MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Japanese Anime Dubbed in Chinese Mandarin (with English sub!)
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Japanese Anime Dubbed in Chinese Mandarin (with English sub!)

10-12-09, 7:19 AM

Well, I notice that Japanese animes dubbed in Chinese Mandarin are quite scarce. I thought that maybe we can share here some we know!

Chinese Mandarin is a great Language and as I studied it I found pleasant and great to watch anime dubbed in this language, it is a cool way to improve your skills as well... as long as there are English sub to help ;-), if you study mandarin as well you should consider watching it.

So far the anime dubbed in Mandarin with English sub that I know are
-Hunter X
-Astro Boy (2003)
-Dragon Ball (no surprise!)
-Saint Seiya (but the Poseidon part seems to have been dubbed by amateurs!)
-Moby Dick
-Saiyuki
-The last but not the least : Legend of the Galactic heroes : exactly! the 110 OAV are completely dubbed in Mandarin. The dubbing is really professional and all the voice actors have a very standard mandarin without any accent, a pleasure to hear! I am wondering if they dubbed it in Taiwan...

10-12-09, 8:08 AM

Cooking Master Boy, although some episodes might be in Cantonese and some in Mandarin. Basically if you took Iron Chef tv show made it into a anime ,exaggerated the cooking techniques and the main character went on a journey to be a better cook that would be cooking master boy.

10-14-09, 7:19 AM

Thx Ezi, I didn't know that one, I will try to find it, the style reminds me Mister Ajikko : same idea : a chef with crazy techniques!

Now I remember another anime dubbed in Mandarin, it was about a champion of go game but I don't remember the name...

07-09-10, 8:16 AM

Bump

Anyone got more Mandarin Animes?

07-09-10, 8:33 AM

jotunheim said:
Thx Ezi, I didn't know that one, I will try to find it, the style reminds me Mister Ajikko : same idea : a chef with crazy techniques!

Now I remember another anime dubbed in Mandarin, it was about a champion of go game but I don't remember the name...

It's Hikaru No Go.

Seen and finished all this in Chinese dubs before,
Digimon Season 1 - 4
Shakugan No Shana Season 1
Yu Yu Hakusho
Erementar Gerad
Naruto (Think the chinese dubs stop around EP150+)
Slam Dunk
Shuffle
D.N. Angel
Evangelion
Full metal Alchemist Season 1
Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny
Getbackers
Hikaru No Go
Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor
School Rumble Season 1
Canvas 2

I know that there's plenty of anime dubbed in Chinese, just hard to find online, I guess..

07-09-10, 8:56 AM

Hmmm not for mandarin, since I am from Hong Kong and Only understand the cantonese dialect. So give me Cantonese ^_^
http://shintai88.deviantart.com/ Just some of my artwork (Total Noob Btw)

07-09-10, 9:04 AM

shintai88 said:
Hmmm not for mandarin, since I am from Hong Kong and Only understand the cantonese dialect. So give me Cantonese ^_^

Hikaru No Go
Yu Gi Oh Season 0
Evangelion

That's all I can think of. And yeah, Cantonese.
Modified by WingedHao, 07-09-10, 9:09 AM

07-09-10, 9:08 AM

I rather hear Cantonese compare to Mandarin.......

05-17-13, 11:31 AM

Are Chinese/Mandarin dubbed anime good or bad (as in performance and quality-wise)? Just curious.

05-17-13, 11:33 AM

All dubs are crap and mandarin dubs are no different. If you want to hear a mandarin dub, just buy some pirated anime off ebay...
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices