Forum Settings
Forums

Malaysia airliner crashes in east Ukraine near Russia border

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 22, 2014 1:09 AM

Feb 2013
AirStyles said:

I know which airline I won't be flying with in the near future...

This is actually pretty sad.

I know right, all other planes would have dodged the missile.
Jul 22, 2014 3:56 AM

Mar 2013
Tsundereppoi said:

Russia’s Ministry of Defence holds a press-conference on the Malaysian plane tragedy and presents evidence.

Pretty good conference, wish the west would actually show us proof rather than trust us it was the Russians.

Seems like the video the Ukraine released showing a buk launcher heading back to Russia may have been faked as well...

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/video-of-rebel-buk-launchers-headed.html
NewhopesJul 22, 2014 4:03 AM

Jul 23, 2014 4:19 PM

Jun 2010
Now we have Alexander Khodakovsky one of the rebel's leaders claiming that one of the rebel groups operating in the area indeed had a Buk system. But shifting the blame on the Ukraine's military for launching an air attack while the civilian plane was over the combat zone.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/23/us-ukraine-crisis-commander-exclusive-idUSKBN0FS1V920140723
Jul 25, 2014 4:53 AM

Mar 2013
nucleon said:

Missile from Ukraine's SAM is implausible as they were not within the range.
They have also checked info from social media but had not verified them.

I wouldn't be to sure of that Ukraine is known to have had 3 Buk-M1 battalions in that area on the day of the crash.

Jul 25, 2014 10:09 AM

Oct 2009
Newhopes said:
I wouldn't be to sure of that Ukraine is known to have had 3 Buk-M1 battalions in that area on the day of the crash.

In which "that area"? Ukrainian Buk-M1 battalions would have had to be inside the territory controlled by separatists to be within the range, even Russia admits that:
Newhopes said:
Tsundereppoi said:

Russia’s Ministry of Defence holds a press-conference on the Malaysian plane tragedy and presents evidence.

(here are the photos: http://stat.multimedia.mil.ru/multimedia/photo/gallery.htm?id=17402@cmsPhotoGallery). All that territory was not under control of Ukrainian military at the moment of the catastrophe
SerhiykoJul 25, 2014 10:17 AM
Jul 29, 2014 1:36 AM

Dec 2012
Who thought that it would be a good idea to fly through a war zone?
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Jul 29, 2014 2:55 AM

May 2009
monster7foot6 said:
Who thought that it would be a good idea to fly through a war zone?

I can understand their reasons. It's pretty much part of the fastest way to get to their destination and given how planes are fueled for the bare minimum, saving fuel is essential. Besides, they didn't hear any reports that the sky at 10 km was unsafe to fly through, so they probably didn't see any harm.

The problem is that an accident always needs to happen first before people in the industry open their eyes. A lot of big airline disasters could have been prevented if people were paying more attention to the details and if communication between all the people involved was better. This will just become another statistic over time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2014 8:20 AM

Jan 2009
A0968 said:
It's pretty much part of the fastest way to get to their destination and given how planes are fueled for the bare minimum, saving fuel is essential.

^
And I thought I was the only one to point that out.

A lot of big airline disasters could have been prevented if people were paying more attention to the details and if communication between all the people involved was better.

They can't monitor every part in a potential risk zone and communicating after the fact proofed itself successful as the following flights started to immediately avoid that dangerous flight path. It's just that without a catastrophe, the responsible people for setting the flight paths won't act and would even continue today with the routes via Ukraine to get a little competitive advantage or to save on money to possibly keep on holding over water without having to lay off multiple airport workers.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.