Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 19, 2014 3:58 PM

Apr 2014
It has come to my attention that a lot of our members are new to mafia as a game, and don't understand how to play or the rules of the game so I will define them here if you have any questions ask in here and I will help you.

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

What is a Mafia game?

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Basic mafia gameplay:

In its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, the Moderator will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while (in the basic game) everyone else will only know their own role.

The game has two phases, the first of which is Day. During Day, the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched. Their role is revealed by the Moderator, and it becomes Night.

During the Night, the thread is locked and no one can talk publicly. The Mafia, however, can speak to each other privately in their own club which the host will make for them to plot strategy and decide who to murder before the next Day begins. In this way, they can silence members of the Town who are threats to them. At the end of the Night, the murder is carried out and another Day begins. In effect, the Town gets to kill someone, and then the Mafia gets to kill someone.

The game alternates between Day and Night until either the Mafia are eliminated, or the Mafia have killed everyone else (or nothing can prevent the same).

Also please note you are not allowed to talk about the game outside of the thread for obvious reasons to keep the game fair if i or a admin find out you will be warned and if found guilty again banned.

For more tips and guides to playing mafia, please click here

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Basic Mafia game roles:

• Cop - Each Night, the Cop can investigate one player (by sending their name to the Moderator), and the Moderator will tell them whether that player is Mafia or not.

• Doctor - Each Night, the Doctor can choose one player to protect (by sending their name to the Moderator). If the Mafia (or anyone else) tries to kill that player, that kill will be prevented.

• Vigilante - Each Night, the Vigilante may kill another player (by sending their name to the Moderator).

The above roles are generally Town-aligned (pro-town).

• Mafia Goon - A Goon is a member of the Mafia with no special abilities. They can speak privately in a secret club with their fellow mafiosos and perform the factional kill (mafia kill).

• Godfather - In addition to being able to speak privately in a secret club with their fellow mafiosos and perform the factional kill (mafia kill), a Godfather appears as Innocent (or some other favorable result) to Cops.

The above roles are exclusively mafia-aligned (anti-town).

• Role-blocker - Each Night, the Role-blocker can choose a player. That player will be prevented from using their Night choice, if they have one. Role-blocker has been known to be a Town role as well as a mafia role.

• Serial Killer - The Serial Killer (often abbreviated as SK), like the Vigilante, may kill another player each Night (by sending their name to the Moderator). However, the Serial Killer is not on the Town's side or the Mafia's side. The Serial Killer wins when everyone else is dead.

They are a lot more roles but since this thread is for new people I don't know if you want me to go into that much detail. I am happy to if needed but these are the roles we will use in the basic games. Each game will be defined by a level of challenge from now on so you know how advanced the game will be the more advanced games will have special themes to show they are harder as well.

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Joining a game:

If you want to play just join our games by posting in the open sign up threads I hope this will help you understand the rules and how to play better thank you for your for reading and hope you play soon.
grave_robberMay 28, 2015 4:06 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.