Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 20, 2014 9:35 AM

Dec 2013
Hello to all that read this~

I am here to get recommendations to anime short series and manga short series, thanks to all that help me out!

The genre doesn't matter, because I have not found one that I don't like. Just no Yaoi, please no. Anime and Manga that I haven't really seen any of is Mecha and I would like to get into it if someone could be so kind to help me with that, but remember that isn't all I'm looking for.

If it isn't too much trouble, could you check out my anime list before posting so you don't name off something I have seen or plan to watch already, thanks.

What I am looking for in the short series of anime and manga are good story/characters/ setting and just something that I can truly get into and have some heartfelt feels.

Thanks again to all that read this and help me out, it really means a lot. May all that read this have a great day~ ^w^
Professional MyAnimeList Welcomer.
I prefer subbed anime over dubbed.
Looking for some short story manga suggestions to get me started.
Jul 20, 2014 9:45 AM

Oct 2012
How short is short?
Jul 20, 2014 9:56 AM

Nov 2013
Eve no Jikan is only 6 episodes. Pretty great watch. Move that from your plan to watch to watching already! :D

Hori-san to Miyamura-kun is a pretty cute watch and is only 2 episode :)
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 20, 2014 10:07 AM

May 2013
Knights of Sidonia is a good new mecha
Anohana
Chuunibyou
Kaiba is kinda mecha

All are 12 episodes I believe
Jul 20, 2014 10:16 AM

Oct 2012
Sparrow's hotel

Dumb, but still good.
Jul 20, 2014 10:23 AM

Apr 2014
Gargantia On The Verdurous Planet, is a good 12 episode Mecha.
Jul 20, 2014 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
The OP means with short, a standard 1 season of anime i believe (unlike naruto, fairy tail...).

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova (Action, war, some ecchi, some romance hint, strategy)
Another (mystery, horror (kind of)... dunno more.)
Ano Natsu de Matteru (Alien (they're like us humans), comedy, drama, school, slice of life (i think)).
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada (mystery, drama, comedy, friendship?)
Blood Lad (action, comedy, superpower (overpowered? :)), supernatural)
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (school, comedy, game)
Btooom! (action, horror... )
Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi
Danganronpa
Date A Live
Deadman Wonderland
Hataraku Maou-sama!

Im tired cant write all name of it, just these are really well known anime that isn't longer than ~12 episode (i think 1 or 2 of it has a second season if you dont mind that).
All of them are great, some are ecchi comedy while others is serious mystery, action :)
Jul 21, 2014 12:37 AM

Dec 2013
Laniaka said:
How short is short?

Short as in 12 episodes and under. 24 to 26 episodes if there is like a second season or something.

Vexper said:
Eve no Jikan is only 6 episodes. Pretty great watch. Move that from your plan to watch to watching already! :D

Hori-san to Miyamura-kun is a pretty cute watch and is only 2 episode :)

Toon_Link said:
Knights of Sidonia is a good new mecha
Anohana
Chuunibyou
Kaiba is kinda mecha

All are 12 episodes I believe

Kiddo81 said:
Sparrow's hotel

Dumb, but still good.

TheDragonsChild said:
Gargantia On The Verdurous Planet, is a good 12 episode Mecha.

Excarius said:
The OP means with short, a standard 1 season of anime i believe (unlike naruto, fairy tail...).

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova (Action, war, some ecchi, some romance hint, strategy)
Another (mystery, horror (kind of)... dunno more.)
Ano Natsu de Matteru (Alien (they're like us humans), comedy, drama, school, slice of life (i think)).
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada (mystery, drama, comedy, friendship?)
Blood Lad (action, comedy, superpower (overpowered? :)), supernatural)
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (school, comedy, game)
Btooom! (action, horror... )
Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi
Danganronpa
Date A Live
Deadman Wonderland
Hataraku Maou-sama!

Im tired cant write all name of it, just these are really well known anime that isn't longer than ~12 episode (i think 1 or 2 of it has a second season if you dont mind that).
All of them are great, some are ecchi comedy while others is serious mystery, action :)

Thank you all very much for what you have provided me with so far and no I don't mind second seasons at all. Everything has also been added to my list that you named for me. :) I forgot to mention the manga can be publishing when you tell me some. Also where do you all go to read new, old, and current manga? I have been using mangahere so far, but if there is a better place, please let me know, thanks! ^^
Jul 26, 2014 10:16 AM

Dec 2013
Bumping this thread and will continue to do so every few days or so if and when I can, unless someone tells me I can't or otherwise.

Still interested in adding many more anime and manga. On the manga, I guess it doesn't really have to be short, just something with a good story. Thanks in advance!
Jul 26, 2014 10:47 AM
Jan 2009
Okay so, Gunbuster is 6 episodes. It has a sequel called Diebuster which was made 20 years later. It's also 6 episodes.

Watch gunbuster
then watch diebuster

and that's literally as good as the entire mecha genre gets in that short an amount of time

like, your mind will be blown once your done
they make Gargantia look like a toddler's crayon scribbles
Jul 26, 2014 12:17 PM

Mar 2008
Senyuu~
Jul 26, 2014 12:20 PM

Apr 2012
People were raving about Ping Pong. 11 episodes

Jul 26, 2014 8:45 PM

May 2012
Most of the shows made for noitaminA fit your length limit. Take a look at the list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noitamina

For a comedy with serious themes, I suggest Hataraki Man. For a more light-hearted comedy I recommend Moyashimon (the original anime not the live-action or the second season); for a more serious story watch Mononoke after its three-episode prequel "Bake Neko" from Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales.
Jul 28, 2014 9:24 AM

Dec 2013
Nyron said:
Okay so, Gunbuster is 6 episodes. It has a sequel called Diebuster which was made 20 years later. It's also 6 episodes.

Watch gunbuster
then watch diebuster

and that's literally as good as the entire mecha genre gets in that short an amount of time

like, your mind will be blown once your done
they make Gargantia look like a toddler's crayon scribbles

precious said:
Senyuu~

Zeally said:
People were raving about Ping Pong. 11 episodes

SeijiSensei said:
Most of the shows made for noitaminA fit your length limit. Take a look at the list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noitamina

For a comedy with serious themes, I suggest Hataraki Man. For a more light-hearted comedy I recommend Moyashimon (the original anime not the live-action or the second season); for a more serious story watch Mononoke after its three-episode prequel "Bake Neko" from Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales.

Thank you all very much for the adds, they have been added in. I never said why I am collecting anime, did I?

I want to watch some of the larger series of anime like Bleach and Naruto kind of large, but not without something short to watch in between. So that is why I am looking for short anime only at the moment. Thanks again everyone and I look forward to adding more to my list!
Jul 28, 2014 9:30 AM
Jan 2009
You should probably not watch bleach and naruto
They're unending wastes of time where the plot and characters go nowhere and they eventually become jokes

More happens in 6 episodes of gunbuster than in 100+ episodes of bleach

Yu yu hakusho is really great though. Watch that
Jul 28, 2014 9:40 AM

May 2012
Hidamari Sketch and its various sequels is another good option.
Jul 28, 2014 10:41 AM

Sep 2013
precious said:
Senyuu~

ahh someone got there before me but seriously, senyuu is only about 5 minutes an episode and is hilarious, well worth a watch
Jul 28, 2014 10:50 AM

Sep 2013
Aiura is a suuuper short (12 eps at about 4 minutes per ep) comedic slice of life series with adorable characters that's well worth a watch imo
Aug 12, 2014 5:45 AM

Dec 2013
Nyron said:
You should probably not watch bleach and naruto
They're unending wastes of time where the plot and characters go nowhere and they eventually become jokes

More happens in 6 episodes of gunbuster than in 100+ episodes of bleach

Yu yu hakusho is really great though. Watch that

I actually quite enjoy Naruto and Naruto Shippuden very much and it's a good anime/manga. Bleach is something I have always wanted to check out too, but it is so long which is why I haven't and why I stopped watching Naruto. I now only follow Naruto manga and will watch the anime once it is completed, from the beginning. And the whole purpose of this thread is for me to get a mountain of short anime to watch while watching those longer series.

SeijiSensei said:
Hidamari Sketch and its various sequels is another good option.

Thank you for the many anime recommendations, they're added to my list. :)

nanayas said:
precious said:
Senyuu~

ahh someone got there before me but seriously, senyuu is only about 5 minutes an episode and is hilarious, well worth a watch

Thank you.

Narkose said:
Aiura is a suuuper short (12 eps at about 4 minutes per ep) comedic slice of life series with adorable characters that's well worth a watch imo

Thank you!

No one is naming any manga! D: Is manga not good to anyone? Come on, I'll give things away if some manga is recommended~

More topics from this board

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Yesterday

1 by Zarutaku »»
46 minutes ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

6 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

71 by rikkaheh »»
6 hours ago

» Watched one episode but forgot the name

Snailsoup - 11 hours ago

2 by Snailsoup »»
10 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Apr 23

8 by Wakarimas-en »»
Yesterday, 5:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.