Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 11, 2014 7:52 PM

Jul 2008
I've discussed this with the creator and other admins before in the past and we've all agreed this club doesn't need any games simply because that's not what we are about here. We don't want to fix what's not broken.

As for the club page, sure it's outdated but this club is pretty straightforward. What else can we do with it? I'd like to know because I for one have run out of ideas.
Sep 12, 2014 6:22 PM

Jul 2013
Hi!! I'm the new graphic designer for this club. Thanks for letting me join to the staff.

Well, my ideas are create member cards, maybe a banner... and the most important idea I have is design a table or chart (I dunno how to call it xD) with a cronological order anime news (only including confirmed)

ok that's all. If anyone has some "graphic" idea just let me know. hehehe ^^U
CastaliaSep 12, 2014 7:32 PM

100% of all dead people have never complained about being dead. So I guess it isnt that bad.
Sep 12, 2014 11:12 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
I see that both of you disagree :( and I understand. This club is more informative than anything else... but we could at least have one or two... just for the heck of it or in case. Maybe we could have more people checking the club regularly that way (we have 7,039 members and this club is always buried!!). Again, as Numi said we want awareness of NYA animes... that's our goal (?). But it wont hurt to have one or 2 :/ It can be one we all agree...
(yesss, I want a game here... even if it doesn't get a reply like for two moths lol)

Ideas for the game would either counting till x number and get a card (if LazyBunny agree), something related to anime titles, characters or the likes (related). Nothing complicated just simple (really simple :D )

Alipio said:
...As for the club page, sure it's outdated but this club is pretty straightforward. What else can we do with it? I'd like to know because I for one have run out of ideas.
Well we can update it :D even if we are straightforward we could have something better. I do have a couple of ideas and I started discussing them with our new designer ( :3 )... well any change we have in mind will be posted here. Either to get everyone opinion or to let all of you know.

Well Bunny let me say it here: "Welcome!!" jejeje

We should go with this:
* banner + layout
* chart, tables and such for main page
* member cards (MC) + 7,000+ LE (maybe)

@Numi I will need your help to organize and update the seasons list with the added relations from the update list when you get back and have some free time

@Alipio.... once we have some banners, will you put them in your Allies list for the club that appears here in the affiliated club section? I'm curious since, honestly, it should be a 2 way promotion

regarding that I'm planning to affiliate with other clubs (like the Airing anime one if they want) once we have more banners...

and I think that's all for now lol ... sorry for such a long post

(^_^)//

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Sep 13, 2014 8:42 AM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
SheyCroix said:
I see that both of you disagree :( and I understand. This club is more informative than anything else... but we could at least have one or two... just for the heck of it or in case. Maybe we could have more people checking the club regularly that way (we have 7,039 members and this club is always buried!!). Again, as Numi said we want awareness of NYA animes... that's our goal (?). But it wont hurt to have one or 2 :/ It can be one we all agree...

As I said before, it would have to depend on the game itself. Something low-key but of interest to the club members, while still being related to the club topic. Otherwise it is probably best to set aside the idea of holding games.

SheyCroix said:
We should go with this:
* banner + layout

The issue of a chart, tables and such for the main page is having to keep it updated and relevant all the time, and removing outdated info. What info did you want to include in these areas? If you meant the info of series that will begin airing soon, it's much easier to update a forum post that is directly linked from the main page, than to put that info directly there, and it will look more tidy that way.

SheyCroix said:
@Numi I will need your help to organize and update the seasons list with the added relations from the update list when you get back and have some free time

I get back home tomorrow night. Sometime between then and Tuesday evening (the evening before I head off out of the country for a while) I will get to all that. I will also be sure to send you a PM with the info of all the shows that will begin airing during the second half of September, organized by airing date. ;) I keep all that fun stuff in a text file on my desktop computer. There's only a handful for the rest of this month, and then we have all the Oct 2014 TV series that will begin airing over the course of about 2-3 weeks that month.
Sep 13, 2014 11:49 AM

Jul 2008
*semi off topic but still very relevant*

Does everyone remember why we don't have banners in the first place? They were broken i.e. the original uploader's image hosting site expired them. (My guess is photobucket because they suck and idk why they're still popular for MAL users -__-)

Well thanks to this very awesome website http://archive.org/web/ I revived the original banner and userbar and uploaded them into my imgur account. It's been a sturdy site for me so far but if anyone knows a better one please do say!

I put them back up and now I could finally affiliate my club properly for now.

@Sheycroix: Maybe you could use that site for more ideas on what to put up on the front page? (Put in the club's url into the search box and click on any of the dates)
Sep 13, 2014 12:02 PM

Jul 2008
P.S. Welcome LazyBunny! Please share your thoughts in here as well~
Sep 13, 2014 4:24 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Alipio said:
*semi off topic but still very relevant*

Does everyone remember why we don't have banners in the first place? ... Well thanks to this very awesome website http://archive.org/web/ I revived the original banner and userbar and uploaded them into my imgur account. It's been a sturdy site for me so far but if anyone knows a better one please do say!

I had not known that was the reason. But yes, Photobucket has been... somewhat unreliable as of late. I mean, I still use my two ancient accounts there for hosting some images, but by and large it's not my image hosting site of choice. It has not been in years. It's not uncommon for images uploaded there to wind up missing, broken, or deleted.

ImgUr is my go-to instead. No complaints here! (I would have to have words if it were TinyPic, though, haha.)

Anyway, I really like the banners you rescued. They look great!
Sep 13, 2014 4:32 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Numi said:
...The issue of a chart, tables and such for the main page is having to keep it updated and relevant all the time, and removing outdated info. What info did you want to include in these areas? If you meant the info of series that will begin airing soon, it's much easier to update a forum post that is directly linked from the main page, than to put that info directly there, and it will look more tidy that way.

well true... The info included is not set yet but mostly the upcoming season (titles and dates), @Bunny feel free to say more about this.
It's indeed easier to update a topic (we could save work time like that), but the idea is for the members to see them (upcoming only) in the front page. It's still an idea, we need to see how it will look and all that...

Alipio said:
Does everyone remember why we don't have banners in the first place?

I do remember since I asked about that before. Thanks for taking some time to look for those two and updating the main page~

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Sep 13, 2014 5:05 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
SheyCroix said:

The info included is not set yet but mostly the upcoming season (titles and dates), @Bunny feel free to say more about this.
It's indeed easier to update a topic (we could save work time like that), but the idea is for the members to see them (upcoming only) in the front page. It's still an idea, we need to see how it will look and all that...

Visibility is nice, I agree. It's just that including too many elements on the main page may make it too "busy", for lack of a better term. Put too much on there and people will skim over it without reading everything. Nice and concise is better to aim for. Links to the important pages potential and current club members may want to find.

How many of the most recent upcoming titles were you thinking of listing? That is going to have a big impact on the feasibility of the design being both informative, attractive, and easy to maintain. Especially if you're looking to do tables. Also, whenever the new TV series seasons start (early Oct, early Jan, early Apr, and early Jul), there tend to be anywhere from 35 to 50 or more different TV series that will begin airing within a two and a half week period. Please keep that in mind with regards to what I just mentioned. Outside of those rushes, the potential of clutter is much less of an issue.

Though now that I think about it, this idea of yours may actually be much more feasible if we did it only for everything besides the TV shows, since those often get a lot of exposure in the official quarterly simulcast posts that MAL staff update - the posts that state which online streaming site has acquired the rights for which series in which territories - or in the quarterly license posts also maintained by MAL staff. We can have direct links to those once they go up, and do perhaps the next ten not yet aired titles that aren't the types of titles likely to wind up on a simulcasting site. You know, the movies and OVAs and some TV specials. They're the ones whose upcoming airing date is much more likely to sneak up on interested members.

This, of course, is all just an idea and therefore open for discussion, criticism, etc.
Sep 14, 2014 7:01 PM

Jul 2013
SheyCroix said:

Well Bunny let me say it here: "Welcome!!" jejeje

We should go with this:
* banner + layout

(^_^)//

Thanks Shey! you're so nice! I'll do my best ^^

I like all your sugestions... but as we talked before, first the first xD!

Alipio said:
P.S. Welcome LazyBunny! Please share your thoughts in here as well~

Thanks for your welcome Alipio :)

SheyCroix said:
well true... The info included is not set yet but mostly the upcoming season (titles and dates), @Bunny feel free to say more about this.

Ok... well, I know I'm pending to show you an example. I have no problem to update the main page with the news or seasons, no take to much time for me ;)
It's not as if I'll to refill the main page with a big chart. Is just for a easy understading for our members. Just let me make a test, if you don't like it.... no problem.

It's just my opinion, but although the club is merely informative, a graphic "nice touch" is always a good way to make the club more attractive. Maybe you think is not necessary but is a club and deserves the same treatment as any other (?). hehehe ^^U

PS: btw in past days I asked SheyCroix where do you get the new file here in mal (page) for not aired animes... for example it seems there will a new season for moyashimon, bot i'm not sure if is just a rumor. (I think is comfirmed)... you just wait a mal mod make the page and the you update?

PS2: I apologize for my bad english x____x
CastaliaSep 14, 2014 7:07 PM

100% of all dead people have never complained about being dead. So I guess it isnt that bad.
Sep 14, 2014 8:45 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
LazyBunny said:

PS: btw in past days I asked SheyCroix where do you get the new file here in mal (page) for not aired animes... for example it seems there will a new season for moyashimon, bot i'm not sure if is just a rumor. (I think is comfirmed)... you just wait a mal mod make the page and the you update?

PS2: I apologize for my bad english x____x

Normal MAL members can submit database entries for anime titles not already in the database. The page to do that is here. The anime database guidelines are here. However, if I were you I would hold off on it until you have confirmed information about this, such as a news announcement with a fair amount of information. Otherwise the Anime DB mods are likely to delete it.

I couldn't find any news announcements about a third season of Moyashimon, only about Moyashimon Returns, which finished airing a while ago. Should you find a news article about a new season not already in the database, you can submit it to the news staff by clicking on 'Submit News Story'.
Sep 25, 2014 7:14 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Everyone it's alright to affiliate with this club? -- Airing Anime Club... but they don't have a banner since is way too similar to us lol

erased:
Available Position
1 Graphic Designer

added more links in main page
created new topic
SheyCroixSep 25, 2014 9:28 PM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Sep 27, 2014 1:15 AM

Sep 2008
Just come here to say hi and good luck to our new graphic designer LazyBunny, hopefully you can splash the club with colors :3 and thanks to the admin who's hiring him/her in the first place.

@SheyCroix: I dunno if we still taking affiliates, but for me it's fine. The priority here is to redesign this club and make it more active and attractive since we have good 7k members but less participation, while not neglecting the main objective that is to provide our members and MAL users a fine touch of information about not yet aired anime in any form (text and a bit of graphics if possible).

Also, should we set a simple guidelines about what is MAL "Not Yet Aired" anime and such to give clear understanding among staffs and users? Such as unconfirmed rumors doesn't count etc.

Sep 27, 2014 6:04 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
ZerOne01 said:
... and thanks to the admin who's hiring him/her in the first place.
@SheyCroix: I dunno if we still taking affiliates, but for me it's fine. The priority here is to redesign this club and make it more active and attractive since we have good 7k members but less participation, while not neglecting the main objective that is to provide our members and MAL users a fine touch of information about not yet aired anime in any form (text and a bit of graphics if possible).
Also, should we set a simple guidelines about what is MAL "Not Yet Aired" anime and such to give clear understanding among staffs and users? Such as unconfirmed rumors doesn't count etc.

Oh it's been a while creator-san, sure it's nice to see you around.
You're welcome xD ... I'm hoping for something colorful too :D
Ok, will then take that as a green light to affiliate... Yes, I've been trying to redesign this to something better (just to much work lol)...
It would be great if you created them, mm, I think they would fit there in the FAQ topic.

This year will be the club's 6th anniversary!!!!!
Let's do something :D
SheyCroixSep 27, 2014 1:50 PM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Oct 20, 2014 5:22 AM

Jul 2013
SheyCroix said:
Everyone it's alright to affiliate with this club? -- Airing Anime Club... but they don't have a banner since is way too similar to us lol

omg! LOL! .... no comments xD! (they need a graphic designer teehee :P)

ZerOne01 said:
Just come here to say hi and good luck to our new graphic designer LazyBunny, hopefully you can splash the club with colors :3 and thanks to the admin who's hiring him/her in the first place.

Ohhh *0* creator-sama came here to welcome me... thank you ZerOne01!!! I had a really busy month in september (my work leaves me with no free time T___T *soob*) but I have a lot colorfull ideas for the club ... don't take it literally it's not a rainbow xD!
So as you can see I started with a halloween special cards. I hope all the staff like the idea ^^U
Ah... yes, it was Shey. I'm really happy she has accepted me as a part of the staff ^^

SheyCroix said:
This year will be the club's 6th anniversary!!!!!
Let's do something :D

Of course!! we cannot let the occasion pass without something special. Omygod... is in december LOL! double ration (??) XD!
CastaliaOct 20, 2014 12:19 PM

Apr 1, 2015 10:01 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
changed the layout~

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jun 21, 2015 10:27 AM

Jan 2015
Shouldn't there be a thread to say which anime you would like see coming back,or is that a bad suggestion
Jun 21, 2015 11:59 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
^ this shouldn't be here since this is for the staff when needed....

If you do see this reply what do you mean by coming back? Please write a bit more about it BUT in the club's comments section

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » [INFO] List Updates ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Jul 17, 2014

293 by Numi »»
Mar 30, 11:09 PM

» Spring 2024 Upcoming Anime

Numi - Feb 20

0 by Numi »»
Feb 20, 3:29 PM

» Winter 2023/2024 Upcoming Anime

Numi - Nov 14, 2023

0 by Numi »»
Nov 14, 2023 2:37 PM

» Fall 2023 Upcoming Anime

Numi - Aug 23, 2023

0 by Numi »»
Aug 23, 2023 7:45 PM

» Who's watching zom 100

Macky0613 - Jul 16, 2023

0 by Macky0613 »»
Jul 16, 2023 5:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.