Forum Settings
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 19, 2014 4:39 PM

Jun 2012
Simple enough, Nanatsu no Taizai has a ton of well developed characters with fleshed out backstories that really don't show in character favorites.

For disclosure my favorites are somewhere along the lines of Hauser = King > Helbram with Gowther and the rest of the cast trailing far behind. Helbram and King's backstory really struck a chord with me and I can't help but put them at the top of my list. Hauser may not be the brightest holy knight but he has a steadfast sense of morality and isn't blindly loyal to the holy knights. I'd like to say Gilthunder is one of my favorites as well but I really need to see him better exposed.
OchimushaJul 19, 2014 8:16 PM
Jul 19, 2014 4:46 PM

Dec 2012
I thought there was already a thread like this (you spelled Meliodas wrong btw). I think the favorites number will increase once the anime airs.

OT: Ban definitely. I already liked him, because he was cool in a rare way for battle manga if that's makes sense, but his backstory with King's sister, just made me love him. Second might be Meliodas. I still didn't caught up yet (planning to, in the next couple of days) so my opinion might change.

Edit: That thread wasn't about the whole cast.
Jul 19, 2014 4:56 PM

Jun 2012
tsudecimo said:
I thought there was already a thread like this (you spelled Meliodas wrong btw). I think the favorites number will increase once the anime airs.

OT: Ban definitely. I already liked him, because he was cool in a rare way for battle manga if that's makes sense, but his backstory with King's sister, just made me love him. Second might be Meliodas. I still didn't caught up yet (planning to, in the next couple of days) so my opinion might change.

Edit: That thread wasn't about the whole cast.
Yeah I looked through and saw that before I made this. Two of my three favorites aren't members of the seven and Escanor hasn't been introduced yet so I just made an all inclusive one.

My mind always slips on his name, I fixed it though.

I never loved Ban, rereading the series I actually started to dislike him for a time but I do understand the appreciation for him.
OchimushaJul 19, 2014 8:11 PM
Jul 19, 2014 6:00 PM
Jun 2014
I voted for Ban. King's a close second.
Jul 20, 2014 12:56 PM
Jun 2014
Gowther for me. Ban & King are close behind but I just really like Gowther's style and innocent bluntness.
Jul 25, 2014 8:36 PM

Dec 2012
So I caught up, and I definitely like King a lot more, and I ship him and Diane so baaad~

Ban is still my favorite character, followed by King and Meloidas.
Jul 31, 2014 2:57 PM

Aug 2013
King for sure. Seeing him go against Helbram recently just made me love him even more. He's hilarious and when he needs to get serious, he does it right
Oct 15, 2014 10:48 AM
Oct 2013
Elizabeth
She's every man's dream
Oct 15, 2014 12:11 PM

Feb 2013
Meliodas forever and ever. I fucking love him.

Oct 15, 2014 12:13 PM

Sep 2013
King Bradley Meliodas.
Oct 21, 2014 12:18 AM

Dec 2013
Ban FTW!!!
Oct 21, 2014 4:39 PM

May 2013
BAN, Obviously

Well, I like all the Sins but yet, my second vote is Gowther. Then King and Melodias. The rest of the group.

Men, I still miss Hawk ;-;
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 22, 2014 9:20 AM
Aug 2014
King's BIG FAN here :3
Oct 22, 2014 5:28 PM

Apr 2012
Diane <3
She's just amazingly amazing in many aspects~
Diane > Gowther > Ban > King and I really love Merlin's design
Oct 22, 2014 5:36 PM

Oct 2013
All characters are shit. Op should have included a none of the above action.
Nov 7, 2015 9:53 AM
Nov 2015
(SPOILERS) I just recently finished the anime and hands down, I love King. Sure, Ban's back story was horribly sad, and I'm a sucker for tragedy, but King lost two best friends, his sister and Helbram. He then proceeded to lose Helbram twice after that. The idea basically tortured his mind, but truthfully, he's still just the young Fairy King Harlequin inside. He never really had the chance to grow and mature properly, and he never meant to leave the important people in his life behind. I love him because he's doing his best to fight so that he doesn't lose anyone else. That's an amazing feat of courage, especially because all the magic abilities in the world can't help one's mental strength.
Nov 7, 2015 4:01 PM

Mar 2014
keragamming said:
All characters are shit. Op should have included a none of the above action.

Don't lie, you voted for Ban, didn't you, you slut :)

Edit: Picked Diane, 'cause she's perfect
EnigmaticalNov 7, 2015 4:26 PM

Nov 8, 2015 12:21 AM

Mar 2014
Ban!!

It's incredible just how different this poll is with Japan's votes.
Feb 16, 2016 3:14 PM
Oct 2015
scotthebrave88 said:
(SPOILERS) I just recently finished the anime and hands down, I love King. Sure, Ban's back story was horribly sad, and I'm a sucker for tragedy, but King lost two best friends, his sister and Helbram. He then proceeded to lose Helbram twice after that. The idea basically tortured his mind, but truthfully, he's still just the young Fairy King Harlequin inside. He never really had the chance to grow and mature properly, and he never meant to leave the important people in his life behind. I love him because he's doing his best to fight so that he doesn't lose anyone else. That's an amazing feat of courage, especially because all the magic abilities in the world can't help one's mental strength.

I feel the same, I don't know why people thing Ban's backstory is sadder (is that even a word? lmao) than King's tbh. I mean he (King) lost EVERYTHING! His sister, his Kingdom, his memories, his love, his best friend (as you said twice)...this dude has had it rough. King will forever be #1 in my book, followed by Gowther, I love his awkwardness lmao.
Oct 11, 2016 1:13 PM

May 2010
What's so good about King, I fail to understand. Ban and Diane are only top-tiers, also Elaine. Gowther and Merlin come close. Meliodas and Elizabeth are kinda suitable as both are annoying tho the former is one of the most annoying in the history of anime. (lets out salt)
Oct 11, 2016 1:29 PM

Feb 2014
The talking pig, of course.
Oct 11, 2016 4:01 PM

Jan 2012
Meliodas , the pig has annoying voice .

Oct 13, 2016 5:56 PM
Oct 2016
King, King, King, King, KING!!! I don't care about his backstory much, to be honest. I'm not one to like someone because of how sad their life was and how they persevered through it. I love King because he's so teaseable! An quiet, innocent soul that wears a costume that looks like a duck, is a FREAKING fairy king named Harlequinn, and has a PILLOW that he flies with! How could I not like him? I'm a sucker for adorable anime characters, and his love story with Diane is easily shippable and sweet. I also love that he isn't overpowered like the rest of them... I mean, he has his weak spots (physical power) but makes it up with brain power!! He is KILLABLE, which can't be said for all the others... it's a sign of a developed, well-rounded character. I will acknowledge his past, because it was very sad, but it doesn't define him completely. I also thought it was kind of selfish he left Elaine alone, but, like I said, weak spots but strong character! I love how he's not perfect like all the others, but glows with a soft gentleness, strong loyalty and ferocity to protect those he loves, as well as a compassionate side. He actually knows how to treat a lady, besides darting her (Just tell her the truth and stop torturing me!!), unlike Meliodas, and is sympathetic towards animals more than the rest of the sins (Certainly Gowther's the worst with that. But it's not his fault). Helbram was a cool twist, and it was nice to see how much King cared for him, but I absolutely loathe King's adult shell. Close behind is Gowther, Ban, Diane, and then Meliodas. Elizabeth is a dead last (But her and Meliodas are a cute couple! She puts back the feminist movement a hundred years!! Don't be such a door mat!). Gowther has this sort of blunt innocence that makes me giddy, Ban, well there's no need for explaining that one (Swoon), Diane is a little obnoxious with her crush on Meliodas, but she's entirely wholesome and sweet (Get with King already and do the frickle-frackle! Wait, actually, how the heck would that work 😳?), Meliodas is cool but he's such a pervert, and Elizabeth is utterly useless, annoying, and cries like there's no tomorrow. That's my analysis, I'm sorry if I offended you or you don't agree with it, but hey, I thought this was a success (Considering I'm supposed to be doing homework on polyatomic ions and memorizing them 😑).
Mar 9, 2017 7:24 PM
Mar 2017
I love Ban from 7 deadly sins I know people thinks his background isn't as sad as kings but I think the state he's in is much more sad. I haven't read the manga but I have seen the netflix show of 7 deadly sins and I think its very sad that Ban is immortal and his lover is dead. So the fact that she is dead and he can never die just means he will never have a chance to be with his lover ever again.
Mar 9, 2017 7:25 PM

Dec 2015
Diane takes first place, followed by Ban and Hawk.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 10, 2017 8:18 PM

Feb 2009
Meliodas, followed by a tie with Elizabeth and Diane, King and Ban pretty close behind.
Sep 7, 2017 11:54 AM
Sep 2017
No reason needed. He is the best
Sep 7, 2017 6:26 PM
Jul 2018
Ban, most definitely. Though, Gowther, King, and Merlin are very close seconds, so...
Sep 8, 2017 6:24 AM
Nov 2016
Merlin.
For obvious reasons

Sep 16, 2017 3:56 AM
Jul 2016
king!!! I just love him <3
Jan 16, 2018 11:46 PM
Jan 2018
Meliodas is my man... and i always wonder how he got that demon power on him ? and i'm reallyexcied for season 2 but i can't really make it a priority cause school is busy... and i really watch season 2 now.. like now..
Feb 12, 2018 2:15 PM
Feb 2018
I personally love Diane the most of all characters. She's very authentic, strong and lovable character, who does what she believes is right thing to do. And I do hope so she ends up with King.. She's too good for Meliodas.

King is another character I really like, and so is Gilthunder. Those two are propably the most sympathetic fellas in the show and very lovable male characters.

Something in Merlin makes me like her as well, I have to admit I was suspicious at first judging by her appearence, but she's a real lady boss. Unlike Elizabeth.. There's some authentic and admirable qualities in Elizabeth, but mostly I've to agree with the opinion that she's crying way too much & creating a wrong kind of image to young women.

I guess I've to show my likeness towards Meliodas & Ban as well. Those two represent more traditional male image and they're way cool too! Meliodas is possibly the most complex character of the whole show, but shows such kindness. Many don't know why he holds the title of sin of wrath.. (i do know tho) Ban on the other hand is really compassionate & caring towards those who he loves.

At first I liked Gowther, but he's kind of started to bug me.. unfortunately.

Top 3: Diane, Ban & Gilthunder.
Feb 12, 2018 2:20 PM
Feb 2018
Ohh I forgot to mention Hawk!! Gotta love him, just priceless & hilarious, the show wouldn't be the same without him.

+ The opening theme, Netsujou no spectrum is the most epic.. ahh love it. I've just been rewatching season 1 & signs of holy war again..
Feb 6, 2019 10:10 PM

Jun 2016
My favourite character would be like this

1. Zeldris
2. Melascula
3. Merlin
4. Ban/Gilthunder
5. Margaret
PrideRoyalIvyMar 11, 2019 6:16 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 47 Discussion

frozen_soul - Sep 22, 2013

10 by Zankrax »»
Jan 25, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 46 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 15, 2013

19 by Zankrax »»
Jan 25, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 45 Discussion

Candor123 - Sep 12, 2013

7 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 44 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 2, 2013

11 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 43 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Aug 26, 2013

11 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 1:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.