Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 23, 2014 2:16 AM

Sep 2013
I like the ending song more. I kinda miss that little guitar solo at the beginning of the first opening, if you know what I mean.

Good episode! another episode that raises questions. What the heck happened to Akashi!

Jul 23, 2014 2:37 AM

Apr 2013
The new OP is more fun to watch that the show itself.
And nice eyecandy near the end.
Jul 23, 2014 6:09 AM

Jun 2012
The old OP was kinda the only interesting part of every episode so far.. aaaand it's gone.
Jul 23, 2014 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
I would say this is the one of the most heart-warming episode ever.

The new opening and ending was good.

Maamu and Emiru finally made up with each other.
Jul 23, 2014 11:11 AM

Oct 2013
So...what did we learn from this episode? That this show's quite better when the focus isn't on Akashi & Sasame. Too bad the new OP is filled to the brim with them...
Jul 23, 2014 11:11 AM

Mar 2012
Fact -> All anime scientists are crazy.
Jul 23, 2014 12:12 PM

Jan 2014
DiviMike said:
So...what did we learn from this episode? That this show's quite better when the focus isn't on Akashi & Sasame. Too bad the new OP is filled to the brim with them...

This! This right here!
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Jul 23, 2014 2:24 PM

Mar 2012
Two episodes in a row I liked.. what is this.. Well that's going to end soon. Thanks OP for the heads up of the torture to come.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Jul 23, 2014 3:50 PM

Jul 2013
Better episode than some of the previous ones.
Mahmu paired up with Emiru. And those two finally are getting along well :D
Dem feels.
Hard to tell where this will go next..
Jul 23, 2014 3:58 PM
Nov 2013
I disagree with you, I think a great protagonist Akashi, denaus think the characters ridiculous and worthless men new news here

http://www.animate.tv/news/details.php?id=1406022030
Jul 23, 2014 4:00 PM

Nov 2012
More character development is always a good thing.

And I love that new ED.
Jul 23, 2014 4:04 PM

Oct 2011
Finally.. a nicer atmosphere. These endless, old and re-used flashbacks are really a big eyesore to me. I'm glad it was barely present, for this episode.
Can such a dream truely exist?
Jul 23, 2014 6:25 PM

Aug 2013
I'm already starting to think that this story does not lead anywhere
Emiru even after turning a LIM remains the best girl in the anime, since the other protagonists are boring
new OP and ED, I liked the new ED, more agitated and with good sequence of images
Jul 23, 2014 7:02 PM
Sep 2013
So is it gonna be Sasamu or Corpse Girl? Or are they the same person? I had thought there were pretty strong evidence that they are not one and the same but the ED may suggest otherwise. I doubt the OP and ED are lying, they rarely do, but its confusing at the same time. The OP is focused mostly on Sasamu but the ED is focused solely on the Corpse Girl. I guess we'll find out.

The relationship between Sasamu and the Corpse Girl is definitely the most interesting mystery right now, follow by the back-story of the mad doctor. I really hope he has a back-story.

With this, Emiru is pretty much out of the picture. I was hoping to see what her deal with Heito but that seems to have taken a back seat. Maybe the show will get back to it, maybe it won't, don't really matter much anymore at this point.

Anyways, I'm predicting the the next few episodes are gonna be when Akashi finally have direct interactions with the Corpse Girl and perhaps she will reveal some of the secrets of the Lightless Realm.

Also, as I thought, I love Mahmu. I can just hug her.
Jul 23, 2014 7:13 PM

Feb 2014
Piece by piece it's all coming together, but there are still big holes that need to be addressed.
This was one of the best episode so far.
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

Jul 23, 2014 8:24 PM

Nov 2010
Jonesy974 said:
Now I'm pissed that whatever sub group picked this up is so fucking carefree with this show. It used to be out every Monday like clockwork, eventually fell to Tuesdays and now I can only pray that it makes it on Wednesdays. Sub group needs to get their lazy shit together.

Are you not able to watch on Daisuki? They post regularly every Monday (my time).

I think this was my favorite episode - I really enjoyed getting to see the girl-bonding happening at the end. Didn't have time to watch the new OP and ED through yet ^^;;
I am grateful that people often write "bare" when they mean "bear" and vice versa. Because it makes what they said even funnier.
Jul 23, 2014 8:56 PM

Dec 2010
ok question

So whatever Maamu writes in her journal comes true?

Is corpse girl Sasame or not? cause episode 13 confused me when kakashi at the end called her Sasame when the corpse girl existed before Sasame got turned into a LIM.
Jul 23, 2014 9:25 PM

Aug 2013
Well its FINALLY out! woo.

Mahmu, I really wish you'd stick to being the narrator, I don't like you. But since you're heito's replacement for the long foreseeable future, and they fanserviced you up with nice big tits, I guess I have no choice but to accept you.

That OP song...the song itself is fine, but holy shit that lightheartedness and the happy scenes do not match the tone of this show IN THE SLIGHTEST.

Akashi didn't make it back, the corpse is obviously still "alive", and Heito didn't come back either (thank god). Wonder what happened to Akashi since looking at the OP video he's still got important parts left, plus that scene with the lightless realm collapsing...hmmm....

From the looks of the 2nd key visual it doesn't look like anyone has died or will die, interested to see what will happen if none of the annoying characters are going to get killed off.

The subtitled completely English nano song at the end made me lawl a bit, but the video was decent.
Jul 23, 2014 10:19 PM
May 2014
Huh, I wonder.. Will it be Raika or Iwato who becomes a part of the machine? Or will Raika keep her promise and she'll make sure neither of them have to go through the process?
Jul 23, 2014 10:37 PM

Jun 2014
A light opening with some interesting lyrics, makes me wonder if this anime will end on a happy note (hopefully nothing too absurd like everyone reviving), the ending was superb, not being biased at all. <3nano

FINALLY. FINALLY. FINALLY. MAHMU IS RELEVANT IN SOMETHING. Took 14 damn episodes to get something out from her, and more development for Emiru. Raika and Iwato showing some potential, I hope nothing happens to them but then again they just seem like side characters right now.

Very good episode, I still have high hopes for this.. please don't let me down!

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jul 23, 2014 11:56 PM

May 2012
dmrch said:
Tyrel said:
As for the lyrcis, I managed to make most of it out

I appreciate you.
I wrote about the lyrics of the new OP song in the following.
(I'm sure that the Japanese original text I wrote is correct.
But Sorry if the alphabet letters of Japanese I wrote and my translation are wrong)

If u guys notice, the ED theme really fits Emiru personality. I'm glad she was featured in this show becos if not for this episode, the rating are going to be down the hole from previous two episodes which is totally frustrating.

Keep that aside, well anyway, Maamu probably wanted to pilot Emiru because she feels guilty as she thought shes the reason why Emiru become being necrometal, but then, she finally had a glimpsed of her past with Emiru - damn Emiru lightened up every scene in the anime, her character are strong ( almost close to Natsuiri *yeah i finally got his name*) and i love how Emiru been pushing this show with her will. starting from the very first episode, if u minus 'sasame,akashi kun moment.

In her old diary, Maamu wrote about how ' the 8 children ignored her and leave her' but in her memory, i cant see Tsugumi present. It makes me wonder, are the other besides Minashi or Sasame memories were altered? or the fact that, either Sasame or Tsugumi was never exist but instead was born from the lightless realms. Contrary to the similiraties and how the corpse girl and sasame resembles each other, they were nothing alike in the past. and plus, at the end of the ED, there was this shining necklace or bracelets which i suspects the key that Natsuiri always wear on his necks - and it might be also possible that, The corpse is a MA-Vess with a LIM or 'soul from dead people*referring to the red orbs* and Tsugumi is the one that piloted it.

Put Minashi and Sasame sins aside, its kinda weird how they never oppose Natsuiri words makes me suspected them as an accomplice.
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jul 24, 2014 7:27 AM
Jan 2013
Science Guy is starting to piss me off.
Jul 25, 2014 2:00 PM

Dec 2013
Time_Bubbles said:
Huh, I wonder.. Will it be Raika or Iwato who becomes a part of the machine? Or will Raika keep her promise and she'll make sure neither of them have to go through the process?

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. I distinctly recall almost every single pairing making promises about "staying alive" "waiting for one another" and basically all bets were off almost within 10 minutes of the next episode.

I swear if I were that Army general and wanted that scientist under my thumb, I would shoot him in the leg and torture him a bit, just to make him submit. The dude is seriously too crazy for his own good. Admittedly he does have the smarts, but showy, arrogant manipulation never ends well. I wouldn't be surprised if the army dudes puts two bullets in his head once they solve the problem with the Lightness Realm and all the research data is compiled. He's best left at manipulating those kids.

Akashi isn't dead for sure, but I don't get why Minashi didn't drag his sorry carcass back from the Lightness Realm. Weren't they together when Akashi went apeshit over the Corpse? Heito is probably a lost cause though, seeing that he left the cockpit of Sable mid-way through his mission.

That said, the Yuri bonding that we had for this episode was pretty nice to see. We get a bit more of a back story to the kids and what had happened during the scene over a decade ago. The "Sin" that Sasame committed doesn't seem like it extends to the entirety of the group, just her and Minashi. The others have their own reasons for continuing their missions (Emiru and Mahmu simply in pursuit of happiness they couldn't find as kids), I wonder what reasons the others have, specifically Raika and Iwato.

The pacing of the show and the reveals/story kinda suck, but at the same time I really want to know all about the story. Such conflicting interests... sigh...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 25, 2014 8:42 PM

Jul 2012
Baddie007 said:

He has since the very start.
Jul 25, 2014 11:45 PM

Jul 2014
Been lurking for some time on the forum, decide to make my account to keep following this anime.

Okay, so no Akashi on this ep? Too bad. I'm waiting for him to be tortured every week. Hahahaha. I doubt he actually died, after all he's the main character. The new OP is too "bright" for this kind of show and I prefer the 1st OP. The new ED song is not half bad though.

But still, nice change of pace and atmosphere for this ep. I feel a slight hint of yuri ehehehe. Not that I dislike it but, it's kind of unexpected pairing.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Jul 26, 2014 12:26 AM

Dec 2013
So, this episode just proved to me, once again, exactly why this series is like one step above complete garbage. I torture myself each and every week with this, and each and every week after I torture myself with this I end up making almost the same comments here. So, lets change it up a bit...

And... I'm done.

I don't get why everyone love Emiru so much, she was one of the most annoying characters when she was alive and now that she's dead we still can't get rid of her... WT actual F?

Sasame was a decent character, hated that she died and got turned into a LIM. I can think of several other characters that would serve the show better as LIMs, Iwato, Raika, Mahmu, Minashi... pretty much all the remaining characters!

Why do I get the feeling that Akashi isn't actually dead? What is it with this show and worthless characters? Hopefully at least psycho-douche is really dead, Heito or whatever.

So, given that I've complained about pretty much every character, I guess that would make a lot of people ask me how I would make this annoying mess better... Well, for one, I'd of had Akashi become the LIM so that Sasame could pilot him. I never would have let Heito roam free at all. I'd leave the Mahmu piloting Emiru as is simply because Mahmu is less annoying than Emiru, and I'd have killed Minashi for no reason other than just that he's an annoying idiot. As for the two lovebirds, I honestly don't care which one becomes the LIM- though I think considering how things have been going so far it'd be more interesting if Iwato was the one to become the LIM... so far it seems every time a guy and girl have any kind of interest(even one sided) the girl becomes the LIM for the guy to pilot.

Science guy has some of the best moments in this series, and then proceeds to muck it all up in the very next moment with his annoying personality.

I've invested too much time to drop this now, but I can't help but consider it. I really hope the ending isn't as stupid as I'm betting it's going to be...

I give this series a 5/10 and this particular episode a 5/10
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jul 26, 2014 9:24 PM
Jun 2014
Emiru <3
Jul 26, 2014 10:00 PM

Dec 2009
Calling now that either Heito or the corpse girl will be the final MA-Vess. I think we'll see Heito back in one form or another.
Jul 27, 2014 12:12 AM

Feb 2013
Probably the best episode so far. I like that it took the old sci-fi route and went slow with the story, etc, but not many people like that, so... yeah.
Jul 27, 2014 7:07 PM

Feb 2013
New OP/ED are too happy.

This

was awesome! ...was not expecting that... freaky and loved it! It's too bad this anime isn't full of this kind of stuff.
Jul 30, 2014 3:48 AM

Aug 2013
Best episode so far. Necrometal Emiru was creepy O__O

Baddie007 said:

Wow you must be a really patient guy if it took you 14 episodes to get annoyed with Natsuiri. Props :D
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 14, 2014 10:12 AM

Oct 2009
Nice new OP, and ED by nano!! :D

That was some good character development. I feel for Emiru, hopefully she can be bought back to life.
Aug 19, 2014 10:59 PM

Jun 2013
This episode was surprisingly emotional, and the "zombie" Emiru scene was effectively creepy. The story's still all jumbled to hell, but at least its retains some entertainment value.

AND NANO? WHAT GODS HAVE BROUGHT THIS BLESSING UPON US?
May 24, 2016 5:38 PM

Sep 2013
the moment I heard nano at the ending song, I instantly rate this show from 6 to 8. that was a good choice.
Jun 15, 2016 8:00 AM

Feb 2016
The scene were emiru appeared in front of mahmu and fell on her was funny as well as creepy - liked that. The rest of this episode was mainly some background information for both of them and it was okay but rather boring than interesting for me.
Jul 27, 2016 2:03 AM

Dec 2012
Those hidden memories are starting to resurface as they connect with one another. It was a nice little bit, Emiru reaching out from her loneliness to Mahmu. Should prove an interesting combo, although I wonder where Heito is.

New OP and ED are rockin' though!
Dec 26, 2018 4:29 PM

Aug 2007
I think I learned to respect Emiru in this episode.
This was easily the best episode so far. Why couldn't they have started the series with character development? I care a hell of a lot more about the others besides Akashi, in terms of personality and backstory...

Jan 28, 2019 2:52 PM

Mar 2018
This was easily the best episode of the series. It was really nice to see Emiru again. This show would've been much better if she never died.

And finally there's one more person to like in this series, Mahmu. For once we get to see a healthy relationship between two of the cast.

Hopefully that human garbage Heito will stay way clear of Emiru from now on.
Jul 29, 2023 6:24 AM

Dec 2022
Beautiful episode. Mahmu used her time in the spotlight wisely here, and Emiru's past with her was captivating. You wouldn't think Emiru was this sweet, after how the first episode tried to portray her as a clingy brat. Sasame and Akashi needed scenes this emotionally gripping.

I find Natsuiri likeable too. He's a smug bastard, but he's also proactive and effective.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2014

76 by Erdgeist »»
Mar 21, 8:23 PM

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2014

45 by Phobossus »»
Mar 17, 7:41 AM

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

27 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 29, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

25 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 29, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2014

25 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 29, 2023 10:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.