by Merve2Love »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Yesterday, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.