Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 20, 2014 5:19 AM

Apr 2009
Because Pupa and Urda are still worse. Mahouka may get a 1/10, though.
But out of interest: When does Blade Dance get better?

And I like quite a few LN, just not this kind.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 20, 2014 5:19 AM

Aug 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Beast666 said:

God if they could only adapt school romcom LNs, can't they just bring one like Psycome ? At least that one is interesting

Lol no, that's just more of the same with some edgy facade wrapped around it.
I'd like Uchouten Kazuko or Jinrui S2...

Well, the thing is that these type of LNs are the only thing they would adapt atm.

And yeah i also want Jinrui S2 as well, but if we seeing the trend...
Jul 20, 2014 5:21 AM

Oct 2010
Nidhoeggr said:

Ironically, that part wont appear on the anime for sure. Blade Dance getting better happen around volume 5 or 6. But only a small improvement.
Jul 20, 2014 5:21 AM

Mar 2012
Nidhoeggr said:

When Est enter the picture. She is objectively the best character of the cast.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 20, 2014 5:22 AM
Feb 2012
If they need to adapt cliched LN that badly, then at least go for something decent like Index. Give us more of that rather than the garbage that is, well, the kind of novels this very thread is dedicated to.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 20, 2014 5:25 AM

Mar 2012
Rachmaninow said:
If they need to adapt cliched LN that badly, then at least go for something decent like Index. Give us more of that rather than the garbage that is, well, the kind of novels this very thread is dedicated to.
Another season of Index is the same as another season for DxD. Not a matter of if just a matter of when.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 20, 2014 5:26 AM

Dec 2011
Sometimes I wonder just how sad someone's life would have to be for them to spend hours of every day spewing hate and insults at something just because it doesn't suit their personal preferences.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 20, 2014 5:31 AM

Nov 2011
kuuderes_shadow said:
Sometimes I wonder just how sad someone's life would have to be for them to spend hours of every day spewing hate and insults at something just because it doesn't suit their personal preferences.

b-but muh opinions

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 20, 2014 5:40 AM

Nov 2011
Uh..idk how I feel about 8bit adapting this but we'll see what happens.
Jul 20, 2014 5:41 AM

Aug 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:

I'm wondering the same thing. They must be constantly refreshing pages until a thread comes up where they can leave their hate comments.
.................................................................................
Jul 20, 2014 6:10 AM

Apr 2012
Wait what?

Whatever I read now is getting an adaptation?

I should start reading a lot more then.
Romedbaumann said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

I'm wondering the same thing. They must be constantly refreshing pages until a thread comes up where they can leave their hate comments.

Some people are simply ignorant.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jul 20, 2014 6:28 AM

Mar 2011
Looks interesting. I will probably check it out.
Jul 20, 2014 6:43 AM

Aug 2013
Woahhh.. had a feeling this would happen.
But as usual I'll read the light novel first.. XD
Jul 20, 2014 6:47 AM

Jun 2013
I would love to get a light novel adaptation which isn't ecchi nor harem. Oh well atleast I can dream.
Jul 20, 2014 7:15 AM

Apr 2014
Meh I'll pass....why doesn't LN like Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria get an anime adaption? I know its hard to adapt it but they could at least try.
Jul 20, 2014 7:16 AM

Apr 2012
Z4k said:
Meh I'll pass....why doesn't LN like Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria get an anime adaption? I know its hard to adapt it but they could at least try.

Money.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jul 20, 2014 7:25 AM

Jan 2013
Some Light novel adaptations are good. most are shit. this falls under shit. 100%.
Jul 20, 2014 7:29 AM
Mar 2010
YumeHunter said:
I would love to get a light novel adaptation which isn't ecchi nor harem. Oh well atleast I can dream.

And I am still waiting for the day when a nice historical/fantasy LN for female viewers gets made into an anime. Sigh, Saiunkoku Monogatari...

OT, this anime isn't for me so I won't watch it. Still, nice to see a white haired female as the main harem girl.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 20, 2014 7:34 AM

Aug 2013
Sounds pretty interesting, actually. But then again, there are so many school+fighting anime coming out...

Though the preview seems pretty epic. :-)
Jul 20, 2014 7:36 AM

Jul 2013
TheNaturalPerm said:
Some Light novel adaptations are good. most are shit. this falls under shit. 100%.
But if the adaptation hasn't even been made yet how can it fall into any category other than "green-lit"?

If instead you mean light novels themselves then you'd be spot on.
Jul 20, 2014 8:04 AM

Sep 2013
PEOPLE

Jul 20, 2014 8:16 AM

Nov 2008
Can we get a LN adaptation that isn't a action/fantasy/harem series for once. Give me something unique or anime with a premise that I haven't watched yet.

Jul 20, 2014 8:24 AM
Apr 2012
Still sad to see people like Nidhoeggr judging a series before it airs. They really irritate me. There are others but you can Nidhoeggr is the worst, you can guarantee this ignorant little fella will be in every LN adaptation thread spouting nonsense.

Had my eye on reading this for a while so I may as well wait for the anime now.
Jul 20, 2014 8:30 AM

Mar 2013
Am I the only guy that is glad that any Light Novel get any adaptation, no matter how terrible it is?

I'm just happy to see it animated and voiced, and of course hopefully entertaining OP and ED song.

Some people aren't happy with what they get sometimes ._.
Jul 20, 2014 8:52 AM

Sep 2013
Hoppy said:
Can we get a LN adaptation that isn't a action/fantasy/harem series for once. Give me something unique or anime with a premise that I haven't watched yet.

maybe 2 years from now
Jul 20, 2014 9:37 AM

Mar 2013
Same crap as always gets animated from the light novel... it's Infinite Stratos version 1,000,000, everyone. Enjoy all the fan-service, "pervert!" shouts, annoying MC, and wanna-be-mecha action. I won't be around, my brain cells were destroyed enough already by this constant garbage. Only the title of the series, names of the characters and the length of their hair is different.
Jul 20, 2014 10:18 AM

May 2010
Another day, another generic LN adaptation.

It feels great to be vindicated.
Jul 20, 2014 10:56 AM

Apr 2012
Kudos to everyone that's not judging something as shit before it even airs.

Getting on topic this doesn't seem too bad. Will definitely check it out.
Jul 20, 2014 10:59 AM

Sep 2012
Looks like shit.
Jul 20, 2014 11:06 AM

Jan 2013
Kabuto90 said:

Getting on topic this doesn't seem too bad. Will definitely check it out.

you can judge 98/100 anime by synopsis, cover and genres alone. anime rarely ever conceals its target audience. that's the kind of medium it is

if they want to market their show to creepy otaku, the synopsis/cover will inform you of that
Jul 20, 2014 11:11 AM

Jul 2013
I've been planning on reading the novels. Hmm.. I don't know if I'll wait for the anime or not. Decisions decisions.
Jul 20, 2014 11:15 AM

Dec 2011
Hoppy said:
Can we get a LN adaptation that isn't a action/fantasy/harem series for once.

They are a minority of the LN series getting adapted. It's just that a certain group of people like twisting everything that gets announced in order to try to force it into squeezing into that mould, creating the impression that that's all that gets adaptations. It had even started to fool me before I went off and actually checked the series that have anime coming up...
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 20, 2014 11:16 AM

Dec 2012
[-insert obligatory useless LN hate comment-]

online sucks so much sometimes.
Jul 20, 2014 11:33 AM

May 2013
Red_Keys said:
Looks like shit.

Indeed it does.

Jul 20, 2014 11:34 AM

Nov 2011
Don't people get tired of posting the exact same comments in every thread? Thank god some places have rules against this.

Jul 20, 2014 11:40 AM

Mar 2012
Oh my god, these haters. Especially that dragon avatar guy, fuck. Why does people hate on these upcoming LN adapations that I KNOW I will love? What's wrong with being pandered by erotic lolis with a generic shit plot? Why are you watching anime?

Just enjoy your 2D girls and live with it, nerds.
Jul 20, 2014 11:40 AM

Nov 2011
Subpyro said:
Kabuto90 said:

I have a friend who has read this novel. He said it easily falls in the league of shit. Why? Because 95% is a copy of other crap light novels (Infinite Stratos alike), and that 5% is maybe original. Therefore, final conclusion, it's shit that you've already seen many times before.

Some of us like to form our own opinions.

Do you guys really need to post in every single LN thread to remind everybody about how much you hate this genre? I think we get it by now.

Jul 20, 2014 11:41 AM

Mar 2013
Damn, I wasn't quick enough to delete my comment. Yeah, that's the reason why I've deleted it. Mainly because if people want to be disappointed, why would someone stop them. My point wasn't that of hating, but telling why I can judge what's it gonna be like before it airs - it won't be much different than the LN.
Jul 20, 2014 11:42 AM

Nov 2011
Because we all share your taste, oh wise one.

Jul 20, 2014 11:43 AM

Mar 2013
rederoin said:

I was speaking from the quality focus, not enjoyment focus. Quality-looking, the series are shit. That's enough said. Now I don't care what you enjoy and what you don't, I'll leave your relation to the series aside. Yet, overall looking, I will share the info of the general quality the series hold. They are bland, unoriginal, predictable and shallow.
Jul 20, 2014 11:46 AM

Nov 2011
Subpyro said:
rederoin said:

I was speaking from the quality focus, not enjoyment focus. Quality-looking, the series are shit. That's enough said. Now I don't care what you enjoy and what you don't.

Enjoyment is quality. This is entertainment after-all. You can't be objective about the quality of entertainment/a tv series.

Quality-looking, the series are shit, in your opinion.

Jul 20, 2014 11:49 AM

Mar 2013
Quote my full message next time, not partly. And no, enjoyment does not equal quality. Quality of some series is a sum of all the factors, with enjoyment being only one of them. Truth be told, I smiled when I saw you say that. If that's what you believe, I don't even feel like having a discussion with you, it's a waste of my time. Just please, let this be the last time you've tried to convince someone that quality is the same as enjoyment.

While enjoyment is subjective, the rating of quality can get close to full objectivity. That is when experienced critics analyze it and compare it with the products around. Looking at the overall average, we don't need a professional to see that this will be something below the average. So please, until you learn what quality even is, try not to sound smart around it. Still, feel free to give the series a try if it's your cup of tea. I was looking at the whole picture.
SubbedJul 20, 2014 11:52 AM
Jul 20, 2014 11:54 AM

Dec 2011
Quality is the same as enjoyment, though. At least for things whose express purpose is to give enjoyment to the reader.

After all, the quality of the product is how well it achieves what it is intended for, right?

When a writer sits down to write a story, they try to come up with something that they and/or their readers will enjoy. They don't sit down with the intention of something that can present their writing skills in a favourable light when subjected to literary analysis. Or at least, most don't. When they do, it's always obvious because the story is invariably utter trash.
Jul 20, 2014 11:58 AM

Nov 2011
Subpyro said:

While enjoyment is subjective, the rating of quality can get close to full objectivity. That is when experienced critics analyze it and compare it with the products around. Looking at the overall average, we don't need a professional to see that this will be something below the average. So please, until you learn what quality even is, try not to sound smart around it. Still, feel free to give the series a try if it's your cup of tea. I was looking at the whole picture.

No, it can't be objective. People having different tastes or a different opinion as to what makes a good story/characters proofs that.

Jul 20, 2014 11:58 AM

Mar 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
Quality is the same as enjoyment, though. At least for things whose express purpose is to give enjoyment to the reader.

Even though this is a light novel, those still do and are expected to hold some quality. Not complexity, but quality. If the point the author is trying to come across is achieved greatly, for example pure comedy, that can already be seen as quality overall. However, if something is simply copied from something mainstream and bland, it is there purely to squeeze the profit, not to bring something new and original to the scene. That, in any shape, cannot be seen as something of higher quality. Quite the opposite, and the critics around tend to give appropriate scores due to that being the case.

rederoin said:
No, it can't be objective. People having different tastes or a different opinion as to what makes a good story/characters proofs that.

Alright, excuse me if I offended you in any way whatsoever. You are correct, it's the way you say it.
SubbedJul 20, 2014 12:03 PM
Jul 20, 2014 12:08 PM

Oct 2012
interesting o.o thought I haven't really been keeping up to date with the manga this is good news *w*

Jul 20, 2014 12:11 PM

Dec 2011
You can't use originality as a measure of objective quality, because what counts as original is (excluding the clear cut case of copy/paste style plagiarism) itself subjective.

Furthermore, you can never claim anything in fiction to be original. The closest you can do is simply say that you yourself as the reader/viewer have never come across such a thing before. Which kind of defies the point.

And no, something sharing lots of traits with another series is not an inherently bad thing. The best series are those which take things that have been done before and do them better than they've been done before. The previous versions may indeed be bland, but that doesn't in any way impact on the quality of the new product, because the new product isn't copying. And, except in parody (which is yet another reason why originality can't be used to measure quality), to claim something as copying another is a very serious claim, and not one to be undertaken lightly. It certainly shouldn't be used just to describe things with shared characteristics.

Why do I seem to recall having pretty much this exact same argument with you before?

And what the hell is with the 'even though this is a light novel' comment? The exact same argument stands for all works of fiction. Who the publisher is is irrelevent.
Jul 20, 2014 12:19 PM

Apr 2013
Does this LN have a mal page?
Jul 20, 2014 12:20 PM

Dec 2011
http://myanimelist.net/manga/51025/Absolute_Duo
Jul 20, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2013
Thanks. Shouldn't it be linked in the OP?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 5 hours ago

10 by Avery20 »»
10 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
5 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
5 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
8 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.