Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 17, 2014 10:55 AM
Jul 2014
So I've just read everyone's post about this manga and enjoyed reading them but what I'd really like to know is: what did you think of this series as a whole?

Me personally. I love this manga. It's one of the best thing's I've read period. It's one of the very few works of fiction I would call a masterpiece and I gave it a 10/10 rating. It's also one of the very few things I would actually call epic. Because I really don't like using the term as it's misuse tends to enrage me somewhat (a fail is not epic!!) However in case of Shigurui: it definitely is an epic. (I could give a long and probably very boring talk about what an epic actually is and how most people misinterpret the term but I won't)

It has a fantastic and very deep storyline and some of the best characters I've ever come across. Plus it actually has really good action sequences which is rare for manga in my opinion. Moreover it's exceptionally well drawn. I simply can't stop looking at it. I've recently put up one of the panels as my desktop wallpaper and I find myself just looking at my desktop, not wanting to open anything.

I finished this manga about three weeks ago and a couple days later finished the anime series (which was rather well done I thought) but I still think about this series every day. (and not jsut when i see my wallpaper) Despite the fact that I've since started reading five other series including Liar Game which I like so much I even choste the name of it's protagonist for my username (or partly at least)

So yeah I'm a huge fan of this manga series. But if you're not feel free to comment as long as you also include certain arguments as to why you didn't liek it rather than "it sucks". Also if you have anything else to say about it feel free as well. This is the Shigurui discussion thread. We can talk about the series in general but also about it's (extremely well written) characters. For instance I do wonder why most people prefer Seigen over Gennosuke since I do not. I think they're both wonderful characters but I liked Gennosuke somewhat better. Or we can talk about whether the anime adaptation was any good as I liked it but I can imagine not everyone did.

Or maybe I'm just the only one who wants to talk about this series anymore. We'll see.

Oh and btw I started up another topic with the exact same words but I'm hoping it will be closed down in a few moments as me being silly, I started it up on the wrong forum (once again sorry mods) and as such chose a rather ambiguous title for it. Hoepfully this will provide a fresh start.

More topics from this board

» Gannosuke and Chika (possible Spoilers in thread)

kushmonatl - Jan 16, 2022

3 by Gekkouta »»
Apr 15, 9:21 PM

Poll: » Shigurui Chapter 84 Discussion ( 1 2 )

NP-3228 - Feb 17, 2011

54 by itstwentyfifteen »»
Aug 29, 2023 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shigurui Chapter 53 Discussion

alpir - Jul 31, 2013

2 by Gros »»
Feb 25, 2023 4:06 AM

» Ending

RAHUL-haque - Jun 19, 2021

4 by Nishinga »»
Feb 24, 2023 7:38 PM

Poll: » Shigurui Chapter 47 Discussion

Gros - Feb 24, 2023

0 by Gros »»
Feb 24, 2023 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.