Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 19, 2014 10:51 AM

Jul 2014
Ophis said:
Animation this episode was really bad.

Hopefully they're just saving money for some kickass dragon action in the next few episodes.
Jul 19, 2014 11:28 AM

Jun 2014
Hopefully, they also pick better OST choices for the dragon battles.(I'm not saying the OST for this ep was bad though.)
Jul 19, 2014 11:39 AM
Oct 2013
Talking about OST, I'm glad they used one of the old ones in this episode~
Jul 19, 2014 11:47 AM

Oct 2013
What an intense episode.Wonder what the hell happened to Lucy when she was like a zombie and wanted to close the portal,and Natsu got swalloved by those shadow's.Can't wait for the next episode.

Jul 19, 2014 1:29 PM

Jun 2013
damastah said:
Darklight0303 said:

They are likely saving all the animation budget for the Dragons

Dragons and

EDIT: Rie Kugimiya(Happy) doing both Happy and Natsu's parts in the preview for next episode was so adorable <3

Disregard Cana's animation quality, acquire quality for these gentlemen.
Jul 19, 2014 1:36 PM

Jul 2014
Iolo said:
Did anyone else notice with some of Cana's animations, they looked really bad...

Other then that a really good episode. I wonder whats happening to Lucy.

Also <33 Ultear

Yeah I noticed that too.
Jul 19, 2014 3:06 PM

Jun 2013
The animations weren't the best in some spots but overall good episode.
Jul 19, 2014 3:34 PM

Aug 2011
Cana what the hell? I'm seriously upset because of this =/
And I don't get the reason they changed the eye color of Ultear and Meredy?

Other than that, the episode was enjoyable. I liked the short scene with Yukino and Mirajane... so touching
Jul 19, 2014 3:39 PM

Apr 2008
I'm honestly not bothered by the derp faces. They have already shown that those get touched up in the DVD releases.
Jul 19, 2014 5:42 PM

Apr 2013
So I'm not the only one who noticed Cana's strange face... It looked really bad.

Well, the episdoe wasn't bad it all, although I think that the new music isn't as good as the old ones.
Jul 19, 2014 7:07 PM

Jul 2014
I liked the EP
Was nice, can´t wait to get some nice fight
Jul 19, 2014 7:50 PM

Jan 2011
Cana isn't looking bad per se, just not what Cana is supposed to look like.

Surprised to see that Natsu vs. Rogue actually happened this episode, given that they usually do it in the episode *after* the one thats appropriately named. And surprised to see that it was over so fast, even with Lightning Dragon Mode. And why. Rogue got that much stronger in those years? Sure, he got two elements now, but Natsu beat both without using Lightning before. so it would still be kinda equal.

And him sinking into the shadow - did Rogue come back? Why would he come back when he was scared away before even trying.

That preview though..Happy trying to build up suspense, while it's already showing whats happening on screen.

And Lucy seems possessed. Wonder by who or what. Especially given that magic does not work near Eclipse, unless they forgot it right after mentioning it when talking about Loki.
Jul 20, 2014 12:30 AM

Dec 2011
I think they got lazy animating this episode properly... just look at Cana. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2014 12:47 AM

Sep 2012
I also had a feeling from the beginning that dragons are gonna come out from the portal and I guess Lucy somewhat feels it (probably because of her connection to spirits).
I guess we'll find out the truth in next episode :D

And that Cana XD Omg I couldn't believe that was happening while watching. Such a sad day for that girl.

Poor Natsu! :( I hope Rouge wont hurt him even more in that stupid shadow of his. And killing Sting?! Seriously?! Now I'm really mad at that future guy... (but I still like the present one XD)
Jul 20, 2014 12:53 AM

Mar 2014
This episode is actually much better than all episodes of previous arc. Apparently, according to manga reader it's just that the GMG Arc is the worse arc in the whole series which kinda makes sense. Still, future Rogue as the villain is kinda lame though. I hope it's not because of brainwashed, possessed, or other lame reason that turned him into such evil person.
Jul 20, 2014 5:17 AM
Oct 2013
LLawlied said:
This episode is actually much better than all episodes of previous arc. Apparently, according to manga reader it's just that the GMG Arc is the worse arc in the whole series which kinda makes sense. Still, future Rogue as the villain is kinda lame though. I hope it's not because of brainwashed, possessed, or other lame reason that turned him into such evil person.
I agree with that manga reader, it's just that the author introduced way too many characters and plot elements in this arc and didn't manage to cope up with them too well, he even indirectly admits that in one of the volume afterwords.

As for the anime, I always thought that having so many characters in this arc eats up their budget, after all, it wasn't till GMG when even the old studio started having problems with the quality of the episodes. So I have high hopes that it gets better in the upcoming arc(s).
Jul 20, 2014 5:18 AM

May 2013
Nice episode :D
Jul 20, 2014 8:03 AM

Mar 2014
miskos3 said:
I agree with that manga reader, it's just that the author introduced way too many characters and plot elements in this arc and didn't manage to cope up with them too well, he even indirectly admits that in one of the volume afterwords.

Oh, really? Heh, now I'm interested to read that afterwords. Which volume is it?
Jul 20, 2014 9:33 AM
Dec 2013
INTENSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. LOVE THE BUILD UP.

Can't wait to see whats behind it. Lucy knows whats up. Natsu sinking. Glad to see Ul <3
Jul 20, 2014 10:24 AM
Oct 2013
LLawlied said:
miskos3 said:

Oh, really? Heh, now I'm interested to read that afterwords. Which volume is it?
I'm not quite sure, I know that GMG arc is vols 31-40 and he's pointed out the big amount of characters several times, it might've been his Twitter too.
Jul 20, 2014 2:34 PM
Jul 2014
I was very bothered with Cana's face. Can't wait for the fights with the dragons.
Jul 20, 2014 8:59 PM

Feb 2013
>.> Cana's Face
Also Natsu getting his Ass handed to him on a silver platter. Interested on how the rematch will go.
Also They Pretty much confirmed my Suspicions on the Dragons with this episode but i suppose nothing is final just yet.
"oh no Natsu is being pulled into the shadow" Then bloody get him out then :P.
Episode wasn't Entirely that bad though and the OP is really starting to grow on me and i rather like it.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Jul 20, 2014 9:11 PM

Jan 2011
Seeing so much time magic would surely give some sort of precognitive ability. BAD WOLF.
Jul 20, 2014 9:31 PM

Feb 2014
Can we have more lightning flame dragon mode please instead of a one off thing

♪All his life has been, a roller coaster ride of dream
No time for looking back, forgetting who or what
His song is all that he leaves behind,
On silent nights I hear him still, whistling a tune I know so well
Gun in hand, rose in another, He's Lupin the 3rd♪

Jul 21, 2014 12:16 AM

Jan 2013
Mirajane is a very good person.
Cana looks so bad omg :(
Rogue? He killed Sting? O.o wow thats weird, however he now is very strong, not even Natsu could defeat him.
Lucy what are you doing?Stop!!!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 22, 2014 6:55 AM

Jul 2010
Rogue is quite incoherent so far, I mean, he's trying to let the gate open so that innocent people won't die in the future? But he just admitted to Natsu that he thinks so worthless of lives, am I missing something?

Oh no Lucy, not again ..
Jul 22, 2014 8:46 AM

Dec 2009
Akanezora said:
Rogue is quite incoherent so far, I mean, he's trying to let the gate open so that innocent people won't die in the future? But he just admitted to Natsu that he thinks so worthless of lives, am I missing something?

Oh no Lucy, not again ..

That's one of the big contradictions to Future Rogue, one that definitely makes it seem like he's lying big time.
Jul 22, 2014 3:19 PM

Jan 2014
Things start to get pretty serious..
I hope that Lucy won't screw things up.
I just can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 24, 2014 12:39 AM

Jul 2014
Something precious. Yay. I just hope it's have a double meaning. Not just a Nakama things or something along the line. :p
Mira is so nice.
WHAT? Rogue kill Sting and stole his power. Well, that's so twisted from what he is right now.
Man, those 2 dragon mode from Natsu and Rogue is wayy intense.
Natsu, WHERE are you going?
Lucy, WHAT are you doing?
Now, that I already catching up with the new episode, I hate to wait for it for a week.
Google first, ask later
Jul 24, 2014 6:50 AM

Jun 2010
So obvious that Future Rogue was lying... and Lucy subconsciously wanting to shut the portal because she senses 'evil' from inside... namely the Dragons that are obviously going to come out of it....

Didn't expect Natsu to get owned though. But I am expecting he will come back even stronger... but what is the deal with him sinking into the shadow? Is this F.Rogue's doing? Or something else...

Some serious sh*t happening next episode though... havent been this excited about FT for quite awhile...

Jul 24, 2014 10:03 AM

May 2010
I liked Yukino/Mira scene, king uttering that kabo phrase and Natsu's screams. Hell yeah, Ultear and Meredy!
Jul 25, 2014 11:15 AM
Jun 2014
Yeah this episode is slow yet intense for the build up.
Is it only me who heard the dragons?
And i think happy felt something because his whiskers were shaking
And guys for Rogue i think he's from a parallel universe where Gajeel didn't defeat him and that dark shadow thing stayed in him, you know? The one Mavis couldn't recognize.
Jul 25, 2014 11:20 AM
Jun 2014
Jouten said:
Akanezora said:

Oh no Lucy, not again ..

That's one of the big contradictions to Future Rogue, one that definitely makes it seem like he's lying big time.

Actually you can tell he's lying if you try remembering his appearance.
He killed all the soldiers who are considered his allies.
Now which person that cares for people's lives would kill his allies?
Aug 5, 2014 2:17 PM

Oct 2012
Iolo said:
Did anyone else notice with some of Cana's animations, they looked really bad...

Other then that a really good episode. I wonder whats happening to Lucy.

Also <33 Ultear

.... that doesn't even look like cana
Oct 12, 2014 3:58 PM

Mar 2010
Man when that gate was opening I was thinking "those guys are fucked" lol.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 19, 2014 3:07 PM

Apr 2013
Nice episode, Dragon Slayer vs Dragon Slayer is always epic. Ultear to the rescue! It looks like Lucy is right and the portal should be closed asap, I mean that evil Rogue wants it to open after all! And from the preview it seems like that's indeed what's happening.
Oct 24, 2014 10:52 PM

Jul 2014
idk if they properly explained this before but how is a door supposed to fire a cannon? also, i wonder what came over lucy at the end? this is all speculation but maybe she sensed that the dragons that disappeared years ago were coming through the door.
Nov 13, 2014 7:55 AM

May 2011
So Rouge was right in the end :/
Dec 18, 2014 11:46 AM

Oct 2014
Decent ep.

Epic battle between rogue and natsu there.
Hope we can get more Jellal, ultear and Meldy soon! Really wanna see them kick ass.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2015 7:28 PM

Nov 2014
The king...Was...The flipping PUMPKIN GUY?!?! No way...Omg...I didn't even know my jaw could drop that far, kabo! xD
Jan 21, 2015 1:07 AM

Jun 2014
I have a bad feeling about the next episode.
Jan 31, 2015 10:08 AM

Aug 2013
Wow I might fall asleep from waiting for the door to open. XD
Apr 26, 2015 12:54 AM

Dec 2012
Mirajane always has those inspirational quotes handy, she's got dat healin' power.

Something still feels off and doesn't add up about the whole portal and dragon invasion. With the way everyone was watching the portal opening, I was just expecting a giant dragon claw to step out of the portal and shatter everyone's hopes. I was practically holding my breath thinking "here it comes here it comes here it comes." But since it hasn't I can only keep guessing now.
Aug 29, 2015 4:34 PM

Nov 2014
Mirajane comforting Yukino was really sweet. She definitely has a soft spot for Yukino which was obviously noticeable after she even made a remark about how she reminds her of Lisanna...but unlike Lisanna, Yukino is amazing. <3
Apr 22, 2016 1:15 PM

Oct 2014
I have this theory and I'll put it in the spoiler tag in case it became true.

Jul 21, 2016 4:28 PM
Jul 2016
Natzu got his butt rekt. Makes sense since he's been fighting for about 10 hours straight, and he had all his magic drained the day before. Surprised they left dead Future Lucy alone in the castle. Maybe it's a cultural thing. Also pretty stupid that her injuries were so severe that Wendy couldn't heal her. Try anyway you cute little lazy loli bitch. lol

Intrigued by what's going on with current Lucy and what made Future Rogue turn into a bad guy. His hair looks so ridiculous. Drag queen, amirite?

Some of the ones that need more fight time are the Thunder Legion, Kana, Gildarts, MiraJane (always gets me so hard, love the dubbed voice). Less of shitty Elfman and maybe Gray and Natzu as well. Nothing new going on with those two that puts any fires in my tummy.
Sep 2, 2016 5:32 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Natsu was getting owned by base F.Rogue and now Natsu got even more owned by White Shadow Drive Future Rogue. I wonder if F.Rogue can go to Dragon Force at will.

Meredy!!!
And Ultear as well. I wonder why Meredy suddenly looked at Future Lucy.

Sep 5, 2016 1:45 PM

Jan 2016
Im speechless.. just incredible. Natsu got beaten and now sucked in to the darkness..? All mage is ready to fight the dragons? The Eclipse doors are opening. And my bet is that something bad is going to happen (as what i saw in the preview as well..) And Lucy whats with dose weird eye nono do something bad?
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Oct 15, 2016 7:30 PM

Jul 2013
That was unexpected. Natsu getting beaten by Rogue. After the last episode espcially at the end I would had guessed Natsu smashed him to the ground. If you think about it, Rogue comes from the future so he's way older and potentially stronger. But that was definitely not the last time they fight each other.

The Mirajane and Yukino scene was cute. Mirajane is such a good girl :)

The king is the kabo guy? For real? I would have never expected that in any way lol.
So all the guilds work together to fight the dragons.

Red moons never promising anything good. I also have a weird feeling about the gate.

Jellal wants to speak with Doranbalt and Lahar, I wonder about what.

I'm glad Ultear and Meredy came to help Natsu but why is he also disappearing in the shadows?
And what's going on with Lucy? It looks like she's getting controlled. And now it's true what Rogue said but why does she want to close the gate?

So much questions. Next episode!!! :P

Apr 6, 2017 1:34 PM

Jul 2009
I guess the dragons will come out of the eclipse gate, that's why Lucy wants to close it! Rogue is bad news he killed Sting.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.