Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 18, 2009 12:26 PM

Jan 2009
a crappy eps, but the new op gives me hope (altough the op was not good)

there will be ishval flashback and fuck yeah i can't wait briggs arc.
i hope i don't overestimate bones
Oct 18, 2009 7:06 PM

Apr 2009
I think as far as recaps go, this was really amazing. And I'm really loving the series so far. This re-cap is just what I need to try to get my friend into this show, it was really well done.

Oct 19, 2009 11:04 AM

Feb 2009
Despite the inferior opening and ending to the previous ones, it was a good episode. Albeit it came out of nowhere with this recap, I was slightlyconfused as to what motives lye behind Hofenheim, but that was all answered.
Oct 20, 2009 1:37 PM

May 2007
Dumb recap episode....rawr...

"School is just a distraction from anime" - JOIN THE "I hate school" CLUB!
Oct 21, 2009 2:32 AM

Jan 2008
Damn recap and damn new OP/ED.
Oct 24, 2009 7:46 AM

Sep 2008
This episode was just... bleh.

Recap with random stuff mixed in? So pointless. I also liked the previous ending way, way better... They changed it too quickly, IMO. D:

Everything was going well recently... until this episode. Boo.

Here's to hoping the next is way better.
Oct 26, 2009 5:06 PM

Oct 2008
Geez, when everyone was bashing the new opening, ending and the recap episode, I figured the animations and storytelling in this episode would've gone to crap and the opening and closing themes wouldn't at all be catchy. I should really trust more into the way Bones makes an animated series and less into what the average fan says.

I actually liked this episode, even if it was a recap. I mean it's not as if a bunch of random clips were lazily put in with no original animations while a voice would narrate. And Hohenheim doesn't even get much screen time anyway, so making the episode be about him and his conflict on how weak humans as character development does make for a very creative recap if you ask me. There are just a couple of things that I don't get.

1) How does Pinako who's roughly the same height as Hohenheim, end up so short when she get's old? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
2) Am I the only who felt like Winry has grown a cup size in the 3rd ending? I never saw Winry so well-endowed before! I mean is that a fan service thing or something?
Oct 31, 2009 8:31 PM

Jan 2009
Ok ep, I quite enjoyed the OP though. The scenes on the Briggs were awesome!

Nov 8, 2009 2:35 PM

Feb 2008
It's not a bad OP, I kind of liked it, but only after watching it more than one time. The song is good... But AGAIN is, by far, my fav one. And I didn't like the singer's voice... D: but it's okay, we just need to skip the OP if we want. [I was already skipping Hologram because I got fed up with that song]
But at least we have great animation and scenes, as always. ED IN HIS SEY SHIRT OMGAAAWWWWD *_____*~~~~

So, this ep... just okay. I don't like recaps, either. And I got confused. WTF Pinako looks like Trisha? Wasn't she Winry's grandmother? So she's the mother of Trisha and Winry's mum/dad? So Winry, Ed and Al are cousins?????
That's so wrong.
I got totally confused. A dream my ass! ¬¬ that doesn't make sense. It makes sense that maybe Hoho knew Pinako since she was younger because of you-know-what. But WTF!

I didn't like the end at all. I love Winry [from the manga and Brotherhood - the FMA1 I totally hate], but why making a full ED about her? Just because she's not appearing now? Gosh u.u and least we have some Ran Fan and Mei to compensate - I LOVEEE THEM *__*~~
The song was... ok. I still prefer the first one. It was so cute *^* both the animation and song!~

I WANT BRIGGS! NOW!!! Ò__O~ *can't wait*~~ Olivier! <3333
Tengu_SusanooNov 8, 2009 2:39 PM
Nov 15, 2009 1:34 PM

Aug 2009
Hmm~ I thought it was pretty good~

I mean, it was a repeat, but it showed all the epic parts, so i thought it was good~ Plus, it's better than the old series where like... half the series were fillers, and this is only the first one ^^

Thanks to Shiro-chan for scripting! ♥
Nov 28, 2009 1:28 AM

May 2008
Me no liek recaps.

3/5
Dec 7, 2009 12:51 AM

Jul 2008
so new op, plus some weird type recap through hoeheim's mind thanks to some quality mad dog whiskey
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jan 28, 2010 4:15 AM

Feb 2008
Wow, I hate the new OP. And I also like the new ED. But I still like the ED 2, Let It Out. XD

This Summary Episode is greatly done although I don't like watching summary episodes, I liked it. :)
Apr 24, 2010 5:08 AM

Sep 2009
new opening and ending themes aren't as good as the previous ones :/
for a summary episode this was pretty good
and the opening seems spoilerific XD

May 8, 2010 5:05 PM

Nov 2009
wow this semmed like a last chapter and hoenheim(? beeing its principal character.
May 20, 2010 4:43 AM

Sep 2009
I like that the ED is full of Winry.

Overall though....this episode was a little boring. It wouldn't have been so bad if I was watching 1 episode a week, but I have been marathoning FMA:B up to this point so I didn't really need a recap.
May 26, 2010 11:23 PM

Sep 2008
Well, that was convenient. I haven't gotten the chance to watch any anime in months, and I thought I'd have to try to remember where it left off at. Took me like half the episode to figure out it was a recap though, so I feel stupid. :/
Jun 3, 2010 6:32 AM
Mar 2010
what's up with this ep?
Jul 9, 2010 3:09 PM

Aug 2009
What? I actually liked this recap. So I was thinking after I saw this, does Hohenheim have two personalities? One who is good and one who is bad? or he created another homonculus or himself? Wtf really happened to him? He's such a mysterious being.

Anyways that dream was pretty understable. My conclusion was Pinako was siding on humans while Hohenheim was clueless as to which side to choose, then another Hohenheim appeared and it appears to be his evil side, I guess?

New OP and ED was also okay. Did I see things right? A lot of new characters oh and wtf did I just see Greed again? Wtf lmao.
Jul 12, 2010 12:52 AM

Apr 2010
-First of all, I LOVE the new OP, it's amazing.
-Second, I didn't expect Pinako to get shorter as she got older, that's funny, how elders grow 'shorter'
-Third, I find it funny that the whiskey's name is 'stray dog' it made me laugh.
-Mmm I believe this episode is like for memory refreshment I believe.
-As I thought Hohenheim, two existences at once?
-I assume one of them is the 'father' anyway, nothing much expected from this episode since it's more like flashbacks~ ♥
Jul 27, 2010 3:04 PM

Aug 2007
I didnt watch all the episode. I hate the recap episodes.

I still prefer the first opening and the second ending
Jul 29, 2010 8:21 AM

Jul 2010
well i really liked this recap. i think it was the best recap in an anime that i have seen so far. the scenes who where from older episodes where all really good and the dream from hohenheim with pinako as the pro human and father as the pro homunculi part of him was really great.

well i like the opening and the ending they aren't as good as the 2nd op and end but they are better then in many other animes
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Aug 15, 2010 1:00 AM

Mar 2010
They, for some reason in Adult Swim, Didn't show the new episode today. Re-Run of Episode 1... joy.

Hopefully we see it tomorrow. Anyone knows where I can go find a website to see it in dub?
Aug 15, 2010 7:02 PM
Jul 2010
Black_Rose1809 said:
They, for some reason in Adult Swim, Didn't show the new episode today. Re-Run of Episode 1... joy.

Hopefully we see it tomorrow. Anyone knows where I can go find a website to see it in dub?

Dub hasn't been release on iTunes, either, unfortunately. I wonder why they didn't air 27 last night. I was looking forward to it and then I see episode 1 play all over again. I hope they don't treat it as the beginning to a new season and have like a 2 month break. Here's to hoping it airs next week or the week after!
Aug 17, 2010 11:54 AM

Dec 2008
4 out of 5: Liked it (your vote)

Recap ep, but still pretty good...
Aug 22, 2010 12:13 AM

Mar 2010
ACSFernalld said:
Black_Rose1809 said:

Dub hasn't been release on iTunes, either, unfortunately. I wonder why they didn't air 27 last night. I was looking forward to it and then I see episode 1 play all over again. I hope they don't treat it as the beginning to a new season and have like a 2 month break. Here's to hoping it airs next week or the week after!

It happened again this weekend... *Sigh*

I heard they are treating it as a new season... I seriously am pissed now. I guess Japanese dub for now I guess...
Aug 22, 2010 3:06 AM

Mar 2008
I'll just wait for the dub to come back, this show is just too good to watch subbed.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Oct 10, 2010 3:25 AM

Mar 2008
the dub will be airing on Adult Swim Dec 04, 2010 with episode 27.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Dec 15, 2010 8:56 PM

Aug 2010
I actually didn't mind this episode. I've been waiting for months for the dubbed episodes to come out, so I've forgotten a bit of what had happened. This was a good refresher. And at least it wasn't one of those recap episodes where a character simply talks about everything that has happened while they show clips from other episodes.

Dec 17, 2010 10:47 AM
Mar 2010
So are the dub episodes out? I've looked on a few sites and now been able to find them ...
Jan 15, 2011 6:39 PM

Apr 2009
I actually didn't think the recap was all that bad. I mean, sure it was a little detour from the story and may have given away some spoilers, but come on, it was a nice episode, at least. I thought the way that the recap was done, made it less boring and more interesting. Personally, I think it was one of the better recaps out there.
Also, I think the OP wasn't that bad once you listen to it all the way through and anyway, by the time it changes again, most people will be used to it. I thought the ED was pretty good too and I didn't mind seeing a lot of Winry becasue I personally like Winry a lot and anyways who cares about who is in the ED sequence.
Jan 25, 2011 3:13 AM

Dec 2010
This episode was boring, watching scenes I had already watched before isn't very exciting... but I liked the new OP
MarchSwannJan 25, 2011 3:17 AM
Feb 27, 2011 4:32 PM
Apr 2010
awsome episode for me.It's been a while since I've seen ep 26 i needed a refresher ;)
Also Aaron does a great job voicing Hohenheim,I would of never guessed it was him -_-
Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 19, 2011 12:26 PM

Aug 2009
Skipped most of this episode...

Not my favorite opening.. but I really like the ending! :3
May 10, 2011 7:52 AM

Oct 2010
I thought too much about this filler being fail so I clicked 1/5.

But then I liked the footage of the OP and the ED wasn't so bad. So now it's a 2/5.
lanachanMay 10, 2011 8:15 AM
[insert awesome signature here]
Jun 4, 2011 7:23 AM

May 2010
I want previous OP!!!!!
Jul 5, 2011 7:33 AM

Dec 2010
I wouldn't like the new ep if it weren't the words of Ed's mother. They were so full of sense that... they're probably the best thing I heard in Brotherhood. Lan Fan almost made my cry, even though I already watched her fight.
The new OP is worse than the previous one, but I think I like more the ED this time... Just when I was about to say that I missed Winry this episode, we got whole ED about her. It makes me think that the director is making up with such EDs for not showing much of Winry at all. I'm sure you can remember EDs with Winry from FMA - they were good.
Aug 1, 2011 9:28 AM
Mar 2010
This recap fits nice seeing as i am picking up fma again now that all the dub is out. xD
Aug 5, 2011 6:48 AM
Jul 2010
Meh, with how interesting the last episode was, this just had to be a recap. It was still enjoyable though. And that dream... Should I take it seriously? I mean, that Hohenheim has a twin brother or something? Well, whatever, I shall find out about that soon enough.

New OP and ED are both worse than previous, which doesn't help at all...

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 1, 2011 10:12 PM

Oct 2009
Gay.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2012 12:59 PM

Mar 2011
That was a boring shitcap...I felt like skipping it but I didn't incase of new material.
May 18, 2012 1:36 AM

Sep 2011
I was a bit confused at the beginning because it was an odd type of recap. All the scenes were played in a random order so it was sort of difficult to interpret what was actually happening at first. Overall, average episode, great ending. Opening/ending song wasn't too bad, iono whats all the fuss about.
funkotakuMay 18, 2012 1:43 AM
Jun 21, 2012 2:42 PM

Nov 2009
this is my second time watching fmab all the way through and i gotta say, upon further consideration, this was a really well done recap episode. it was mysterious but actually very well executed if it is being rewatched and you know how all the pieces come into play later. probably one of the best recaps ive ever seen actually. and there was huge information alluded about
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2012 3:10 PM

Jan 2012
Lan Fan is in the new ED called "Tied Hands" LOOOL
Aug 16, 2012 7:41 PM

Apr 2012
Why does it seem like Scar is the new Sesshomaru?
Sep 12, 2012 8:17 AM

Jun 2012
im not supposed to take the dream seriously right? except for showing hoenheim and "the other guy" arent the same person, thats what i got from it anyway. is that all there is to that episode? xD
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Oct 11, 2012 5:54 PM

Dec 2009
DAT AWESOME SCENE of Ed saying to Al to wait for him.. omg, I replayed that scene over and over..
Oct 12, 2012 12:38 PM

May 2012
A recap episode imo they could have done it better but it wasn't to bad tbh it contained the most important parts until now and finishing that off with a good new OP and ED!
Nov 1, 2012 5:22 PM

Jul 2009
yeah the recap was kinda hit or miss.

they threw alot of stuff at random of times, so it's hard to piece it together.

i was surprised on a Young Pinako appeared.

then again pinako showed a picture of him and her drinking in a photo when he came back from Reseembol.

but yeah it's definitely a dream since he met her wife at such a young age O____O

so there's two Hohenheims?!?!?!

could that be his brother?

he looks sinister than him.

not to mention why is Pinako short when she is older??

wtf?!?!?!

i think the recap showed that Humans are stubborn and will never give up even in the brink of destruction.

a young Trisha!!!

he definitely misses them :P

i love Ed's pose!!

so cute XD

Tricia really does resembles Pinako huh??

i enjoy the recap since they gave us a glimpse of what has happened so far.

plus seeing a Young Pinako and Trisha is worth it :P

and yeah i didn't like the new opening and ending, but the new scenes are amazing!!!

i really feel sorry to Hohenheim, im sure despite feeling hopeless, he still cares about his family and surely misses them.

guess drinking is the only way for him to be reminded by his family.

shame Tricia died early on :(

love the series, always give me multiple emotions in each episodes.

can't wait for the next one episode :D
SomaHeirNov 1, 2012 5:35 PM
Dec 2, 2012 12:13 PM

Mar 2012
Probably the best recap episode ever...it was really needed and everything about it felt like it were a new episode
End Zionazism
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

» Is FMAB worth watching after FMA?

xXCaptainJXx - Apr 6

38 by aleinam »»
Apr 15, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 17, 2010

207 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

343 by Nicolay18 »»
Apr 13, 1:34 AM

» Why doesn’t Lust show more lust? ( 1 2 )

lordJahoo - Apr 2

50 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 11, 6:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.