No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 3, 2014 3:29 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
table tennis was an end to the means

even if table tennis is not the "point" or "message" of the show itself doesn't mean it's not a sports anime
Aug 3, 2014 3:30 PM

Jan 2013
OH GOD NO PLEASE

YOU WONT GET 6 HOURS BACK.

SIX HOURS

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIX
Aug 3, 2014 5:04 PM

Nov 2011
suddenly this thread turned into a discussion about ping pong series
which i have yet to watch, heard it was amazing. not sure i like the animation style though

OT: why is this not closed yet..? i as well as others said before, watch the 3-4 episodes and decide for yourself. stay away if you don't like ecchi and fan-pandering. if you don't mind fan-service and like comedy/reference to other shows, then you might enjoy this show.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Aug 3, 2014 5:31 PM

Nov 2013
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
OH GOD NO PLEASE

SIX HOURS

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIX
Actually it's 4.8 hours.
Aug 3, 2014 6:15 PM

Feb 2014
Botato said:
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
OH GOD NO PLEASE

SIX HOURS

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIX
Actually it's 4.8 hours.

It roughly 6 hours if he puked on the end of each episode for 6 minutes.
Aug 3, 2014 8:59 PM

Mar 2014
HaXXspetten said:
table tennis was an end to the means

even if table tennis is not the "point" or "message" of the show itself doesn't mean it's not a sports anime

I never said it wasn't, but that's not all it is either.
Aug 13, 2014 10:06 AM

Jun 2014
If u like the anime wtih super smart people,its worth watching.
Its worth 4.8 hours :)
Aug 17, 2014 6:54 AM

Apr 2014
No, there are a lot animes better than this one.
Aug 19, 2014 9:53 AM

Oct 2013
You are the only person who can judge if an anime is worth watching for yourself. You know what you like and dislike. Other people don't. If you like the elements NGNL is composed of, then you'll like it -,- but if you mind that stuff, you won't.

Personally, Ecchi isn't my cup of tea, and it was the main reason I disliked the show. It could've had the potential to be an amazing anime, but instead, I just finished it with a "Heh".

Edit: Ping Pong was infinitely better than NGNL. Hate me please, haters.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Aug 26, 2014 6:58 AM

Jul 2014
My opinion= No, its not worth it. I think NGNL is one of the most overrated anime as of now. I find mondaiji a lot more entertaining (but thats just me)
Aug 26, 2014 6:59 AM

Jul 2008
It is overrated with its current rating but it's worth watching :D it's quite enjoyable to me :)
Aug 26, 2014 7:01 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
its current rating has been dropping constantly since it peaked when it ended anyway
Aug 26, 2014 7:03 AM

Jul 2008
HaXXspetten said:
its current rating has been dropping constantly since it peaked when it ended anyway
Yeah I actually expected that to happen, but nevertheless, it's still fun to watch :)
Aug 26, 2014 7:08 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
of course it was gonna happen, did you think the anti-fans were gonna stand for having an ecchi anime in the top 30? :3
Aug 26, 2014 7:10 AM

Jul 2008
As long as the top 30 are worthy of their spots, I have no argument :D
Aug 26, 2014 8:55 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Definitely worth it. Easily best Spring anime that aired and currently the best anime of 2014 so far.

And please don't believe the people who hilariously exaggerate the fanservice of the show. This is no To Love Ru, Freezing, Sekirei, Daimidaler, or DxD.
Aug 28, 2014 3:23 AM
Jan 2013
Todd_ said:
Definitely worth it. Easily best Spring anime that aired and currently the best anime of 2014 so far.

And please don't believe the people who hilariously exaggerate the fanservice of the show. This is no To Love Ru, Freezing, Sekirei, Daimidaler, or DxD.

They opened the start of their show with a panty shot of a loli.... then talking about about her boob size in the next minuite..... YEAAAAAAAAAAAA
Aug 28, 2014 3:41 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
kitkatxz said:
Todd_ said:

They opened the start of their show with a panty shot of a loli.... then talking about about her boob size in the next minuite..... YEAAAAAAAAAAAA
that's tame yo -.-
Aug 28, 2014 6:45 AM

Nov 2013
HaXXspetten said:
kitkatxz said:

that's tame yo -.-
As some one who has seen HotD, I'm inclined to agree.
Aug 28, 2014 7:01 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Botato said:
HaXXspetten said:
that's tame yo -.-
there are way more ecchi shows than HotD out there
Aug 28, 2014 9:16 AM

Nov 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Botato said:
HotD is one of, if not the most, absurd ecchi shows I know. I think maybe Kiss x Sis comes close. Anyway point is it's nothing compared to HotD.

Then again I don't know that many ecchi anime.
Aug 28, 2014 9:21 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Botato said:
HaXXspetten said:
HotD is one of, if not the most, absurd ecchi shows I know. I think maybe Kiss x Sis comes close. Anyway point is it's nothing compared to HotD.

Here's a "good" one for example
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10465/Manyuu_Hikenchou

We're talking this level of oppai here
Aug 28, 2014 9:24 AM

Oct 2011
It's not "awesome" but it's not "horrible"
Watch it if you have time, but don't expect to be amazed.

Aug 28, 2014 11:56 AM

Nov 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Botato said:

Here's a "good" one for example
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10465/Manyuu_Hikenchou

We're talking this level of oppai here
Dafuq...
Aug 28, 2014 11:59 AM

Mar 2014

Yes
Nov 17, 2015 7:26 AM

Jul 2015
One of the best anime i have ever see, it's worth it !
Nov 18, 2015 10:35 AM

Jan 2015
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
Nov 18, 2015 10:36 AM

May 2014
Don't know if responding to this will still matter but fuck yeah it is.
Nov 21, 2015 6:27 PM
Nov 2015
GoMarcia said:
No Game no Life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SAO and Log Horizon, and yes, it's worth it, best anime this year maybe? (Best in spring for sure)
Nov 22, 2015 1:59 PM
Mar 2014
Yeah, watch it if you haven't already.
Nov 28, 2015 4:35 PM

Sep 2012
worldeditor11 said:
UsualGuy said:
Your opinion?
No.

This. The ideas behind the anime are great but poorly used.
The "games" are almost never solved in a truly clever way though the two heroes are supposed to be geniuses.
If you want something with the idea of games or bets with a genuinely clever thinking behind it, i would recommend Gyakkyō Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor.

EDIT: you can also check One Outs if you're a bit into sports anime. Baseball with pretty cool mindgames. Seriously, i really mean it when i say no game no life isn't worth it.
Nov 30, 2015 6:50 AM

Sep 2012
Memor said:
Ryuuketsu20 said:

This. The ideas behind the anime are great but poorly used.
The "games" are almost never solved in a truly clever way though the two heroes are supposed to be geniuses.
If you want something with the idea of games or bets with a genuinely clever thinking behind it, i would recommend Gyakkyō Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor.

Is that so? I suppose the reasoning behind this statement is that you don't understand it? For two characters that are best described as prodigies I am intrigued by this attempt at brandishing a logical argument as to why this is as so. I would love to hear more. This comment feels a little truncated when you list so little explanation for such a malign.

Please do recognize that I pry only for I am curious. I had always thought that the psychological side of No Game No Life was not to be looked into. Heed my warning fellow readers as I reveal what I believe to be the best way to experience this anime.

Rule #1

Do not allow yourself to be strangled by the algorithmic spaghetti.

Rule #2

Do not allow yourself to be strangled by the mental spaghetti.

Rule #3

When offered the warm embrace of the humor, accept with gratitude.

Rule #4

Ditto in regards to the art, plot, character development and soundtrack.

Thank you for giving me the chance to offer my advice, Ryuuketsu20.

Just a little precision here, what I said earlier is my own opinion about what attracted me first while reading the synopsis of this anime. I understand your reaction if you liked this anime as I may have been a bit too harsh by implying it was a pieace of garbage. It is not, but I think it lacks essential things to make it a very good anime.

Though the animation is great and the background very interesting at first sight, I feel like the content lacks consistency, and especially the different "games" the characters have to go through. I feel like everything is "overdone", and in a bad way, and especially the games and their outcome, with for instance the
and its, in my opinion, ridiculous ending.

And that is what I meant when I said the games are never solved in a truly clever way. They're more likely solved not only because the characters are geniuses, but also because they're given some "simplified scenaristic help". The example i have in mind is when
. I think it removes most of the interest towards the games played as Sora's and Shiro's genius is not genius anymore, but more likely "superpowers". That's what actually disappointed me, I think it would have been more interesting to see them manage to win (and even lose) the games against actual magic and other superpowers users with their great intelligence only, rather than what was done here. It makes the "we're humans with not actual special talents but can still beat you" loses it's credibility.

In my opinion, you can't just say "ignore the thinking part" when the anime is built on its base.

Regarding the humor and the plot themselves, i'd say: meh, seen much better, many times. However, The character development is rather good and the animation is simply great (Madhouse rarely disappoints). But without this last point, i'm pretty sure the overall rating for this anime would be much lower.

Summary of my opinion: Has potential but that's all.
Dec 29, 2015 10:42 AM
Jul 2015
Yes. Its a good anime, very enjoyable. Haters gonna hate.
Jan 9, 2016 12:41 PM

Jul 2014
Don't waste your time on this horrible show. It's not worth it.
Jan 9, 2016 12:56 PM

Apr 2011
There are some shows(like SAO) where not even turning your brain off can help you sit through the atrocious mess you're about to witness. Then there are shows which you know are ultimately crap in a similar fashion, but at least they don't try or pretend to be anything more than crap(like NGNL). Thus, I find it much easier to endure this show after turning my brain off just to lay my eyes on the delicious lolis and brimming visuals, whilst having a good laugh at the various shortcomings and silly writing decisions. All in all it's a decent time waster at best.
Jan 24, 2016 4:02 AM
Jan 2016
Yes this anime is enjoyable! I watched all 12 episodes back to back. Waiting patiently for season 2.
Jan 24, 2016 4:03 AM

Sep 2009
Well, it was entertaining.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 24, 2016 4:23 AM
Oct 2015
Its one of the best Anime. Must Watch. m waiting for 2nd Season.
Dec 11, 2016 3:53 AM
Dec 2016
I need to ask the same question. I've watched like 5 episodes and now I'm trying to figure out whether or not is this show worth finishing. I must say, I am pretty disappointed so far, the first episode just seemed SO promising and, well, I was hoping for something a bit psychologically deeper. With such interesting main characters, that are nothing close to "good" or "moral", I kind of expected the show to dig deeper into their relationship, their life, just THEM in general. The thing is, I don't expect the MCs to be good and virtuous and all that cliché, but what really bothered me was that in the show it should at least be clear that "it's wrong". I hated that all of their actions a awful things they were doing were actually portrayed as good, as FUNNY. Maybe I'm over moralistic, but I just can't stand how they mock, humiliate and punish Stephanie for LITERALLY EVERYTHING (for being stupid, for trying to help them and the kingdom, just for fun...) and the show portrays it as something funny and perfectly fine. What I am trying to say is, the character might just be awful people and that's perfectly fine, but it shouldn't be treated as if it was right.

Also with this comes another thing. Leaving the fact that I hated the amount of fanservice, that basicly overshadowed the plot (making Stephanie half naked every episode and also all the perverted stuff around Shiro...), it really anoyed me that this also was treated completely unrealistically. I mean, they made her walk the streets with dog's ears and tail, almost completely naked, and not just that SHE didn't really care (she didn't LIKE it, but come on, what girl would ever experience that and still be completely fine and friends with the people who keep doing this to her and still want to help them...??? - It just kinda WASN'T A BIG DEAL.), also none of the bystanders seemed to be bothered by it. She was a princess, so she had kind of a high status, yet this did nothing to damage her reputation??? I just didn't like the way all of the characters treated things like this. In general, I didn't like how nudity was treated. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind nudity in shows, it just has to make some sense to me. This felt so forced.

Sorry that this turned into almost a review. The reason I wrote this - I want to ask anyone who is determined enough to read this whole thing wheather some of those things change later in the show? The plot just seemed so shallow to me... is it going to get deeper?
Thanks to all the brave souls who stayed with me! ;)

P.S.: Just to be clear, I mean no disrespect to anyone who likes this show. In fact, I am probably the freak here, since it's so high rated. This is just my opinion and if anyone proves me wrong, I'll be greatful :)
Dec 27, 2016 7:24 PM
Oct 2016
Watch it the ultimate psychological anime with awesome character awesome art awesome sound tricks ... 10/10
Dec 28, 2016 2:20 AM

Jul 2014
Eh. The characters are bland and OP. It's ok but it hurts as a gamer. No one is unbeatable. They're not relate-able in too many cases and exist to prove that no one can win against them.

It looks good but I've seen better. I'm watching it again because I can't remember when i did finish this sometime last year.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Dec 29, 2016 11:53 AM

Sep 2016
Yeah, definitely. if you don't mind the fanservice and all the perversions around the main characters. The plot is actually pretty good but the nudity really puts a damper on the things
BluePinkDec 29, 2016 11:57 AM
May 12, 2017 5:59 AM
Apr 2015
Hmm, let's see...
Forced fanservice, abuse of "comrades" (rather tools) for (bad) "entertainment" or the win, (possible) incest, lack of tension, and mc's which would be crybabys in a life or death situation...
Can't remember any of those in Mondaiji.
But people are stupid, so No Game No Life is more likely to get a second season than Mondaiji lol.
Kyouma24May 12, 2017 6:08 AM
May 21, 2017 4:48 AM
Dec 2016
Worth it. Yes. Begs for a 2nd season, so try not to get emotionally attached considering it's been 3 years since the 1st season aired.
Jan 16, 2018 3:44 AM

Mar 2014
Never gonna see that second season...Unless the movie did so well it gives hope
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2014

293 by AnimatedAddict »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2014

501 by AnimatedAddict »»
Today, 11:31 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

51 by Erariodor »»
Today, 8:49 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 28, 2014

524 by AnimatedAddict »»
Yesterday, 8:54 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

704 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 3:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.