Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 20, 2014 9:17 PM

Feb 2009
just wanted to let fence riders know that if they are skeptical about watching this from any of th ereviews, then i would suggest waiting.

I'm putting it down until the rest of it is released. This is not a show that is meant for weekly viewing. It's pretty slow, but its also really good. Probably wouldnt think so if i watched every week.
Jul 20, 2014 9:59 PM

Apr 2013
better idea, don't watch it at all.
Jul 21, 2014 12:29 AM

Feb 2014
Sourire said:

Even better idea, watch it anyway just to spite this edgy keyboard warrior
Jul 23, 2014 7:55 AM

Aug 2011
I love overpowered main characters.. especially those who hide their powers first.

I guess im a sucker for those animes and mangas...

The legend of the kegendary heroes is something one should definitely watch after this..
Jul 23, 2014 8:52 PM

Feb 2008
Ok that's pretty ironic because I just dropped this show. While the world is interesting, the characters are either bland, don't get enough screen time or are complete mary sues. The story is uninteresting as well
Jul 23, 2014 8:56 PM

Mar 2013
Marthgun said:
I'm putting it down until the rest of it is released. This is not a show that is meant for weekly viewing. It's pretty slow, but its also really good.

I will have to agree here. This is exactly what I just did.
Jul 24, 2014 1:19 AM

Apr 2009
Sourire said:

Indeed, watch a good anime instead. Or Sword Art Online because even that is better.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 24, 2014 10:07 AM

Jul 2014
More than the half of the show has been released and there're still people that recommend to wait longer. =) Well, I have to give it to Mahouka - its fans are really loyal.
Jul 25, 2014 8:27 AM

May 2014
deadoptimist said:
More than the half of the show has been released and there're still people that recommend to wait longer. =) Well, I have to give it to Mahouka - its fans are really loyal.

Nah,most read and enjoyed the LN's so they know about the good parts (anime didn't really butchered most of the story yet.).

just a disclaimer for those thinking of watching it for the 1st time,if you are more into action battle shonen type anime,tsundere's,ecchi,harem (as in 4 or more girls competing for a single guy) and a brainless incompetent MC having no balls,stay away from this anime.
Jul 25, 2014 9:21 AM
May 2013
deadoptimist said:

You are late. The anime is well received since episode 15.
Jul 25, 2014 10:28 AM

Aug 2008
This anime reminds me heavily of Samurai Flamenco. I cannot tell if it's trying to take itself seriously or not. There are so many veiled threats and innuendos and extra things going on beneath the surface that I'm not sure what the REAL plot or purpose is. I'm on episode 16 and I'm still not sure where this anime is going. Does it just have different arcs like Utena, all with no real purpose? Is there an overarching story? Why does any of this competition bullshit matter in terms of everything else? If the arc doesn't have a point to the main plot, why does it exist?

I dislike things like this but I continue watching in hopes that it hasn't been in vain and that I'll find my plot there. If I've just watched a series of short stories contained into a singular setting, I'll be upset.
Jul 25, 2014 10:39 AM

May 2010
Prophetess said:
This anime reminds me heavily of Samurai Flamenco. I cannot tell if it's trying to take itself seriously or not. There are so many veiled threats and innuendos and extra things going on beneath the surface that I'm not sure what the REAL plot or purpose is. I'm on episode 16 and I'm still not sure where this anime is going. Does it just have different arcs like Utena, all with no real purpose? Is there an overarching story? Why does any of this competition bullshit matter in terms of everything else? If the arc doesn't have a point to the main plot, why does it exist?

I dislike things like this but I continue watching in hopes that it hasn't been in vain and that I'll find my plot there. If I've just watched a series of short stories contained into a singular setting, I'll be upset.

Think of it as a power fantasy, self-insert fanfic story the author wrote for himself that somehow made it big. For the most part, it's just watching how Tatsuya wins everything and grants gifts for his sheeple. This is his theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU

...Why hasn't anyone made an AMV using that?

Anyways, the attempts at some sort of conflict feels laughable because if anyone paid attention, they're all just a curbstomp waiting to happen. People keep comparing this to Game of Thrones, but no one has plot armor there, rather, Martin is rather good at hiding that plot armor.
Jul 29, 2014 11:37 PM

Jun 2012
It has some flaws like its really slow but It's great overall, And I would start watching because each cliffhanger makes you love the show more.
NatalieS
Jul 30, 2014 12:41 AM

May 2013
NatalieS499 said:
It has some flaws like its really slow but It's great overall, And I would start watching because each cliffhanger makes you love the show more.

Mahouka is anime with very badly executed cliffhangers. Something is portrayed as a threat in the end of one episode and in next one it turns out that it wasn't a big deal.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Jul 30, 2014 12:42 AM

Jan 2013
The Excuses at Myanimelist Forums
Aug 1, 2014 4:47 PM

Oct 2013
I dropped it after the third episode,this is way overrated.

Aug 1, 2014 4:49 PM

Dec 2013
This show is bad, but the ranting is too much. It's a good idea to wait until its finished though.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 2, 2014 7:42 AM

May 2014
FlareStar101 said:
This show is bad, but the ranting is too much. It's a good idea to wait until its finished though.

Nah it's something more like bashing hyped series is cool, go to the SAO II thread and you might see some of them their,bashing/trolling.And thankfully some of them started to forget that Mahouka existed :)
Aug 2, 2014 7:47 AM
Dec 2013
yes saving best for last thanks op
Aug 2, 2014 8:19 AM

May 2013
Sourire said:

Watch it so you know what makes good anime good.

Experiencing this will make good anime and even mediocre anime a better experience for you in the future.
Aug 2, 2014 12:29 PM

Jan 2012
Yeah. This is a wonderful show for marathoning.

I watched up to ep 10 in one go, then decided to leave it until enough is released that I will be able to watch a whole segment/arc of the story in one go...
I can't stand cliffhangers - especially in such an epic show.

Once this got going, there's just been too much continuity between episodes for it to be suitable for weekly viewing.
This will be best enjoyed in a single (or very few) sitting(s) - like a really long movie.

If anyone knows good stopping points, please post them [here].
Aug 2, 2014 1:42 PM

Apr 2013
stefeman said:
I love overpowered main characters.. especially those who hide their powers first.

I guess im a sucker for those animes and mangas...

The legend of the kegendary heroes is something one should definitely watch after this..

I agree with you, since I am like that I like OP male protagonist too.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.