Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 23, 2014 6:32 PM
May 2014
sanjithecook123 said:
Jayns said:
Thats it, i cannot take it anymore.. Today marks the day i start reading the manga.. PEACE!

Have fun! It'll be one crazy ride!!

You weren't kidding.. I am up to date with the manga now. I am so happy i started reading, lol.
Jul 24, 2014 5:05 AM

Jun 2010
Damn I was freaking out the last few minutes when the Straw Hats were discovered. I knew somebody was coming to save them... as most of the guys on the ship are useless against such a huge enemy lol.

I didn't expect it to be Sanji though, but oh my... that was such a badass entrance.

Jul 25, 2014 11:24 AM

May 2012
Anybody have any idea whats the name of the music playing at the beggining of the episode? by that i mean the music at the recap.
Jul 25, 2014 5:12 PM
May 2014
jadxw said:
Anybody have any idea whats the name of the music playing at the beggining of the episode? by that i mean the music at the recap.

The music playing at the beginning of the recap is The Strawhats Counterattack OST
Jul 25, 2014 8:33 PM

May 2012
Jayns said:
jadxw said:

The music playing at the beginning of the recap is The Strawhats Counterattack OST

Thanks my friend!
Jul 26, 2014 6:00 AM

Mar 2010
I was hoping to see zorro there.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 27, 2014 5:00 AM

May 2013
Mixed reviews for this episode, I found it to be decent it had a great ending though amazing set up for Sanji vs Doflamingo!

Jul 27, 2014 9:31 AM

Sep 2009
AhmedHan said:
I don't understand why Law doesn't change locations of Doflamingo and an underwater rock with his ability. So that Doflamingo will be submerged into the sea and will die inevitably.
Haha not sure if his room can reach the rocks, but a fish will do.
Jul 29, 2014 8:41 PM
Jul 2014
AhmedHan said:
I don't understand why Law doesn't change locations of Doflamingo and an underwater rock with his ability. So that Doflamingo will be submerged into the sea and will die inevitably.

Probably because since Devil Fruit Users are super weak to the seawater, likewise their abilities do not work with anything in the water. The same concept would be applied to, say, Robin, if she tried to use her ability to pick something out of the water. It wouldn't work.
Jul 30, 2014 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
Animation was pretty bad and so was the pace.
Jul 31, 2014 7:39 AM
Jul 2014
Awesome ending but otherwise it was a average episode. 3/5
Sep 3, 2014 12:13 AM

Jan 2014
I'm pretty sure I saw Batman among the contenders. And then, suddenly Sanji!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 31, 2014 1:56 PM

Mar 2012
THE
HYPE
IS
REAL

The ever so reliable Sanji to the rescue!
Mar 4, 2015 5:32 AM
Jan 2015
i don't get why thy named this episode ''doflamingo vs sanji'' it wasn't really a battle lol but now it's gonna be law vs joker so exiting
Jun 3, 2015 10:34 PM

Apr 2009
Wow even Doflamingo acknowledges Sanji to be tough one. Either Doflamingo is trolling or not but Sanji has leveled-up indeed! XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 23, 2015 3:24 AM

Jun 2015
Dayum so intense.
Jan 28, 2016 11:51 AM

Mar 2015
super boring and super predictable. I wish they did the thing were sanji goes super saiyen like he did in punk hazard, that would have been more badass. Animation was poor, this ep could have been a whole lot better
Aug 5, 2016 11:20 PM

Mar 2015
Nice, Sanji to the rescue! I have a feeling he's a leading candidate for the Flame-Flame Fruit!! Diable Jambe would be so much awesomer with it after all
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 8, 2016 11:39 PM

May 2013
I was wondering when Sanji would get there cuz he left to save them ages ago. Ofc he'd appear in the knick of time. But Doffy is stronger ofc. At least Sanji wouldn't die pathetically like the others. Doffy could easily kill the rest of the Sunny Go team ~___~

So many people need to train. Yes, they've gotten stronger, but they're all still too weak for the New World.
Feb 18, 2017 2:26 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Sanji appears in the last second!!!!

The Law´s plan end bad :(
May 1, 2017 12:25 PM

May 2014
BOOOOIIIIIIIII
Sanji gonna take a big fat loss though, let's be real here. Not even Zoro, Law, or Luffy could 100% solo Doffy, so the best Sanji can prolly do is buy time.

Gotta love Doffy though- I laughed when Chopper saw him flying towards them through the binoculars XD

Also nice to see that Doffy might be a psychotic sadist, but that he isn't underestimating the Straw Hats like Croc and Moriah initially did. He wants to get the job done asap, hence him getting so heavily involved instead of twiddling his thumbs like so many previous villains have done.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2019 3:45 AM

Jun 2016
This was a crazy episode, but before going into the sequence that made me frantically scream I should touch on the earlier moments. We started with D block of the colosseum and got to know all the tough lads in the fight, the mystery of “Damask” and the power of Mummy make them the ones that interest me the most at first glance. After that, we had a glorious pretty boy fight between Cavendish and Gardoa. It was nice to see Cavendish dancing around gleefully and taunting Gardoa, despite how goofy he is he does know when to be serious and since Gardoa stole some of his love he went in!! “Do you see this Luffy, they’re cheering for me!!” After that Rebecca showed us more of her deflective pacifistic style and was put in a bad spot.

The Green Bit sequence started with some more information about Doflamingo. He said that he used to be a Celestial Dragon which goes with that theory I had about him denouncing his blood and hiding his position as a Dragon so that he could earn his prestige rather than have it given to him. That may not be it, but with him still being able to reach out to his Dragon family and ask them for help when he’s in an incredibly tough spot, it seems to suggest he didn’t leave his noble background on bad terms. He’s still connected to them after all. And I wonder if Fujitora always knew this calling him “Heavenly(World Noble) Demon(Warlord/Pirate)” as my interpretation at least. Regardless, Doflamingo is a tease and told everyone only enough about his past to make them interested and then headed off to kill the Straw Hats. I wonder why he explained himself to Fujitora and Law, did he get anything out of that? As for the Straw Hats, despite Doflamingo sounding as if he is underestimating Luffy by calling him a punk in the past, he does acknowledge his feats, taking down two prior warlords and Lucci. Before moving on, Doflamingo gave an interesting line, “What is ‘blood’, what is ‘destiny’? I don’t think there are many who’ve led such a checkered life as mine.” The manga goes further by saying “who has carved such checkered and hapless a life such as myself?” "Carved" comes off as far more purposeful than "led" in why it was so checkered. This may go to suggest he didn’t willingly give up his title as a Celestial Dragon and it only makes us more curious about just what kind of a life he’s lived… I also find it charming that Vergo knowing Doflamingo's past helps make it feel that they had a bond.

It was after this that I frantically screamed while watching twice. I had a suspicion that Law had swapped Caesar’s heart and his own, but with how much he shows his chest and how there were other hearts he could do so with, it’s pretty obvious he’d take one of the navy’s. After this was established, Law caught wind of Nami-ya approaching Green bit and only here did he show that he could escape the gravity hold because it would have been futile to do it before he had a chance to get Caesar to the Sunny! As he teleported away twice and grabbed Caesar in the blink of an eye I did my first scream, “HELL YEAH!!” He blasted through the jungle showing off exactly why he saved his energy on the bridge, it was so he could substitute himself every fricking second and survive the onslaught of Doflamingo. He was trying to lead Doflamingo to the bridge, drop Caesar off on the Sunny, and then hold Doflamingo there. That’s almost asking to die but Fujitora did want Law alive and with Caesar in the Sunny Security team’s hands they could always threaten to kill Caesar if Doflamingo killed Law. Caesar can’t save them in the way he could before as they are in Doflamingo’s territory, but it does still give them a serious advantage on Doffy.

Yet unfortunately, clear information could not reach the Sunny and they were unaware of the fighting fish. This alerted Doflamingo of the plan and understanding what was happening, he chose to target and slaughter the weak link of the team. As he flew towards the Sunny, I literally didn’t know what they could do, the fighting fish fled, and our cast was about to die. This is a benefit of anime over manga, of course I love predicting things and speculating and when reading manga I am able to pause and say “how can they survive this?”. If I was reading I would have thought about the gears in play and known Sanji would save them, but I couldn’t think of that fast enough! So when he flew through the sky and kicked the hell out of Doflamingo I shouted once more. It was a total relief, but this is still awful. An admiral and a warlord are here. Law is incredibly tired and injured. And there is no way Sanji can do more than buy time, no offense to my man, but Vergo was beating him! This is the kind of content I’d expect from the Law/Doflamingo/Fujitora meeting and this tension has been severely lacking recently. So, I was glad for such an insane episode.
Apr 30, 2020 12:44 AM
Jul 2018
When Nami said “It’d be too cruel to dump her into the sea,” after Giolla literally attempted to murder them all.......…

....... what happened to the good, old-fashioned pirate brutality from early One Piece…
Apr 30, 2020 12:44 AM
Jul 2018
I liked when Doflamingo went after the ship, and Law screamed “They have nothing to do with this!” and then “DOOON’T!”… It really showed his compassion for them and/or his worry over the innocent.

I also liked when Sanji said “My friends are crying in fear! Leave them alone!” … Typically, he’ll just get angry about someone making Nami comfortable and say “How dare you treat a woman like that,” but Sanji was obviously concerned over everyone’s well-being.
Apr 30, 2020 9:13 PM
Apr 2020
Sanji the hero!!! Finally he came back to the ship with the rest.. he initially is assigned to Sunny team but got distracted!! This kind of moment make me realized one of the monster trio always should stay with Sunny cuz the ship is one of their most important thing or Nami and the rest should juz get stronger enough to hold on their own with enemies.. And I really like the fact that Law actually care abt SHs and considerate of them even tho he is nonchalant type.. Doffy is as always dangerous, intimidating and cool af!!
Jan 25, 2021 1:51 AM

May 2016
Oh my SANJI! We haven’t seen enough of him lately!
Mar 19, 2021 6:37 AM

May 2016
It's impressive that Trafalgar still got that much game this far into his troublesome two-way development. It's also a huge relief that Sanji was able to interrupt Doflamingo's attack at the most important moment!

Aug 2, 2021 7:44 AM

Jun 2019
Here comes Sanji... my boy.
Aug 13, 2021 12:57 PM

Oct 2015
I noticed in earlier episodes that Cavendish sounds like Zura from Gintama, but this speech of his really reminds me of him. Damn I got goosebumbs even though even though he's a minor character lmao
Aug 26, 2021 7:36 AM

Aug 2021
Boring episode at D-block fights they just showed mins of rebecca's legs moving around and introduced some people who'll get their ass kicked in the arena

The trafalgar half was exciting with Sanji's entrance and my guess is he's gonna get his ass beaten up

Apr 2, 2022 12:58 PM
Dec 2020
Inugirlz said:
PrimeX said:
ahahah seeing someone say this makes me feel good about myself! yeah I've been patient for years and still counting! but I can't blame you though.

anyway nice save there Sanji! woooo!

I'm about ready to join you! As much as I've enjoyed my One Piece on Saturday/Sunday mornings, this pace is destroying the plot.

Like there is no reason Nami, Brook AND Chopper took so long to defeat that pathetic art lady.
i know this comment is 8 years old but yes, its sad that one piece has come to this. the pre-time skip was trully much much better than post-time skip
Apr 2, 2022 1:32 PM

Jul 2009
Machovskyzavin said:
Inugirlz said:

I'm about ready to join you! As much as I've enjoyed my One Piece on Saturday/Sunday mornings, this pace is destroying the plot.

Like there is no reason Nami, Brook AND Chopper took so long to defeat that pathetic art lady.
i know this comment is 8 years old but yes, its sad that one piece has come to this. the pre-time skip was trully much much better than post-time skip

lol wow it is old. But yeah surprisingly i did continue watching it. I can't say the pacing gets better. Still slow asf. Dressrosa arc was probably the worst pacing.
Apr 25, 2022 11:24 AM

Dec 2012
The battle of bishounen. Cavendish is turning out to be more than just a pretty face.

Between Doflamingo & Fujitora, it's refreshing to see opponents who don't underestimate the main characters and give them constant chances to fight back.
Aug 31, 2022 5:16 AM
Oct 2020
chujowy i chuj koniec kropka
Oct 26, 2022 8:03 PM
Oct 2022
Very good. Great show.
Aug 18, 2023 7:17 AM
Oct 2019
Sanji EPIC ENTRANCE!!
Oct 17, 2023 6:39 PM
Feb 2022
Córrete repollo, que Rebecca está peleando. Doflamingo tiene mucho pasado que abarcar. Era Tenryubito, renuncio, y cuenta que tiene muchos fracasos en su haber. Quiero saber más.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 392 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Mar 8, 2009

92 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 391 Discussion

Kitschi - Mar 11, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

» I miss the old fights.

NeutralSide - Sep 14, 2023

25 by NeutralSide »»
Today, 6:42 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

328 by mihirmishra »»
Today, 5:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 229 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

42 by kejora »»
Today, 2:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.