Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2008 9:11 AM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really liked this episode. The whole thing with Tajima having to translate for Mihashi cracked me up. ^.^ And was funny to see Abe reasserting himself as the seme (which is kind of funny since he's the catcher, right? ;) ).

And the tension! The tension! Can you believe that they got another run just like that?!

I can't wait for the next episode. (And how awesome is Central for getting these out back to back like this?! Thank you!!!) Ganbare, Nishiura!

P.S. I use a lot of exclamation points on this board.
lowellJan 31, 2008 9:30 AM
Jan 31, 2008 11:55 AM

Jan 2008
Highlights:
Mihashi being a little too worried about Abe
Mihashinese
Tajima, the master translator of Mihashinese
GANBAREEEE - by Chiyo

On a side note, Tsun Tsun Dere Dere = Abe Abe Takaya Takaya.
Jan 31, 2008 12:30 PM

Oct 2006
Central Anime is so cool.
I will rock your world ;-)

Jan 31, 2008 2:52 PM

Jan 2007
It's getting so intense. I am lovin it.
Jan 31, 2008 4:12 PM

Jan 2008
I literally screamed at my at my computer when Abe called for a curveball; the dramatic suspense used in this series is amazing. Great episode, but only three left.
Mar 19, 2008 6:35 PM

Oct 2007
OMG the middle of this ep was crazy. at first i was so frustrated i was about to scream out" mihashi the ball is right behind you!!!" and "JUST THROW IT TO ABE!!!!" and then i couldnt stop LAUGHING when mihashi got all tense and abe like yelled at him. it was so hysterical. I just love abe and mihashi so much, and tajima for being able to understand mihashi hahaa.

its getting so exciting!!!!
Nov 27, 2008 12:15 AM

Jan 2008
3 more episodes to go.
Things are getting intense. XD

Mihashi's facial expressions are always so funny. XD
May 21, 2009 4:05 PM

Jul 2008
I love this game, so intense. I can't beleive Abe didn't block the plate that first time.
Oct 19, 2010 2:39 AM

Sep 2008
I still think they're going to lose for some reason.
I don't why this game takes so long... it's like every inning is super important.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2010 1:12 AM

Jul 2008
Abe is such a tsundere. xD

BEGINNER
Dec 29, 2010 6:17 AM

Feb 2009
Tajima translating Mihashi's hand signs made lol.Great episode,so funny and so intense at the same time.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Aug 2, 2011 11:50 AM

Nov 2007
Abe is so <3 Such a tsundere.
Hand signal translations ftw.
I think the match will finish in the next episode.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jul 9, 2012 3:05 PM

Jun 2011
I guess I am the only one who hated Mihashi hestitated to throw the ball back home
ToG25thBaamJul 9, 2012 3:23 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 11, 2013 12:20 PM

Mar 2011
Natsu12345 said:
I guess I am the only one who hated Mihashi hestitated to throw the ball back home

It was pretty dumb. All my years of watching baseball, I've never seen anything like it.
Sep 22, 2013 3:53 AM

Jun 2011
HawthorneKitty said:
I don't why this game takes so long... it's like every inning is super important.

It IS important, every inning, every pitch, every at-bat, and every run/steal base, that's why it has so much tension and the pressure is almost killing me, worrying that they might make a mistake or something *doki-doki*

TowardsTheStars said:
Natsu12345 said:

It was pretty dumb. All my years of watching baseball, I've never seen anything like it.

Now that I am rewatching this, it's nothing special already, to me at least, it's not as frustrating, though it's still stupid >.>
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 22, 2013 6:01 PM

May 2012
ToG25thBaam said:
HawthorneKitty said:

It IS important, every inning, every pitch, every at-bat, and every run/steal base, that's why it has so much tension and the pressure is almost killing me, worrying that they might make a mistake or something *doki-doki*

TowardsTheStars said:
Natsu12345 said:

Now that I am rewatching this, it's nothing special already, to me at least, it's not as frustrating, though it's still stupid >.>

I agree.. He shouldn't have hesitated throwing it back to Abe. It's very crucial. Hehe, 1st time I disliked Mihashi for that. But anyway, his face is way too funny I just have to shake it off..
Jul 5, 2014 5:55 PM

Apr 2014
rebelakuma said:
ToG25thBaam said:

I agree.. He shouldn't have hesitated throwing it back to Abe. It's very crucial. Hehe, 1st time I disliked Mihashi for that. But anyway, his face is way too funny I just have to shake it off..

I'm pretty sure stupid was the point. That's why Abe was so furious. The others weren't as much because 1) Mihashi the baby bird and 2) they couldn't see his hesitance at throwing the ball like Abe had. Plus, Abe did raged enough for all of them. (LOL THAT SCENE)

It's interesting 'cause it plays into Mihashi's lingering insecurities. He has gained a lot of confidence but that mental strength on the mound is entirely structured around receiving Abe's signs. But if Abe is injured and can't catch... how can he pitch a winning game? His confidence in himself is dependent on his confidence on Abe.

But of course, Abe screams at him to throw and Mihashi will follow through whether he wants to or not. 'Cause disobeying Abe is a greater risk than possible injury, since receiving signs is entirely dependent on Abe's approval in his behavior.

Of course, Abe needs to give signs as much as Mihashi needs to receive them, so that entire line of thinking is based on a faulty reality. But that (idiotic) line of thinking is what saved them from Mihashi's rare stubborn streak (looking at you, episode 2), so... Results? *awkward laugh*
Sep 15, 2015 10:05 PM

Jul 2013
Lol at that scene where Tajima translates Mishashi speak for Abe to understand XD.Tajima makes a great buffer for those two lol.

currycurry said:

It's interesting 'cause it plays into Mihashi's lingering insecurities. He has gained a lot of confidence but that mental strength on the mound is entirely structured around receiving Abe's signs. But if Abe is injured and can't catch... how can he pitch a winning game? His confidence in himself is dependent on his confidence on Abe.

I agree with this.As we've seen in the anime so far, Mihashi seems more confident/comfortable on the mound in himself and his skills when Abe is sitting behind the home plate catching for him.So I guess from his perspective, having someone collide into Abe and injure him is worse that giving up a run and help the opponents's team.As silly as his hesitation to throw back home might have been, I think it continues to shows how important Abe's existence on the team is for Mihashi.
Oct 28, 2015 5:07 PM
Sep 2009
Mihashi needs to get a grip, he is too Abe dependant. And they really need to hurry up the pace. That's like whole season on one game.

Otherwise good.
Nov 10, 2016 8:40 PM
Feb 2015
they earn a run each inning seriously?
Aug 2, 2017 2:37 AM
Jan 2015
Again main character is being a B*tch... 22 episodes in and I still incredibly hate the main character, how am i supposed to relate to him.... I just can't... I just don't know how people can like the fact that he risked the game just because he didn't want Abe to get hurt.... That's the same thing as not trusting the catcher. All the facial expressions he makes just make me cringe and even more mad... I pray to god that the next episodes are going to different (considering i been hoping for this from the start of the anime i doubt it) or at least in the next season he will have grown a pair...
Mar 1, 2019 3:14 AM

Feb 2013
That scared me, I thought Abe was injured.
Jul 21, 2021 7:29 AM

Dec 2020
mihashi getting worried about abe T____T tousei is also showing more how they won last years competition by taking another lead. we're in the final moments of this match im so nervous oh god

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 12 Discussion

Faust721 - Dec 9, 2007

22 by TRC_Randy »»
Feb 4, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 5 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Aug 2, 2007

19 by Dywei »»
Jan 29, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 9 Discussion

Xinil - Sep 12, 2007

24 by Twicky_ »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:51 AM

» MC's personnality

_Kudo_ - Aug 29, 2023

2 by _Kudo_ »»
Aug 29, 2023 10:40 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 17 Discussion

lowell - Jan 3, 2008

27 by ims-tokyo »»
Jan 20, 2023 11:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.