Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 20, 2014 3:31 AM

May 2013
Quakecon 2014
Jul 20, 2014 3:35 AM

Oct 2012
Yeah, I'd also be pandering to the section of the community that manages to make my awful games playable if I were them.
Jul 20, 2014 3:38 AM
Nov 2009
They are obviously right about the console peasants but it was still overplayed.
Jul 20, 2014 5:51 AM

Apr 2011
They should be worrying about releasing finished games (seriously, how many glitches did Skyrim have?).
Jul 20, 2014 7:28 AM
Apr 2010
Too bad there isn't much variety in the pc's catalog. Nothing but indie games and strategy and half finished triple a titles.
Jul 20, 2014 7:36 AM
Aug 2012
It's true. Don't see anything wrong with saying that.
Jul 20, 2014 7:43 AM
Jul 2014
It's all a marketing strategy to glorify the RICH PC catalog and bring more sheeps to the herd with sales. Taken out Steam, I don't see how much the PC offers more than consoles.
Jul 20, 2014 7:48 AM

Oct 2009
Poor xbox-tan just wants to be loved.
Jul 20, 2014 1:19 PM

Jan 2013
The console library outranks the PC library though, definitely.
I mean what does the PC have besides a few shooters? Indie games? Indie? You mean platformers where the main protagonist is a child and the graphics of the game is similar to that of a child's imitation of Van Gogh? Yes. Yes it is.
Jul 20, 2014 1:36 PM

Jul 2014
Such much hate for the PC :(
Console's wouldn't be where they are without the PC.
For those people who are creatively inclined, the PC offers (or... offered?) modding mania. Why shoot generic terrorist face 10 in hi-def on console when you can blow up evil Barney 1 while rocket jumping to some heavy metal on 90's PC?
Jul 20, 2014 1:45 PM

Jan 2011
If they hadn't made Oblivion and Skyrim I may have taken him seriously.
Jul 20, 2014 2:03 PM

Jun 2014
I remember Microsoft did a test on BF3 console players vs PC players. They took top BF3 players and matched them against average PC players. Result was utter chaos for console players. They couldn't match up against PC players.

If I can find the link I'll cite it.

Jul 20, 2014 3:57 PM

Jul 2012
Bethesda confirmed for being unprofessional. There's no good reason for some people (such as myself) for prioritizing PC above all else. Most Japanese games don't make it to PC (legally). And the PC lacks action/adventure games and 3D platformers and collectathons.

Also:

EDIT:
http://i.imgur.com/zvSBk8s.png
TrishaCatJul 20, 2014 5:40 PM
Jul 20, 2014 4:43 PM

Jun 2008
He had some points, but since I am far from a PC tech, I prefer game consoles.
Jul 20, 2014 4:48 PM

Sep 2011
apachelsalvador said:
It's all a marketing strategy to glorify the RICH PC catalog and bring more sheeps to the herd with sales. Taken out Steam, I don't see how much the PC offers more than consoles.
Well it sued to be because of mods but depressingly enough mods are becoming a dying breed.

That and graphically soon to be outdated looking games will look better on pc than consoles. I think the only real advantage pc has is shooters are way more fun with mouse and keyboard(well first person shooters, 3rd person shooters feel terrible as well as most other genres of games). You can plug in a controller which is cool but i tend to find myself just getting them on my consoles and then get most my shooters on pc.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 20, 2014 4:58 PM

Jun 2008
yhunata said:
They should be worrying about releasing finished games (seriously, how many glitches did Skyrim have?).
All open world games tend to have many bugs. At least they make patches to fix them.
Jul 20, 2014 5:47 PM

Oct 2009
Udgey said:
Better have a source for that.
Jul 20, 2014 6:16 PM

Jul 2012
Gogetters said:
Udgey said:

Depends on what said person means by outrank. And it also depends on someone's taste in games.

Let's use Metacritic's "Highest rated games of all time" list:
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all

A shit ton of "greatest games ever" are console games.

But besides that, it really depends on people's taste. Where are the following series on the PC?:
The Legend of Zelda, Sly Cooper, Ape Escape, Mario, Star Fox, Pokemon, Metal Gear Solid, Kingdom Hearts, Tales, Persona, Devil Summoner, mainline Shin Megami Tensei, Valkyria Chronicles, Little Tail Bronx, Fire Emblem, Jak and Daxter, Xeno series, games in the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus/The Last Guardian series, Mega Man, and Donkey Kong series? And those are series so that means multiple games, not just one. Where are they on the PC? Even Final Fantasy games to some degree are only just starting to be more put on the PC.
Jul 20, 2014 6:33 PM

Jan 2014
yhunata said:
Forget finished games, even though it was terribly broken the modding community made Skyrim into a masterpiece.

What ticks me off more is the stupid limitations of the software itself. Skyrim only utilizes 4GB max? The hell is up with that?!
Jul 20, 2014 6:35 PM

Oct 2012
Battlechili1 said:
Gogetters said:

Depends on what said person means by outrank. And it also depends on someone's taste in games.

Let's use Metacritic's "Highest rated games of all time" list:
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all

A shit ton of "greatest games ever" are console games.

But besides that, it really depends on people's taste. Where are the following series on the PC?:
The Legend of Zelda, Sly Cooper, Ape Escape, Mario, Star Fox, Pokemon, Metal Gear Solid, Kingdom Hearts, Tales, Persona, Devil Summoner, mainline Shin Megami Tensei, Valkyria Chronicles, Little Tail Bronx, Fire Emblem, Jak and Daxter, Xeno series, games in the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus/The Last Guardian series, Mega Man, and Donkey Kong series? And those are series so that means multiple games, not just one. Where are they on the PC? Even Final Fantasy games to some degree are only just starting to be more put on the PC.

Metal Gear Solid/MGS2 and MGR are on PC, lmao. Also, you can just emulate a huge amount of that stuff, and have it look far superior to console versions when it comes to PS2/Gamecube/Wii. I'm not trying to shit on consoles, just saying you should do more research. If we want to talk about console stuff that is literally unplayable on PC in any way, let's talk about all the good original Xbox games.
Jul 20, 2014 6:40 PM

Jul 2012
Ruiner87 said:

Metal Gear Solid/MGS2 and MGR are on PC, lmao. Also, you can just emulate a huge amount of that stuff, and have it look far superior to console versions when it comes to PS2/Gamecube/Wii. I'm not trying to shit on consoles, just saying you should do more research. If we want to talk about console stuff that is literally unplayable on PC in any way, let's talk about all the good original Xbox games.

Oh wow. I had no idea that MGS and MGS2 were on PC. Man, I'm surprised. I do do some research, but I hadn't realized.
As for emulation....Honestly I was already aware of the ability to download ROMs and emulate them and/or emulate games off of a disc on the PC. I just disregarded it due to legality and/or the fact that developers aren't making cash off of their consoles by emulating.
Jul 20, 2014 6:51 PM

Oct 2012
Battlechili1 said:
Oh wow. I had no idea that MGS and MGS2 were on PC. Man, I'm surprised. I do do some research, but I hadn't realized.
As for emulation....Honestly I was already aware of the ability to download ROMs and emulate them and/or emulate games off of a disc on the PC. I just disregarded it due to legality and/or the fact that developers aren't making cash off of their consoles by emulating.

Outside of digital downloads, developers aren't making money from the sales of most of these games anyway. My purchasing of Jet Set Radio Future from someone on ebay doesn't fund SEGA, nor does the purchasing of games that have already been shipped and are effectively out of print (Valkryia Chronicles, for example). I can understand not considering emulation due to the legality of it, but it doesn't bother me. If I want to play Front Mission 5, you can bet that I'm going to emulate and patch it with a fan translation, rather than buy an NTSC-J PS2 and a physical copy of the game, which I'd then have to go to the trouble of patching, etc. anyway.

Also, I wouldn't be using Metacritic as a metric for looking at "great" games. Many of the older, great PC games simply aren't listed or don't have critic scores (DOOM, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, etc.) yet manage to have higher user scores than overhyped console releases that have become common in the last decade. Game reviewers are corrupt.
Jul 21, 2014 1:12 PM

May 2013
All this butthurt.
Jul 21, 2014 4:22 PM

Nov 2011
There's always that few in a community that realize how embarrassed they feel to be part of that community. I mean because of arrogance.
Jul 21, 2014 4:27 PM

May 2012
I don't see what cons a PC has since you can make it do anything a console can.

That said, I still owe a part of my childhood to consoles so I don't dislike them or anything.

More topics from this board

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Apr 17

29 by loligoth666 »»
1 hour ago

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

28 by Timeline_man »»
2 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3716 by Jeritorias »»
Yesterday, 9:57 AM

» 2 questions about Danganronpa series

Bright_Horn - Apr 19

3 by RobertsahDHDA »»
Apr 21, 10:48 PM

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

2 by Euroqean »»
Apr 21, 7:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.