Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 20, 2014 4:41 PM

Feb 2010
So let's get this started.
Anyone who wants to join us is welcome to do so, we'll watch it at a pace of 1 episode a day for now.
I probably regret this post by now.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 20, 2014 5:31 PM

Jul 2012
Oh I'm interested! Does it start today or tomorrow?
Jul 20, 2014 5:36 PM

Sep 2011
I have the show on hold at episode 26, Maybe when you guys get to that ep count ill join you

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 20, 2014 5:44 PM

Feb 2010
mayukachan said:
Oh I'm interested! Does it start today or tomorrow?

For you I think it's tomorrow? Already past midnight here so I created the thread. It starts Monday in any case.

JizzyHitler said:
I have the show on hold at episode 26, Maybe when you guys get to that ep count ill join you

Sounds good, I'll get back to you once we are closing in on 26.
Jul 20, 2014 6:05 PM

Sep 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

JizzyHitler said:

Sounds good, I'll get back to you once we are closing in on 26.

Cool, this will hopefully motivate me to finally watch this series, I believe this has been on hold for well over a year now.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 20, 2014 7:57 PM

Feb 2010
Well, it's 5am here already so I might as well go ahead:

Episode 1
Jul 21, 2014 2:02 AM

Apr 2009
I am interested in that as well. The first few episodes seemed very fun and I am interested in Urasawa's older writing style as well.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 21, 2014 6:20 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 1
[spoiler]
3 things I learned from watching this episode

1. Oji-san is best char.
2. Yarawa's VA is one of the only female VA's that I don't find somewhat annoying.
3. Cheesy 80's op and ed are cheesy.

Yeah this was a lot of fun and like Higashi said the grandpa can probly carry the show all by himself for awhile. I'm not completely unfamiliar with Urasawa's lighter works as I've been following the manga Happy! which is about tennis and there were quite a few lighter scenes similar to this in Master Keaton. Yeah theres something special about 80's s-o-l anime, as I've really been impressed by stuff like Maison Ikkoku and Kimagure Orange Road so hopefully this can live up to those as well.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jul 21, 2014 7:48 PM

Jul 2012
Ep 1
Jul 21, 2014 9:18 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 2
Jul 22, 2014 6:11 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 2
[spoiler]
A new challenger appears! Liked her false tooth and stereotypical ojou-san personality. It's somehow refreshing to see the stereotype plaed straight instead of parodied or mixed with other stuff. I like that they haven't overloaded us with a massive cast yet and are introducing the characters slowly. I wonder if we'll get to some more time with the young delinquent kid and his gang. The reporter and his partner seem to be a mainstay though.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jul 23, 2014 12:14 AM

Sep 2011
Seems fun (finally it's time to get going with this series), I'll be joining this on episode 35 since I have it on-hold at around there.
Jul 23, 2014 5:28 AM

Feb 2010
Episode 3

And looking forward to the people joining us later!
Jul 23, 2014 4:51 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 3
[spoiler]
Yep another decent episode. Sayaka's new master and Yawara's new love interest seems like somewhat of a scumbag cheating on all those girls, but I think I'm willing to give him a chance if he managed to change his ways. Yeah I agree Sayaka is pretty OP but I guess thats her natural talent and stuff.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jul 23, 2014 8:56 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 4
Jul 24, 2014 6:30 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 4
[spoiler]
Same here. Oddly enough I don't remember anything similar in Happy!, theres a chance this might have been added in just for the t.v version, but hey it's a s-o-l comedy, a little ecchi isn't gonna kill anyone >_> a few more years on Yawara wouldn't hurt though. I like that the grandpa feels more like a main char sometimes than Yawara lol. Yeah looking forward to the tournament and stuff.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jul 25, 2014 12:32 AM

Apr 2009
Episode 3

Episode 4
NidhoeggrJul 25, 2014 7:46 AM
Jul 25, 2014 11:37 AM

Feb 2010
Episode 5
Jul 25, 2014 6:20 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 6

Also maybe I wasn't clear enough but what bothered me most in episode 4 was not sayakas progress but that I could swear they mentioned one month passing in either episode 3 or 4 but it doesn't add up with the countdown at the end.
Jul 26, 2014 7:54 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 7
[spoiler]
I really enjoyed this episode. It got serious for a change and gave us a glimpse into what Yawara really feels regarding Judo, which was interesting. In general I enjoyed the whole part of Matsuda and her fleeing from the reporters and everything that followed. I'm really glad there's been a lot of development this episode, I wasn't sure where this series is going and figured it might just use the established setting for rinse and repeat comedy. Glad that's not the case and I'm looking forward to the next episode with more enthusiasm now!
Jul 26, 2014 8:04 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 5

Ep 6
[spoiler]
Not bad for a date episode. I still think Sayaka's coach is a kind of a scumbag cheating on all those girls and stuff. Hopefully Yawara loses interest in him. I kinda wanna see Hanazawa the judo president as a love interest, but I doubt that'll ever happen since hes not "attractive" and stuff :(

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jul 27, 2014 10:35 AM

Apr 2009
Episode 5

Episode 6
NidhoeggrJul 27, 2014 11:02 AM
Jul 27, 2014 7:58 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 8
[spoiler]
I'm liking Matsuda more and more. I'm also having my doubts whether Yawara will really end up losing that match. She might win by accident or get swayed by the enthusiasm of Jigoro and Matsuda after all. I guess we'll find out soon!
Jul 28, 2014 8:07 AM

Apr 2009
Episode 7
Jul 28, 2014 9:17 AM

Aug 2009
Ep 7

Ep 8
[spoiler]
Yeah I agree I'm really starting to warm up to Matsuda. There was actually a similar love triangle going on in Happy! and I was rooting for the male char similar to Matsuda as well. I'm glad Jiguro rejected Sayaka's offer, I guess he's just waiting though. I also feel like shes not going to the throw the match. Plus it would kinda halt the progress of the strory and theres still 100+ eps lol
LoneWolfJul 28, 2014 2:41 PM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jul 28, 2014 10:24 AM

Apr 2009
Episode 8
Jul 29, 2014 5:41 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 9

Episode 10
[spoiler]
Well, I'm glad Yawara won that fight even though it was by accident. Now she'll have it harder trying to get away from Judo. Her mom also seems nice and the photos of the 'snowman' aka her father in training made me crack up. Definitely an enjoyable episode overall.
Jul 29, 2014 5:43 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 9
[spoiler]
Nice to know a little about her mother and father. They hinted pretty heavily that the reason her dad quit Judo is because Yawara was able to flip him. I find that kinda silly, but I guess it's a different culture and all that. The opponent seems pretty confident, but yeah I don't see Yawara losing this.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jul 30, 2014 1:59 PM

Apr 2009
Episode 9

Episode 10
NidhoeggrJul 30, 2014 2:46 PM
Jul 30, 2014 3:19 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 11
[spoiler]
This was a pretty good episode, the new fanboy/stalker/asshole guy is legitimately creepy but also kinda hilarious. I wonder where this is going though, will he become a recurring character?
The talk about college also had me interested, I hope Yawara gets coerced into the judo club at college as well xD.
Jul 31, 2014 12:53 PM

Apr 2009
Episode 11
Jul 31, 2014 5:52 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 12
[spoiler]
The fights in this episode were pretty one dimensional but it was okay since the satisfaction of seeing Creeper-kun being thrown around totally made up for it. Sayaka also seems to be doing well and I'm sure somehow Yawara will end up participating in that tournament despite her continuous lack of enthusiasm ^^.
Aug 1, 2014 6:00 AM

Apr 2009
Episode 12
Aug 1, 2014 9:12 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 13
[spoiler]
Well, I guess this episode has laid some more ground work for character development but it wasn't too enjoyable to watch for me. Mainly because Sayaka and Kazamatsuri are both horrible people who deserve each other -.-. And Matsuda was also close to scumbag territory when he was thinking about proposing that plan to manipulate Yawara. He tried to bail halfway through but that doesn't really make up for it. I'm generally also not a fan of the love triangle with Yawara and two much older guys so yeah, not my favorite episode but still a good one.
Aug 2, 2014 11:25 AM

Aug 2009
Time for some catch-up

Ep 10-13
[spoiler]
Well I was expecting Yawara to win the match somehow, the reappearance of her mom was great, hoepfully she sticks around this time. So now a new challenger appears, can't be bothered to remember his name, I guess I'll just go with Creeper-kun as well. It was indeed great to see Yawara take charge of the Judo team and watch Creeper-kun fail. Also agree with Kazamatsuri and Sayaka are meant for each other. I'm still with Matsuda though. I kinda still wanna see Hanazono thrown in the mix, but yeah probly not gonna happen.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 2, 2014 1:27 PM

Feb 2010
battosai-01 said:
Time for some catch-up

Ep 10-13
[spoiler]
Well I was expecting Yawara to win the match somehow, the reappearance of her mom was great, hoepfully she sticks around this time. So now a new challenger appears, can't be bothered to remember his name, I guess I'll just go with Creeper-kun as well. It was indeed great to see Yawara take charge of the Judo team and watch Creeper-kun fail. Also agree with Kazamatsuri and Sayaka are meant for each other. I'm still with Matsuda though. I kinda still wanna see Hanazono thrown in the mix, but yeah probly not gonna happen.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
Yawara x Hanazono is about the only ship I can support right now, romance with high schoolers and guys in their mid to late twenties just weirds me out so I can't ship Matsuda xD.
HANAZONO!
Aug 2, 2014 3:14 PM

Apr 2009
Episode 13
Aug 2, 2014 7:58 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 14
[spoiler]
More subtle development for Yawara, hopefully leading to her adapting a more positive attitude towards judo in the future.
It was also very satisfying to see Sayaka and Kazamatsuri both getting some good karma treatment this episode :>.
Aug 3, 2014 9:31 AM

Aug 2009
EP 14
[spoiler]
Not too much going on. I really liked the dedication of the judo team though. Hopefully they get more development, especially Hanazono.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 3, 2014 3:46 PM

Apr 2009
Episode 14
Aug 3, 2014 8:53 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 15
[spoiler]
Finally Yawara has openly agreed to participate. Things are getting interesting!
Also the never-ending manipulations from Sayaka are now beginning to unnerve even Kazamatsuri, but I would really be surprised to not see him stick with Sayaka for most of the show.
On a sidenote the OST during Matsudas emo walk was pretty great.
Aug 4, 2014 11:30 AM

Aug 2009
Ep 15
[spoiler]
Yeah really looking froward to Yawara v.s Sayaka. This has been coming for a long time, hopefully it's as good as I expected. Also lol'd at "Matsuda's emo walk" XD I agree the OST was pretty nice tho.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 4, 2014 2:48 PM

Apr 2009
Aug 4, 2014 7:20 PM

Feb 2010
I've gone ahead and watched a few episodes because I'll be on vacation until next week. This should have me covered until Sunday:

Episode 16

Episode 17

Episode 18

Episode 19

Episode 20

Episode 21
[spoiler]
Rofl, he made her cry. And that smug laugh afterwards xD. Jigoro is the man.
I also find it funny how Yawara doesn't seem to be able to refuse invitations for training even though she can refuse about anything else related to judo. Although she did finally speak up at the end, but it took her a good while and she regretted it shortly after. She could have realized sooner that giving her a quick match would be the best solution for both of them.
And I really like Jody, hope we see more of her in the future. The bit with Sayaka and that Belgian judo women was also somewhat interesting.
Aug 4, 2014 10:46 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 16
[spoiler]
Hanabrono XD I love it. Indeed I love him. Jiguro and him are deff my top fave chars with Matsuda close behind. They did a good job of showing how little she cares about the match and more about the judo team too. The "rivalry" between Todoh and sayaka felt pretty stale considering how OP Sayaka is though.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 5, 2014 6:48 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 17
[spoiler]
Yeah was not expecting Togoh to do so well. Just thought she would get destroyed like when she faced Yawara. Tbh I wanted to see the judo team's matches more. I just enjoy watching underdogs fight rather than over confident people like Sayaka and Yuki. Matsuda's motorcycle race/ride was pretty fun too.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 6, 2014 12:49 PM

Apr 2009

NidhoeggrAug 6, 2014 2:15 PM
Aug 7, 2014 5:17 AM

Aug 2009
Ep 18
[spoiler]
Pretty quick victory for Yawara. Tbh I was more interested in the Judo teams battles though. Hanabrono pulling through at the end was really satisfying, and we got to see Yawra's dad too, which was pretty cool.

Ep 19
[spoiler]
Pretty interesting flashback for Jiguro. It was more comedy than anything, but yeah fun stuff. I guess Kaneko and Yawara were similar in more ways than one. She looks a lot like her mom as well. It was funny how the people in the flashback look like people in the anime too. Yeah not a bad episode.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 7, 2014 9:30 AM

Apr 2009
Aug 8, 2014 6:37 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 20
[spoiler]
Agreed, the intro of the 4 international competitors made this episode so much better than it should have been lol. Honestly I'm surprised they're already going international considering the length of this anime, we're barely even 1/5th of the way in. Yeah gotta love Jody reppin' my Canada though. Don't get many Canadians in anime.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Ie Naki Ko (Nobody's Boy Remi)

LoneWolf - Feb 24, 2015

33 by TheDenOfEverythn »»
Nov 11, 2019 3:22 PM

» Moonlight Mile - Simulwatch

omakase - Nov 27, 2017

23 by KannoSugako »»
Jan 8, 2018 7:04 AM

» Victorian Romance Emma - Simulwatch

LoneWolf - Feb 12, 2017

22 by LoneWolf »»
Jun 12, 2017 11:10 PM

» Mujin Wakusei Survive - Simulwatch ( 1 2 )

KingYoshi - Sep 27, 2016

62 by omakase »»
Feb 4, 2017 2:37 PM

Sticky: » List of all the public simul-watch projects

Alcoholicide - Feb 7, 2012

10 by hpb123 »»
Dec 14, 2016 9:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.